Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Amused to Death posted:

Man I thought the right-wing was going insane over any possible kind of gun regulation in response to Sandy Hook, boy was I wrong. They're attacking from all angles. The National review published an article blaming Sandy Hook on, well, women.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/12/19/1361521/top-conservative-publication-newtown-happened-because-women-ran-the-school/

I agree with this. Why do you think crime in San Francisco is so bad, especially in the Tenderloin? It's nothing but liberals and the only men there are faggots. At least the bull-dykes might be able to help out a little.

I can't believe the mental gymnastics that some of these "journalists" perform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Remember when they said Nate Silver's math and facts were sissy un manly things and therefore wrong?

The people trying way too hard to be macho are often incompetent cowards and essentially just pansies who think getting all grunty voiced and impulsuve is a substitute for actually using your brain. A lot of them have this delusion because it gets stupidly encouraged by other grunty would be alpha male cowards. To me they are like yappy little yorkies barking constantly about how manly and tough they think they are - when really they are just irritating primadonnas.

Ohh yeahhh, a MAN totally would have powered up and Goku-ed that shooter because penis havers privelege actually causes bullets to curve around them in the air out of sissy fear. Sure sure. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope that people take away from this the fact that people obsessed with machismo are really just insecure fools incompetents and cowards who over rely on male privelege to excuse their royal fuckups when they make tremendously stupid decisions. Male privelege is eroding these days and rightly so - the effect is that it leaves the overly macho idiots looking exactly like the yapping little yorkies they are. I'd take a competent man with a lisp and a sensitive tone over an incompetent boob who thinks straining to speak an octave lower than his natural voice at all times peppering tough guy bullshit into whatever he says will make his lovely ideas magically work.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 20, 2012

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Amused to Death posted:

Man I thought the right-wing was going insane over any possible kind of gun regulation in response to Sandy Hook, boy was I wrong. They're attacking from all angles. The National review published an article blaming Sandy Hook on, well, women.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/12/19/1361521/top-conservative-publication-newtown-happened-because-women-ran-the-school/

drat.

Surprised he couldn't fit a "now get your fat asses back into the kitchen" in that.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Joementum posted:

Fox News interviews Santa, asks him if there's a War on Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XApkZoPM25w

I didn't think it could be nearly as stupid as it sounded.

It was.

e:

Amused to Death posted:

To go even further, in Aurora, one of the most :wtc: stories to come out of it was an unmarried couple were at the theater with their two children, one was like 4-5, the other was an infant, the father was holding the infant. When the shooting began, the mother dove on top of the older child to shield him and got shot in the process, meanwhile the guy just left the baby, ran to his car and drove off. He didn't even find out they all were relatively fine until getting a call from his girlfriend from the hospital later in the day.

Then he asked her to marry him and she said yes. I don't think I could marry someone who leaves a baby behind when fleeing a shooting scene. I mean it's a baby, you don't even have to do anything, you can just run with it in your arms like it's a football.

She said yes?!?! :catstare: He abandoned her and their children and DROVE OFF and she said yes?!?!

Ugh, I hope she did it so for the kids because that's just downright vile.

Ron Paul Atreides fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 20, 2012

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

drat.

Surprised he couldn't fit a "now get your fat asses back into the kitchen" in that.

Actually the worst part about it is it was a she :negative:

But as Joementum posted above, it's not even true. Some of the teachers and custodial staff at the school were shocked to learn that despite having believed they were men their whole life, they just learned from an idiot at the National Review that they are in fact apparently not men.

bobkatt013 posted:

Didn't Columbine have a male teacher die and multiple male students?

To go even further, in Aurora, one of the most :wtc: stories to come out of it was an unmarried couple were at the theater with their two children, one was like 4-5, the other was an infant, the father was holding the infant. When the shooting began, the mother dove on top of the older child to shield him and got shot in the process, meanwhile the guy just left the baby, ran to his car and drove off. He didn't even find out they all were relatively fine until getting a call from his girlfriend from the hospital later in the day.

Then he asked her to marry him and she said yes. I don't think I could marry someone who leaves a baby behind when fleeing a shooting scene. I mean it's a baby, you don't even have to do anything, you can just run with it in your arms like it's a football.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Joementum posted:

Holy poo poo this is worse than you'd expect. "In Australia Santa has to say HA HA HA so as not to offend some gals."

These people really have quite the persecution complex. The crazy thing is all comes down to "If we aren't allowed to bully other groups of people, we're the ones being victimized."

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Rush was just explaining that "they" haven't lost america. Because apparently all the independents in america voted for Romney, but he failed to get his base fired up like Obama. So america is in fact not dead and lost to the republican party.

What is with the "low information voters" code word? I am relatively successful, pay my fair share in taxes without complaint, and work pretty hard and still voted for Obama. Do people like me not exist in El Rushbo's world?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Dirk Pitt posted:

What is with the "low information voters" code word? I am relatively successful, pay my fair share in taxes without complaint, and work pretty hard and still voted for Obama. Do people like me not exist in El Rushbo's world?

I think it refers to white people who voted for Obama. If they just opened their eyes, they'd realize that Obama is the leader of The Gay Communnazi Union and would vote republican.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Amused to Death posted:

Actually the worst part about it is it was a she :negative:

But as Joementum posted above, it's not even true. Some of the teachers and custodial staff at the school were shocked to learn that despite having believed they were men their whole life, they just learned from an idiot at the National Review that they are in fact apparently not men.

That man is literally George Costanza

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
"Low information voters" is just another word for black people, who despite having voted for Clinton in similar fashion only voted for Obama because he is also black.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Dirk Pitt posted:

Rush was just explaining that "they" haven't lost america. Because apparently all the independents in america voted for Romney, but he failed to get his base fired up like Obama. So america is in fact not dead and lost to the republican party.

The "information" is the 14 Words.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I think it refers to white people who voted for Obama. If they just opened their eyes, they'd realize that Obama is the leader of The Gay Communnazi Union and would vote republican.

Yeah, the low information Obama voter. A wise observation Mr. Limbaugh.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah, the low information Obama voter. A wise observation Mr. Limbaugh.

Heh, notice its based on people with college degrees! Of course they vote Obama. Universities are breeding grounds for communist group think! And who says a college degree means you are educated anyways? If you ask me, a real measurement of intelligence would be the states with the highest level of income... poo poo.... or the lowest reliance on tax dollars... poo poo... or technological development... poo poo... or...

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

Heh, notice its based on people with college degrees! Of course they vote Obama. Universities are breeding grounds for communist group think! And who says a college degree means you are educated anyways? If you ask me, a real measurement of intelligence would be the states with the highest level of income... poo poo.... or the lowest reliance on tax dollars... poo poo... or technological development... poo poo... or...

States with the highest level of common sense, duh

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dirk Pitt posted:

Classic GOP well-tainting. Now 'low information' is just a way to call someone who voted for the other guy dumb; instead of people who vote straight ticket, can't find Iraq on a map, and don't know the difference between debt and deficit.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

loving elitist Obama!

By the way, if you don't have a college degree, you don't deserve a job that pays you enough to take your kid to the doctor.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 20, 2012

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Dr Christmas posted:

loving elitist Obama!

By the way, if you don't have a college degree, you don't deserve a job that pas you enough to take your kid to the doctor.

Woah, woah, woah... We can't just give every shmoe with a bachelor's health care, this isn't Candyland!

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Christmas posted:

loving elitist Obama!

By the way, if you don't have a college degree, you don't deserve a job that pays you enough to take your kid to the doctor.

I hear this a lot for people who work in nursing homes.

They don't want people who take care of high risk population to have health insurance or money to go to the doctor.

Just think about that for a minute.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 20, 2012

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Joementum posted:

Oh for crying the gently caress out loud. "The News", ladies and gentlemen.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

I would just like to say that there is a war on Christmas and that it has been going on for years.

I'm fine with it though because it's in retaliation over Christmas invading Thanksgiving and Halloween first. :colbert:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Joementum posted:

I had a good laugh over that belt buckle. It reminds me of those lovely ninja movies where the ninjas have headbands that say "NINJA" on them. And with that I'm never, ever going to watch this or else it will just spoil that absurd bit of joy the preview shot provided.

I hope The Daily Show covers this and responds by having a dude dressed as Jesus on saying how dumb Fox News is.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Lambeth posted:

Okay remember this right wing meme

Well she isn't a teacher

Not only that but read this:

quote:

Israel’s gun control laws are the opposite of America’s, say Israeli officials. “Only those who have a license can bear arms and not everyone can get a license,” the head of the firearms licensing department told the Jerusalem Post. To qualify for a license, Israelis must at least age 21, pass a physical and psychological examination, undergo a background check and then qualify at a licensed shooting range. Gun owners are retested every three years, they get a one-time supply of 50 bullets when they order their weapon, and as of next year, they must keep their gun in a safe.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
Santa Claus here to remind you: keep the Christ in Christmas!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The best part is the constipated look on the hosts' faces that say "HOHOHO i can't believe we're pimping this lame poo poo YET AGAIN those solid gold Lamborghinis better be worth it".

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Zwabu posted:

The best part is the constipated look on the hosts' faces that say "HOHOHO i can't believe we're pimping this lame poo poo YET AGAIN those solid gold Lamborghinis better be worth it".

That's not constipation. That's enjoyment over sitting on the third gigantic butt plug they used as set decorations.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Digging' the butt plugs in the background there.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Chitin posted:

Digging' the butt plugs in the background there.

What about the two butt plugs in the foreground?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Merry Buttplugs, ladies and gentlemen.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Listening to Rush and Sean the past couple days, there's been this weird recurring thing. They keep talking about how Obama is trying to humiliate the Republicans. By refusing to immediately capitulate, Obama's rubbing their noses in it(they always say "it," not "our recent electoral defeat") They both kept playing this same clip of Obama saying that Boehner had conceded the need to let some tax cuts expire. They kept pointing to the word "conceded" as Obama trying to publicly humiliate Boehner

Did they use similar language after Clinton's re-election? I know Democrats didn't sound like this after Bush got re-elected and said he could do whatever he wanted

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

boom boom boom posted:

Did they use similar language after Clinton's re-election? I know Democrats didn't sound like this after Bush got re-elected and said he could do whatever he wanted

Well, considering they had Ken Starr around to dig up dirt I guess their strat then was to play the long, silent con of finding charges to impeach him with rather than yell impotently at the President.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

boom boom boom posted:

Listening to Rush and Sean the past couple days, there's been this weird recurring thing. They keep talking about how Obama is trying to humiliate the Republicans. By refusing to immediately capitulate, Obama's rubbing their noses in it(they always say "it," not "our recent electoral defeat") They both kept playing this same clip of Obama saying that Boehner had conceded the need to let some tax cuts expire. They kept pointing to the word "conceded" as Obama trying to publicly humiliate Boehner

Why would you have to try to humiliate somebody called Boehner?

Rencall
May 30, 2006

My existence is that which you fear.
Reading this thread, does anyone else get the feeling that the American 'left' spends way too much time and effort responding to the Republican party craziness?

Obama was re-elected, and so the Democrat party maintains vast amounts of power. Democratic military leadership nailed Bin laden and has made strides toward healthcare reform, and there's enough support to keep Republicans marginalized for at least a while--maybe a long time.

But despite being the definitive American political party, most of their time is still spent on the defensive because some Tea Bag nutter made something up on FOX.

Maybe this time should be spent instead improving their own party. Democrats desperately need to retake the branding of American patriotism. Right-wing TV and radio somehow holds this badge of honor while being a 'democrat' still has a slightly uneasy ring to it because it's soured by so much propaganda and fighting.

I've been out of the US for a long time, and everywhere else in the world (at least Thailand and West Europe) people think of the Democrats as "Yeah, real America! Hollywood! Cowboys! Obama!" and Republicans as sleazebags and there isn't really much debate about this. I just don't know why these same sentiments are missing in the states.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

I guess the Democrats are perfectly content being seen as the lesser evil while displaying as little actual ideology as possible.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Man who tried to burn down mosque was a fan of Fox News:

quote:

The St. Joe resident, who brought several firearms and gas containers with him to the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo, told Judge Jack Zouhary he had become "riled up" after watching Fox News.

quote:

When asked by the judge if he knew any Muslim or what Islam is, Linn reportedly said, "No, I only know what I hear on Fox News and what I hear on radio."

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Rencall posted:

I've been out of the US for a long time, and everywhere else in the world (at least Thailand and West Europe) people think of the Democrats as "Yeah, real America! Hollywood! Cowboys! Obama!" and Republicans as sleazebags and there isn't really much debate about this. I just don't know why these same sentiments are missing in the states.
I think Dems and many in the beltway continue to buy into the idea that "both sides can work together" because well, gosh darn it, that's the way it should be.

People in DC just haven't faced up to the fact that the GOP has been taken over by crazies and there's no bargaining with them. It's still assumed they can be reasoned with. As long as that possibility exists, the thinking goes, we shouldn't go overboard and write them off, because that would be too aggressive, too uncivil.

Too many of the people running things are operating on outdated assumptions and are avoiding the reality of current politics.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

beatlegs posted:

Too many of the people running things are operating on outdated assumptions and are avoiding the reality of current politics.

That's also because they're old, and political bodies all over the world are ageist. I remember the flak Obama got for being 'inexperienced' while he was already well over 45 when he got elected president and demonstrated himself to be much more in tune with the average American and the modern world than the entire Republican Party put together. Conversely, it was seen as somehow unfair to call McCain's age into question, and it had to be done in coded language ("his health").

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Spacedad posted:

Remember when they said Nate Silver's math and facts were sissy un manly things and therefore wrong?

The people trying way too hard to be macho are often incompetent cowards

As someone who has seen what those kind of guys are like when poo poo hits the fan I would agree this is true about 95% of the time. The raw loving cowardice these people are capable of makes me so loving angry I can't even begin to describe it.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Unicorns bite, but their bites feel GOOD.
The post criticizes Fox News for not mentioning Fox News, but that article is actually an AP article.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This is truly FoxNews.txt on so many levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

beatlegs posted:

I think Dems and many in the beltway continue to buy into the idea that "both sides can work together" because well, gosh darn it, that's the way it should be.

People in DC just haven't faced up to the fact that the GOP has been taken over by crazies and there's no bargaining with them. It's still assumed they can be reasoned with. As long as that possibility exists, the thinking goes, we shouldn't go overboard and write them off, because that would be too aggressive, too uncivil.

As someone living in DC, I assure you, this is not the case.

Most people around here realize how batshit the Republicans are (or at least how batshit a large portion of their base is), the problem is more that Democrats are a much more inclusive party, and as a result, people often disagree (and get no where as a result) on how to do things.