Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The prototyping functions of the ring never worked for players. We've never established if Red Miles / invisibility could have worked for the players.

Given the One Ring comparisons, I'm wondering if HIC is planning on trying to corrupt Roxy somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Who will play Sam to Roxy's Frodo?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Bell_ posted:

Who will play Sam to Roxy's Frodo?

It's really gotta be Fefeta.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Android Blues posted:

It's really gotta be Fefeta.

Poor sweet Fefeta.

Really though, I hope this means that Roxy can use her new PDA and start hitting on Dad. He is a hottie after all :allears:

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
I wonder if a sprite could use the ring, seeing as how they're technically game constructs

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rooreelooo posted:

I wonder if a sprite could use the ring, seeing as how they're technically game constructs

So are the kids :pseudo:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Rooreelooo posted:

I think it's unlikely, because all that prototyping-juice literally comes from the dividing kernelsprite in the first place. I think it only works on carapace dudes.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Possibly the idea is that she's supposed to remove the ring from the session, void-wise, so that it eventually ends up with Hussie, then Tavros, then John? And then comes back in because that's useful for some reason, maybe something to do with WV? I dunno. To get a clearer idea, we'd maybe have to read that note, or maybe that folder. :argh:

Rykert
Mar 13, 2010
Just so y'all know, this is a thing, which is strangely relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCSnFFPKgLU

Straight miserable.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Possibly the idea is that she's supposed to remove the ring from the session, void-wise, so that it eventually ends up with Hussie, then Tavros, then John? And then comes back in because that's useful for some reason, maybe something to do with WV? I dunno. To get a clearer idea, we'd maybe have to read that note, or maybe that folder. :argh:

So basically, like nearly everything in this whole game, it's a Mobius Double Reacharound [tm].

Oh what am I saying EVERYTHING in this game is important for SOMETHING in either the past, the future, the future past or the past future. Or something.

One running theme of this comic is I'm confused! :psyduck:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think it's clear that DD sent CD with that stuff, elsewise why wasn't it waiting for her with the folder?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

I think it's clear that DD sent CD with that stuff, elsewise why wasn't it waiting for her with the folder?

All we need now is for CD to defy DD for his own purposes. Then CD will be plotting against DD will be plotting against Condesce will be plotting against Lord English. And then Jack's going to gently caress everything up.

:derse:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
A hat with such a high tallness attribute could only be full of penis [umbrella].

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Maybe HIC is doing what Mindfang did with the cueball. Giving it to the Void player so nobody knows where it is.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Freudian posted:

All we need now is for CD to defy DD for his own purposes. Then CD will be plotting against DD will be plotting against Condesce will be plotting against Lord English. And then Jack's going to gently caress everything up.

:derse:

I'm sorry did you just suggest that CD start scheming against someone?

I'm concerned you've missed some of the nuances to his character.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm sorry did you just suggest that CD start scheming against someone?

I'm concerned you've missed some of the nuances to his character.

But don't you see? He is wearing the rumpled hat. The rumpled hat he was specifically ordered to destroy.

IT HAS ALREADY BEGUN.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
CD has a history of keeping hats he's been asked to dispose of.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

CD's plan is to somehow get the trolls' white queen 12-prototype ring and one of the kids' 4-prototype rings into the session and onto the same person, because that will allow him to wear the fanciest hat in all of creation.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

FebrezeNinja posted:

I had to actually look for my calendar to plan next week and I guess we've seen Roxy's dress before last act:

Has the art team mentioned anything about a 2013 calendar or is all WP production dedicated to the Kickstarter for the while?

Dave's wrapping up a box of crayons. :3:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Ariong posted:

And John's using wrapping paper with spiders on it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Suaimhneas posted:

And John's using wrapping paper with spiders on it.

Spiders AND Vriska's eye-thingy. :3:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Technique posted:

That scarf Rose is knitting is a certain shade of green.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

That scarf Rose is knitting is a certain shade of green.

And I think jade has a hermit crab in a terrarium.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I think it's fairly obvious that DD sent her the ring because her void powers can hide it, much like Mindfang hid the magic cue ball with Darkleer. HIC wants it back, Droog isn't about to give it up and knows she probably can't tell one ring from another given that she can't test if it's magic herself.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ariong posted:

Actually, it's probably chalk.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Glory of Arioch posted:

Actually, it's probably chalk.

gently caress

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I'm done with all the major composition work for Rust Apocalypse and related songs and it should see a release sometime in January (once the mastering and album art is finished), so in the meantime I might as well let you all know that I've reopened my commissions with a few minor adjustments.

And just to let you guys know, I'll be selling the Rust Apocalypse EP as pretty much unrelated to Homestuck so as not to rely on any of Hussie's IP, just to be on the safe side, but I hope it's all right if I promote it here anyway when it's done.

And speaking of music/musicians related to Homestuck, not a mention that Michael Guy Bowman's new album is out?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Technique posted:

Which Cage movie is he wrapping up there? (I never realized it was Vriska's 7-spot pupil rather than a snowflake until just now. :3:)

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Thundarr posted:

Which Cage movie is he wrapping up there? (I never realized it was Vriska's 7-spot pupil rather than a snowflake until just now. :3:)

Actually it is just a snowflake. The movie is Bad Lieutenant, there is also another movie under that one, but it is not identifiable.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There is a mystery here. How the hell did the Droll manage to sit on a hat twice as tall as he is?

I have used powerful hat uncrumplifying visualizer to get a glimpse at the Droll's hat before it was ruined, and it truly was a thing of beauty and glory.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Are you trying to imply it isn't more beautiful and glorious in its current rumpled state?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
All I'm saying is that he has dishonored his ancestors beyond comprehension with this frivolous accessory.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Cat Mattress posted:

There is a mystery here. How the hell did the Droll manage to sit on a hat twice as tall as he is?

Very carefully.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh god, I can't believe I never noticed all that patron troll stuff in that Christmas picture before. 2:3:4me

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Technique posted:

Very carefully.
you mean the COURTYARD Droll? He wants to be sure this is the same droll you're talking about.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
It's Happening.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

tinaun posted:

It's Happening.

What the hell I was looking at that comic on break at work today and didn't notice!

I'm double checking tomorrow if the paper's still there

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

tinaun posted:

It's Happening.

Does this mean that Weirdly is going to get the death penalty? :ohdear:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

tinaun posted:

It's Happening.

Total. Global. Calibration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Update. Lil' Hal Junior. :allears:

Also we are literally about a panel or two away from seeing Dirk's sprite. I'm not sure whether to be excited...or worried. :ohdear: