Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Tales of Game's officially too busy going out to buy pants for the first time to update stretch goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

You mean scavenging for them in the sewers, researching for the blue duergar quest?

And as I logged into kickstarter, the exact amount pledged is 73k. Someone must have worked their math skills to make this canon.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

evilmiera posted:

You mean scavenging for them in the sewers, researching for the blue duergar quest?

And as I logged into kickstarter, the exact amount pledged is 73k. Someone must have worked their math skills to make this canon.

I contributed $10 and realized I ruined perfect symmetry, and felt irrationally bad about it.

Luckily, it's $73,020 now, so I'm in this together with someone else.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hope you got some pants Boyardee.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
drat, how does it feel to hit all your stretch goals with more than two weeks left in the campaign?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Do I have to play the first game to understand the complex and intricate narrative?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

notZaar posted:

drat, how does it feel to hit all your stretch goals with more than two weeks left in the campaign?

All the stretchgoals so far. We still have room for 50k or more to give them to implement a cool new murderheadesque future for us to enjoy.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

horriblePencilist posted:

Do I have to play the first game to understand the complex and intricate narrative?

Well this game isn't coming out for more than a year and the first game is free and several hours long so you might as well

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Yes. It is canon.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Well this game isn't coming out for more than a year and the first game is free and several hours long so you might as well

Also yes, you need to play it, since the first game is also canon.

edit: Too slow..:argh:

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

There is also a let's play of it on lparchive, but there really is no point not to play it yourself.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
drat it, we need some new stretch goals already so that i can up my pledge again. :argh:

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I haven't pledged yet, so I would indeed like some stretch goals.

Can we make you wear shirts and shave once a week?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

timeandtide posted:

I haven't pledged yet, so I would indeed like some stretch goals.

Can we make you wear shirts and shave once a week?
Let's not go crazy here.

Logiwonk
May 5, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If we raise more money by kickstarter is there a possibility of you hiring more people and getting the game out sooner? Because I think everyone is dying to play this game asap.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Logiwonk posted:

If we raise more money by kickstarter is there a possibility of you hiring more people and getting the game out sooner? Because I think everyone is dying to play this game asap.

I'd be happy if more money means that they can work full-time longer, so that Barkley 2 becomes the epic second chapter the Hoopz Barkley SaGa deserves.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I hope the next batch of Stretch Goals include a Wii U version and a board game.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

I hope the next batch of Stretch Goals include a Wii U version and a board game.

I would unironically pay 60 bucks for a Barkley: Gaiden or Barkley 2 board game. gently caress, little Jimmy played the Chaos Dunk, everyone discard 3 Slam cards and go back to start :negative:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Angry Diplomat posted:

I would unironically pay 60 bucks for a Barkley: Gaiden or Barkley 2 board game. gently caress, little Jimmy played the Chaos Dunk, everyone discard 3 Slam cards and go back to start :negative:

Hoops and Ladders.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Superschaf posted:

I'd be happy if more money means that they can work full-time longer, so that Barkley 2 becomes the epic second chapter the Hoopz Barkley SaGa deserves.

They should work on a Blizzard or Valve schedule, giving us the games we need but possibly don't deserve.

I would actually not mind waiting a few extra years for this to happen.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Everything by Blizzard and Valve is complete garbage, though? :getin:

"Hey guys let's take the bad, boring parts of our previous games and stretch them out for the lenght of a whole new game."

If ToG's did that, Barkley 2 would be an endlessly repeating random encounter in a linear dungeon corridor.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

quakster posted:

If ToG's did that, Barkley 2 would be an endlessly repeating random encounter in a linear dungeon corridor.

The first room of Cuchulainn's tomb repeated for eternity?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Angry Diplomat posted:

I would buy a fantasy strategy baseketball game where your dudes had zabers and chaos dunks a'la blood bowl

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The first room of Cuchulainn's tomb repeated for eternity?
Exactly.

Logiwonk
May 5, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Superschaf posted:

Point, good things come to those who wait.

What about a stretch goal for the implementation of an actual DWARFnet?

Scambl
Jun 1, 2007

Anything you can do, Neil Gaiman can do better.
New stretch goal: Duergar mascot costume to wear to cons.

e: To clarify, this is for the Tales of Games people to take to cons. And maybe b-ball games.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Unguided posted:

Here's an idea for a major stretch goal, get GZ to make a game demo based on the old Zybourne trailer and add it to the $60 pledge reward gamepack.

A stretch goal to finally realize the brilliant vision of earlier goon designers and make Zybourne Clock a real vidcon (or just a demo) would be amazing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Tales of Game's Twitter posted:

Unbelievable, $73k! Thank you everybody!!!!! Oh, and FYI, I'm not contractually obligated to wear pants until after the Kickstarter.

WHAT.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Goddammit, we've been had!!

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Logiwonk posted:

Yeah, this is the kind of thing we'd really like to do with the money. Rather than release it sooner though, I think we'd release it at the same time but with more content and with systems tighter and better fleshed out. This isn't exciting or flashy like stretch goals are supposed to be, but it does mean that the game will be better in every regard.

I'm giving some pants a test drive right now, but I'm not happy about it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I've found that a mumu fulfills many of the requirements of pants without being so restrictive, you might want to check it out.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Good. I'd rather ToG be as productive as possible before they have their creative freedom stifled by pantal oppression.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Logiwonk posted:

Point, good things come to those who wait.

This man knows what's up.

Oh, and if you sign up more people to help you make the game better, who would you be looking for specifically? I mean you seem to have most of the bases covered already with the music and art at the very least.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

quakster posted:

Everything by Blizzard and Valve is complete garbage, though? :getin:

"Hey guys let's take the bad, boring parts of our previous games and stretch them out for the lenght of a whole new game."

Dota2 is the greatest shut your whore mouth

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Logiwonk posted:

It would be cool to have a Dark Souls-like system where you could leave hints or pull japes using DWARFnet. Maybe in Barkley 3 tho'

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

It would be cool to have a Dark Souls-like system where you could leave hints or pull japes using DWARFnet. Maybe in Barkley 3 tho'

It would be cooler to have a Dark Souls-like system where other TRUE DOOM-MURDERHEADS could invade as B-Ball Wraiths and try to kill you. Chef Boyardee please put this on a sticky note and circle it and put a bunch of question marks next to it and then stick it to the bottom of your monitor.

Lamhirh
Sep 8, 2012
DWARFnet reminds me of the message boards in the .hack// games, which is probably where the inspiration came from.

In .hack//GU there was also Apkalu, a fanart board. It was supposed to be people of varying skill drawing things related to the game. Themselves, their friends, random NPCs/enemies, current events related to the plot, etc. And there would be comments, drawing tips, follow-up images, and friendly banter.

It seems like that kind of thing could be hilarious in a parody game like this.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

So is it like those community highlights social underline things in Kindle, except for a video game?

Or is it more like that one Japanese youtube site where the video gets buried in hundreds of ascii captions?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I had this random idea to design a Barkley card game and now I'm seriously considering it and coming up with rules in my head.

Lamhirh posted:

DWARFnet reminds me of the message boards in the .hack// games, which is probably where the inspiration came from.

In .hack//GU there was also Apkalu, a fanart board. It was supposed to be people of varying skill drawing things related to the game. Themselves, their friends, random NPCs/enemies, current events related to the plot, etc. And there would be comments, drawing tips, follow-up images, and friendly banter.

It seems like that kind of thing could be hilarious in a parody game like this.

Dwarfekaki? I like that idea. Maybe have a fan art contest or something and put the winning pictures in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Chef Boyardee!

Did you see my previous question about whether people might be able to buy the vidcon pack seperately outside of donating?