Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

geera posted:

Happy Holidays from the Sterns!

The true purpose of :catstare: revealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geera
May 20, 2003

haljordan posted:

Also, is that something they're sending out to everyone? Howard isn't even in the goddamn picture!
It's the picture they're sending out in their private Christmas cards this year. He asked Robin if she got hers and then told Jason it was OK to put the picture up because he took it and was proud of it. :catstare:

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I just noticed the huge picture of a cat on the wall. Their Christmas card theme this year is "Hoarders".

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

geera posted:

Why does she always make that terrifying face?
She's an attractive lady, and when she makes that face she turns into the loving joker.
Also ha ha that cat is loving huge. I love giant cats.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

As a graphic designer, and cat owner, I think some of those cats are photoshopped in...unless you can somehow manage to get all your cats to cooperate at once.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
That picture hurts my eyes. Something about the red and green patches with white spots all over them. It's too loving bright.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I don't understand how an OCD neurotic guy like Howard can tolerate one cat let alone half a dozen.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

prefect posted:

That picture hurts my eyes. Something about the red and green patches with white spots all over them. It's too loving bright.

And Beth's dress matches the wall decorations.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
I was on the fence about renewing my Sirius Canada sub with the massive price hikes and removal of free streaming access coming in February, but these past couple of weeks with some of the lamest, shittiest, unfunny Jay Leno-quality monologue jokes made the decision real easy for me.

Did that writer save Beth from a fire or something? That's the only reason I can imagine something so forced and out of place with the feel of the show would be allowed on the air.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TealShark posted:

I was on the fence about renewing my Sirius Canada sub with the massive price hikes and removal of free streaming access coming in February, but these past couple of weeks with some of the lamest, shittiest, unfunny Jay Leno-quality monologue jokes made the decision real easy for me.

Did that writer save Beth from a fire or something? That's the only reason I can imagine something so forced and out of place with the feel of the show would be allowed on the air.

They had free streaming? I thought Internet access was five bucks a month (or something like that).

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

geera posted:

Howard is trolling us, he has to be. There is no way this happened. This can't be. Howard used to ROAST people about doing dumb poo poo like this, even in a "wink, wink" manner. Didn't he? I'm sure he's attacked people for caring about pets, maybe even some of the staff for doing dumb christmas cards.

And here we are. This has to be a joke. The hair, the smile, the pile of cats. This is more redneck than anything Richard Christie could pull off.

Also catching up on George Takai, holy poo poo, just before the beautiful penis contest his rambling about young boy balls smelling like peaches and how black crotches smell musky and nordic ones don't. I was howling with laughter. The stuff this guy says.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I love how there's easily 500 clips on YouTube labeled as "Goofing on Jackie" or "Making fun of Jackie" or something similar and they're all different bits. Great way to kill a slow workday.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 12, 2012

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
One of the best is the first appearance of the Jackie Puppet. Once Billy gets a hold of it, pure comedy gold occurs.

Wuh wuh wuh weeeeeeeeeeddd

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
That picture is the result of Beth never hearing the word "No" for her entire life.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

prefect posted:

They had free streaming? I thought Internet access was five bucks a month (or something like that).

Sirius Canada has offered it for free as part of your subscription for as long as I can remember. Starting February 1st, everyone has to be pay an additional $4/month for it.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

haljordan posted:

Also, is that something they're sending out to everyone? Howard isn't even in the goddamn picture!

Howard hasn't finished the "manual delay" section of his online tutorials

Former Human posted:

And Beth's dress matches the wall decorations.

Her dress literally is the decorations. Good lord.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

TealShark posted:

Sirius Canada has offered it for free as part of your subscription for as long as I can remember. Starting February 1st, everyone has to be pay an additional $4/month for it.

They are just like the US when it comes to keeping customers. Tell them you want to cancel and they will cut you a deal on service.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Yeah I'm sure Beth wants kids, but won't pressure Howard for it, so these pets are compensating for that.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

an adult beverage posted:

Yeah I'm sure Beth wants kids, but won't pressure Howard for it, so these pets are compensating for that.

This is entirely what it is about, hence the number only continuing to grow as she tries to fill a void that seems to be expanding.

I mean, the girl grew up rich and spoiled but doesn't seem like an arrogant bitch or anything. She seems genuinely nice and would probably be a great, attentive mom. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the near future with her clock ticking down and the show coming to a close. Will she accept a childless life? Will Howard finally yield and give her the kid she so clearly wants? Will they end the marriage over it?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

She'll have plenty of time to write a parenting book because Howard can afford the best nanny money can buy.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

TealShark posted:

Is this published anywhere? I have a lifetime subscription and will be very disappointed if they try and take away my streaming.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Crotch Bat posted:

I mean, the girl grew up rich and spoiled but doesn't seem like an arrogant bitch or anything. She seems genuinely nice and would probably be a great, attentive mom.

She really does seem like a pretty nice lady. Which makes her still being with Howard something of a mystery. (Unless she is a gold-digger, but even then there have to be better dudes to hitch your wagon to.)

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
The Leno style monologue is horribly forced and unfunny, if Benjy is writing that he should be fired. Howard seems to have taken over news and came up with lovely jokes to accompany every drat news story.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Someone post that picture of Howard and Beth where he photoshopped his entire neck and it looked hilariously bad. For some reason I just thought of it while watching a video and I couldn't stop laughing.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Pleasant.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Manifest posted:

She really does seem like a pretty nice lady. Which makes her still being with Howard something of a mystery. (Unless she is a gold-digger, but even then there have to be better dudes to hitch your wagon to.)

I don't see how it could be ruled out at all. What's the worst of it? You have to listen to the neurotic and rage filled ramblings of a delusional manchild here and there and then have boring missionary sex with a giant lizard for two seconds. In return you get a multi-million dollar lifestyle that you would never have achieved on your own.

"Beth calls all the shots in the bedroom"

loving pathetic.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

musclecoder posted:

The show has hit a new low by having on Tanning Mom as a guest. Jesus loving christ. I can't wait for Gary to defend this on the Wrap Up Show:

"Well, tomorrow we'll get 50% of the emails saying they loved her and 50% saying they hated her, so you never know."

This is painful.

You're so wrong. Tan Mom was the best guest of the year. I was dying nonstop, especially when "Ray Liotta" called in.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

geera posted:

I actually think this is pretty great. Aside from the harrrible, Target-inspired design scheme and amateurish Photoshopping, the idea of mocking their own status as wealthy, crazy cat people is fairly amusing and shows some self-awareness.

On the other hand, it could also be seen as a desperate cry for help, thinly disguised as self-deprecating humor.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
It's cute and kitschy and probably stands out from other boring/douchey family Christmas cards, but the subtext makes it hilarious. Everyone who gets this card, regardless of how familiar they are with Howard or Beth, will immediately think "Poor girl really wants kids."

Plus there's no way Howard composed that shot.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chiz posted:

You have to listen to the neurotic and rage filled ramblings of a delusional manchild here and there and then have boring missionary sex with a giant lizard for two seconds.

lmao

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

You know, for someone who is so obsessed with sex, you'd think that maybe Howard might have gotten good at it in his 59 years.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Crotch Bat posted:

I mean, the girl grew up rich and spoiled but doesn't seem like an arrogant bitch or anything.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

TealShark posted:

Thanks for posting this! My sub runs out on December 20th and I was on the fence about renewing. Just fought through a 15 minute call to end it. Best offer I got was 6 months for $30 if anyone is interested.

But as someone on the last couple pages said, this is where I get off.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I am alone in thinking that she's acting like the dog is an actual child?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

I am alone in thinking that she's acting like the dog is an actual child?

I do this with my dog all of the time. No reason to over-analyze.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Moniker posted:

I do this with my dog all of the time. No reason to over-analyze.

That's what I thought....but it is Beth after all.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Is she saying "Don't touch the dog" or something?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The look on that poor girl's face. She just wanted to pet a dog and Beth shot her down and she instantly fell into some subjugated peasant woman who looks ashamed and afraid for her life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
"There sure were a lot of posts, I hope ETM didn't pass away or something"

Nope, Beth Stern did a thing.