Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

King of Solomon posted:

Press Turn is indeed the Nocturne/DDS combat system. And yeah, this is the first mainline SMT since Nocturne (which, remember, is SMT3). I don't know either, I was convinced that Strange Journey was SMT4 before I heard the news.

The reason Strange Journey isn't SMT4 is because it isn't set in Japan. That's really it. Unless I was lied to I guess.

Edit: Beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Well didn't If... have the SMT name as well, despite not being numbered?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
DS2 anime sounds good to me, though I would've preferred the first game. I think it'd be better if the MC is more like Yu. He doesn't talk a whole lot, but when he decides to be "on", he completely steals the scene.

Cityinthesea posted:

At least Io's boobs are affected by gravity now.

I dunno, the shot of her looked pretty bad. Hopefully someone will notice how godawful it looks.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Momomo posted:

I dunno, the shot of her looked pretty bad. Hopefully someone will notice how godawful it looks.

Compared to her in game incarnation, it's still way better.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Momomo posted:

DS2 anime sounds good to me, though I would've preferred the first game. I think it'd be better if the MC is more like Yu. He doesn't talk a whole lot, but when he decides to be "on", he completely steals the scene.

Seiji Kishi, who directed the Persona 4 anime, is also doing this one. So there's hope we'll see the second coming of Yu.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

http://ds2a.jp/

So Devil Survivor 2 is getting an anime adaptation.

My only thought is I wonder if they'll make the protagonist as insane as the game lets you.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh man, this can either be super good or total crap. Though, knowing Atlus it's likely to be the latter, but hey, at least they're adapting a GOOD game this time, so i'm hyped as heck. Hopefully they manage to make the MC autistic enough. And make Jungo + Yamato awesome enough. Oh man, so rad.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

There's probably going to be a Devil Survivor 2: Overclocked

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Maybe I should play this

Or I could wait

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Well gently caress, this is another thing that will make me go "I need a 3DS" and then never come out in Europe anyway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I was okay with Devil Survivor 2 but I was not expecting it to get a big push. :psyduck:

The story is Evangelion! The anime already exists!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This is a little awkward for me because I own DS2 and a 3DS but haven't had a chance to play DS2 yet. At least with DS1:Overclocked I could have put it aside because I had already beaten the original to hell and back.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I was okay with Devil Survivor 2 but I was not expecting it to get a big push. :psyduck:

DS2 has better characters though, and a mostly coherent plot! :v:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I'm all for it if we can get a Devil Survivor 3.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
Yeah, an anime for DS2 is kind of like releasing a tabletop miniature game for Warcraft or Starcraft. It just feels redundant. DS3 would be nice, though- I'd prefer that to DS2:O. A full new game on the 3DS would be great.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

You just know Japan won't pass up the offer to say "DS3 on the 3DS!".

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I hope they follow all the goofy lines that you could make the DS2 protag say.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

If he doesn't smell any hands then the anime will suck.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I know there was a picture floating around of all the dumb poo poo the protag from DS2 could say, anyone have it?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

He has to shout "BOO" at every opportunity.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cityinthesea posted:

I know there was a picture floating around of all the dumb poo poo the protag from DS2 could say, anyone have it?

Please let the silly options be chosen every time.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr Pepper posted:

Any compilation without "The evil walks among us." is incomplete. :colbert:

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Dr Pepper posted:

I really hope the "Meow" option is due to the Atlus translation team being Super Trooper fans.

Also Maerlyn's Grapefruit sounds like a Dark Tower reference.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dr Pepper posted:

A few of those are perfectly fine decisions. The dead meat one is :black101: as hell.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Cityinthesea posted:

Well didn't If... have the SMT name as well, despite not being numbered?

If..., Devil Summoner, Strange Journey and NINE all had the Shin Megami Tensei title on them.

I'm looking forward to Tumblr distilling the only scenes of the DS2 anime (Jungo/JungoCat) I need to see into .gif form for quick and easy consumption.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 7, 2012

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Could someone repost the picture of all the Persona characters grouped by their arcanas. Thanks.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hey guys. Guess what.

http://www.atlus.com/soulhackers/index.html

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
I knew there was a reason I kept my 3DS! If they're bringing this over then bringing SMT4 seems like a no brainer.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

I want to be happy about this. I really do. But, Europe's still waiting for DS1:Overclocked (sometime in 2013 at the earliest now...) never mind Soul Hackers too.

Why did you have to include region locking now, Nintendo :negative:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

So what is this exactly? Remake of an old game? What does it play like?

I'm only familiar with SMT "Main Series", Persona, and Devil Summoner.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Soul Hackers is one of the Devil Summoner games before Raidou, but it plays nothing like Raidou.

Anyways, Atlus USA, thank you for getting Soul Hackers, now if you could please give me EP that would be great.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Dragonatrix posted:

I want to be happy about this. I really do. But, Europe's still waiting for DS1:Overclocked (sometime in 2013 at the earliest now...) never mind Soul Hackers too.

Why did you have to include region locking now, Nintendo :negative:

We're never going to get any of those games. Get used to it. :sigh:

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol
I was hoping they were waiting until P4G released to announce P2EP... I don't think it's going to happen, you guys. Project Rainfall time?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

vanov posted:

I was hoping they were waiting until P4G released to announce P2EP... I don't think it's going to happen, you guys. Project Rainfall time?

Atlus and Nintendo are not really the same kind of company. If Atlus isn't putting out a Persona game it's probably for good reason. (Even if that reason is just "The PSP is dead and P2E1 sold pretty bad.")

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

How bad Persona 2 sold on the psp?

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 22, 2012

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Hell yes! Soul Hackers!

Just take my drat money, ATLUS. I've been waiting for this game for quite some time.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Bleusilences posted:

How bad the sell where for the personna 2 psp game?

In Japan, Eternal Punishment PSP sold pretty bad. It sold less than an incest dating sim.

But Nemissa's finally gettin' on that plane to the U.S :unsmith:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's a remake of the ps1 devil summoner game. Think classic SMT with first person dungeons, demon summoning, and having to have MAG to keep demons with you.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

DrManiac posted:

It's a remake of the ps1 devil summoner game. Think classic SMT with first person dungeons, demon summoning, and having to have MAG to keep demons with you.

Eh that's a bit too classic for me :/ basically a step above the SNES games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
What's the basic plotline of Soul Hackers?