Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I don't even need to see the imaged to know what you're talking about. Millenia decided to convert and animate this release and he accidentally used Bethesda's poo poo animations instead of the good Obsidian ones we used for the mateba. A fix will be coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

WMX also has up to date compatibility for WRP, though. Get WMX.

Fully modded Maria in WMX is The Best Thing:

Blessed are those in Maria's sight. :unsmigghh:

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

StandardVC10 posted:

About this, I installed it last week and it seems to have a few issues- installing more than one mod at a time on the weapon crashes the game (if you space it out it's okay though) and the mod attachment noise is the sound of popping a RadAway for some reason. Maybe I had a bad install?

I haven't had any issues with the Ithaca.. but I did have trouble with the Remington 870, which I actually would have preferred over the Ithaca. I don't know what I did but my game would crash any time I tried to fire the Remington, so I just gave up and deactivated it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Parker Lewis posted:

I haven't had any issues with the Ithaca.. but I did have trouble with the Remington 870, which I actually would have preferred over the Ithaca. I don't know what I did but my game would crash any time I tried to fire the Remington, so I just gave up and deactivated it.

Hmmm. That's even odder. I'd actually like to try to troubleshoot this odd one if possible. The additions of modkits crashing the game bug is one we're absolutely clueless on except that using Weapon Mod Menu seems to auto-fix whatever the issue is (and we don't know why or how or if it's a problem on our end or a problem with the game's modification system that his scripts bypass) but crashing on firing is something that I would hope if solveable.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Naky posted:

Hmmm. That's even odder. I'd actually like to try to troubleshoot this odd one if possible. The additions of modkits crashing the game bug is one we're absolutely clueless on except that using Weapon Mod Menu seems to auto-fix whatever the issue is (and we don't know why or how or if it's a problem on our end or a problem with the game's modification system that his scripts bypass) but crashing on firing is something that I would hope if solveable.

I'd be happy to help troubleshoot this problem, send me a PM and let me know where to start.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

fentan posted:

WMX also has up to date compatibility for WRP, though. Get WMX.

Fully modded Maria in WMX is The Best Thing:

Blessed are those in Maria's sight. :unsmigghh:

This is exactly the reason to use WMX. WME's patch for Aeronvalis hasn't been updated in loving ages, so you're liable to get all kinds of bugs.

Also, Upmarket Mango, that looks like a really common bug with a lot of guns. It just happens. Reload/change ammo/holster/draw/unequip reequip, some or all of these will fix it.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Normal map baked, thanks Aeronvalis for putting up with my million and one questions!

Long ways to go still. Need to get the ammo holster sorted out and get the thing textured. (And figure out what's going on on the barrel cover.) If anybody wants to volunteer to texture this thing, I'm completely okay with someone doing that part!

On another note, what would everyone prefer? unique ammunition, or just standard Microfusion Cells? I'm okay with either, really.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
It's coming along nicely. Kind of looks like the energy equivalent of the hunting revolver.

Ammo: Just jamming an energy cell into the ammo hole on your crazy future gun feels more Fallout-y to me. And the less time both the modder and the user needs to spend mucking around with leveled lists, the better. Have you decided on whether it's going to fire plasma or lasers?

Horns fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Dec 12, 2012

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
most likely a laser, though I'm curious if it's possible to make an energy weapon crit cause a body to explode into gibs rather than do the disintegrate effect. Doubting that you can, as nobody else has done it.

also, the name I decided on for it is B!G Iron. mostly just out of reference for the 'B!' I drew on the side in the sketches of it.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Colon Semicolon posted:

I'm curious if it's possible to make an energy weapon crit cause a body to explode into gibs rather than do the disintegrate effect.
Laser weapens have the LaserDisintegrationFXSpell effect under their critical hit data. I'm guessing that if you remove that the disintegrate won't happen.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I've had this happen, but I'm pretty sure The Armory has nothing to do with it. Do you have any other mods that might be making those changes, like Project Nevada?

I stopped Project Nevada (didn't really like it), but this came up before then. Basically it's funny as hell watching my guy unload a full mag in VATS at a ghoul thirty feet away and miss because the barrel of any revolver is full of invisible clowns or something. Opening up VATS and getting percentages of 0% for something that was 40 feet away from my .357 was new though.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Colon Semicolon posted:

most likely a laser, though I'm curious if it's possible to make an energy weapon crit cause a body to explode into gibs rather than do the disintegrate effect. Doubting that you can, as nobody else has done it.

also, the name I decided on for it is B!G Iron. mostly just out of reference for the 'B!' I drew on the side in the sketches of it.

Can you combine death effects? Seeing someone turn bright yellow and then exploding would be neat.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Just wanted to say that you own for making this

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Nevets posted:

Can you combine death effects? Seeing someone turn bright yellow and then exploding would be neat.
Sure. Well, with some work.
I fiddled around with the laser's crit effect out of curiosity and it just overrides the default death stuf with via a script.

You can just rip out the delete-corpse-and-place-ash-pile nonsense completely and have the glowy vxf play on the body. However, for it to look good you'll need to do some editing to the laser's crit effect shaders and I've found little to no documention on that. So that ought to be fun.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

right arm posted:

Just wanted to say that you own for making this

Took me pestering him and reminding him that he had it :P

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

I've got an early Christmas present for you guys. It's a surprise. It's not CCO, it's not Wild Wasteland, it's something new. It's something small, kind of, but I was amazed to see it hadn't been done already. I suppose it also counts as restored cut content, technically.

It's a full Ulysses Companion mod. After finishing the events of Lonesome Road, assuming Ulysses survived, you can recruit him as a permanent companion to follow you throughout the Mojave.

It's certainly a beta, but I've playtested it quite a bit and everything seems in order. Here's an overview of some of the features:

* Full companion functionality - he'll be capable of everything a regular New Vegas companion can do.
* Fully voiced. No awkward silences - everything has been spliced together from Ulysses' existing dialogue.
* New unique dialogue. Because Ulysses can follow you now, he'll have some new dialogue if he's with you when you kill Caesar and/or House.
* Fire him to three possible locations: The Lucky 38 Suite (if you have it), Wolfhorn Ranch, and the Divide. If your character hasn't discovered Wolfhorn Ranch yet, the dialogue prompt will tell him to make camp somewhere in the Mojave, and the Ranch map marker will be added to your Pip-Boy. If your character has discovered the Ranch already, they'll mention it by name instead.
* Like Veronica is a walking workbench, Ulysses can help you make Survival equipment and food anywhere in the Mojave.
* Ulysses' special companion perk is called Shadow of the Bull, and makes your sneak attack criticals 20% stronger.
* Certain dialogue topics can only be accessed if Ulysses isn't hired and he's in the Divide. For instance, it wouldn't make sense for you to be able to ask him "The Divide is irradiated, why are you camping here?" while you're relaxing in the Tops.

You can recruit him by finding his final message in the lockbox outside the Divide entrance, and then discussing the topic "I found your final message." If your character has already done this, a script will detect this and automatically add the hiring topic for you.

Right now he follows vanilla companion rules - magical infinite ammo gun, can't be used with other humanoid followers. Expect a compatibility patch for CCO's Follower Tweaks very soon.

And it is still a beta, so there's still some more stuff I want to add to it later. Such as:
* The ability for Ulysses to use a Stealth Boy if he gets critically injured in combat. This behavior can be toggled on and off.
* If Ulysses is with you at Hoover Dam and you're siding against the Legion, Ulysses will have some scathing words for Lanius.
* Other interjections for various quests/locations.

Try it out and get back to me. Cheers.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

This is very cool, Cirosan.

Next stop: No-Bark Noonan.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I still haven't even finished the game or done any DLC beyond Dead Money (which annoyed me so badly I still have no desire to do the others) but Ulysses as a companion seems like one of those mods that if done well enough is practically a required mod even on a vanilla playthrough.

Naky fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 13, 2012

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Naky posted:

I still haven't even finished the game or done any DLC beyond Dead Money (which annoyed me so badly I still have no desire to do the others) but Ulysses as a companion seems like one of those mods that if don't well enough is practically a required mod even on a vanilla playthrough.

He was originally going to be a companion for the game in development.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SeanBeansShako posted:

He was originally going to be a companion for the game in development.

Yeah, I know. Was just saying that even as a mod, it feels like it should be required for a vanilla playthrough.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Was there a bunch of dialog lying around for Uylsses specifically for campaign purposes? Because I know he was intended to be one, and ended up being cut due to time. Apparently there's a pile of dialog for Yes Man as well.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

Was there a bunch of dialog lying around for Uylsses specifically for campaign purposes? Because I know he was intended to be one, and ended up being cut due to time. Apparently there's a pile of dialog for Yes Man as well.
If there is and you can find it, let me know. Even if there is, however, I doubt the original Ulysses used the same voice actor Lonesome Road Ulysses uses (Roger Cross).

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
If it's possible, see if you can get Ulysses to change his Duster to whatever side you are going for by making him wear the one he gives to you. If I remember right that was going to be his special Companion Side Quest, he goes on a vision quest and agrees to fight for whatever side you choose and wears the duster to match it.

Anyways this is an awesome idea for a mod and I'm surprised no one's done this yet honestly.

edit: will he be able to follow you around the Divide? No other companion can except for Divide Ed-E and you lose him no matter what.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 13, 2012

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

If it's possible, see if you can get Ulysses to change his Duster to whatever side you are going for by making him wear the one he gives to you. If I remember right that was going to be his special Companion Side Quest, he goes on a vision quest and agrees to fight for whatever side you choose and wears the duster to match it.

Anyways this is an awesome idea for a mod and I'm surprised no one's done this yet honestly.

edit: will he be able to follow you around the Divide? No other companion can except for Divide Ed-E and you lose him no matter what.
Making him switch Dusters would be the simplest thing in the world. The kick is making an actual quest to go along with it - how would this vision quest be structured? Would it be possible to even make one by just splicing together dialogue? If he agrees to fight for whatever side you choose, what kind of lines could I splice together to make dialogue for such a resolute change of character?

Yes, Ulysses can follow you around the Divide, if you decide to go back and explore.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I dunno about Ulysses, but my friend sent me this a few weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k9OYIfG8C4

Youtubing for Ulysses dialog is almost entirely stuff about Lonesome Road. It's entirely possible Obsidian didn't include the stuff in any of the shipped versions depending on when it was cutscene

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009

Cirosan posted:

Making him switch Dusters would be the simplest thing in the world. The kick is making an actual quest to go along with it - how would this vision quest be structured? Would it be possible to even make one by just splicing together dialogue? If he agrees to fight for whatever side you choose, what kind of lines could I splice together to make dialogue for such a resolute change of character?

Yes, Ulysses can follow you around the Divide, if you decide to go back and explore.

It would almost seem weird to give Ulysses a "vision quest" as it were because Lonesome Road is pretty much that.

Great work on the mod, will probably try that out on my next playthrough!

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

I'm no texture artist, but using Ddo sure makes things easy enough! Now to figure out what sort of stuff will go inside that open bit there!

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 13, 2012

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh you so modest (looks brilliant!)

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Colon Semicolon posted:

I'm no texture artist, but using Ddo sure makes things easy enough! Now to figure out what sort of stuff will go inside that open bit there!

I really like the little piece of paneling on the side that's half fallen off. It's a nice touch.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

That's a loving bad rear end pistol bro .

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to try my hand at modding Yes Man back in as a companion, (and his companion quest of making the Lucky 38 powered again with the nuclear reactor in the basement, and all of his barks.) I know all the audio stuff is there, but I've never done a mod before and I want to know where to start? Like to learn.

Later, I'll make him a romance option if you find Fisto, you can give him the "Fisto Robotto" upgrade. Which gives you a companion perk of extra unarmed damage. This is purely because I know the Nexus won't be happy until I do it. /joke

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Colon Semicolon posted:

That's really cool. Mind if I take a stab at the texture when you release it, or before that? It's pretty good, but I want to make it look like it's been in a tumble dryer with a bunch of cobblestones for a few hours and then passed through the digestive system of a large mammal.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
sounds fine by me! It's looking a little plain as is. I can send it your way once I get a few small parts taken care of

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

So I recently reinstalled New Vegas and am looking into some decent mods, all of which seem to work so far thank christ. However I'm fed up with the default UI. I see that Darnified UI is still in the OP but that linked thread has been closed for around 2 years now. Is it still ok to install this or are there better alternatives?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Lugaloco posted:

So I recently reinstalled New Vegas and am looking into some decent mods, all of which seem to work so far thank christ. However I'm fed up with the default UI. I see that Darnified UI is still in the OP but that linked thread has been closed for around 2 years now. Is it still ok to install this or are there better alternatives?

It still works.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to download a copy of DarnUI and store it off-site so that if the thread ever disappears or the link goes bad, people can still access it.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Done and done. Consider the Ulysses Companion mod officially released.

Here's a glimpse of what you'll be getting into.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

Later, I'll make him a romance option if you find Fisto, you can give him the "Fisto Robotto" upgrade. Which gives you a companion perk of extra unarmed damage. This is purely because I know the Nexus won't be happy until I do it. /joke

Bonus points if you can somehow code a Mysterious Stranger-eskqe system where James Garret dressed in Male Hooker gear from Gmorrah appears and hugs something to a Bloody Mess style death.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Cirosan posted:

You probably wouldn't need to give him any more quests, Lonesome Road can be seen as one giant side quest already that's more or less dedicated to Ulysses.

Maybe you could make him change his duster only if *Lonesome Road spoilers* you get him to stand down using the [Faction]Speech Options at the Temple, then splice some dialogue about how "what you said at the Temple, it made me think about what side to fight for" or whatever. Although I think you can only use the [Faction] Check for Legion or NCR, so getting to change into the Wild Card Duster wouldn't work for that way I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Any idea why chins clip through beards? Every character with facial hair has their chin clipping through it. I haven't installed anything new in a while, in fact I've just had this issue for a long time but it seems only recently it's gotten to be as bad as it is. I don't have any sort of new facial hair mod or head mesh installed, I'm completely vanilla in that regard. Is there anything out there that fixes this?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm blind. I did indeed have a head mesh replacer installed, Better Male Face. Don't use it because it breaks beards.

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 14, 2012