Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

Random Stranger posted:

Bad assumption.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
New pin badges for the Akihabara event. Proceeds go to charity.

Sets of two (0001 & 0002, and 0003 & 0004) for 525 yen.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Do want! All of the pins! :swoon:

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Stuck in a pattern? Story of my life. I need that pin. (and the rest too. :allears:)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

CS?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Consumer Software. It's just an abbreviation the Japanese use to denote Console games from Arcade games.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
Man, I would love ANY one of those. They all look great.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Tyma posted:

Consumer Software. It's just an abbreviation the Japanese use to denote Console games from Arcade games.

Dang. I wouldve totally been down to set up an SA vs Gascoin Counter-strike match.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Communications Satellite. GCCX is on a CS channel, CS SkyPerfecTV. It's a pay channel. Incidentally the USA special aired on BS SkyPerfecTV -- Broadcasting Satellite -- a free channel.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

zari-gani posted:

New pin badges for the Akihabara event. Proceeds go to charity.

Sets of two (0001 & 0002, and 0003 & 0004) for 525 yen.

Since these are known items email me at ORDERS CLOSED if you want me to grab either/both sets for you :) I'll be getting shots of the merch table when I get down there which'll be late Friday night for you USAians.

Please email me with any questions! I cannot handle PMs once I leave my house since the iOS app doesn't do them and Safari makes it a nightmare.

I take PayPal, I'll be collecting payment after I have all the merch bought and in hand and have calculated shipping.

If you want pins please email me as soon as you figure out you want them, on the off chance they don't let me buy a bajillion of them I'll be going down the list chronologically until I run out.

I really don't mind going back for more/different stuff once I get down to the event and see what they have but its much much easier to have a total of all the pins I need to buy before I get down there.

Chococat fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 22, 2012

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Incidentally the USA special aired on BS SkyPerfecTV -- Broadcasting Satellite -- a free channel.

The same thing for the Asia special and any "Bonus Stage" episodes.

TheWanderingNewbie
Oct 12, 2007

Gotta Get Dem Cheevos
So a friend gave me the Retro Game Master DS game yesterday for Christmas, this game has so much personality. It's such a great little game too, it's really upsetting to realize that the sequel will probably never get translated and brought over. :smith:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

There's a fan translation project, but last I heard it was stalled.

(That translation project is to me what the translation of Mother 3 was to my husband, i.e. an impossible thing one can dare not hope will ever be finished.)

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Hey, I think I want to buy some stuff, those pins definitely, but I'm gonna wait to email you until I see what all is there. I'll try to be prompt; how much time will you be around to buy stuff? Thank you for doing this. :)

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 21, 2012

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Not super long, depends on the day since they're calling for rain. I would recommend you send me what you want in pins right now since I don't mind handling a second email later if there's more swag. :)

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

There's a fan translation project, but last I heard it was stalled.

(That translation project is to me what the translation of Mother 3 was to my husband, i.e. an impossible thing one can dare not hope will ever be finished.)

Even Mother 3 was finished eventually, so keep hoping. :unsmith:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Chococat posted:

Since these are known items please email me at ---- if you want me to grab either/both sets for you :) I'll be getting shots of the merch table when I get down there which'll be late Friday night for you USAians.

I'm definitely interested in those pins (at least 1 + 2) and other merch, how do you handle payment/shipping?

Emalde fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 21, 2012

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Please edit out my email, I don't want it quoted for posterity. :( Also email me your order so I can keep everything in order.

I take PayPal, I collect payment after I have all the merch bought and in hand and calculated shipping.

Chococat fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 21, 2012

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Chibs posted:

Even Mother 3 was finished eventually, so keep hoping. :unsmith:
Now it's on to hoping the same for the LP.

My son picked up Kirby's Return to Dream Land at the library the other week and proceeded to tell the kids' librarian, "I met a man in Japan named Arino, and I'm going to beat this game over the weekend like he does." So far this has gone about as well as when Arino exclaims, "Looks like I'll be going home early tonight!"

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

My son picked up Kirby's Return to Dream Land at the library the other week and proceeded to tell the kids' librarian, "I met a man in Japan named Arino, and I'm going to beat this game over the weekend like he does." So far this has gone about as well as when Arino exclaims, "Looks like I'll be going home early tonight!"

You need to tell him that games should be played one hour a day!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Hirayuki posted:

Im sure you already realize this, but your kid is pretty awesome.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Chococat posted:

Not super long, depends on the day since they're calling for rain. I would recommend you send me what you want in pins right now since I don't mind handling a second email later if there's more swag. :)

You are a prince amongst goons.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

You need to tell him that games should be played one hour a day!

Twelve hours a day, unless the kid can hit that fire button with super human speed.

Which fan meet up did you and your son go to?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Which fan meet up did you and your son go to?
I should have clarified that point. We never met Arino in person, just through the GCCX episodes here. He's watched every one in English and a few text-lite eps in Japanese, pretty much every game without real-life weapons. It's a testament to everyone on the SA-GCCX team that he considers Arino a close personal friend (he's six and well smart enough to know better). I hope to take him to the Fuji TV complex the next time we're in town, maybe see if they have a little swag for sale.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

On a special rapid heading down to the event :)

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Swag chart for this event. Please email if interested. Nothing new other than charity pins and it looks like everything that sold out at TGS is gone for good. :(

What $200 in GCCX pins looks like

Chococat fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 22, 2012

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Here are a few larger images of the shirts to help folks out.

USA Hoodie ¥4,620

Rain jacket ¥4,200

King Longsleeve ¥3,465

Anniversary "40's Gamer" ¥3,150

And of course Abe's awesome teatowel ¥840 (not actually a shirt)

Pulled Pork
Jun 11, 2011
The swag...it's...beautiful...

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
This shirt is pretty awesome, but I kinda wish they swapped the sprites so 8-bit Arino is on the front. I still want it, though... :shobon:

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

How big is that shoulder bag?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

So many things... so few ideas of what they are...

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
If you look at Chococat's post history in this thread he posted some things in closeup before. There's a notebook, stickers, little hanging tag thingies, tea towel, and posters for the ambiguous stuff. That one shirt and the tea towel are awesome, but I think the pins are what I want most.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Somebody already broke down the shirts so rows 2-4 are
2: Messenger bag / pins / bandanna
3: Shirt / Battery fan / water bottle / folders / tea towel
4: cellphone stand / led flashlight / a5 notepad folder set / pasmo sticker / map sticker

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

So many things... so few ideas of what they are...
Maybe you should learn Japanese then :smugdog:

But man, the weather is terrible for this. We have to track down 6 staff members in 6 areas around the main Akiba strip, but it's raining and windy. At we managed to run into Producer Kan and got his card.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I'm just dense, I guess. Thanks, y'all. :)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Damnit, I just saw this thread get bumped and wanted to get a longsleeve with my pins. :negative:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
What's the bandana look like up close?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Pixel Kings in White and scattered Pixel Arinos in Yellow with the GCCX logo in one corner and "No Game, No Life" in Yellow in the other corner against a standard black bandana. A little thin as well, but I don't buy bandanas so I don't know how thick/thin they normally are.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Last chance! Email in the next five minutes or forever hold your peace!!

EDIT and done!

Chococat fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

There's been a twitter account set up just for this event. Some pictures there. Looks like the six staff members around Akihabara are Tanii, Urakawa, Itou, Matsui, Tsuruoka, and Takahashi.

The flyer for the event:

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 22, 2012