Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Dr.Smasher posted:

It's not that bad, really. I downloaded the patch today and there doesn't seem to be an amplify shield deficit, so you can still blast away with the amp bonus. It does spread the amp damage across multiple pellets, so the conference call/maggie/etc all take a hit. It also takes away the amp bonus for Tediore reloads, the bullets in the magazine remaining don't have the amp bonus like they used to, so now Hyperius will be a complete pain in the rear end unless you bust out the Evil Smasher glitch (which I have yet to successfully pull off, I suck at it apparently).

The question was, how much amp damage does it have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Dross posted:

The wiki says it cut about 10k damage from the level 50 (so around 40k damage now)

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Dross posted:

oh. Sorry for being too wordy then.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

A few potential spoilers about loot and skins from the new DLC have come out according to files in the latest patch. A few throwbacks to BL1 guns are in there too.

Assault rifles:
The Chopper (Bandit, Seraph)
The Leadstorm (Vladof, Seraph)
The Damned Cowboy (Jakobs, unique)

Pistols:
The Infection (Maliwan, Seraph) (Possibly The Defiler?)
The Rexs (Jakobs, unique)

Shotguns:
The Interfacer (Hyperion, Seraph)
The Twister (Jakobs, unique)
The Hydra (Jakobs, unique)

SMGs:
The Yellow Jacket (Hyperion, E-tech) (The name is from a weapon-naming contest on Facebook. It sucks and is really boring and the gun will probably suck too)

Sniper Rifles:
The Hawk Eye (Jakobs, Seraph)
The Elephant Gun (Jakobs, unique)
:stare:

Launchers:
The Harpoon Gun (Jakobs, unique) (Kind of weird since the Ahab fills this role already)

Grenades:
Breath Of The Seraphs (Seraph)

Shields:
Rough Rider (Unique)
The Buckler (Unique)

Skins:
D4rk Expl0rer (Assassin head)
Vigil4nt (Assassin zebra skin)
Pithy Rejoinder (Mechromancer head)
Elusive (Mechromancer leopard skin)
Mustache of Legend (Gunzerker head)
Wise (Gunzerker rhino skin)
Trigger Pull (Siren head)
Wrath (Siren tiger skin)
Frozen Wrath (Siren white tiger skin)
Clever Boy (Commando head)
Patient (Commando snake skin)

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
is it all cobras that are rare or just the legendary?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Currently looking for anyone that has level 50 versions of the Legendary Class mods to dupe. In return I have lots of Oranges to dupe for you!

lvl 20 legendary Mecho class mod
lvl 28 legendary soldier class mod
lvl 48 legendary Mecho class mod
lvl 48 Rappid Badaboom
lvl 49 Lucid Hellfire
lvl 49 Gunstock Maggie

lvl 50 stuff
Severe Shredifier, Binary Thunderbolt Fists, Bee, Corrosive Babymaker, Shock and Corrosive Infinity, Flush Hammer Buster, Corrosive and Fire Conference Call, Rarez White Death, Impaler (31k spike dmg), Sham (91%), Grounded Black Hole (143k Nova), Cradle.

I'm on 360, and I'm online now for the next few hours. Just send me a friend invite and a message (I'm playing P4G on my Vita). GT is Hushi907

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Poala Bear posted:

Currently looking for anyone that has level 50 versions of the Legendary Class mods to dupe. In return I have lots of Oranges to dupe for you!

lvl 20 legendary Mecho class mod
lvl 28 legendary soldier class mod
lvl 48 legendary Mecho class mod
lvl 48 Rappid Badaboom
lvl 49 Lucid Hellfire
lvl 49 Gunstock Maggie

lvl 50 stuff
Severe Shredifier, Binary Thunderbolt Fists, Bee, Corrosive Babymaker, Shock and Corrosive Infinity, Flush Hammer Buster, Corrosive and Fire Conference Call, Rarez White Death, Impaler (31k spike dmg), Sham (91%), Grounded Black Hole (143k Nova), Cradle.

I'm on 360, and I'm online now for the next few hours. Just send me a friend invite and a message (I'm playing P4G on my Vita). GT is Hushi907

I have the legendary soldier mod if you want it I can hook it up after I finish fighting Gee. I could use the black hole and corrosive babymaker. GT: arkitekt4k

vvv thank you too!

delpheye fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 15, 2012

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

delpheye posted:

I have the legendary soldier mod if you want it I can hook it up after I finish fighting Gee. I could use the black hole and corrosive babymaker. GT: arkitekt4k

Thanks!

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

For those of you with the PS3 version of BL2 and wanted to use my save editor, there is now a tool out freely available called pfdtool that can decrypt and encrypt PS3 save files. There's a bit of setup and it's not entirely user-friendly, but it does work, a guide is available on PS3Hax.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

After doing the title update it seems that I've materialized 10 extra Golden Keys and 17 Badass Tokens out of thin air. Is there any reason not to use Badass Tokens as soon as you get them (i.e. they give you bigger bonuses on second / third playthroughs)?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

raditts posted:

After doing the title update it seems that I've materialized 10 extra Golden Keys and 17 Badass Tokens out of thin air. Is there any reason not to use Badass Tokens as soon as you get them (i.e. they give you bigger bonuses on second / third playthroughs)?

No. The amount of stat bonus will decrease the more tokens you use on a particular stat.

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

gibbed posted:

For those of you with the PS3 version of BL2 and wanted to use my save editor, there is now a tool out freely available called pfdtool that can decrypt and encrypt PS3 save files. There's a bit of setup and it's not entirely user-friendly, but it does work, a guide is available on PS3Hax.

Thanks for the heads up. You were not kidding about the not user friendly part.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

raditts posted:

After doing the title update it seems that I've materialized 10 extra Golden Keys and 17 Badass Tokens out of thin air
I got 62 Badass Tokens with the update. :stare:

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Crows Turn Off posted:

I got 62 Badass Tokens with the update. :stare:

I got 83, and apparently 11 golden keys. I'm not quite sure how or why, but i'll take it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Crunkjuice posted:

I got 83, and apparently 11 golden keys. I'm not quite sure how or why, but i'll take it.

I wonder if it'll give me more if I delete the update and install it again?

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
The Gearbox twitter said something about giving those if your profile was deleted. It doesnt sound like anyone heres profile was deleted so idk.

If anyone on PS3 wants to trade I have a lvl 50 Bee and the siren "slayer" mod. PSN A_GUN_SHOTTER

I guess I got lucky, I actually farmed the Bee and it took me 16 tries.

Edit- some random just gave me 90+ orange/pink/purple of everything... Spreadsheet time.

Tentacle Party fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 17, 2012

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Is anyone open tonight to help a lowly level 16-17 Gunzerker clear out the last few missions in Tundra Express before taking on Wilhelm? I've got the Mine Investigation, Train Robbery, and then Big Willie; I'd like to have a couple of people at my back if I can. I'll be on around 8:30 p.m. CST. If anyone has a high level Infinity they'd let me dupe, that'd be swell too. :shobon:

My GT is the same as my username here, right down to the normal space in the middle.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Tentacle Party posted:

The Gearbox twitter said something about giving those if your profile was deleted. It doesnt sound like anyone heres profile was deleted so idk.

If anyone on PS3 wants to trade I have a lvl 50 Bee and the siren "slayer" mod. PSN A_GUN_SHOTTER

I guess I got lucky, I actually farmed the Bee and it took me 16 tries.

Edit- some random just gave me 90+ orange/pink/purple of everything... Spreadsheet time.

Got a level 50 legendary gunzerker mod?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
So, uh, will anything happen to my PSN account if I mess around with Gibbed's save editor?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Monkey Fracas posted:

So, uh, will anything happen to my PSN account if I mess around with Gibbed's save editor?

No. PSN doesn't ban anyone for anything.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Tentacle Party posted:

I've been considering jumping into some public mid level game and waiting until we're far from a vending machine to vomit legendary and then quit. My imagination wants to know what happens next.

Also, I asked earlier but maybe it got lost... are all Cobra's rare or just orange ones?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

delpheye posted:

I've been considering jumping into some public mid level game and waiting until we're far from a vending machine to vomit legendary and then quit. My imagination wants to know what happens next.

Also, I asked earlier but maybe it got lost... are all Cobra's rare or just orange ones?

I saw a reddit post from a guy who had this happen. he was pretty happy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Is there anyway to check what challenges I've completed and/or my progress on them?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Codes for 5 golden keys, since BL2 won some best video game something-or-other:

PC / Mac: WT5TB-XC5ZC-CX3T3-BBT3B-B35WB
Xbox 360: W3KTJ-FZ9CS-XS6BR-K6JJ3-XCFXT
PlayStation 3: WTWBJ-HKZ9C-TCCWB-ZT5JJ-6HRZS

Sandwolf posted:

Is there anyway to check what challenges I've completed and/or my progress on them?

You mean the ones on the Badass Token tab?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I wish there was a way to trade Eridium for stuff other than from the Black Market. I've already bought everything and I have 99 Eridium just wasting away.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jubs posted:

I wish there was a way to trade Eridium for stuff other than from the Black Market. I've already bought everything and I have 99 Eridium just wasting away.

Don't forget boss fights! Which pay for themselves tenfold if you win.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Father Wendigo posted:

Is anyone open tonight to help a lowly level 16-17 Gunzerker clear out the last few missions in Tundra Express before taking on Wilhelm? I've got the Mine Investigation, Train Robbery, and then Big Willie; I'd like to have a couple of people at my back if I can. I'll be on around 8:30 p.m. CST. If anyone has a high level Infinity they'd let me dupe, that'd be swell too. :shobon:

My GT is the same as my username here, right down to the normal space in the middle.

Bumping in the off chance someone's got the night off. If anyone else is open another night this week, PM me here or over Live.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Father Wendigo posted:

Bumping in the off chance someone's got the night off. If anyone else is open another night this week, PM me here or over Live.

Wish I'd seen your post earlier, I'm level 21 and just a few missions past that part, and just wrapped up a couple hours of playing. It would be nice to play with someone who's not just grinding for phat lewt, so send me an invite if you see me on.
GT = raditts.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
^^^^ same here. Lvl 23, not terribly further, but I just wrapped up for the night. GT is MrMartinWrecks if you want to add me.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

When did they get rid of the 24 hour limit on bosses? I just killed Hyperius, walked out and back in to collect the goodies and it told me I couldn't kill him, but my Deathtrap was still alive and started shocking him. Boss door closed, minions spawned and I was hosed.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

raditts posted:

Wish I'd seen your post earlier, I'm level 21 and just a few missions past that part, and just wrapped up a couple hours of playing. It would be nice to play with someone who's not just grinding for phat lewt, so send me an invite if you see me on.
GT = raditts.

My mechromancer is at 27, but I'm down to run through missions or whatever. gt: arkitekt4k

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

raditts posted:

GT = raditts.

I've got two 50's I could use as back-up to revive folks and avoid combat unless needed (to keep from it becoming Easy Mode), and a 25 mechromancer I could jump in with. I'm on the metatag; otherwise GT is same as my user name here. If I'm on Borderlands, I could probably jump in without problems (I'd let whomever know otherwise).

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I looked at some of the new dlc weapons and holy poo poo there's a sniper with 580% crit damage. The only downside is that it's a Seraph weapon but at least I can get the crystals for it instead of grinding that .88% drop rate for a Cobra.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

What's the consensus on the Error Message? I don't really believe it's a modded weapon because the text isn't black, but the skin definitely looks like one.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

delpheye posted:

What's the consensus on the Error Message? I don't really believe it's a modded weapon because the text isn't black, but the skin definitely looks like one.
It's a modded gun. Or specifically it's a real gun with a 0% drop rate. The only way you can get it is to mod it into you inventory, hence the red text.

tokyormx
Jun 3, 2005

ANIME AVATAR ^__^
Anybody on PS3 with the PT2.5 flesh-stick quest? I messed up my own save by beating it prematurely, and powering my mechro on terramorphous is getting boring.

I've got pretty much most of the legendaries worth getting I can trade in return.

PSN: onetkz

I'm also totally down to do any of the raid bosses or helping people beat their questlines as well, just getting bored playing solo

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

tokyormx posted:

Anybody on PS3 with the PT2.5 flesh-stick quest? I messed up my own save by beating it prematurely, and powering my mechro on terramorphous is getting boring.

(Snip)

Hate to break it to you but they fixed that exploit in the most recent patch.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Kifisonfire posted:

It's a modded gun. Or specifically it's a real gun with a 0% drop rate. The only way you can get it is to mod it into you inventory, hence the red text.

Fair enough. It kills poo poo real well all the same.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

tokyormx posted:

I've got pretty most of the legendaries worth getting I can trade in return.

PSN: onetkz

I'm also totally down to do any of the raid bosses or helping people beat their questlines as well, just getting bored playing solo

You can't flesh stick boost anymore online. It's offline only I believe

And holy poo poo, I knew the kss glitch would make the game easy mode, but I didn't expect it to be "kill hyperius and his minions in 10 seconds" easy. Apparently there is an easy way to do the glitch and only takes 10-15 seconds to get up to massive levels of game breaking goodness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Thinking about picking this game up.

Is there still a community, and is it still fairly easy to find people online? Or has the community pretty much died since the release of every other high profile fall title?

• Locked thread