Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Duesenjaeger posted:

I thought I made it pretty clear I was joking, but I guess it is hard to tell tone with nothing but text to convert it. I merely meant that I was saddened over that particular part of the story. Not actually throwing a fit over it.

Sorry dude, my internet sarcasm meter has been broken by now, I did not mean to offend.

Anyways, I can't wait til I eventually get to the end of my second playthrough and can just go on a mad fusing and grinding spree, because it is going to be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Sorry dude, my internet sarcasm meter has been broken by now, I did not mean to offend.

It's fine man. I was honestly quite surprised to find out rage quitting was an actual thing and not just a joking expression. I got to this point by swearing that I wouldn't use a guide at all for my first play through, so I kinda figured I wouldn't get the good ending.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Duesenjaeger posted:

It's fine man. I was honestly quite surprised to find out rage quitting was an actual thing and not just a joking expression. I got to this point by swearing that I wouldn't use a guide at all for my first play through, so I kinda figured I wouldn't get the good ending.

LOOK UP THE GOOD ENDING!!!

You'll get to a part where your party wants to do something drastic. If you answer correctly, you get the good ending and like 3 months of extra gameplay. If you don't, bad ending and the game ends there.

Use the guide this one time because it's a massive pain in the rear end to replay the whole game to get to that part again.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
If I've already passed the point where it warns you that poo poo's about to go haywire, am I locked into the bad ending? Because I just followed your advice to try to get the good one and things seem the same.

Nevermind... I wasn't even to the big decision point yet. Thanks guys. I'll take your advice.

FiestaDePantalones fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Dec 19, 2012

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
The bad ending should be just cutscenes and credits. There's no more gameplay.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I like drunk Yukiko and Rise. They know how to have a good time.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hey how come stuff in the last dungeon is still dropping items? Can you leave, shop, and go back into the TV on the last day?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Hey how come stuff in the last dungeon is still dropping items? Can you leave, shop, and go back into the TV on the last day?

Nope, it sorta does that just because.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

If you interact with the exit TV you can choose to go to the shop.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tellaris posted:

If you interact with the exit TV you can choose to go to the shop.

I just looked it up and apparently it's been like that since Vanilla P4 and I just never checked :v: A lot more valuable now that the shop carries over

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

I just looked it up and apparently it's been like that since Vanilla P4 and I just never checked :v: A lot more valuable now that the shop carries over

It's also a great way to get rid of everything you don't need to maximize your starting funds in NG+.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

King of Solomon posted:

It's also a great way to get rid of everything you don't need to maximize your starting funds in NG+.

Exactly what carries over into NG+ again? I know your 5 stats and whatever you unlock in the shop carries over. What about Personas and/or Level?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

RadicalR posted:

Exactly what carries over into NG+ again? I know your 5 stats and whatever you unlock in the shop carries over. What about Personas and/or Level?

Persona COMPENDIUM yes. Equipped Persona no. Level no. You can purchase anything from your compendium in NG+. Level restriction for fusion still applies. Money, costumes also transfer. Marie's Skill Card list also transfers.

I forget if anything else does, but I'm pretty sure that covers it.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Since Marie's Skill Card list carries over into New Game +, does that mean you can get the trophy for registering 100 skill cards over multiple games, or do you have to do it all in one play through?

I'm at November and I've only registered about 50 or so, and I'm starting to worry that I'll have to grind shuffle times on the last day or something.

edit: also, if someone comes from the left at lunch time and asks you to hang out, but you don't have a Persona of their arcana, is the point boost from agreeing on the spot worth it, or should you choose to decide later and go grab a Persona? I've been assuming that the Persona boost is worth more points, but I'm not actually sure.

Hamsterlady fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 19, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DarkHamsterlord posted:

edit: also, if someone comes from the left at lunch time and asks you to hang out, but you don't have a Persona of their arcana, is the point boost from agreeing on the spot worth it, or should you choose to decide later and go grab a Persona? I've been assuming that the Persona boost is worth more points, but I'm not actually sure.

I believe that the point bonus is 2x if they come in from the left, so I think it is always worth it, right Persona or not.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Since Marie's Skill Card list carries over into New Game +, does that mean you can get the trophy for registering 100 skill cards over multiple games, or do you have to do it all in one play through?

You can do it through multiple playthroughs. I got the trophy on my second.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Right, so the boss of the new dungeon, the idea is to use the resistance-nullifying items and then just unload, yeah? Team Burn Everything Down triumphs again.

Hey, and with the Valentine's Day thing, I managed to get away with having two girlfriends. I guess Marie works a bit differently to the rest of them, because after the Naoto on the beach scene she was waiting back at home and I didn't have to tell her to gently caress off. After that dungeon I kinda wanted to. :v:

McDragon fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 19, 2012

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Good lord, you weren't kidding about the golden hands. Just by going through Naoto's dungeon on a rainy day bumped me up 10 levels. Mind Charge + Megidolaon = instant kill.

The only thing I need is a Null Silence to put on my Juggernaut. :unsmiggh:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

McDragon posted:

Right, so the boss of the new dungeon, the idea is to use the resistance-nullifying items and then just unload, yeah? Team Burn Everything Down triumphs again.

Hey, and with the Valentine's Day thing, I managed to get away with having two girlfriends. I guess Marie works a bit differently to the rest of them, because after the Naoto on the beach scene she was waiting back at home and I didn't have to tell her to gently caress off. After that dungeon I kinda wanted to. :v:

Yeah, Marie is different. Also: Marie owns, you're awful. :smith:

EDIT: Those dungeon mechanics were kinda terrible.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 19, 2012

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

Yeah, Marie is different. Also: Marie owns, you're awful. :smith:

Marie as a character is pretty great, that dungeon was just super-awful.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

McDragon posted:

Marie as a character is pretty great, that dungeon was just super-awful.

Hahah, I just edited my post to reflect that. :v:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can I use Balzac on my own party or is that something random shadows can do just because?

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Ok the void dungeon boss is totally loving stupid. I spend so much time and SP dealing with his fear and exhaustion poo poo that I can't do enough damage to him. When I finally break his main thing he just rebuilds it in two turns so I can get maybe one attack in because everyone else is trying to dispell the fear so he doesn't instant kill my party. I'm on my last day (I think?) and I don't have enough SP regeneration things to last even half the fight if I don't use teddie's energy shower to dispell the exhaustion.

The fight is so long and not fun at all.

Mind Charge (which Black Frost gets) really speeds that fight up, as does being able to cast Rakunda on the boss, plus it's really handy to have Super Sonics or some way of casting Masukukaja because he tends to waste turns dispelling it instead of hitting your party, if you're still having trouble. At around that level Kanji can do close to 150 damage if Kill Rush hits all 3 times, and that's without Power Charge.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

McDragon posted:

Seriously? gently caress, I chose Marie as my sole girlfriend. Sounds like I really missed out. Then again, I think I got the "guy" scene for Valentine's Day too, which was pretty funny.

Also, another Marie fan. She seems to be a divisive addition to the game that people either love or hate.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
So how do I get the hexagon spread for Lucifer to appear? I'm level 99 and I have all of the Personas required to fuse him.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Cannot Find Server posted:

I believe that the point bonus is 2x if they come in from the left, so I think it is always worth it, right Persona or not.

I'll be sure to accept their requests every time from now on. Thanks.

I Just got the new bad ending, and I'm already regretting it. These credits are so long, goddamn.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Snix posted:

So how do I get the hexagon spread for Lucifer to appear? I'm level 99 and I have all of the Personas required to fuse him.

I believe Lucifer is the ultimate persona of the Judgement S.Link, so you have to max that S.Link before he's available.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Snix posted:

Rank 10 in Judgement.

e: beaten, welp

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"

Yukari posted:

I believe Lucifer is the ultimate persona of the Judgement S.Link, so you have to max that S.Link before he's available.
Oh, neat! Thanks. I guess I'll just fuse Helel for the time being.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
^^^ You unlock the new cutscene in Daily Personamations though! :v:

Snix posted:

You need to have maxed out Judgement and be past the part in the story where you have 4+ fusions unlocked if you're on NG+.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I Just got the new bad ending, and I'm already regretting it. These credits are so long, goddamn.

But Corridor is one of the best tunes in the game. And this way you don't have to hear it interrupted by Time to Make History every few notes.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

So I beat the December Dungeon on the 22nd, but it skipped to the 25th instead of the 24th, so I think I missed the Christmas event. Did I do something wrong, or am I just misinformed? I have Rise on the romance path, but I don't max her out. Dojima gave me some sexy Santa Christmas clothing, so did I just have a very Dojima Christmas?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Snix posted:

So I beat the December Dungeon on the 22nd, but it skipped to the 25th instead of the 24th, so I think I missed the Christmas event. Did I do something wrong, or am I just misinformed? I have Rise on the romance path, but I don't max her out. Dojima gave me some sexy Santa Christmas clothing, so did I just have a very Dojima Christmas?

To my knowledge, you do need to max out your girlfriend before you can get a Christmas event with them.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Snix posted:

To have a Christmas Eve event, you have to max out your girlfriend's link or max out all the guys' links. The Dojima Christmas event happens no matter what.

If you max out more than one, you get to choose who to spend it with.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Yosuke dual-wielding food will never stop being funny.

Dual-wielding corn in festival clothes? Even funnier :allears:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

U.T. Raptor posted:

Personally, I'm rather fond of the Sharp Shovel that Yu's been using since I picked it up back in... whichever month it was. Free Auto-Tarukaja that doesn't take up a skill slot, and it looks good with a variety of outfits.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

U.T. Raptor posted:

Costumes are the best. I thought the best thing would be the party running around entirely in Agent Suits. Then I got Kanji's outfit from the fox.

I was wrong. I was so wrong and it feels so right.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Bussamove posted:

Costumes are the best. I thought the best thing would be the party running around entirely in Agent Suits. Then I got Kanji's outfit from the fox.

I was wrong. I was so wrong and it feels so right.

I like his Frankentstein monster costume a lot.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Kanji & Naoto, reindeer bros forever. I like to think it increases their Almighty attack damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm sure that Izanami really appreciates the Truth Seekers coming after them dressed as a badass chain smoking detective, a Chinese marital artist, Marilyn Monroe and a reindeer.

• Locked thread