Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

Rabidredneck posted:

Gearbox released patch notes for a new patch tomorrow, Adjustments to the bee are in: http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22147216-xbox-360-update-information

I see no mention of fixing split screen framerate issues. They had improved it in patch 1 then made it worse in patch 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

So the patch is out. Got scared for a second when it started me off as a level 1 Axton, but my saves are still there. Interestingly the collector's edition skins and creature slaughterdome are now purchasable.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hooray, patch day! Still about 2000 ranks short and if I switch any of my characters away from the Halloween skin I'll lose it forever, but other than that gently caress yeah I can play BL again!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
It would be a current gen patch without leaked details for upcoming DLC! Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt is confirmed by Gearbox as the next pack.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/13/next-borderlands-2-dlc-is-sir-hammerlocks-big-game-hunt/

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?s=c125c54d8f34e319b62145d2c58f889f&p=3351672

I like Hammerlock a lot, so a DLC focused on him sounds pretty cool :allears:

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
I'm running out of inventory space for my main character. What is the easiest way to create a mule to hold inventory?

Could I start a new character and play until a save point, load up my main character and have the secondary character join via split screen and boost them up to 50 with more inventory space?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Just get the bank upgrades on the mule character so you won't waste your time getting them to 50.

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
You could use the bank glitch, assuming it wasn't fixed in this latest patch.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I guess they're saving this General Knoxx-quality DLC that they were talking about before the game released for last, or post-season-pass continued moneygrabbing.

The first two DLC packs have advanced neither the story nor my gear and this one sounds poised to do the same.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
All I know is that we'd better go and blow up that goddamn moon base at some point. Were they planning on releasing more than four pieces of DLC?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Been playing a bit with post patch bee and it's still plenty powerful but not as game breaking as before. Biggest change is that it no longer recharges to full in one second.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 14, 2012

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Kifisonfire posted:

So the patch is out. Got scared for a second when it started me off as a level 1 Axton, but my saves are still there. Interestingly the collector's edition skins and creature slaughterdome are now purchasable.

Yeah, Major Nelson made a post the other day about how those were available for $5 each now.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I bought a season pass for this game, the first time I have ever done that, and I guess I'm still not totally clear on how it works. Isn't it supposed to make add-on content in the PS store free? Why isn't the creature slaughter dome free?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

I bought a season pass for this game, the first time I have ever done that, and I guess I'm still not totally clear on how it works. Isn't it supposed to make add-on content in the PS store free? Why isn't the creature slaughter dome free?

The only thing the season pass covers is the DLC main game expansions- you're on your own for the other stuff. Creature Slaughter Dome isn't really worth it, anyway. New actual DLC soon, though!

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
I'm just going to come out and say it.

I want more zombies!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Monkey Fracas posted:

The only thing the season pass covers is the DLC main game expansions- you're on your own for the other stuff. Creature Slaughter Dome isn't really worth it, anyway. New actual DLC soon, though!
Oh, so season pass doesn't inherently mean all DLC is free? Bleh. $30 is a hell of an investment on top of a $60 game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, so season pass doesn't inherently mean all DLC is free? Bleh. $30 is a hell of an investment on top of a $60 game.

Then boy will you be upset when you find out that the season pass is going on sale in a couple of weeks!

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
To answer my own question, yes you can store items in a split screen character. Now it's just a matter of getting through the game

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

raditts posted:

Then boy will you be upset when you find out that the season pass is going on sale in a couple of weeks!
drat it. Okay, back to my old policy of DLC only every once in a while, purely on a case by case basis.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

drat it. Okay, back to my old policy of DLC only every once in a while, purely on a case by case basis.

I've been a little disappointed in the DLC thus far as well. They're well written and amusing, sure, but they barely added anything in terms of new weapons, new enemies, or new experiences in general. Like, they're not terrible or anything, but I wish they wouldn't have cranked the drat things out so fast and maybe spent a bit more time on each one, ya know?

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wait, you're playing it on the PS3 right? It's only going to be on sale for the 360, and only on the 27th.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Are they saving the Moon for Borderlands 3?

I also want more Tiny Tina!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Killed Master Gee and it didn't freeze :woop:. Took forever and a day though.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
If anyone can help out a lvl 50 with terrible guns, my PSN is A_GUN_SHOTTER.

Or just anyone else who wants to play shoot em ups.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Solaris Knight posted:

It would be a current gen patch without leaked details for upcoming DLC! Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt is confirmed by Gearbox as the next pack.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/13/next-borderlands-2-dlc-is-sir-hammerlocks-big-game-hunt/

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?s=c125c54d8f34e319b62145d2c58f889f&p=3351672

I like Hammerlock a lot, so a DLC focused on him sounds pretty cool :allears:

Awesome. Hammerlock is one of my favorite characters. This should be fun.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I somehow managed to get the Deadly Bloom shield from the treasure room even though it's a quest exclusive item :wtc:. This is going to give me false hope for a Cobra in there.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
AWW gently caress, they fixed the fleshstick bug? I knew I should have leveled my characters when I had the chance :(

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Slayer1597 posted:

AWW gently caress, they fixed the fleshstick bug? I knew I should have leveled my characters when I had the chance :(

It's not like it's that hard to level up. poo poo, the two DLC packs are worth 5 or 6 levels each. Besides, one can only listen to 'There he is. Flesh-stick.' so many times before your ears want to claw their way out of your head.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Dr.Smasher posted:

It's not like it's that hard to level up. poo poo, the two DLC packs are worth 5 or 6 levels each. Besides, one can only listen to 'There he is. Flesh-stick.' so many times before your ears want to claw their way out of your head.

That or "Do me a flava"

That being said, drat the Tina haters.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

strangemusic posted:

That or "Do me a flava"

That being said, drat the Tina haters.

This is all true (Tina Love! She Gangsta!) I did hate that dialogue, but it was so efficient.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
What's the fastest route to 50 now? I'd been farming Warrior and Terra which was good for a level each kill up to a point, but I'm guessing they don't go down in 30 seconds with the current Bee.

I'm more than happy to dupe for anyone that's interested in power leveling me for a while. Or even if not. hahaha. I'm still looking for a Siren/Gunzerker legendary mod.

Are there legendary versions of the items from the DLC? I got through both without getting a single orange and a couple of the items seemed decent enough with some higher stats. And speaking of DLC, is it just me or in Torgue does it seem like the Torgue machines frequently have Flakkers as the item of the day? I keep checking to see if there's anything interesting, but it's always the Flakker.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

What is the amp damage range of the post-nerf Bee?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Dr.Smasher posted:

...Besides, one can only listen to 'There he is. Flesh-stick.' so many times before your ears want to claw their way out of your head.

Which is why I turned down the game volume and listened just to chat. It was a life-saver when I ran a couple of people from 1 to 50 in one sitting (hour and ten minutes straight).

To the goon looking for the Legendary Siren mod (delpheye), I have one on the 360. Easiest powerleveling spot might be Terra (plus the Eridium helps if you need to finish up any Black Market shopping), and the items aren't bad if you need them. Plus the last time someone was farming Terra for my Mechro, we ran across a Night Pitchfork, a Hide of Terra, and the Blood of Terra relic in the span of ten minutes. I intend on being on tonight; if you're interested send me a message and we'll see how well it works.

Willing to hear other ideas for leveling places for a Siren to power-level folks (which makes Warrior/infinite Rakks difficult).

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ShadowedFlames posted:

Which is why I turned down the game volume and listened just to chat. It was a life-saver when I ran a couple of people from 1 to 50 in one sitting (hour and ten minutes straight).

To the goon looking for the Legendary Siren mod (delpheye), I have one on the 360. Easiest powerleveling spot might be Terra (plus the Eridium helps if you need to finish up any Black Market shopping), and the items aren't bad if you need them. Plus the last time someone was farming Terra for my Mechro, we ran across a Night Pitchfork, a Hide of Terra, and the Blood of Terra relic in the span of ten minutes. I intend on being on tonight; if you're interested send me a message and we'll see how well it works.

Willing to hear other ideas for leveling places for a Siren to power-level folks (which makes Warrior/infinite Rakks difficult).

I heard that the tier 3 Bar Fights in Torgue's DLC was a decent leveling place.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Slayer1597 posted:

Delete the patch and level up offline. I'm not downloading the patch until I get all my characters to level 50, or at the very least a level 50 siren. I made a gunzerker last night to mule some items and then farmed some eridium.

Did the patch fix the leveling exploit with the warrior as well?

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

abaddonis posted:

Delete the patch and level up offline. I'm not downloading the patch until I get all my characters to level 50, or at the very least a level 50 siren. I made a gunzerker last night to mule some items and then farmed some eridium.

Did the patch fix the leveling exploit with the warrior as well?

wait how do you do this solo?, I thought you couldnt load your characters up on shared screen dudes?

kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

Marogareh posted:

Killed Master Gee and it didn't freeze :woop:. Took forever and a day though.

Sweet, that's my last achievement. I had killed him before and it froze so I put it away waiting for this patch. Killed 1 worm and hid behind a rock before going to work, yay for laziness!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Slayer1597 posted:

wait how do you do this solo?, I thought you couldnt load your characters up on shared screen dudes?

You can only do this on PS3. :smug:

kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

Slayer1597 posted:

Level a 2nd account to 50 then use that account to level your main guys, would be my guess.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

kalamaf posted:

Level a 2nd account to 50 then use that account to level your main guys, would be my guess.

or, I could slam my balls in a cold toilet seat.

gently caress that, I am just going to grind that poo poo out. I guess that will give me more replayability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Dross posted:

What is the amp damage range of the post-nerf Bee?

It's not that bad, really. I downloaded the patch today and there doesn't seem to be an amplify shield deficit, so you can still blast away with the amp bonus. It does spread the amp damage across multiple pellets, so the conference call/maggie/etc all take a hit. It also takes away the amp bonus for Tediore reloads, the bullets in the magazine remaining don't have the amp bonus like they used to, so now Hyperius will be a complete pain in the rear end unless you bust out the Evil Smasher glitch (which I have yet to successfully pull off, I suck at it apparently).

• Locked thread