Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

haljordan posted:

"5 or 6 wine experts"? You gotta be loving kidding me. I really hope they were there to provide advice to everyone at the party but even that is really ridiculous.

Pretty sure they are just drinking on her dime.

"Well Robin, in my expert opinion, this '86 red for $450 a bottle would go well with the vegan cheese we are enjoying"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

"5 or 6 wine experts"? You gotta be loving kidding me. I really hope they were there to provide advice to everyone at the party but even that is really ridiculous.

That has to be an exaggeration for comic effect. She probably had one or two wine experts and a couple members of her entourage who seemed like they knew about wine. It would be insane if it were actually true.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

prefect posted:

That has to be an exaggeration for comic effect. She probably had one or two wine experts and a couple members of her entourage who seemed like they knew about wine. It would be insane if it were actually true.
Agreed. I'd bet at least one of those guys was just there to carry her colostomy bag.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

They posted pictures from the party and oddly enough there were no robin pics, or pics of these "experts", but pics of everyone else. They probably just have to keep up the lie that she is still around like they do in the studio.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

AxeManiac posted:

Didn't Lieberman swear he would never drink at a party after being called out as a drunk at the last one?

Yeah he said he wouldn't drink at the Christmas party or any other Stern show event. The dude has to be a drunk right?

Performula
Apr 7, 2009

JB50 posted:

They posted pictures from the party and oddly enough there were no robin pics, or pics of these "experts", but pics of everyone else. They probably just have to keep up the lie that she is still around like they do in the studio.

Let's get Jesse Ventura to investigate this poo poo.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Streebs posted:

Yeah he said he wouldn't drink at the Christmas party or any other Stern show event. The dude has to be a drunk right?

Can you blame the guy? He probably didn't get into journalism to cover high pitch eric's bowel movements.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Performula posted:

Not joking at all, but Jesse said theres a conspiracy by the network to get his show "conspiracy theory" shut down.

Good goin Gov.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

JB50 posted:

You're being ironic right?
If not, there's no lie that Robin is in the studio, it's mentioned that she's at home almost every day (microphone isn't working, isdn has to be rebooted, guest says hello, cat meows, cat meows, cat meows, etc).

I wish Fred would play the meows as a drop though. Every time we hear one of Robin's cats I crack up laughing because I know it drives Howard insane.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Streebs posted:

I'd imagine so, he had such great shame about the first time he got drunk around them, then he deflected, then bargained with them and ultimately lied about that. poo poo, I'd happily get wasted at a Stern party. Dude probably has an amazing spread of booze and food and anything stupid you do is just going to help the show.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Performula posted:

I'd feel less pissy about the whole situation with Robin if they'd just be honest, because it'd probably be a lot healthier for her than pretending that everything is hunky-dory 4 hours every day

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Maybe Robin's surgery left her incontinent and she can't be away from a good toilet for more than an hour.

Performula
Apr 7, 2009

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I'd feel less pissy about the whole situation with Robin if they'd just be honest, because it'd probably be a lot healthier for her than pretending that everything is hunky-dory 4 hours every day

Yea, I understand that it's a touchy subject and she wants privacy with the whole "condition." That said, the way they side step around it just makes the elephant in the room even bigger. I don't like it either.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

prefect posted:

Here's the clip: http://tindeck.com/listen/qzxt

I don't know why I thought Gary answered the question, I wrote my notes after I finished the show. Anyway, it's incredible how deadpan the information is delivered. It sounds really loving ridiculous yet they don't discuss it at all.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Performula posted:

Yea, I understand that it's a touchy subject and she wants privacy with the whole "condition." That said, the way they side step around it just makes the elephant in the room even bigger. I don't like it either.

It pisses me the gently caress off because you'd think they'd have learned something from the Artie clusterfuck.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Mildly nws: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/243/e/f/eric_the_midget_by_ladyreddarkness-d5a1gl1.jpg

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
"Row row row your chair.. to my stinky twat"

-Kelly Clarkson

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

beep by grandpa posted:

It pisses me the gently caress off because you'd think they'd have learned something from the Artie clusterfuck.

Howard is only in therapy for 5 days a week, you expect him to learn and grow?

"Well you see boff, Robin has brought wine experts with her, to help her eval-u-wait all duh wine. I wish they made a sonos wine, I would drink that all the time."

I hate when I get stuck talking like impersonations of people on the show.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 18, 2012

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I'm not sure how I feel about the TV cast special. On one hand I'm glad they didn't just dump a bunch of long-form interviews on us, but at the same time the way it's edited with all the short segments and show-clips spliced in as transitions is pretty awkward.

It might just be because I've never been a huge fan of Seinfeld, though.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Did someone say Eric the Midget came out as gay? Or did I read that wrong? Please tell me there is a clip of this happening if so.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Ribsauce posted:

Did someone say Eric the Midget came out as gay? Or did I read that wrong? Please tell me there is a clip of this happening if so.

Where the heck did you read that?

http://ericthemidget.org/?p=71

Oh, wait, Benjy has herpes, never mind.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 19, 2012

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

AxeManiac posted:

Where the heck did you read that?

Probably in his denying it upwards of 60 times a day on his Twitter account. (Take a shot every time he says dumb-gently caress and you'll be dead in an hour.)

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Ribsauce posted:

He can't come out as gay, he died like 3 years ago

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
It was kinda weird listening to the Jennifer Aniston interview. I must have missed the first part of it where it explained why she was even up in studio. Just a hot girl trying to get some air time? Because she wasn't in any shows or movies yet from what I heard in that interview.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
She was probably selling snapple

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
The one thing I did catch was Howard said he was 35 when he was interviewing her. And she was 20. So it had to of been 1989 and she wasn't doing poo poo back then until she starred in Leprechaun with ETM's hero Warwick Davis. :psyboom:

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Sean_Miller posted:

It was kinda weird listening to the Jennifer Aniston interview. I must have missed the first part of it where it explained why she was even up in studio. Just a hot girl trying to get some air time? Because she wasn't in any shows or movies yet from what I heard in that interview.

She was a spokesperson for the diet food company Nutrisystem.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

musclecoder posted:

She was a spokesperson for the diet food company Nutrisystem.

Yup. As I recall, they had girls in there shilling it pretty regularly during that time frame.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Sean_Miller posted:

The one thing I did catch was Howard said he was 35 when he was interviewing her. And she was 20. So it had to of been 1989 and she wasn't doing poo poo back then until she starred in Leprechaun with ETM's hero Warwick Davis. :psyboom:

Gary likes to talk about how he knows he could have banged her, but he didn't bother because he didn't think she was all that hot.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

Suuuuuuure, Gary...

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
my professional life is at a noine, my perfonal life is at a two

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Gary's book is pretty mediocre, but having the complete transcript of that video is worth every penny.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hey it's better than vinny's tape. he could've been bouncing on a cock on video and it would've been less embarrassing than that debby poo poo

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Anytime I feel like poo poo and think I'm worthless I watch the "I lost a best friend" tape and feel better.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Cliche Guevara posted:

Suuuuuuure, Gary...

For what it's worth every person on the staff, including Howard, said Gary wrecked hot girls on the regular. That John Oates look landed him a lot of tail in his younger years.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
The resemblance really was uncanny for a few years

Also I've decided I hate the TV cast special. I don't give a poo poo about any of the shows so the clips are unbearable and I've heard any of the more interesting interviews on the shuffle/other specials.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

kylej posted:

hey it's better than vinny's tape. he could've been bouncing on a cock on video and it would've been less embarrassing than that debby poo poo
Absolutely. Gary's tape was embarrassing but I don't even know what the hell Vinny was doing. There are women who like hearing things like "I lost a lover and a best friend" but I can't think of one who wants to hear how they will benefit from a chubby guy's balls "OH so much."

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
Is there a compilation of download links for stuff like the ETM (do these go past 2009?) packs and Best of Bunna anywhere? Just did a brief check of the previous thread and have read a lot of this one and haven't seen one.

Might be a cool thing to add to the OP.

Eb
May 6, 2003
The hardest I've laughed in the last couple of weeks was when Eric claimed, completely serious, that 9 out of 10 people had the same condition he has. Apparently he had read it on Wikipedia.

Eb fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Dec 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Snark posted:

Absolutely. Gary's tape was embarrassing but I don't even know what the hell Vinny was doing. There are women who like hearing things like "I lost a lover and a best friend" but I can't think of one who wants to hear how they will benefit from a chubby guy's balls "OH so much."

Vinnie's tapes apparently got a woman to marry him, though. Booey's tape did not get him his girlfriend back. (They eventually got together again briefly, but not right after the Booey tape.)

Maybe Vinnie's wife is a superfreak. :shrug: