Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah i think you're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Yodzilla posted:

i'm pretty sure mr t ate my balls first

this

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
though i tend to agree on the primacy of mr t, according to that page it seems that both chewbacca and ronald reagan ate my balls at a close second

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

it's exactly as I remembered it

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
Hm! Not bad!

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick_Up_Artist

Wikipedia posted:

The term pickup artist is also associated with the seduction community, a heterosexual male subculture which strives to improve sexual and romantic abilities with women.[citation needed] Pickup artists develop pickup lines similar to, yet more complex than the stereotypical pick-up line.[citation needed] Routines and gambits are developed to stimulate attraction switches often combined with techniques derived from neuro-linguistic programming.[5] Spontaneous PUAs or Spontaneous Gamers use both self-help and an understanding of social psychology to achieve this.[citation needed] They aim to improve their seductive capabilities through the development of different lifestyles. The culture surrounding pickup has spawned an entire industry servicing those who want to improve their social and seduction skills with consultations and in-field training.[citation needed] What makes this industry different is that people learn skill sets to meet the women they want, instead of being set up by matchmakers.[citation needed]

New books are being made every year because "game" keeps evolving.[citation obviously unneeded]

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011
pick up autist

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011

mods, needful, etc

Trainbearer
Nov 5, 2005

funy ocmptuer

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011

Trainbearer posted:

funy ocmptuer

4th time's the charm.
i hope,

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
wikipedia should allow [q.e.d.] as a valid citation.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
via JumpinJackFlash in the linus hates old computers thread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Mars

quote:

The flag of Mars is a tricolour used by the Mars Society and The Planetary Society to represent the planet Mars. It is not official in any legal sense, as the Outer Space Treaty forbids the appropriation of celestial bodies by any means.

Fermat
Feb 10, 2005

What are the options?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americentrism

my 2005 avatar is embarrassing

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

spent 20 minutes arguing with this corrupt piece of poo poo today: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_McCotter

idk if the wikipaedia is worthless but the man himself sure is

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

FEMA summer camp posted:

spent 20 minutes arguing with this corrupt piece of poo poo today: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_McCotter

idk if the wikipaedia is worthless but the man himself sure is

its your posts that are worthless

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011

FEMA summer camp posted:

its your posts that are worthless

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
did you call him "lane mccunter" or perhaps just "lance"

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Farewell_to_Dragons

quote:

. The game is an adaptation of a Russian language fantasy novel by Sergey Lukyanenko and Nick Perumov titled "Не время для драконов" (translated as "Not the Time for Dragons").[1]

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_connector#8P8C

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

One approach to cybering is a simulation of "real" sex, when participants try to make the experience as close to real life as possible, with participants taking turns writing descriptive, sexually explicit passages. Alternatively, it can be considered a form of sexual roleplay that allows the participants to experience unusual sexual sensations and carry out sexual experiments they cannot try in reality. Amongst "serious" roleplayers, cybering may occur as part of a larger plot–the characters involved may be lovers or spouses. In situations like this, the people typing often consider themselves separate entities from the "people" engaging in the sexual acts, much as the author of a novel often does not completely identify with his or her characters. Due to this difference, such roleplayers typically prefer the term "erotic roleplay" rather than cybersex to describe it. In "real cybering" personas often remain in character throughout the entire life of the contact, to include evolving into phone sex, and meatspace encounters while in character, as a form of improvisation, or, nearly, a performance art. Often these personas develop complex past histories for their characters to make the fantasy/roleplay even more life like, thus the evolution of the term "real cybering".

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

One approach to cybering is a simulation of "real" sex, when participants try to make the experience as close to real life as possible, with participants taking turns writing descriptive, sexually explicit passages. Alternatively, it can be considered a form of sexual roleplay that allows the participants to experience unusual sexual sensations and carry out sexual experiments they cannot try in reality. Amongst "serious" roleplayers, cybering may occur as part of a larger plot–the characters involved may be lovers or spouses. In situations like this, the people typing often consider themselves separate entities from the "people" engaging in the sexual acts, much as the author of a novel often does not completely identify with his or her characters. Due to this difference, such roleplayers typically prefer the term "erotic roleplay" rather than cybersex to describe it. In "real cybering" personas often remain in character throughout the entire life of the contact, to include evolving into phone sex, and meatspace encounters while in character, as a form of improvisation, or, nearly, a performance art. Often these personas develop complex past histories for their characters to make the fantasy/roleplay even more life like, thus the evolution of the term "real cybering".

same

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The free online encyclopedia that anyone can edit posted:

With millions of views on multiple videos, and a very high LIKE percentage, the company has received global recognition on Youtube, namely for their anime and video game adaptations to a live-action format.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:All_articles_with_a_promotional_tone

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Continuum was an AIDS denialism magazine published in London. The magazine ceased publication after all of its editors died of AIDS.[3][1][4]

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Suspicious Dish posted:

YOSPOS was an AIDS denialism forum published in funny computer. The forum ceased publication after all of its posters died of AIDS.[3][1][4]

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
[2][1][9] :iamafag:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Suspicious Dish posted:

Continuum was an AIDS denialism magazine published in London. The magazine ceased publication after all of its editors died of AIDS.[3][1][4]

harsh realm

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

mods namechange posted:

[2][1][9] :iamafag:

aw nuts yeah i shoulda did that

see this is why i'm middlin' tier at best

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
all you extremely silly people and your modifications are overkill i just post awful crap i find on wikipedia

it's less effort

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Suspicious Dish posted:

all you extremely silly people and your modifications are overkill i just post awful crap i find on wikipedia

it's less effort

i'm even lazier so i just change other people's posts for a larf

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
A kick chart is a form or graph used by a pregnant woman in the later stages to record the activity of her fetus. If too few kicks are felt within a specified time (usually 12 hours) this could indicate a problem. Once routine, use of these charts has declined, since women often forgot to complete them and fetal movement patterns are very varied, leading to unnecessary concern.

A more recent trend has been to use a pregnancy bracelet; a wearable form of kick counter.
Foetal Kick Counters

A recent idea in the United Kingdom has been the replacement of the kick chart with jewelry based counters.

A frequent question posed by midwives is how "many times has the baby kicked in the last twelve hours ?", in the UK this is regarded as best indication of the health of the baby from the second trimester and the unborn foetus should kick ten times in any twelve hour period.

The bracelets available work on similar principles, the baby kicks, the mother moves a marker. The idea being that this is more practical than using a pen and paper.

The two most widely advertised bracelets are currently undergoing the patent application process.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

baby kick iphone app hd with twitter integration update your facebook wall with the latest updates in baby kicking

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

i tried to recommend that article for deletion but holy poo poo they expect me to read like 40 pages of bureaucracy to do that

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Ugh, "very varied"

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Suspicious Dish posted:

it did not continuum

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_Ogg_formats_in_HTML5

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
whenever i read ogg i think augh then i think of charlie brown

there's a funny joke there somewhere maybe but gently caress if i can figure it out right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

state.ogg frontpage podcast