Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'll say this: most of them have put way more effort into how their room looks than I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

The vaulted ceiling really gives this a nice chapel feel.

It's the lens (or PS effect) not the ceiling.

EkardNT
Mar 31, 2011
Vaulted ceiling, or wide angle lens?

edit: Beaten.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, it's a fisheye lens, look at the tops of the picture frames.

Either that or they've bought warped picture frames to further create the ILLUSION of a fisheye lens with vaulted ceilings.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Oh well that's... Bizarre.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Hurt69420 posted:

Some of these anime-shrine bedrooms are actually very neat & well-organized.

It's strange that there is very little middle ground when it comes to a "typical" nerd lair. They're either complete and utter shitholes or pristine, meticulously organised testaments to OCD.

Anybody have an idea what anime those pictures are supposed to be from? Easily one of the most bizarre lairs I've ever seen, it's almost admirable that they've got this victorian kind of theme going but also very creepy.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Hhaha she quoted my post, righteous. Didn't address the fact someone called it a hoax though. You'd think she'd offer up some kind of proof.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's the shiny wallpaper that gets to me. I suspect that Otaku's family is super wealthy ... it's like they've sprayed the anime hose over a really nice home.

Reivax
Apr 24, 2008

anti-magic posted:

It's strange that there is very little middle ground when it comes to a "typical" nerd lair. They're either complete and utter shitholes or pristine, meticulously organised testaments to OCD.

Anybody have an idea what anime those pictures are supposed to be from? Easily one of the most bizarre lairs I've ever seen, it's almost admirable that they've got this victorian kind of theme going but also very creepy.

Reasonably sure it's from Umineko, I remember seeing earlier versions of that room years ago on 4chan.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Hurt69420 posted:

It's almost creepier that way

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

anti-magic posted:

That's Umineko. It's a decent show and it's not the sort of thing I think of being mindless otaku material.

I wonder where they got the posters? A big picture of Beatrice would be sort of cool in a 'no girl will ever set foot inside this room' way.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Reivax posted:

Reasonably sure it's from Umineko, I remember seeing earlier versions of that room years ago on 4chan.
There's some Touhou in there too.

Quatrefoil
Feb 13, 2010

anti-magic posted:

There's probably tons of middle ground ones that no one's just thought to photograph/upload pictures of since "meh, kinda dirty" or "a few more action figures than usual" isn't all that interesting when there's all this thread has shown and more.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hurt69420 posted:

I bet that has something to do with the occupants being really really crazy. I've seen Dexter so I know about these things.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Quatrefoil posted:

"a few more action figures than usual"

A few more than none, you mean?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
What are the rules on self-posting in this here thread?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Faerunner posted:

I'm going to give you some advice, goon to goon: don't do this thing. If your room belongs in this thread, you need to get the gently caress off the computer and clean it right now.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Faerunner posted:

Post it. Post it, you pig.

You know you want to.

:unsmigghh:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DeathBySpoon posted:

I'm more curious about the rock(?) collection in the back.

Actually, those are minis. Judging by the green colour and size, I'd say WWII, Epic 40K, or some other AFV game. OGRE/GEV Maybe.

Mister Facetious has a new favorite as of 10:02 on Dec 20, 2012

Quatrefoil
Feb 13, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

A few more than none, you mean?
Well, I guess since I've never had any nor been interested in having any but I don't think having a few makes anyone crazy.

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I'm going to give you some advice, goon to goon: don't do this thing. If your room belongs in this thread, you need to get the gently caress off the computer and clean it right now.

Post then clean, come on man get it right.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Faerunner posted:

You must have a minimum of TWO wallscrolls, five anime or pony figurines, and a slovenly lifestyle. Failure to adhere to the guidelines will make us unable to mock you properly.

:reject:

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
If you try to hide the pissbottles, we will know.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
The best philosophy to take to piss bottles is if you're doing it, you are beyond shame. Show the world.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I speak for everyone when I say :justpost:

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Piss in glass bottles, cap it, and give it to your homebrew-loving friends

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
Faerunner: I would recommend recording the current state of your lair, cleaning thoroughly, and then posting a tidy, organized environment as a before and after shot. The success stories are what make threads like this magical. You can do this.

gwaaargh
Jul 7, 2010

by XyloJW

Yeah, Anime Boudoir is a common interior theme

Faerunner posted:

You have to post pictures of a friend or relative looking disappointed in you.

gwaaargh has a new favorite as of 16:14 on Dec 20, 2012

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

This thread has caused some cognitive dissonance; I wish posting photos of your actual desk space/home office was required to mock others in this thread; I am also thankful that rule doesn't exist for the very real fear of endless derails about nit-picky color schemes or whether you actually wear that fedora in the background unironically (or whether "ironically" was worse), ad nauseum.

Also I'm sure I'd laugh at a few and then collapse into a singularity of raging envy if that one photographer from the "what did you just buy" thread showed up.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
I think the act of bringing up self posting makes it required. I'd have to bust out some magic cards or some poo poo to make mine fit in with the thread.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Stormageddon posted:

I think the act of bringing up self posting makes it required. I'd have to bust out some magic cards or some poo poo to make mine fit in with the thread.

Ha! I just SOLD my Magic cards! +1 for me!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
All 18,000 of my magic cards, my tau army and all of my old collectables are sitting in a closet at my parents house. My room's just a mess

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Quatrefoil posted:

There's probably tons of middle ground ones that no one's just thought to photograph/upload pictures of since "meh, kinda dirty" or "a few more action figures than usual" isn't all that interesting when there's all this thread has shown and more.

This is me. Yea, theres always a pretty big pile of clothes in the corner and more dust built up than is probably normal. But theres no left over food, anime crap, or exposed wiring/drywall. Just a room that could use a little more organization than I've been able to handle at the moment. Pretty boring.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
There are tons of that. Like my roommate's giant robot collection. Goony as gently caress? Yes. Interesting? Not really, unless you're an avid giant robot guy, because it's well displayed and organized, it's just a bit larger than you'd consider average.

Bhodi has a new favorite as of 19:49 on Dec 20, 2012

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Deep Space Hitler posted:

Wow and I thought I was the only one with a sack cooler... here's a pic of my setup:

with flash:

On my comp I can vary the speed from a gentle massage to the point of near-masturbation (~150 CFM at max speed). Usually I leave it sinked up with my cpu fan: when I'm gaming it will automatically speed up to mitigate ball sweat, then automatically bring it back when I just want to chill out, since I usually keep one hand on my nuts when I'm relaxing. Not to mention it wafts the smell of my balls throughout the whole room, which although a guilty pleasure is quite comfortable and familiar, and on top of that it just feels insanely good!! And before you ask - yes I'm using it right now!!!

Do you live in an old school or hospital? Nobody has white speckled linoleum and rubber baseboards in their house.

TurboTax
Oct 9, 2012

KillHour posted:

Do you live in an old school or hospital? Nobody has white speckled linoleum and rubber baseboards in their house.

It's probably a dorm.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

TurboTax posted:

It's probably a dorm.

So he is genuinely using a dickfan in a property he doesn't even own.

TurboTax
Oct 9, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

So he is genuinely using a dickfan in a property he doesn't even own.

At least the chair will get soaked in Lysol as soon as the maintenance crew takes a whiff of it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Let's be honest, there is nothing that can clean the SHAME off a dickfan'd chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

KillHour posted:

Ignoring the self-posting derail I started (Because even if I were planning on posting anything right now, I don't have any photos handy... And our place is goony in a goony, kinda messy way, not a goony disgusting way, aside from our mid-remodel bathroom which is only gross in that half of it is down to the studs with a vapor barrier up to still be usable since we're not quite ready to finish up yet, so I'd probably disappoint you all pretty hard.) our bathroom actually had those rubber baseboards all the way around when we bought our house two and a half years ago.

We've torn most of it out, except one wall we haven't started yet, but it's still there mocking good taste. Fortunately we don't have the speckled linoleum, it's all hard wood.

• Locked thread