Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

The Ulysses Companion mod has been updated to version 1.1. Among other bug fixes, it now includes a compatibility patch for CCO's Follower Tweaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cirosan posted:

The Ulysses Companion mod has been updated to version 1.1. Among other bug fixes, it now includes a compatibility patch for CCO's Follower Tweaks.

Very cool. Checking this out now.

ps you should do no bark

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Upmarket Mango posted:

Any idea why chins clip through beards? Every character with facial hair has their chin clipping through it. I haven't installed anything new in a while, in fact I've just had this issue for a long time but it seems only recently it's gotten to be as bad as it is. I don't have any sort of new facial hair mod or head mesh installed, I'm completely vanilla in that regard. Is there anything out there that fixes this?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm blind. I did indeed have a head mesh replacer installed, Better Male Face. Don't use it because it breaks beards.

Is that DarnUI? It's prettier than I remember it being.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Is that DarnUI? It's prettier than I remember it being.

That font is DUI, that window is not however. I would like to know what mod that is.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Isn't that MTUI?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Isn't that MTUI?

It has MTUI in it, but the borders come from this.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

It has MTUI in it, but the borders come from this.

Beaten, but yes, I'm using this mod with MTUI as well.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Making this more toyetic by filling in the large blank spot with a vent, a connector doohicky, and a button with a little light on it. I would just like to say I have no idea what these do.

I can't help but notice that the Ddo previewer is alot prettier than the viewport shader in Max. this looks shoddy by comparison.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Colon Semicolon posted:

I'm no texture artist, but using Ddo sure makes things easy enough! Now to figure out what sort of stuff will go inside that open bit there!

I think the wood bit on the grip could use a bit more love, as they say. Right now it just looks like a recolor of the metal that the rest of the gun is made of and I figure that's not your intent.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Colon Semicolon posted:

I would just like to say I have no idea what these do.

Buttons on laser weapons?

POWEEEERRRR!

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

StandardVC10 posted:

I think the wood bit on the grip could use a bit more love, as they say. Right now it just looks like a recolor of the metal that the rest of the gun is made of and I figure that's not your intent.

again, not much of a texture artist. the presets in Ddo really don't allow for actual wood, and I got no idea how to trick the thing into making wood grain. That's part of why I'm totally okay with anyone touching it up once i get everything settled.

Capn Beeb: I'll be sure to find a way to add that as a label above the button, in that case!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a mod that adds a Power Armor Vendor outside of the Brotherhood of Steel?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Capn Beeb posted:

Buttons on laser weapons?

POWEEEERRRR!

That's not a button, that's a lever. :colbert:

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Colon Semicolon posted:

again, not much of a texture artist. the presets in Ddo really don't allow for actual wood, and I got no idea how to trick the thing into making wood grain. That's part of why I'm totally okay with anyone touching it up once i get everything settled.

Capn Beeb: I'll be sure to find a way to add that as a label above the button, in that case!

Just use the custom detail layers to add a wood grain base from cgtextures.com or whatever.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Was playtesting the Ulysses Companion mod earlier yesterday when I turned around and saw this. Struck me somehow - it's almost art.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've kind of got the mad itch to make a simple mod but I have no goddamned clue how to do it. Basically I want to make a suit like Darren McGavin's from the old Kolchak TV show.

Basically I don't want Benny to be the only man in the Mojave to have a ridiculous suit.

I'm pretty sure it'd just be a matter of retexturing one of the existing outfits, but like I said I have no clue how to do this even after reading through the GECK manual. If anyone can give me some advice I'd love it.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Seersucker suits are cool.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Upmarket Mango posted:

Any idea what would be causing this? It happens when I apply either mod to it. It looks normal otherwise.

This happened after I fired and reloaded the gun.

I had one where the gun basically had 2 cylinders, one in the normal spot, and one further down the barrel. It looked so comical.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

StandardVC10 posted:

That's not a button, that's a lever. :colbert:

A lever is a rich man's button.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
So I installed Darnified UI and whenever I put my cursor over an object it looks like this-

So I'm wondering how I could make it less bad?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

homerlaw posted:

So I installed Darnified UI and whenever I put my cursor over an object it looks like this-

So I'm wondering how I could make it less bad?

Follow directions and fix your [fonts] section like DarnUI asks.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I'm playing through this again and have just updated Nevada Skies to version 7. It seems there's no longer and esp, just an esm, is this correct? And there's no honest hearts plugin either. I'm a little unsure about this because the description on the nexus still talks about making sure to load it after a bunch of mods that come as ESP files, and talks about getting an honest hearts plugin too. And because the thermo-hydrograph is no longer in the mod, I don't know for certain the mod is loaded when I activate the esm.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So I somehow managed to break my menu options once I'm in game. I can get into MCM, but nothing else. I just installed Cinematech, Dynavision, Imaginator, and Director's Chair.

e: uninstalling those doesn't fix it. oh boy.

e2: Okay it's only bugged out on my latest character :(

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 16, 2012

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Arenovalis posted:

Just use the custom detail layers to add a wood grain base from cgtextures.com or whatever.

done

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 16, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Reveilled posted:

I'm playing through this again and have just updated Nevada Skies to version 7. It seems there's no longer and esp, just an esm, is this correct? And there's no honest hearts plugin either. I'm a little unsure about this because the description on the nexus still talks about making sure to load it after a bunch of mods that come as ESP files, and talks about getting an honest hearts plugin too. And because the thermo-hydrograph is no longer in the mod, I don't know for certain the mod is loaded when I activate the esm.

It's not really an "update" so much as a different version. Keep using 0.6.3 and you'll probably be better off. 0.7 seems to represent a split in the focus of the mod, returning to weather and lighting patterns that are similar to the original game.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Is there any way to get Project Reality to skip the Rain cycle but keep the other weather types? I like having dynamic weather cycles (pleasant -> cloudy -> etc.) but I don't like the way the rain effect is implemented in PR, plus it causes a noticeable framerate drop. I know that I can manually choose my climate but that's kind of immersion-killing.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

No idea what to do about this. No matter how I attempt to change this, the gun sits right in the crosshair area. I don't suppose anyone has any idea how to fix this, do they?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Colon Semicolon posted:

No idea what to do about this. No matter how I attempt to change this, the gun sits right in the crosshair area. I don't suppose anyone has any idea how to fix this, do they?
Did you set up iron sights with sightingnodes? If not:

quote:

1. Create a node named ##sightingnode.
2. Parent ##sightingnode to any piece of the weapons' geometry that does not animate. Obsidian weapon modeler Paul Fish recommends the grip/stock.
3. Align ##sightingnode, the rear sight, and the front sight along a line running parallel to the main longitudinal axis of the weapon. N.B.: The game does not use the orientation of the ##sightingnode, so don't try to line up the iron sights by adjusting that.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
it's not ironsights so much as regular firing causes this. no matter what changes I make to the sighting node this happens.

EDIT: Scratch that, I was still using the weapon animation replacer. That caused the firing animation to shove the gun in front of the crosshair when fired.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Dec 17, 2012

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody know what might cause my neatly NifSkope'd armour to do this? It is properly adjusted and re-adjusted, but for some reason it looks like this and a Fiend was running around with my cool leather jacket floating above his head. :psyduck:

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Updated the Ulysses Companion mod to version 1.2, making it compatible with all other DLCs and fixing one or two other bugs. A good deal of new dialogue has been added as well. Probably a good thirty lines or so.

And that about wraps up everything I wanted to accomplish with this mod. :unsmith:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Now do the rest of them! I never got that "reunited and it feels so good" to work very well.

Do Joshua Graham first please

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

Now do the rest of them! I never got that "reunited and it feels so good" to work very well.

Do Joshua Graham first please
:smithicide:

Ulysses was a special case. In all the other DLCs, your companions get their closure and ride off into the sunset (assuming they lived). Ulysses is the only one who doesn't run off on his own journey - he just sits at the vista overlooking the Divide forever. Y'know, despite being hellbent on changing the Mojave for the entirety of the DLC. This coupled with the fact that he was originally supposed to be a companion made him especially appealing to mod back in. The others, not so much. Their stories have been told, their purpose fulfilled.

I will grant you that Joshua Graham is a badass, and I would love to have him tag along myself. But his story is elsewhere.

E: Reflecting on it, actually, I realize that Graham is probably my favorite character in New Vegas. He's an absolutely fascinating character study and an unusually mature examination of religion, on top of being someone heavily involved with NV's lore. It's for that reason that I couldn't just mod him back - I'd have to explain why he abandoned the tribes of Zion (which he wouldn't). And I don't think I could do that kind of development for such a complex character justice with just some spliced-together dialogue.

Cirosan fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 18, 2012

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
having not really found a whole lot of issues myself, I'm uploading a test version of B!G Iron for everyone to toy around with and find bugs and/or criticisms of it's design. (yeah the microfusion cells hover over the table I got too lazy to fix it right now) go hog wild!

http://www.mediafire.com/?kw984d0ze9m894d

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 20, 2012

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cirosan posted:

Ulysses was a special case. In all the other DLCs, your companions get their closure and ride off into the sunset (assuming they lived). Ulysses is the only one who doesn't run off on his own journey - he just sits at the vista overlooking the Divide forever. Y'know, despite being hellbent on changing the Mojave for the entirety of the DLC. This coupled with the fact that he was originally supposed to be a companion made him especially appealing to mod back in. The others, not so much. Their stories have been told, their purpose fulfilled.

I will grant you that Joshua Graham is a badass, and I would love to have him tag along myself. But his story is elsewhere.

E: Reflecting on it, actually, I realize that Graham is probably my favorite character in New Vegas. He's an absolutely fascinating character study and an unusually mature examination of religion, on top of being someone heavily involved with NV's lore. It's for that reason that I couldn't just mod him back - I'd have to explain why he abandoned the tribes of Zion (which he wouldn't). And I don't think I could do that kind of development for such a complex character justice with just some spliced-together dialogue.

what about no bark

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Cirosan posted:

I don't think you'd be able to do it by splicing dialogue together, but I could definitely see Joshua leaving Zion to travel with you. Him travelling with you for a few months tops isn't abandoning the Tribes permamantly or anything like that. If Obsidian had left a speech check in where you convince Joshua that the best thing for the tribes is to give them a little time alone with Daniel to contexualise your joint violence on the White Legs (or if you evacuated Zion, to help prevent resentment by having him as an immediate reminder of what the alternative was), it wouldn't feel out of place for him to join you until the Second Battle of Hoover Dam. Similarly, I think that he would feel obliged to help you if you asked him to return your kindness by helping to save your own tribe from Caesar. And I think he'd be inclined to see a divine hand guiding him if you invited him back to the Mojave one last time for a reckoning at the dam. Even if not as a companion, it'd have been nice if he showed up like Arcade does at the Dam. There'd have been a poetry to that.

Like I say, probably not something you could achieve from spliced dialogue, but it would have made sense had Obsidian done something like that.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm giving up on the Yes Man Companion mod, that poo poo is loving hard. I don't even know where to start and I managed to completely break everything with random clicking in Geck.

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

I'm giving up on the Yes Man Companion mod, that poo poo is loving hard. I don't even know where to start and I managed to completely break everything with random clicking in Geck.

I just learned there is apparently already a Yes Man companion mod. No idea how good it is but I'll probably try it on the same playthrough as Ulysses. :allears:

e: This image makes me happy:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fentan posted:

I just learned there is apparently already a Yes Man companion mod. No idea how good it is but I'll probably try it on the same playthrough as Ulysses. :allears:

e: This image makes me happy:

My ownly question is wondering if this has the restored content, and if so if I'll be able to use it as a base to do the quests and stuff (the one's where you are allowed to make Lucky 38 run New Vegas on it's own power and blow up the drat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

I doubt it, I think it just uses cut dialogue to cobble together the barks and stuff. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it as a base for that, though.