Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

This seems somewhat relevant to the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Optimus Subprime posted:

Based on how weird this video is, you never know if Chuck might find the whole thing hilarious...

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2012/12/21/20121220-top5-inside4.nba

Posted last page actually. :shobon:

Barkley 1 was awesome, and I expect this to be just as great, so I just dropped $25.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
This needs to get to $200k to licence the Space Jam theme. Tell your friends, tell your family. Give generously this Christmas. I can't want for this game.

memomi
Dec 16, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

madeupfred posted:

Is there going to be button mapping in Barkley 2?

It has joystick and controller support, so I assume that's a given.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

memomi posted:

It has joystick and controller support, so I assume that's a given.

You'd be surprised.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Roobanguy posted:

Posted last page actually. :shobon:

Barkley 1 was awesome, and I expect this to be just as great, so I just dropped $25.

Whoopsie! Guess I missed it.

I wonder how much money is going to be spent on this when people get Christmas money.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Chef, are you guys going to contact any news sites in the next few days? From what I've heard in the Kickstarter thread, it can work out quite well, and from what I've seen most of them haven't covered Barkley 2 since the initial "breaks funding goal in under 24 hours" story.

The Super Bowl commercial goal and Space Jam theme one, combined with the fact that the Kickstarter is ending in a few days, would probably due as good hooks for most of the sites in their news update.

Plus, I'm sure the guys unlucky enough to be updating over the holidays would kill for a quick and easy story to fill their quota.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Well, like half of us have gotten violently ill and are basically incapacitated so we can't do much of anything right now. I wanted to post an update yesterday but I was too busy barfing, so that's part of it. But the other thing is that I just don't feel comfortable milking this for every last dime. It's why we've only posted 4 updates, because we don't want to saturate your inboxes, and why I think we've been comparatively low key. It would be cool if journalists wanted to post it of their own volition, but we don't want to pimp the game out.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

You'd be surprised.
Also, in response to madeupfred's post, yeah, it probably will. We're going to have to spend a lot of time on the controls because right now they're really bad and it feels like playing a roguelike, but in the end you will be able to change keys.

Chef Boyardee fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 23, 2012

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
WASD plus mouse for TDM, possibly arrows for T/S players.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
+ candy, class abilities, accessories, gun's changing, menu, equipping and removing gun's, sprinting. It's a lot of stuff but we'll slim it down.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Increase my pledge from 25 to 75 dollars! I want that Throat - no, I want Animated Cutscenes!

Chef Boyardee posted:

But the other thing is that I just don't feel comfortable milking this for every last dime. It's why we've only posted 4 updates, because we don't want to saturate your inboxes, and why I think we've been comparatively low key. It would be cool if journalists wanted to post it of their own volition, but we don't want to pimp the game out.

Just saying this feels like imposing a huge weight upon you, but your last game was so good and your future game so theoretically good that I feel there is a mandate, an imperative laid on all of Tales of Games' to create the best game possible, using as many neo-shekels as are available.

Half of Dracula fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 23, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I've been replaying the game making all the "evil" decisions, because I wanted to see this "hell" area I've heard about and seen in the game files. Yet when I die I see nothing of the sort. What did I do wrong? Was I supposed to side with the genies? Because my friend said that the outcome of that quest didn't matter for this, so I sided with the dwarves for the glorious Shrekmono. Hell, I even was a dick to the guy next door to Jawanna, and felt like a huge douche about it.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Have you gone to the B-Ball Dimension yet?

Also deathtemple in hell is not worth seeing!!!

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I've been replaying the game making all the "evil" decisions, because I wanted to see this "hell" area I've heard about and seen in the game files. Yet when I die I see nothing of the sort. What did I do wrong? Was I supposed to side with the genies? Because my friend said that the outcome of that quest didn't matter for this, so I sided with the dwarves for the glorious Shrekmono. Hell, I even was a dick to the guy next door to Jawanna, and felt like a huge douche about it.

You have to die

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Chef Boyardee posted:

Have you gone to the B-Ball Dimension yet?

Also deathtemple in hell is not worth seeing!!!

Yes I've been to the B-Ball Dimension. I tried purposely dying to Jordan but nothing happened. Does going to the B-Ball Dimension make it not happen anymore?

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Well you have to talk to Dick Vitale in the B-Ball Dimension, which is a place some people don't go. You also have to refuse to give that guy in Liberty Island whatever that thing he wants is.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
That dude was weird.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Well that was totally worth it. If I hadn't already backed at Cyberdakimakura tier, I would have bumped it up just for Mr. 3000 and the ending to the Sonic the Hedgehog quiz. I guess this would warrant me bumping up to $150, but I'm a college student and $100 is a huge enough egregious waste of my limited money.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I suppose this is also semi-related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9_Mgu_cpUI

Scambl
Jun 1, 2007

Anything you can do, Neil Gaiman can do better.

Optimus Subprime posted:

Based on how weird this video is, you never know if Chuck might find the whole thing hilarious...

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2012/12/21/20121220-top5-inside4.nba

I've never seen a celebrity so obviously and unashamedly drunk in a video before. Wondering how this will fit into the complex and canon story of the Barkley universe.

Wow... While this is kinda funny, it makes you think. Why?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I bought in at the $100 level. Barkley Gaiden is easily the funniest game I have ever played. On top of that it was actually a good game and fun to play. And I want a Cyberdwarf body pillow very badly.

I actually just started playing through Barkley Gaiden with some friends a couple of weeks ago. We each picked a character and are reading their lines. The biggest problem with this is we end up cracking the hell up constantly. It's still an unbelievably funny game and solid as hell almost 5 years on.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Scambl posted:

Wow... While this is kinda funny, it makes you think. Why?

It's not the only one, either.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I downloaded the first game's to ready myself for this but never managed to get it to work : the first loading in Barkley's apartment goes on for ever. Am I missing something ? Couldn't find anyone else whining about that on google's so I'm wondering.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Chef Boyardee posted:

Well, like half of us have gotten violently ill and are basically incapacitated so we can't do much of anything right now. I wanted to post an update yesterday but I was too busy barfing, so that's part of it. But the other thing is that I just don't feel comfortable milking this for every last dime. It's why we've only posted 4 updates, because we don't want to saturate your inboxes, and why I think we've been comparatively low key. It would be cool if journalists wanted to post it of their own volition, but we don't want to pimp the game out.

Eh, I don't really feel the same way. Updates seem to me something like an obligation to your backers, keeping them in the loop about plans and progress, responding to questions and criticism. When a campaign has less than one update a week, it starts to look like the creator doesn't really care.

Your campaign is on the edge of that. You do respond to a ton of comments, so it's not that bad, but that fact is less apparent at first glance. Plus, it's easy to miss information in comments; full updates also offer you a chance to summarize and respond to these issues together in a place where no one is going to miss it.

I don't think spamming inboxes is really worth worrying about, unless we're talking multiple updates a day outside of the home stretch. Who would pledge to a campaign who didn't want to hear about that project? Edit: and anyway,

Fuschia tude fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Dec 23, 2012

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Scambl posted:

I've never seen a celebrity so obviously and unashamedly drunk in a video before.

You've never seen this then. One might call this technique... The Chaos Drunk.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Ayn Marx posted:

I downloaded the first game's to ready myself for this but never managed to get it to work : the first loading in Barkley's apartment goes on for ever. Am I missing something ? Couldn't find anyone else whining about that on google's so I'm wondering.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but something similar has come up twice. The little basketball isn't a loading icon, it's a text box icon. Try hitting Z or X. If this doesn't work, we will have to investigate this.

Fuschia tude posted:

Eh, I don't really feel the same way. Updates seem to me something like an obligation to your backers, keeping them in the loop about plans and progress, responding to questions and criticism. When a campaign has less than one update a week, it starts to look like the creator doesn't really care.

Your campaign is on the edge of that. You do respond to a ton of comments, so it's not that bad, but that fact is less apparent at first glance. Plus, it's easy to miss information in comments; full updates also offer you a chance to summarize and respond to these issues together in a place where no one is going to miss it.

I don't think spamming inboxes is really worth worrying about, unless we're talking multiple updates a day outside of the home stretch. Who would pledge to a campaign who didn't want to hear about that project?

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from and I agree with it. I'm fairly certain we'll be posting an update later today, it's just that we've been too sick to edit it for the past few days. My problem has been with Kickstarters that post 15-40 updates, which seems like way too many and I never end up reading them. It's really obnoxious and we just don't want to come off in the same way.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Chef Boyardee posted:

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from and I agree with it. I'm fairly certain we'll be posting an update later today, it's just that we've been too sick to edit it for the past few days. My problem has been with Kickstarters that post 15-40 updates, which seems like way too many and I never end up reading them. It's really obnoxious and we just don't want to come off in the same way.

This is just one backer's opinion, but I always appreciate when Kickstarters err on the side of too much information.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Ha, that was it. I had a little basketball on a black screen, so I assumed it was a loading. Hitting Z worked. I feel a bit silly now, thanks for the tip's Chef Boyardee.

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

here's something I made

Warning: May be erotic for Child

The full version fits a DVD case and makes the perfect xmas gift to accompany a kickstarter preorder.

Pork Chops Aplenty fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 23, 2012

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

PUSSY MASTER 007 posted:

here's something I made

Warning: May be erotic for Child

Imgur auto compresses to 1 MB, but if anyone knows of somewhere I can upload it, the full version fits a DVD case and makes the perfect xmas gift to accompany a preorder.

Try min.us

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

thanks

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The FAQ says you have talked to lawyers but how can a man not own the rights to his own name? How can you have sorted out the legal issue of "this game has his goddamn name on it?"

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Krinkle posted:

The FAQ says you have talked to lawyers but how can a man not own the rights to his own name? How can you have sorted out the legal issue of "this game has his goddamn name on it?"

It doesn't have his full name on it, just Barkley.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Better clear that poo poo with Barkley Automotives, as well. :v: :rolleye:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I legally changed my name to Barkley and you are all sued.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
im barkley irl and this game has my seal of approval

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Aw man, just realized that B2G isnt going to be hitting the stretch goal for the spacejam theme, and it would probably be impossible for any sort of grassroots/fan campaign to get the rights to succeed.

Maybe there is still hope of convincing Charles Barkley to allow his name/likeness to be used

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

My eyes glazed over the new name so often I didn't realize it didn't actually say barkley shut up and jam anywhere in there so nevermind!

Popcornicus
Nov 22, 2007

Jesus I can't wait for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Krinkle posted:

I think you'll find that the use of the name 'Charles Barkley' is merely a coincidence, due to the slipshod transliteration of the original Nihongo チャールズ・バークレー (Charusu Bakuri) by idiot gaijin translators who wanted to perform a heinous act of cultural erasure on the glorious Japanese original. If you weren't such a baka you'd know this. Go back to playing your Call of Warfares or Mass Erects (heh) or whatever it is you moronic westerners enjoy.