Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
irc snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yeah just got my sweet rear end deck of cards from the only kickstarter I've ever supported

i got like $500 worth of stuff kickstarted

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
paging ian. i think you need to fix this

http://statpedia.com/staging/week-24/#!/kickstarter

someone will probably goatse it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

TURBO BUTTON posted:

i got like $500 worth of stuff kickstarted

:george:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dr. Honked posted:

Burp And Fart Piano Stats

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
anyone can edit it but only people with logins can like/dislike/mark spam as far as I can see

owenkun
Feb 26, 2007

The scent of strawberry milk.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yeah just got my sweet rear end deck of cards from the only kickstarter I've ever supported

i got my marshmallows, they're p. great

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Dr. Honked posted:

graph of people who have joined the lemon party over the past year

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

one is a low budget vidoegame review show by ryan macleud off of consolevania and the bbc-produced version, the other is a devkit for those oculus vr glasses carmack was touting

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Werthog posted:

\

dude on the right actually has thought that and is now kicking himself for the missed opportunity

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
the low budget review show one is p funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4W7SSunjVk

and they were asking for like a pitiful amount of money and din't expect it to be even close to fulfilled

when a bunch of fans donated they just about shat themselves it was p cool

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

protip: dont read her facebook or look at her profile pics

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

but being that fat is unhealthy??

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

she stands...

unhealthily

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
apparently 2 giant cupcakes is moderation now

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
she would be really cute if 1/2 the size

but im a weight bigot

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
sigh

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

happy holidays ian

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Proteus4994 posted:

ian plz tell us exactly how much money it costs to start statpedia and why you can't seem to figure it out and how this isn't clearly a cash grab for whatever you can get

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

graph posted:

happy holidays ian

You too.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

also merry christmas ian

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

so do these people look at, like, olympic athletes and the navy seals and zulu warriors and just go "yeah, i'm just as healthy as they are" or what

if you asked them to race a fireman up a flight of stairs would they blame the biased media for making them puke and pass out by the third floor?

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 11, 2012

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sagebrush posted:

so do these people look at, like, olympic athletes and the navy seals and firemen and zulu warriors and just go "yeah, i'm as healthy as they are" or what

healthy at any weight bro

*palms two giant cupcakes at once, one with a cookie sticking out of it* yeah i enjoy moderation

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Proteus4994 posted:

ian plz tell us exactly how much money it costs to start statpedia and why you can't seem to figure it out and how this isn't clearly a cash grab for whatever you can get

Here are materials: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6DR76NleZQsbDdTb0NZTWQwMlU

Really though I would like to know what amount I should write up an expense report for?

I can think of several things I would like to add that would still make it less than $500k.

For clean first class quality statpedia, get some real investment capital, and make this thing really happen. A nice beautiful website for an innovative project.

Seriously... what do you guys think is a reasonable equity offer for statpedia that I could get to make this thing super nice?

I want to see this thing really going.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Merry Christmas Proteus. :)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

iam i really think you should read this article

http://readwrite.com/2012/12/03/lets-all-shed-tears-for-the-crappy-startups-that-cant-raise-any-more-money

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

read it and advertised statpedia there. :)

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

yeah, man, with all those entrepreneurs leaving the Valley now is your big chance. come on, man. make it a $5K goal

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Ian McLean posted:

Really though I would like to know what amount I should write up an expense report for?

whatever amount you think the website will cost to start, thus the name "kickstarter". it's not a place to grab whatever cash you can and run.

actually that seems to be exactly what it's for but never mind that. how are exams going?

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!

i want her to hold my ding dong

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I STAND

gently caress outta breath let me sit down a minute

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Gonna laugh so hard if Ian can't even get $500.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ten dollar bitcoin posted:

Gonna laugh so hard if Ian can't even get $500.

71 hours and $187 to go.

its never going to happen.

18 idiots though; i saw at least one yosposter. how many fake backers do we have for $1?

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

you morons ian is gonna throw in $200 of his own money to get your $300 (of which he probably also contributed $150)

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

statphelia

sports
Sep 1, 2012
i enjoy the cry for help. the whole "were going to live on the streets" bull poo poo

hey ian, hey. ian.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

team leader is a programmer, the project manager is important, and so is the tester. I count 7 being paid.

The project manager used to be a programmer, and he helps a lot with design. The tester is an extra 12k a year. Research and worklfow analyst is constantly taking in feedback and also helping with design.

There is enough stuff that needs to be done to keep everyone busy.

This project needs a solid structure.

Like I said.... we can keep going with our shoestring budget, and another 20k of funding to pull us through the next year.

I didn't make this budget, but if this is what the team wants, and this is what they believe statpedia needs, then I trust their decisions.

I have pages upon pages upon pages of design specifications sitting on hold because limited resources.

These support roles such as tester, and analyst make the programmers lives easier. Would I like to see the programmers getting paid the most? Yes, but they aren't asking for more, so... what do I do. I think I am just sort of approaching it as an "if it aint broken, don't fix it." type attitude about this budget.

I don't have to worry about timesheets, or making sure people developing the priority stuff, scheduling team meetings. I can just innovate, read over the code, make small changes here and there, and continue developing the big picture statpedia vision.

Right now I do tons of testing, I am constantly designing stuff, innovating, worrying about this and that. I need to start dividing up the work I do.

Everyone likes working on statpedia, because it is different and interesting, so pretty much everyone is happy with it. I put myself in for $1.

8 people developing statpedia for 300k... I would say that is about as lean as you are going to find in this world.

Do I need 8 people? Yes. I could ramp up twice that and still have more stuff to do. I have no shortage of development.

Once again... 20k will keep us starving, but they will still help me even with that much.

Really all this comes down to facilitating development speed. With more money I can scale up. With less, I can scale down. This budget can be adjusted to any amount between 20k and 2 million without me worried about how to efficiently spend the funds.

but now we can do it for 500

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Ian, how have you not attracted any big investors to this idea? I mean, a user-edited stat website would definitely bring in over $300k a year operating costs with enough left over to pay back the investahahahahahaha sorry i couldn't do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

So those other four people are figments of his imagination, yeah?

• Locked thread