Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Snapseed is free in the App Store - i think its an excellent program, especially at that price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I haven't posted in a while here, but I took a nice picture of my kitty Pickle a couple of days ago :3: I didn't pose her, she was waiting with paws crossed when I came by. Cropped it with Halftone and somehow made it a little softer that the original.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

Ropes4u posted:

Snapseed is free in the App Store - i think its an excellent program, especially at that price.
There was an update this morning, I noticed the splashscreen now says "Google+ Snapseed" - I'm betting there's some people over at Snapseed HQ who became millionaires over the weekend.

The update has some really nice stuff, too. Better frames, new and improved presets, light leaks, scratches - basically, in one update they removed half the reasons I ever needed to use Afterglow at all. Afterglow still has the best controls I've seen for fine tuning, it's just more than I need.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

jackpot posted:

"Google+ Snapseed" - I'm betting there's some people over at Snapseed HQ who became millionaires over the weekend.

I need to make apps..

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
Horray, Snapseed for Android! I might have gone a bit over the top on my first attempt. Probably trying to compensate for the rubbish phone camera quality :p

Lloyd's Building. by Clwn, on Flickr

Clown fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 7, 2012

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
I'm enjoying using Snapseed :)
I'm sure you guys will tell me when to shut up and stop.

Royal Docks. by Clwn, on Flickr

Clapham Common. by Clwn, on Flickr

Clapham Common. by Clwn, on Flickr

Clapham Common Station. by Clwn, on Flickr

Southwark Station. by Clwn, on Flickr

Northern Line, Waterloo Station. by Clwn, on Flickr

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Clown posted:

I'm enjoying using Snapseed :)
I'm sure you guys will tell me when to shut up and stop.

Subway photos are great, what are you using to watermark the pics?

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
Lightroom :)

I've been uploading the pictures to Dropbox and then uploading from Lightroom. Is there something I can use to watermark from my phone?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Clown posted:

Is there something I can use to watermark from my phone?

Dear god, I hope not. Most internet photographers are insufferable enough without instant watermarking of cellphone snapshots being a thing.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

8th-samurai posted:

Dear god, I hope not. Most internet photographers are insufferable enough without instant watermarking of cellphone snapshots being a thing.

Definitely need to develop that app now :)

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
I hope mine isn't too obscene :)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Clown posted:

Lightroom :)

I've been uploading the pictures to Dropbox and then uploading from Lightroom. Is there something I can use to watermark from my phone?

You could try Over if you feel like spending a couple bucks? :)

http://appshopper.com/photography/over-textphotos

Though I doubt it has any kind of repeatable templating.

<edit> Oops, no idea if there's similar on Android.

<e2> New Snapseed is nice, though they've taken a couple tools out I liked :(

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 8, 2012

widunder
May 2, 2002

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

NoneMoreNegative posted:

<e2> New Snapseed is nice, though they've taken a couple tools out I liked :(

Those glasses are also nice :catstare: any idea what the frames are?

Drewski
Apr 15, 2005

Good thing Vader didn't touch my bike. Good thing for him.
From a hike this morning. I forgot my 60D and went with my iPhone 4S.

Wildwood Park by sulakkalus, on Flickr

Wildwood Park 2 by sulakkalus, on Flickr

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Wow, that last one is pretty spectacular for a cellphone.

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

The best part of flying, going through the three hundred cloud photos taken to pass the time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You appear to have an eyelash stuck to your camera. :v:

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

PREYING MANTITS posted:

The best part of flying, going through the three hundred cloud photos taken to pass the time.
I don't even remember the last time I flew where I wasn't stuck right over the wing, with nothing to shoot; this is awesome.

This is gorgeous.

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

xzzy posted:

You appear to have an eyelash stuck to your camera. :v:

Hahaha, I thought that too but that's actually in the clouds. I've got a couple other shots where it's there but at another angle. Tempted to clone it out, but I wasn't sure if it jumped out as much to others or not.

jackpot posted:

I don't even remember the last time I flew where I wasn't stuck right over the wing, with nothing to shoot; this is awesome.

Thanks! Yeah, most of the time I'm always stuck over the wing or have a huge engine right there. I was flying from Akron to Chicago and it was pretty much an empty flight so I finally got to enjoy sitting in the third row. Unfortunately that makes it easier for flight attendants to see you taking photos right after takeoff but I went for it anyway because I'm a rebel.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Weber river this past summer. Shot with Google Nexus.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

drat. What did you do here in post? I love it.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

drat. What did you do here in post? I love it.

Thanks! I have a droid x2 and just used the Amaro filter in instagram. The weather was pretty perfect for that sort of picture today, so that helped the most.

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

The new iPod touch can take decent photos.

MOD EDIT: disregard

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 11, 2012

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Ropes4u posted:

Holy crap the amount of whining and bitching on the reviews is insane. People are asking for their $5 back, screaming that Google will ruin it, etc etc. It's a smartphone app that originally cost less than a burger!! Christ.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

the kawaiiest posted:

Holy crap the amount of whining and bitching on the reviews is insane. People are asking for their $5 back, screaming that Google will ruin it, etc etc. It's a smartphone app that originally cost less than a burger!! Christ.

Google can't ruin anything they "do no evil". On another not i rarely buy apps, I'm ruining the economy, I track them on AppShopper waiting for them to be free.

Ropes4u fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 11, 2012

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

so the new instagram update kinda screwed people over who import images from albums other than the camera roll :/

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Paragon8 posted:

so the new instagram update kinda screwed people over who import images from albums other than the camera roll :/

Works just fine on my Galaxy Nexus.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

8th-samurai posted:

Works just fine on my Galaxy Nexus.

the update was pushed to iOS before android so I'd recommend not updating it for the time being

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Paragon8 posted:

the update was pushed to iOS before android so I'd recommend not updating it for the time being

It updated this morning to v3.3.2 is iOS ahead of that?

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

8th-samurai posted:

It updated this morning to v3.3.2 is iOS ahead of that?

Apparently some elements are.

Like I'm not trying to con anyone or anything here. Just that now you can no longer import photos from libraries other than the camera roll to post to instagram in my experience on iOS with an iPhone 5. I've noticed some people experience this too in comments on blog posts about the new update.

I'm not lying, I promise.

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
I was able to import from Dropbox on Android, Samsung Galaxy S3.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Weird, I get a network error when trying to import from Dropbox but other folders on my phone work just fine.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Paragon8 posted:

Could this be a way of preventing those dirty, cheating bastards from posting dSLR shots on instagram? Not that it actually prevents that, but it does at least slow you down by a few seconds. Otherwise I can't think of any good reason why they've done this at all; I just don't see the benefit to it.

Hell, nevermind my reasoning; it's not like they're concerned with quality, a cursory glance at the "popular" page cancels that out.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

jackpot posted:

Could this be a way of preventing those dirty, cheating bastards from posting dSLR shots on instagram? Not that it actually prevents that, but it does at least slow you down by a few seconds. Otherwise I can't think of any good reason why they've done this at all; I just don't see the benefit to it.

Hell, nevermind my reasoning; it's not like they're concerned with quality, a cursory glance at the "popular" page cancels that out.

it is annoying because it also circumvents people editing pics in other apps like vsco or snapseed. Hopefully there is a patch for it because the fun thing about instagram is the sharing not necessarily the filters

Happyfacecrazy
Jul 30, 2010

Soft Kitty...
Warm Kitty...
Little Ball of Fur.
Happy Kitty...
Sleepy Kitty...
Purr, Purr, Purrr.
Random shot taken yesterday I love buildings :3:

Haven't came across any problems with the new instagram update yet although I haven't had a good play around either.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

jackpot posted:

Actually I think they ARE concerned with quality. I think this change was meant to prevent people from posting poo poo they found on Google and having accounts for lolcats and memes and crap like that. Lots of people are using instagram to post their image collections, so the popular page is full of garbage like rage comics, "funny quotes" and photos of Justin Bieber. I've reported countless accounts over the past few months that had nothing but images saved from other places. Many even had disclaimers that said "I don't own these images". They apparently think that IG is Photobucket.

Honestly I don't mind the change at all, I think Instagram is supposed to be for sharing little snapshots and moments of your life, there are other places to post DSLR shots or whatever. The whole idea of it was to share photos taken with your phone. It's a shame that we can't edit our photos on other apps anymore but it's a small price to pay for better content and a cleaner popular page imho.

the kawaiiest fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Dec 12, 2012

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

the kawaiiest posted:

Actually I think they ARE concerned with quality. I think this change was meant to prevent people from posting poo poo they found on Google and having accounts for lolcats and memes and crap like that. Lots of people are using instagram to post their image collections, so the popular page is full of garbage like rage comics, "funny quotes" and photos of Justin Bieber. I've reported countless accounts over the past few months that had nothing but images saved from other places. Many even had disclaimers that said "I don't own these images". They apparently think that IG is Photobucket.

Honestly I don't mind the change at all, I think Instagram is supposed to be for sharing little snapshots and moments of your life, there are other places to post DSLR shots or whatever. The whole idea of it was to share photos taken with your phone. It's a shame that we can't edit our photos on other apps anymore but it's a small price to pay for better content and a cleaner popular page imho.
The popular page is still filled with poo poo photos of Hollywood douche bags and Facebook slogans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

the kawaiiest posted:

It's a shame that we can't edit our photos on other apps anymore but it's a small price to pay for better content and a cleaner popular page imho.
Why is post-processing every image so important? I notice many of the photos posted here over heavily processed, to the point where the colors don't look obviously manipulated.