Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Is that doom any better than the original toy biz or the first hasbro ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Bushifox posted:

Yeah, I just have a hard time paying 60 bucks for a 6 inch figure...It pained me to pay 20 for a MOTUC figure.

Yeah, but this 6" figure is way loving better than any MOTUC figure in terms of sculpt and weight. Articulation is kinda limited, but gently caress he looks awesome as all hell and his huge tail makes him way bigger than any MOTUC figure. While he lacks in height, he more than makes up for it in bulk. No wonder why the military can't scratch him!

Speaking about that... I thought it would be AWESOME to have an accessory kit that has tanks, MASER cannons, jets and an atomic blast for Godzilla (I feel a little gypped that I didn't get the first edition w/ atomic fire.) Turns out they actually DID make this set! Awesome!

...It also turns out that it was a limited Japanese only web exclusive and is about $200 on ebay. gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

So which Deadpool do you end up with I wonder?

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I ordered it and am figuring the gray one because I want the red one. Didn't someone say the red one hasn't come out yet?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bushifox posted:

Is that doom any better than the original toy biz or the first hasbro ones?

The mold is exactly the same as the Hasbro one but with an infinitely better paintjob, including metallic armor, darker shade on his robe, brown wash on the leather, and a painted scarred face.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Djarum posted:

Long shot here but would anyone have a set of Despero BAF legs sitting around?

I know I've got one, I wanna say left. I'll check when I get home.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Most likely the grey one. The red one is the running change and none of the running changes have shown up yet.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Sanschel posted:

I know I've got one, I wanna say left. I'll check when I get home.

Awesome if you do that is the harder of the two to find in my searching as the right leg came with Wonder Woman and is pretty common.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Djarum posted:

Awesome if you do that is the harder of the two to find in my searching as the right leg came with Wonder Woman and is pretty common.

I can't seem to find it, I might have sold it I guess. Either way, I guess it would've been the right one since I did get the WW & variant but only one Ares. Sorry :(

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Djarum posted:

I've actually got an unopened wonder woman and ares sitting around...Looking at the prices, I'm thinking of scalping them on ebay though so I don't know if I want to part out the legs.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Bushifox posted:

I've actually got an unopened wonder woman and ares sitting around...Looking at the prices, I'm thinking of scalping them on ebay though so I don't know if I want to part out the legs.

I am just needing them for a custom so it is not a major need atm. It can sit on the WIP bench for awhile longer until I get them. I got another one I am hoping to finally get done here soonish. Thankfully most of the parts I am needing for that I already have or are dirt cheap to get.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Bushifox posted:

I don't know if I want to part out the legs.

Pervert.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The legs are insanely jealous.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

"Ring Ring". Pot, kettle is calling on line one!

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Djarum posted:

I am just needing them for a custom so it is not a major need atm. It can sit on the WIP bench for awhile longer until I get them. I got another one I am hoping to finally get done here soonish. Thankfully most of the parts I am needing for that I already have or are dirt cheap to get.

I know the boots are different, but if I remember right, the Bane BAF uses the same leg sculpt if that would help at all.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

I know the boots are different, but if I remember right, the Bane BAF uses the same leg sculpt if that would help at all.

I did not know that. I am actually using it on a custom Bane so that is good to know.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Bushifox posted:

"Ring Ring". Pot, kettle is calling on line one!

I don't know how many times I told you, I have data and messaging. You could have just texted me.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Here are some unpainted test shots of NECA's "Aliens" Colonial Marines figures:

Hudson

Hicks

I can't wait to see the new Warrior Alien.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I really, really hope that Hicks' likeness is better than the Kyle Reese figure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
"Hudson, sir. He's Hicks."

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
As the holidays draw near, I've begun putting together a pretty simple GI Joe Christmas display. I got a few snow-themed Joes from eBay, but didn't remember that 30-year old plastic would yellow over time. What are your best solutions for whitening?

Edit: I'm aware of the magic eraser, which is fine for a one-time use, but those things are essentially sanding the toy.

Red fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 12, 2012

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Here are some painted pics:

Hicks:

And the brand new Warrior Alien with 30 points of articulation!

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

The alien looks cool as poo poo, but did they always have those weird handle bars on their forearms?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

The alien looks cool as poo poo, but did they always have those weird handle bars on their forearms?

They did in 'Aliens'.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

They did in 'Aliens'.
Technically, they did in 'Aliens' sometimes. Some of them did and some of them didn't (generally the "hero suits" ones, the ones that were jumping around or getting shot at, didn't).

That's the main reason why the Revoltech 'Aliens' Warrior comes with 2 sets of forearms, so you can display it either way and still have it be "screen accurate". I like it with the arm-blades, personally.

And yeah, the new NECA Alien looks fantastic. I have their older one and love it, but this looks like a huge improvement.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

anyone interested in my sideshow rock n roll? I haven't even taken it out of the polybag it came in, just not interested in the figure. I'd trade him for a sideshow crimson guard, or something in that vein.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
We're getting NECA marines, AND they have leg articulation? Which orphanage did I fund in a past life?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Someone buy my ML Sentinels!
Every so often I get upset that I wiped out my Marvel/DC collection, then I see the MRSP on new figures and get over it.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Snacksmaniac posted:

Every so often I get upset that I wiped out my Marvel/DC collection, then I see the MRSP on new figures and get over it.

The BAF or the MU one? If it is the MU one in the SDCC colors at a fair price I'll buy it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I just have BAF ones :(

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Snacksmaniac posted:

I just have BAF ones :(

Bah. Out of my price range.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Snacksmaniac posted:

How much are you looking to get for them?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Djarum posted:

The BAF or the MU one? If it is the MU one in the SDCC colors at a fair price I'll buy it.

Idk if you have a TJ Maxx nearby, but mine yesterday had 3-4 MU Sentinels in the comic colors for $30 each.

Also my Hot Toys Avenger's Cap shipped so I'll post some photos when he arrives next week!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Jace Madan posted:

Here are some unpainted test shots of NECA's "Aliens" Colonial Marines figures:

Hudson

But can you get him out of that chickenshit outfit?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Ka0 posted:

But can you get him out of that chickenshit outfit?

Sure can, I'm ready, man. Check it out! I am the ultimate bad-rear end! State of the bad-rear end art! You do not want to gently caress with me. Check it out! Hey, man, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate bad-asses will protect you! Check it out. Independently targeting particle-beam phalanx. WHAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase plasma pulse rifles, RPGs. We got sonic, electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, we got sharp sticks...

Hicks likes to keep this handy for close encounters...

And the new Warrior Alien is looking fiiiine...

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hicks' likeness isn't as good as the McFarlane one. He looks... old. Like they were using his likeness from 'Planet Terror' rather than 'Aliens'. Oh well.

The new Alien looks righteous, and Hudson is perfect.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Xenomrph posted:

Hicks' likeness isn't as good as the McFarlane one. He looks... old. Like they were using his likeness from 'Planet Terror' rather than 'Aliens'. Oh well.

The new Alien looks righteous, and Hudson is perfect.

I really want to see Hudson's alternate head where he isn't panicking. I'm hoping for an asskicking "you want some too?!" kind of face.

NECA's Kyle Reese sculpt isn't as abysmal as people are saying (IMO), but I'm ready to admit that they didn't REALLY need to pay for Biehn's likeness if this is the best they can do.

Xeno I'm pretty sure we'll be trading tips on how to execute a proper headswap at some point next year. I'm pretty glad I sprang for the McFarlane Hicks with the helmet, since I have a sneaking suspicion that NECA's not going to include one with both figures.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

After my latest trip to TRU, I found my second favorite Christmas Decoration. I love this time of the year, its the only time I don't get the weird look/judging from cashiers when buying action figures for myself.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

I got these puppies today at a local collectibles convention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wait so Big Red is out? Like, theoretically I should be able to find him at my local TRU?