Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Node posted:

Which version of DirectX is Barkley 2 going to require by the way, Chef? I had to mug a lot of people to be able to afford a computer to run Shut up and Jam: Gaiden, so I need to know how much time I'm going to need to prowl the back alleys.

If you don't got no Super Famicom then you ain't poo poo white boyee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Cybershell posted:

Ugh, who wants to play this NON-CANON garbage.

This is so for TREND I can see it trending.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Baloogan posted:

If you don't got no Super Famicom then you ain't poo poo white boyee.

Don't slam me like that man. You've ruined my day.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Was Shaq even in the Space Jam? How can he expect to slam with the best if he can't even jam with the rest?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Yaos posted:

Was Shaq even in the Space Jam? How can he expect to slam with the best if he can't even jam with the rest?
No, but I'm pretty sure I remember him being a genie at some point. That means he has semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic powers!

deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

DLC packs to upgrade Kazaam's itty-bitty living space.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Overflight posted:

I can't help but wonder if this Kickstarter somehow inspired this:

http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/17/3777798/go-ninja-developer-bringing-new-shaquille-oneal-game-to-mobile

"Side-scroller ShaqDown's developers are adamant that the game is not a sequel to 1994's Shaq Fu, which was received poorly."

Wow, I'm so relieved. :rolleyes:

People would be way more excited for that game if it WAS a sequel to Shaq Fu. The internet is weird and stupid.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Actual display I saw at a convention once:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Anyone who's ever collected old Mega Drive games will have enough "extra" copies of Shaq-Fu to make a million display stands of their own. Those things are inescapable.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I hope we get a DLC voice pack where all the voices are compressed down so much they can fit 100 hours of voice in 5 megabytes.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Actual display I saw at a convention once:

Maybe they run Save Shaq Fu?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I know I'd be excited for a Shaq-Fu remake that actually played well.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Al! posted:

Barkley seems like the kind of guy who if he knew about it would either find it weird and hilarious or call his lawyers immediately.

edit: his twitter background is great.

If Barkley is TRUE DOOM-MURDERHEAD there's no way he would sue. Or are you saying Barkley is CORPORATE ATTITUDE??

memomi
Dec 16, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Lookin good Barkley.

memomi fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 21, 2012

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Did you know: Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden was the first ever vidcon to star a cast made up entirely of Neo-African-Neo-Americans. I think we all owe a round of applause to Tales of Game's for their continuing support of equal opportunity.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Did you know: Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden was the first ever vidcon to star a cast made up entirely of Neo-African-Neo-Americans. I think we all owe a round of applause to Tales of Game's for their continuing support of equal opportunity.
What about the octoroon and the space dwarf?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

What about Larry Bird?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm surprised this mashup hasn't been posted yet. It's basically the only mashup that suits the first game.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 18, 2012

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

What about the octoroon and the space dwarf?

Well, the space dwarf is a dwarf from space. Are dwarves in Barkley humans?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
This was posted in another thread, but according to Youtube, Adam Jensen did a Chaos Dunk.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm surprised this mashup hasn't been posted yet. It's basically the only mashup that suits the first game.

Probably cause that sounds really bad and this is from somebody that legitimately enjoys both of those songs on their own.

I really hope enough money can be raised to get the NG+ stuff! I like their idea for it.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

helopticor posted:

This was posted in another thread, but according to Youtube, Adam Jensen did a Chaos Dunk.

Jensen was traveling.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Geight posted:

Probably cause that sounds really bad and this is from somebody that legitimately enjoys both of those songs on their own.

Suuuuuure it does. :smug:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Dyz posted:

Jensen was traveling.

Listen, when you're performing a cyberpocalypse-causing Chaos Dunk, it's okay to skirt the rules. Barkley had to do it, so the refs turned a blind eye. The same is true with Jensen's imitation.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Node posted:

Listen, when you're performing a cyberpocalypse-causing Chaos Dunk, it's okay to skirt the rules. Barkley had to do it, so the refs turned a blind eye. The same is true with Jensen's imitation.

Barkley never travels. Can't slam and jam if you're traveling.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Good lord that's horrible... I hope Jordan is on the case to bring this monster to justice!

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
If you watch Barkley's dribble animation he travels during every battle.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

If you watch Barkley's dribble animation he travels during every battle.

I think that is simply a limitation of the game engine and your current hardware.

I noticed something similar when I first played the game some years ago, but since then I've upgraded to an Alienware Blackhawk 40 000 TIOW.
When paying B:SUaJ:THBSC1:TM,TG on my current rig it no longer appears that Barkley travels in battle, except for special attacks (jams) that heavily feature particle effects (e.g.: Ghost Muscle, Showboat Jam).

You can see a similar thing with the other characters, if you look carefully. Balthios appears to float above the ground during certain zaubers, and the Cyber-Dwarf can look like a heavily artifacted jpeg of John the Baptist when performing finishers.

As with Barkley, these have mostly disappeared after I upgraded my hardware.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

A Duergar stole my credit card number and used it to buy a shitload of rubies and also back your kickstarter, but after checking it out I think I'm going to let it slide. :)

I just got done playing Barkley 1 and it reminded me of all the reasons why I used to like JRPGs, I'm excited to see where you take things next!

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011

helopticor posted:

The real Chaos Dunk is a 150-megaton blast capable of leveling Manhattan. Jenson's dunk barely leveled a back alley. It was a Disorderly Dunk at best.

Holepunchio fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 19, 2012

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Holepunchio posted:

The real Chaos Dunk is a 150-megaton blast capable of leveling Manhatten. Jenson's dunk barely leveled a back alley. It was a Disorderly Dunk at best.

Give him time to work up to it. White Men Can't Jump, after all.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Even augmented white men can't jump.

Bionic
May 6, 2007

I beg to remain, Sir, your most humble and obedient servant, A Ridiculous Beard.

Holepunchio posted:

The real Chaos Dunk is a 150-megaton blast capable of leveling Manhattan. Jenson's dunk barely leveled a back alley. It was a Disorderly Dunk at best.
Holepunchio is correct. This looks much more like a Chaos Dunk. Adam Jenson's Jumble Jam was nice, but a Chaos Dunk needs more than just a pasted-on explosion. It needs to be a Space Jam.

Anyway, I'm really curious about how much it would actually cost to license Space Jam. According to the assuredly accurate Greenlight Music, licensing Space Jam for a video game "usually starts at 1,875 USD." If that's the case, we should all be licensing it for all uses. Especially since it's a steal compared to Tootsee Roll's $6249.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Bionic posted:

This looks much more like a Chaos Dunk.

drat, there is even a guy with a basketball head.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bionic posted:

Anyway, I'm really curious about how much it would actually cost to license Space Jam. According to the assuredly accurate Greenlight Music, licensing Space Jam for a video game "usually starts at 1,875 USD." If that's the case, we should all be licensing it for all uses. Especially since it's a steal compared to Tootsee Roll's $6249.
For videogame use it says it gets expensive very quickly and they'll put you in contact with a real person.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Will this game be ported to the Nokia N-GAGE?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Don't forget the OUYA. :v:

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Baloogan posted:

drat, there is even a guy with a basketball head.

I can easily see J.G. Quintel as someone who has played the original shut up and jam gaiden.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
gently caress. I just saw the banner ad for this thread. I am so excited for this game, god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.

AF posted:

gently caress. I just saw the banner ad for this thread. I am so excited for this game, gatDAMN.

Fix your grammar, gaijin.