Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentachronic Snail
Nov 2, 2011
I wonder if DD forces all the prisoners to dress classy, judging by the one carapacian prisoner we've seen thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Pentachronic Snail posted:

I wonder if DD forces all the prisoners to dress classy, judging by the one carapacian prisoner we've seen thus far.

Maybe that's why Dad is getting such great treatment. Droog respects his sensible, fatherly attire.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Pentachronic Snail posted:

It looks like that's WV, and I think if WV wasn't having his clothes dictated by prototyping or exile he'd be a drat snappy dresser. He is a would-be mayor, after all :colbert:

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Perhaps it was Dad's capture that inspired the Dignitary to change outfits.

EDIT:

quote:

Maybe that's why Dad is getting such great treatment. Droog respects his sensible, fatherly attire.

Maybe? It was outright stated that DD moved him to the VIP cell for that reason.

Pentachronic Snail
Nov 2, 2011

Feranon posted:

It looks like that's WV, and I think if WV wasn't having his clothes dictated by prototyping or exile he'd be a drat snappy dresser. He is a would-be mayor, after all :colbert:

I think someone already mentioned that it looks like WV, but yeah.

For some reason I'm imagining WV as Boris Johnson now. Now everything is terrible.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Basically, I'm imagining that just like in B1, WV rose up and led a combined Prospit/Derse army on the battlefield, but with the kings dead and the Batterwitch staying on Derse, there was no one to fight, so they just stood around, protesting awkwardly until Derse's archagents showed up, peppersprayed everyone, and arrested WV.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

frozentreasure posted:

Perhaps it was Dad's capture that inspired the Dignitary to change outfits.

Maybe? It was outright stated that DD moved him to the VIP cell for that reason.

I like to think that Dad's extended stay as a Very Important Prisoner is inspiring a new fashion craze among the dersites. Why else would even the lowest parking ticket shirker be dressed to the nines?

Fake e: oh god, if this fashion spreads to Prospit, we may yet get our cameos from Team Sleuth. :allears:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Bongo Bill posted:

WV being in prison is kind of disconcerting,...

Maybe he just forgot to pay his parking fees, what with being the Wasteful Valet and all! :v:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobulus posted:

Basically, I'm imagining that just like in B1, WV rose up and led a combined Prospit/Derse army on the battlefield, but with the kings dead and the Batterwitch staying on Derse, there was no one to fight, so they just stood around, protesting awkwardly until Derse's archagents showed up, peppersprayed everyone, and arrested WV.

I dunno, with no prototypings the battlefield never went from 3x3 board with just kings to the whole checkerboard world. Also CD blew it up! More likely all the soldiers and whatnot created in the Veil (likely including WV) just went to their homeplanets. Wouldn't surprise me though if WV led a rebellion against the Condesce (because queens are just as bad as kings, tyranny and rebellion are equal opportunity!) on Derse and got arrested there.

Sooo... basically what you said, except on Derse not Skaia.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Even though it's been stated that the suite is "virtually impossible to escape from" (already an iffy claim), I wonder if the only reason Dad hasn't made any attempt to leave has been how comfortable it is there. Maybe Jane's birthday will be just the motivation he needs to leave? Or he'll just leave with DD?

Whatever. Just can't stop smiling and thinking about the possibilities.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is Dad's perfect opportunity to bust out of jail and fight John Malkovich on a C-130 and then deliver a dirty old stuffed rabbit to his daughter (who is technically his grandmother).

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fister Roboto posted:

This is Dad's perfect opportunity to bust out of jail and fight John Malkovich on a C-130 and then deliver a dirty old stuffed rabbit to his daughter (who is technically his grandmother).

Fixed that for you. Remember, Jane is John's grandmother.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I also like to imagine that, since Dad is too old to know about Pesterchum, he's been tweeting to Jane every day, but she never thought to check her Serious Business app.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Roland Jones posted:

Fixed that for you. Remember, Jane is John's grandmother.

Biologically, she's also his mother. John and his Dad are half-brothers. I suppose this dad would be B2-John's son. And since John is biologically Jane's son, Jane really IS this Dad's grandmother.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Isn't this Dad B2 John's son though?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

There's really only two ways Dad could be so unchanged, genetically, with having either John or Jane as his parental figure:

a) Skaia ectobiology fuckery. John and Jade just happen to have the precise genes that, when combined with their respective partners' genes, produces the exact same genetic code.

b) Dad is adopted.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

We still have no information whatsoever about Dad's biological or genetic origins.

I still believe he has some greater significance as he's the only constant across both iterations of the universe.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Yeah, I was under the impression that this is not the same Dad from B1.

Hey, on that note, did anyone else notice how B1 is the Beta Universe and B2 is the Alpha Universe, when really that should be the other way around? And that A1 was home of the Beforan trolls and that A2 was home of the Alternian trolls?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

We still have no information whatsoever about Dad's biological or genetic origins.

I still believe he has some greater significance as he's the only constant across both iterations of the universe.

You mean besides John Cusack.

Plom Bar posted:

Hey, on that note, did anyone else notice how B1 is the Beta Universe and B2 is the Alpha Universe

Since when?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

John Cusack is a universal constant. He exists in all universes ever, not merely in two iterations of the same one.

Not even Dad can compare to that.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Fister Roboto posted:

Who says Dad isn't John Cusack?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Maybe he just forgot to pay his parking fees, what with being the Wasteful Valet and all! :v:

Wouldn't a Wasteful Valet overpay his parking fees?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I also have been speculating under the assumption that Dad was adopted.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Fister Roboto posted:

Since when?

Well John and co. had the SBurb beta, while Jane was waiting for the launch of the alpha, and also all the official merch is had beast/skull/hat/cat as alpha kids. Can't remember if there's anything else.

But I agree with Plom Bar, it's stupid. Although you could sort of make a coincidental connection that the B1 kids beta-version of Sburb was mostly feature complete but had a game-breaking bug rendering it unwinnable, while the B2 alpha had basically nothing (no consorts, no prototyping, no kings, no winning).

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
So I recently got a friend into Homestuck. This is part of her (blue) conversation today with a mutual friend (red).

I can't wait for this reaction. :allears:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wouldn't a Wasteful Valet overpay his parking fees?

Unless he wasted all his money on other things, and thus had none left to pay the fines.

It's a moot point anyway, what with him being the Worst Vaudevillian. I mean, just absolutely terrible. Dude was so bad it was practically theft.

And by practically, I mean literally.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Since we've been referring to Jane and co. as the Alpha kids, which was roughly 30 seconds after Act 6 began.

edit: Countdown until some one VERY pedantic points out that Jane was not named until the second day of Act 6.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Rose Spirit posted:

So I recently got a friend into Homestuck. This is part of her (blue) conversation today with a mutual friend (red).

I can't wait for this reaction. :allears:

Your mutual friend is the best kind of rear end in a top hat. :allears:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Zandar posted:

The "simplest" answer is probably that A1 was truly paradoxical - there was no ectobiology, so the A1 meteors and trolls appeared with no cause. Since an unstable time loop isn't allowed in a successful session, the scratch was necessary in order to change the destinations of the originless meteors and allow their creation.

Cause and effect are kind of malleable in Homestuck, I've noticed.

It's actually a pretty simple time loop. The Beforan group and their ancestors arrived on meteors from the A2 ectobiology, therefore they had to scratch their session or that ectobiology would never have been going to have been happened-ing. Any timeline in which they didn't scratch their session would have been a doomed beta because of the causal fault.

If it was truly paradoxical, it would work like Davesprite's timeline, where John never created them but they still existed, causing a paradox which kills the timeline, i.e. your default beta timeline scenario. Within the crazy, hand-wavey metaphysics of Homestuck, the Beforan grub conundrum is not a paradox, just business as usual.

Android Blues fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 11, 2012

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
I usually check for updates while making my morning coffee and the only thing I took from this while sleepy and slightly disoriented was wait, Dad is bald?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Admiral Goodenough posted:

I usually check for updates while making my morning coffee and the only thing I took from this while sleepy and slightly disoriented was wait, Dad is bald?

Yep.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Admiral Goodenough posted:

The man takes his shaving very, very seriously.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Android Blues posted:

The man takes his shaving very, very seriously.

Dad completely shaves his head once an hour, on the hour. You can set your watch to it. Most people don't notice though, all they hear is a faint whoosh and a slight scraping sound.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Dad's skill with a straight razor makes this look like an amateur lumberjack hacking away with a frozen salmon.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGeArnTjwJI

Some people just don't appreciate fish puns.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Well perhaps he should stop carping on about it and quite being such a moby dick! :mad:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

This is basically exactly what i imagine being around Feferi is like.

Also, i broke down and ordered the SBAHJ magnets. Since he's so slow on making more comics, i'll just have to make them myself. :mad:

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Ammat The Ankh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGeArnTjwJI

Usually homestuck voice acting makes me cringe, but that was pretty good right there. It helps that I love fish puns :).

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So has there been any word on what the fantrolls are going to be? From the kickstarter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Crain posted:

So has there been any word on what the fantrolls are going to be? From the kickstarter?

Not yet, but I will say that I'm actually really disappointed that Hussie lowered the cap on that reward tier from 10 to 2. Not that I was planning on buying one, obviously, but I have a sneaking suspicion that at least 8 other people would have. It would have been funny to be suddenly introduced to 10 new trolls to have them senselessly killed exactly one panel later.