Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That speeder looks like something TheBluePyramid would have come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beerad
Nov 26, 2012
Yep my budget for 2013 is already blown. Thanks a lot GW.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Fyrbrand posted:

Bless his soul.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Fyrbrand posted:

Early BluePyramid or his later works? You know. The ones where sanity and euclidean geometry held sway.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Ok, it looks slightly better in this view. Why do these space marine flyers have to be so tiny?

Edit>> Wait, is it the Stormtalon kit with just wings added on the side? The cockpit, tail, and engine mounting are all in the same spot.

Slandible fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 20, 2012

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Khorne Flakes posted:

Edit>> Wait, is it the Stormtalon kit with just wings added on the side? The cockpit, tail, and engine mounting are all in the same spot.
It looks like that's the case, yeah.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Has anyone got the Crusade of Fire expansion? Is it any good? Do Dark Eldar get a bonus for the arena portions?

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Thanks a ton for the suggestions guys, much appreciated.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

io_burn posted:

Is there a good resource for what's generally accepted as the "best" units to buy to get started with Orks?

Orks are actually not too hard. In short:

-Boyz are amazing. They're the backbone of your army. Shootas are generally preferrable these days, but Sluggas are fine if you have them. A Nob with Klaw is still mandatory. Big Shootas I feel are better than Rokkits, but some people like the latter for the ability to kill tanks; personally, I'd rather be shooting at infantry.

-Big Meks and Warbosses are both good HQ units. Meks generally want a Force Field, Warbosses a Klaw and Bike.

-Lootas are how you kill tanks. Going to Ground with them is excellent, even more so if you bought an Aegis Defense Line for a 2+ cover save. Small units are generally better, since you'll probably run away when you take many casualties.

-Nobz/Meganobz are pretty scary to most things in a fight. Nobz can ride Bikes, which makes them very fast and threatening, but also quite expensive. A mix of Klaws and Big Choppas is generally best. If they aren't on bikes, give them a 'Wagon.

-Battlewagons with Deff Rollas are pretty tough and can run over all kinds of things. Don't take 'Ard Case or the Killkannon, otherwise the other upgrades are okay, but try not to overspend.

-Trukks are a necessary evil if you are going to run a mechanized list with Battlewagons in numbers in order to make sure you other units don't fall behind. Super-fragile, though.

-Gretchin are a great way to take a scoring unit that costs virtually no points at all. 10 + Handler is 40pts and holds an objective just as well as anything else in the game, at least until they get shot at.

-Dakkajets are really cool-looking and a great way to murder infantry and light tanks. They work best if you have other vehicles run with with them and distract the enemy.

-Buggies with Rokkits are another pretty good way to kill tanks. They really, really want other vehicles around or a KFF to keep them alive.

-Big Gunz are extremely cheap and shockingly survivable. Kanons and Lobbas are the better options, but Zzzap Guns are sorta okay. Make sure you buy extra grots to soak up sounds.

-Killa Kans are cheap as chips (points-wise) and can come in squads; they're pretty terrifying for most people to deal with up close and BS3 means their guns are better than you think. Rokkits and Grotzookas are your best bets. (Grotzookas are amazing.)

Most of the other choices in the codex are somewhere between okay and mediocre, with only a few really sour apples. If you center your army around a bunch of Boyz with some support units, you really can't go wrong.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Is there any combo of weapons that work out well (for the points) in a devastator squad? I have a heavy weapon in every squad for my space marines, yet still have enough spare troops left over to form a dev squad with 3 heavy weapons. No heavy bolters, but I can scrounge up to 3 plasma cannons, 2 lascannoms, or as many missile launchers as I could ever want. I might have some heavy weapons still on the sprue as well (probably missiles, bolters, and multi meltas) as well.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Icon Of Sin posted:

Is there any combo of weapons that work out well (for the points) in a devastator squad? I have a heavy weapon in every squad for my space marines, yet still have enough spare troops left over to form a dev squad with 3 heavy weapons. No heavy bolters, but I can scrounge up to 3 plasma cannons, 2 lascannoms, or as many missile launchers as I could ever want. I might have some heavy weapons still on the sprue as well (probably missiles, bolters, and multi meltas) as well.

Everything's really expensive, so I just run four missile launchers. Dev squads with missile launchers (or their analogues with the superior Space Wolves Long Fangs) were a go-to heavy support choice for Marines in 5th.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

SRM posted:

Everything's really expensive, so I just run four missile launchers. Dev squads with missile launchers (or their analogues with the superior Space Wolves Long Fangs) were a go-to heavy support choice for Marines in 5th.

I hadn't really looked into it before, but sticking a lascannon into a tac squad is only a 10 pt upgrade, vs a dev squad marine getting a lascannon for 35 pts :stare: I'll be sticking those lascannons into a squad and putting missiles into my reject marines dev squad. Do you run a special (non-heavy) weapon with your marines? Right now I have a combo of plasma and flamers scattered throughout.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fyrbrand posted:

Came here to post this. That thing is awful, and I can't wait to see how people fix it.

The codex cover is the best looking thing out of all of this.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
The speeder looks garbage but everything else looks solid. I wouldn't bother purchasing the bikes and will just convert some Dark Vengenace bikers into the twin plasma dudes using plasma pistols.

Nixnihil
Apr 3, 2007
Where is His will needed?
The LAND SPEEDER ...GEANCE looks like a loving Tau Devilfish, but clumsier.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
so... is any of the new dark angels stuff... green

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

There are no green Dark Angels. There are only the White Elite Dark Angels and the Black Elite Dark Angels.

Gonna have to buy that codex just because drat, that cover art.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ghost Hand posted:

I love this whole thing! Well done.

Thanks! It was a blast to play, even though I'm the only one that ended up with no points. After many late nights painting and converting things I think I know how some of the guys here feel getting prepped for tournaments! I now have a very long break over the holidays while I'm out of town, but I'll be planning out conversions and painting and everything else.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Based off this, looks like there's at least three units that can be made: Deathwing, Command (probably the HQ-doesn't-take-up-slot choice, maybe even counts-as-troops?), and Knights (probably Elite, and I hope they're not something retarded like 70 points W2 T4).

Regular Terminators are 220 points. The Knights are 235 points and gain WS5 (apparently their other stats are the same as normal Termies) and are cc-focused.

I've been waiting for Dark Angels for a while now to see if they have any good cc units to support my Guard, and it certainly looks like they will. I just hope that Ravenwing are costed similarly to Chaos Bikers, which are amazing.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Phyresis posted:

Regular Terminators are 220 points. The Knights are 235 points and gain WS5 (apparently their other stats are the same as normal Termies) and are cc-focused.

I've been waiting for Dark Angels for a while now to see if they have any good cc units to support my Guard, and it certainly looks like they will. I just hope that Ravenwing are costed similarly to Chaos Bikers, which are amazing.

I like it... it's a nice edge without making them ridiculous (read grey knights)

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Phyresis posted:

The question is can they still take CMLs or am I going to have to choke a Vetock.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
That speeder is dumb as gently caress. How does the marine in the nose turret have room for his legs?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Not a viking posted:

That speeder is dumb as gently caress. How does the marine in the nose turret have room for his legs?

Amputation, like a Servitor.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Cataphract posted:

You do not get a save. You only take saves against wounds.

Ah, put that way, it makes more sense, rules-wise at least. Thanks.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Mango Polo posted:

Amputation, like a Servitor.
"Where we're going you don't need legs, brother." :v:

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."
The new DA models look pretty boss, not going to lie. Still I don't think my DV models will end up in that chapter. I'm thinking either my homegrown chapter or BTs.

I think this is what I'm ultimately aiming for when it comes to Chaos:

code:
+++ Word Bearers (1991pts) +++
+++ 2000pt Chaos Space Marines 6th Ed (2012) by SN Roster (Standard)) +++

Selections:

Chaos Space Marines 6th Ed (2012) by SN (Standard) Selections:

+ HQ + (375pts)

* Chaos Lord (145pts) 
        (Champion of Chaos, Fearless, Independent Character)
        Aura of dark glory (15pts), Mark of Slaanesh (15pts), Veterans of the Long War (5pts)
        * Power Armour (45pts) 
            Burning Brand of Skalanthrax (30pts), Power Weapon (15pts)

* Typhus (230pts) 
        (Champion of Chaos, Destroyer Hive, Fearless, Feel no Pain, Independent Character, Mark of Nurgle, Plague Zombies, 
Psyker (Mastery lvl 2), Veterans of the Long War, Warlord: Lord of Terror)

+ Elites + (292pts)

* Thousand Sons (292pts) 
        (Fearless, Mark of Tzeentch, Slow and Purposeful, Veterans of the Long War)
        Aspiring Sorcerer (58pts), Icon of Flame (15pts), 8x Thousand Son (184pts)
        * Chaos Rhino (35pts) 
            (Repair)
            Combi-bolter, Searchlight, Smoke launchers

+ Troops + (659pts)

* Chaos Cultists (90pts) 
        (Champion of Chaos)
        Champion's upgrade (10pts), 20x Squad models (champion included) (80pts)

* Chaos Space Marines (293pts) 
        9x Chaos Space Marine (117pts), Icon of wrath (20pts), Mark of Khorne (20pts), Meltagun (10pts), Meltagun (10pts), 
9x Take a CCW (18pts), Veteran of the long war (10pts)
        * Aspiring Champion (53pts) 
            (Champion of Chaos)
            Close Combat Weapon, Combi-flamer/-melta/-plasma (10pts), Melta Bombs (5pts), Power Weapon (15pts)
        * Chaos Rhino (35pts) 
            (Repair)

* Noise Marines (Troops) (276pts) 
        (Fearless, Mark of Slaanesh)
        Icon of Excess (30pts), 8x Noise Marine w/ Sonic Blaster (160pts), Veteran of The Long War (9pts)
        * Chaos Rhino (35pts) 
            (Repair)
        * Noise Champion (42pts) 
            (Champion of Chaos)
            Bolt Pistol, CCW, Doom Siren (15pts)

+ Fast Attack + (340pts)

* Heldrake (170pts) 
        (Daemon, Daemonforge, It Will Not Die, Meteroric Descent)
        Baleflamer

* Heldrake (170pts) 
        (Daemon, Daemonforge, It Will Not Die, Meteroric Descent)
        Baleflamer

+ Heavy Support + (325pts)

* Defiler (207pts) 
        (Daemon, Daemonforge, Fleet, It Will Not Die)
        Daemonic possession, Havoc launcher (12pts), Power Fist

* Havocs (118pts) 
        4x Autocannon (40pts), 4x Havoc (52pts)
        * Aspiring Champion (26pts) 
            CCW, Combi-bolter (3pts)

The list has a little bit of everything. Three beefy scoring units, with the Khorne marines especially geared for wrecking face and assaulting vehicles. TSons for character assassination, Heldrakes for anti-infantry strafing runs, Havocs for long-range support and AA, and a Defiler for not only punching things in the face but bombarding distant scoring positions with the battle cannon. Mostly I wanted to ensure each of the Dark Gods was represented; taking CSMs marked by Khorne instead of Berzerkers gives me a third scoring unit (and one that's difficult to assault), while taking TSons with the icon means their inferno bolts will be super-effective. At least, that's how it looks on paper.

beerad
Nov 26, 2012

Not a viking posted:

They just throw his tanks treads in the trunk http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091003/

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phyresis posted:

Welp. I'll have to wait and see what the wargear options are before I start chopping dudes up. Hopefully all my current wargear is still legal, because I don't want to mangle that many dudes.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Naramyth posted:

:ninja: e: After rereading this I am sounding much harsher then I intend. I don't mean it bro. :glomp:
Thanks for the review. I like getting advice since I'm always looking to improve.

I made a new list with 5 squads of 5-GKSS + psycannon (did yours have any other upgrades? Hammer?). I thought I needed something to camp a home objective and something to utilize the "I've been expecting you" power.

After changes I get this:

I lost Coteaz, all the henchmen and Vendetta but gained Nemesis Force Weapons, Marine Statlines, 5 more Assault psycannons, deepstike and warpquake.

The dreadknight was there to be some kind of assault unit (Had none in previous list) and I saw hulksmash do great things with 3 at NOVA. I think I will keep him sine I have lots of longrange shooting and he adds a larger element of threat. He can still deepstrike and be very annoying, I'll miss the 25pt sword but we can't have it all. (Also I only have 2 converted chaos-count-as psyflemen dreads and I have my WIP Alphalegion Dreadknight.)

Overall I like the changes. Tough troops are important and I can't bet on staying out of CC forever, not that 5 GKSS are amazing in assault, more like they don't auto-evaporate.

To drop to 1850 I could loose one GKSS+ride and leaving 45pts for upgrades. Master of the Fleet + Inquisitor P.A. & 2 Servo skulls? Inquisitor Divination + Rad/psychotroke 'nades?

quote:

Dark Angels stuff!
The land speeders look, interesting. Like an over the top shooty version of landspeeder storm. I wonder if they will still have normal speeders. All those Speeders from DA battle forces, useless :v:

Know what would be crazy? If those knights's mauls were +2S AP3. Don't quite look 2x Str but who knows really. That flail might be different too.

Can't wait. (loving those shields, I always thought Storm Shields were too weedy)

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
From the pictures they certainly seem to be the same size as a Thunder Hammer.

I have only been playing again for about 8 weeks now, so I am probably the furthest from a tactician as can be imagined, but I was trying to come up with any situation where I would prefer an S6 AP4 weapon over S8 AP2, and it just didn't work for me. With the 3+ invuln, I would rather weather all my opponents attacks first, then start doubling out MEQ's with no armor save.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Know what would be crazy? If those knights's mauls were +2S AP3. Don't quite look 2x Str but who knows really. That flail might be different too.

Can't wait. (loving those shields, I always thought Storm Shields were too weedy)

I like the look of them, but I'm hoping there isn't too much iconography on them. The shields will be easy to replace, but the rest would suck. I'm hoping to see them in bare plastic soon.

It's hard to make your own chapter when there are embossed icons on everything. The blood angel stuff wasn't too bad, but it's still a pain.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm not hugely impressed with the DA stuff, but as ever that's probably in large part down to the pictures. Belial is in a weird pose, and something seems a little off about the DW, although I can't put my finger on it. The Speeders look silly, and the flyer looks like a kitbashed Lightning using a Storm Talon.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Thanks for the review. I like getting advice since I'm always looking to improve.

I made a new list with 5 squads of 5-GKSS + psycannon (did yours have any other upgrades? Hammer?). I thought I needed something to camp a home objective and something to utilize the "I've been expecting you" power.

After changes I get this:

I lost Coteaz, all the henchmen and Vendetta but gained Nemesis Force Weapons, Marine Statlines, 5 more Assault psycannons, deepstike and warpquake.

The dreadknight was there to be some kind of assault unit (Had none in previous list) and I saw hulksmash do great things with 3 at NOVA. I think I will keep him sine I have lots of longrange shooting and he adds a larger element of threat. He can still deepstrike and be very annoying, I'll miss the 25pt sword but we can't have it all. (Also I only have 2 converted chaos-count-as psyflemen dreads and I have my WIP Alphalegion Dreadknight.)

Overall I like the changes. Tough troops are important and I can't bet on staying out of CC forever, not that 5 GKSS are amazing in assault, more like they don't auto-evaporate.

To drop to 1850 I could loose one GKSS+ride and leaving 45pts for upgrades. Master of the Fleet + Inquisitor P.A. & 2 Servo skulls? Inquisitor Divination + Rad/psychotroke 'nades?)

Home objective camping doesn't matter as much when you can place objectives. Just put them where your army is going to be (midfield) and go stand on them. Even if you have to walk a squad back on turn 4, they should still have something to shoot at since your threat range is still 24".

I don't give my marines anything other then guns. :v:

I think the couple cool things dreadknights can do involve having a Grand Master. A scoring or scouted MC is silly, but without that I still think it should just be another dread. drat I like those conversions, and your dreadknight looks a lot better.

e: those guns are only $8/set and look way better then my "autocannons glued to the lascannon/missile arms" I might have to pick them up. And then I could use the autocannons for havoks! :neckbeard:

I've come to the same conclusion about CC. I'm not going to wreck TH/SS termies or anything, but I can dig out Necron warriors from a bunker pretty handily. :v:

Dropping to 1850, I'd go master of the fleet and servo skulls. Nades and divination would be more appealing if you had a 10 man strike squad, but with 5, meh.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 20, 2012

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lungboy posted:

I'm not hugely impressed with the DA stuff, but as ever that's probably in large part down to the pictures. Belial is in a weird pose, and something seems a little off about the DW, although I can't put my finger on it. The Speeders look silly, and the flyer looks like a kitbashed Lightning using a Storm Talon.

Yeah, Belial looks like he's pigeon-toed or he dislocated his hips or something.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm still gonna preorder a dumb amount of gay bullshit when I get the chance.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Zhent posted:

I was trying to come up with any situation where I would prefer an S6 AP4 weapon over S8 AP2, and it just didn't work for me.
Thunderhammers are unwieldy therefore swing at I1 always. Mauls swing at your Initiative. Also they are like 10-15pts cheaper for many other models. Though I was :allears: about AP3 mauls not AP4. S6 is good enough to wound on 2+ like hammers but would be faster than their AP2 weapons, though missing out on ID and would be smaller vehicle threat.

Naramyth posted:

a)Home objective camping doesn't matter as much when you can place objectives.

b)I think the couple cool things dreadknights can do involve having a Grand Master. A scoring or scouted MC is silly, but without that I still think it should just be another dread. drat I like those conversions, and your dreadknight looks a lot better.

c)e: those guns are only $8/set and look way better then my "autocannons glued to the lascannon/missile arms" I might have to pick them up. And then I could use the autocannons for havoks! :neckbeard:

d)Dropping to 1850, I'd go master of the fleet and servo skulls. Nades and divination would be more appealing if you had a 10 man strike squad, but with 5, meh.
a)I am so used to tournaments like NOVA or Beakycon where objectives and terrain are preset so each round does not take another 15-20min.

b)Thanks for the kind words, it's all I do anymore since I don't play much.

c)You might have to trim the iconic chaos arrow borders if you are using these on loyalist dreads. But other than that, yeah they look very menacing.
EDIT: And it looks like they are cheaper on warstore's website. Weird, warstore has the cheapist bits? http://www.thewarstore.com/product80517.html

d)Sounds good. Do you think a Vendetta is a stronger all comers choice than a baslisk at 1850? With the Master-o-Fleet and 3xServoskulls it frees up 5 points to make the swap.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 20, 2012

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Icon Of Sin posted:

For vanilla SM, Missile Launchers are a pretty alright weapon for Devastators- unfortunately more expensive than BA and SW get them, but not so much so that they're unusable. Plasma Cannons can be nice if you're buying a full 10man squad and splitting up, but it's a very expensive option. None of the other choices are particularly good for Devastators, but Tactical Squads love Multimeltas and Lascannons are alright for them.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

a)I am so used to tournaments like NOVA or Beakycon where objectives and terrain are preset so each round does not take another 15-20min.

c)You might have to trim the iconic chaos arrow borders if you are using these on loyalist dreads. But other than that, yeah they look very menacing.
EDIT: And it looks like they are cheaper on warstore's website. Weird, warstore has the cheapist bits? http://www.thewarstore.com/product80517.html

d)Sounds good. Do you think a Vendetta is a stronger all comers choice than a baslisk at 1850? With the Master-o-Fleet and 3xServoskulls it frees up 5 points to make the swap.

a) That's fair. However how far back are the objectives? Remember you can still threaten units that are 30" away from an objective with Strike Squads and then move back to the objective on turn 4/5.

2) I should really take a photo of my GK. I'm doing this bound ghost knight thing with Justicars as chaos sorcerers. All the tanks are the same chaos-y purple.

Behold, including a bad photo of the razorback my inquisitor rides around in (the trim is usually black)!

Yellow) Good question. I obviously prefer Manticore but a vendetta is also an awesome choice. I would lean more towards blasts just because it's nice for hordes and/or hard to reach threats like other artillery. Also you won't get dicked over by a master of the fleet+strategic warlord that rolled a 5 on the chart so now you come in on 5+. :argh: :smug:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

quote:

Dark Talon: Rift cannnon (no rules sited), hurricane bolters and stasis bomb (one use only, dropped on an enemy for - 3 WS and - 3 I)

Nephilim Fighter: heavy bolters, blacksword missiles (no rules cited, but the battle report later in the issue mentions that the fighter is supposed to be good at taking on enemy flyers, so I guess the missiles are for that), avenger mega bolter/lascannon.

Deathwing Command: multiple options incl. apothecary and standard bearer. A "Champion" wielding the "massive halberd of Caliban" is mentioned and there's a picture (no rules sited).

Deathwing Knights: Terminators with WS5, storm shields, power mauls and special rules, incl. Hammer of
Wrath and "Smite" which makes them strike at S10 AP2 for one round. BTW both DW terminators and the knights can be fielded in units of 10 now! Oh and the DW can take plasma cannon and they have USR "split fire"!!!!

Land Speeder Vengeance: AC/HB, plasma storm battery (mentioned in the battle report to be able to fire either 3 small blasts or 1 large blast, I'm guessing plasma stats).

Darkshroud: HB/AC, Shrouded USR and confers Stealth to allies within 12", and it has a rule that gives units +1 to charge distance (as far as I can read - the picture is quite small and hard to read, so perhaps it's plus 1 to something else).

RW Black Knights: plasma talons (instead of bolters, no rules sited, and not being called twin-linked plasma gun/pistols leads me to believe the rules could be a bit different), corvus hammer (no rules sited, but I guess they are power mauls), they also have the option of a RW grenade launcher.

Sammael: pretty much the same as before, as far as I can tell, though with a 4+ inv.save (which is confered to the land speeder if he chooses that instead) - can't remember if that's new.

Dreadnaught: has option for dual twin-autocannons, venerable dreadnaught has "DW vehicle" rule

Rules mentioned:

DW knights and black knights have a rule called "Inner Circle" and in the battlereport it is mentioned as giving them some form of re-roll in close combat.

New rule called DW Vehicle

DW assault rule is mentioned in the battle report as ensuring a DS in turns 1 or 2 with no dice roll needed, decided by the DA player before the game begins.

The corvus hammer is probably a dual-type weapon, judging from the description in the article. If I had to guess, I'd say that they can use it either as a power sword (pickaxe side) or a power maul (hammer side.)

Deathwing Knights only having power mauls is lame, but one turn of Smite hits should make up for it. Hopefully it's at Initiative and not I1.

e: Oh, and the Land Speeder Vengeance might be pretty good if it's not too many points. Large blast plasma is pretty sweet.

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Normally the tables look like this:

Beakycon mixed it up more, sometimes only 3 objectives in a diagonal and the terrain was not as uniform (for better or worse).

I played with all GKT lists for a while and when I would try to hold an objective I felt like my guns were worthless. Though now I am not hoofing it and I got more scoring bodies.

Now I got to get ~25 chaos marines with stormbolter arms. And I need to figure out how to use these marauders with bolters...

• Locked thread