Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Plom Bar posted:

Not yet, but I will say that I'm actually really disappointed that Hussie lowered the cap on that reward tier from 10 to 2. Not that I was planning on buying one, obviously, but I have a sneaking suspicion that at least 8 other people would have. It would have been funny to be suddenly introduced to 10 new trolls to have them senselessly killed exactly one panel later.
I'm pretty sure that was to force them to actually contact him first, so he didn't have people wussying out or making a joke or anything like that. Because I think at least one person did exactly that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plom Bar posted:

Not yet, but I will say that I'm actually really disappointed that Hussie lowered the cap on that reward tier from 10 to 2. Not that I was planning on buying one, obviously, but I have a sneaking suspicion that at least 8 other people would have. It would have been funny to be suddenly introduced to 10 new trolls to have them senselessly killed exactly one panel later.

Yeah, as the poster above said, it was still limited to ten, but people had to actually pay him; the first guy to buy a fantroll got a ridiculous amount of fanart, so other people decided to pledge, get fanart for their troll, and then rescind the pledge. The limit was added to keep that thing from happening, but getting fantrolls afterward was still possible.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I'm looking forward to the fantrolls, because at least one of the donators is going to freak the gently caress out when their perfect fantroll baby is killed after one panel. Because they somehow won't see that coming.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
I think you underestimate Homestuck fans. Pretty sure both donors are counting on it.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Luminous Obscurity posted:

I think you underestimate Homestuck fans. Pretty sure both donors are counting on it.

Well someone's going to freak the gently caress out, I know that much. Actually, it's even better if it's not one of the donors, because then it's just some weird guy yelling for no reason.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I remember a lot of fanart being tossed around of some of the supposed winners. I know at one point we had two different richguy seadwellers, but then the crappy one dropped out. I wonder if the one with the top hat is still in. (Kind of hope so, because as silly as that was, it was still one of the better candidates I had seen, and the owner seemed chill and open to criticism in making him better.)

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Yeah, the Top Hat seadweller is still in. His donor is a soldier who would read MSPA in Afghanistan and it seems like he felt like giving something back more than getting a fantroll so he's pretty chill about the whole thing.

The other one is a blue-blood girl with horn nunchucks. I don't know much about her donor.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
That's actually... kinda awesome. Props to the cool military guy.

That being said I really hope that the fan characters don't become actual characters in the story that's just hosed.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The $100,000 reward was your fantroll living beyond the first panel, which heavily implies that the ones we got won't. Don't worry.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Wasn't there one fan troll that was just every other one mashed together? Someone repost the picture, I can't find it, and it needs to be shared with the world.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

You know, I'd be tempted to do get one of duedlyfirearms's godtier art commissions, but I was never able to decide what a cool class/aspect combo would be. We just don't know enough so many of the classes and can only guess at the aspects.

I think I'd pay money for a "sburb technical manual" after the story is done, made by Hussie, that lays out exactly what all the classes and aspects are related to. Plus how all the game mechanics would have worked, had they not been subverted.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Bobulus posted:

You know, I'd be tempted to do get one of duedlyfirearms's godtier art commissions, but I was never able to decide what a cool class/aspect combo would be. We just don't know enough so many of the classes and can only guess at the aspects.

Personally i've always thought that Prince of Time would be the most interesting class, because destroying time would be metal as gently caress.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'd like to see (:v:)a Seer of Time. Mostly because I think they'd basically be Muad'dib and that would be rad as gently caress.

Prince of Space would be cool, as that's basically the entirety of Queen.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Prison Warden posted:

Prince of Space would be cool, as that's basically the entirety of Queen.

It would probably be a pretty boring class to play, though, since all attacks would be useless against him.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

minimalist posted:

It would probably be a pretty boring class to play, though, since all attacks would be useless against him.

His power apparently lies in his choosing incompetent enemies.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Well Manicured Man posted:

His power apparently lies in his choosing incompetent enemies.

Yeah, chickens are too stupid to mutiny.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Had to go back to pages 581 to 597 to dig these.

Fantroll #1:

Sea Dweller #2 (the pink one) was the one who abused the system to get art of the character then rescinded. It was ugly and dumb and a good thing this never actually got in.

Omnitroll was a joke limited to tumblr (the author didn't make a fake pledge), but lots of people missed the "(Just kidding)" that was typed below the pic, so tumblr proceeded to harass the guy.

Horn-chuck troll is kinda a mystery.

Also found this through Google:
http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_Fan_Trolls

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Roland Jones posted:

The $100,000 reward was your fantroll living beyond the first panel, which heavily implies that the ones we got won't. Don't worry.

Immediately after entering the story they will become canon.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Don't forget, the Midnight Crew were technically fan characters at one point. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Hussie jackknifes around our expectations yet again and turns them into amazing characters just because he can.

"And now to make you love the top-hatted, seadwelling fantroll."

Edit: And then he kills him.

Luminous Obscurity fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 11, 2012

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Bobulus posted:

Lobsang Ludd as Thief of Time

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Omnitroll is still the best thing the fandom has produced.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

"Eridan is a metaphor for the Obama Administration" is the best. Omnitroll is pretty great though, especially because it looks like Terezi cosplaying as everybody else at the same time.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Thundarr posted:

"Eridan is a metaphor for the Obama Administration" is the best. Omnitroll is pretty great though, especially because it looks like Terezi cosplaying as everybody else at the same time.
I think you mean Vriska (Vriska).

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Elysiume posted:

I think you mean Vriska (Vriska).

That is literally part of what I cited as being the best thing. :colbert:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Fister Roboto posted:

There was one troll I've seen before in that vein which took the concept even further: It was some sort of Ophiuchus-troll conglomerate nonsense whose horns literally were so huge, they kept the troll suspended in midair. Or something like that.

I believe this was part of some fan adventure, but I've never been able to find it again. If anyone here knows what I'm talking about, could you provide a link?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Thundarr posted:

That is literally part of what I cited as being the best thing. :colbert:
I thought you specifically meant the Eridan part.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I wish Hussie would hurry up and give us dates for the kickstarter rewards. I don't mind if it comes on the last day of the month or whatever, I just like having general dates.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Wrist Watch posted:

I wish Hussie would hurry up and give us dates for the kickstarter rewards. I don't mind if it comes on the last day of the month or whatever, I just like having general dates.
December is the date that has been given for the non-game stuff.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Wrist Watch posted:

You'll want to watch the What Pumpkin twitter for that sort of thing, mainly. They've been sending them out, but evidently aren't done.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

You'll want to watch the What Pumpkin twitter for that sort of thing, mainly. They've been sending them out, but evidently aren't done.
They might sell scalemates at some point! :toot:

Hopefully my address change went through before they shipped mine out.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Elysiume posted:

December is the date that has been given for the non-game stuff.

I meant an update to the kickstarter going something like "yo guys, we're sending out stuff now", but that twitter feed HB posted cleared it up. I think the Cucumber Quest kickstarter spoiled me with how communicative she was.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Wrist Watch posted:

I meant an update to the kickstarter going something like "yo guys, we're sending out stuff now", but that twitter feed HB posted cleared it up. I think the Cucumber Quest kickstarter spoiled me with how communicative she was.
Yeah, after I said that I sort of realized that a promise of December when the Kickstarter started wasn't really useful. I wonder if they send out emails or KS messages when packages actually get put in the mail.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

The best thing I've seen is a troll that is composed totally of horns.

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Yeah, after I said that I sort of realized that a promise of December when the Kickstarter started wasn't really useful. I wonder if they send out emails or KS messages when packages actually get put in the mail.

I actually just got an email from UPS saying that there's a package from What Pumpkin heading for me later this week, so apparently they are doing that! Also, according to the homestuck kickstarter tag on tumblr, people have been receiving prints already.

The Koos Grip
Dec 12, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hussie, the-man-insect-man. Splitting the atoms of the soul. A decade-long out-of-body experience. The first self-aware artist. Created by the internet. The only channel wide enough for Homestuck.

Homestuck, the new anthem. Post-post-post-myth. The lonely gods of the scentless medium. The final gnostic gospel. Before the imposition, you.

You, a perfect facsimile of nothing. Fear of being unafraid. Shortening your reach until you touch something warm. Fixated on your shadow. The goon beyond goon. A new rut.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

You're getting really meta, Koos.

The Koos Grip
Dec 12, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cabbit posted:

You're getting really meta, Koos.

Homestuck undid the concept of "meta." When you're bound by gravity, it's only possible to look at something from the side, not from above.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Cat Mattress posted:

Omnitroll was a joke limited to tumblr (the author didn't make a fake pledge), but lots of people missed the "(Just kidding)" that was typed below the pic, so tumblr proceeded to harass the guy.

This is still the only fan troll I can get behind on any canon level. It's just too amazing to not be real.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I never thought I'd see that particular form of chat come up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Aw, finery is such serious business.

I enjoy that the black carapaces aren't trolling the poor one that sat on his hat, but are just that dumb.