Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

Ok, so I feel like there's something in Anor Londo's room with all of the drake heads on the wall. Is there?

Other than a shortcut through the level and the Silver Knight armour, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

sector_corrector posted:

Ok, so I feel like there's something in Anor Londo's room with all of the drake heads on the wall. Is there?

A lot of drake heads on the walls.

Ornstein was a dragon hunter, I think. Those are his trophies.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I hope that was on the PS3 or 360 version, since on the PC version you can just use GFWL to see what achievements they have to tell how experienced they are.

sector_corrector posted:

Aside from two chests? No.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Speaking of dragons, is there ever a way to kill that dick of a dragon back in the Parish in your first game?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

I'm assuming you're on the third floor. There's a way to access the lower levels just a little bit later.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Vanderdeath posted:

Speaking of dragons, is there ever a way to kill that dick of a dragon back in the Parish in your first game?

You can lure him down by hanging out in the cubby by the stairs on the bridge and then fight him, or just snipe him bit by bit from under the bridge. It's not worth the effort though.

Unfortunately I think all the dragons you can "kill" in this game are either already dead or not actually dragons, but rather their shittier cousins, the drakes. The real dragons are probably more like the Stone Dragon in Ash Lake, and he cannot be killed, just have his tail severed.

edit: Oh well there's Seath but he barely counts.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Great Horny Toads! posted:

I killed Patches in the Catacombs. Also, that guy that sells the weirdo gear in the sewers. Toads, quit being stupid. :argh:

Oh, well, that is a shame.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Vanderdeath posted:

I hate you right now. A two minute comic demonstrating what happened.

The Tomb of Giants; or The Ladder to the Atramentous Abyss - An Act in Two Parts

The monstrous Pinwheel art vanquished! What awaits our hero?

"...gently caress."

This rules :allears:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Unfortunately I think all the dragons you can "kill" in this game are either already dead or not actually dragons, but rather their shittier cousins, the drakes.
edit: Oh well there's Seath but he barely counts.

'Hellkite' is an occasionally used substitute for Dragon/Drake, in fact. I hate that stupid red jerk. I've had a few characters be unable to pass the bridge because of his insta-kill hobby.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
There's also Kalameet~
And the Hydras and Undead Dragons, if you count them.

Also, Dragonbros.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hydras are definitely not dragons. Is Kalameet a real dragon?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Kalameet is definitely a real dragon, but kinda weird as a dragon what has three eyes.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Whoa, buddy. Why do you have to get all dragon racist on the hydras?
I'm pretty sure Gough describes Kalameet as one of the last dragons. I can't really remember, though.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Nahxela posted:

Whoa, buddy. Why do you have to get all dragon racist on the hydras?
I'm pretty sure Gough describes Kalameet as one of the last dragons. I can't really remember, though.

I must have missed that line! Okay. Well it's interesting that you can kill a dragon.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Seath is also a dragon. He's just a flabby, fleshy type one. :saddowns:

Nerd dragons don't need scales, only books! Lots of books!

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Maybe the Everlasting Dragons are to the killable dragons as Gwyn, Nito and the Witch are to humanity; some sort of Ur version that's upscaled big time.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
There was a developer interview where they said that true dragons are elemental creatures. They are half alive, half stone.

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
Well, gently caress. Now, I want to just start over and not be a dink to superchill NPC bros.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Well, gently caress. Now, I want to just start over and not be a dink to superchill NPC bros.

The secret to whether or not you should kill someone is rather simple. Are they walking towards you? Kill them. Are they just standing there? Leave em be and talk to em.

No friendly NPC moves, they wait for you to come to them.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

edit: Oswald nearly caught a sword to the face the first time I saw him and I'm thankful my attack missed. Also, why are all of the characters from Carim absolute dicks?

Don't feel bad, my friend who started playing has pissed off Andre and is now trying to save up 10k souls for Oswald but he keeps losing them from dying. He's paying the price for his insolence.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I straight up murdered Oswald on my first playthrough because the Talk prompt didn't pop up right away. I was having a minor panic attack.

Also, I kind of liked the Crestfallen Warrior, but for the last few characters I've started(I have alt-itis I think) I've been pretty sick of his poo poo and have just killed him. I wonder if anything happens if you kill him in Demon's Souls.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I straight up murdered Oswald on my first playthrough because the Talk prompt didn't pop up right away. I was having a minor panic attack.

Also, I kind of liked the Crestfallen Warrior, but for the last few characters I've started(I have alt-itis I think) I've been pretty sick of his poo poo and have just killed him. I wonder if anything happens if you kill him in Demon's Souls.

I don't even talk to him or Rickert anymore. Rickert only if I have to with an intelligence character, and I try to do it as little as possible.

I feel bad about Rickert though, trapped in there, waiting for someone to bring him something to do. Screw the Crestfallen Warrior though. Dudes a jerk, I won't even give him the satisfaction of going hollow.

UnholyCow
Oct 6, 2005

Not really, he eventually gives up and permanently dies even if you don't attack him. I think he even leaves a soul item behind.

Arvannies
Apr 13, 2005
I smacked the female merchant upside the head the first time I saw her. I popped into the shortcut from lower undead and the camera panned just right so I caught a glimpse of her. Serves her right for looking all creepy and sitting in a blind corner. I'm pretty sure the only thing that saved her were the bars.

Not an Owl
Oct 29, 2011
Graaagggghhh I am having so much trouble with Seath. He is literally the easiest boss I've fought so far until he uses the curse-crystal type move in a circle around him. The only way I can think to dodge it is to roll backwards, and he always backs me into a corner before he uses it, so I just instantly die.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Not an Owl posted:

Graaagggghhh I am having so much trouble with Seath. He is literally the easiest boss I've fought so far until he uses the curse-crystal type move in a circle around him. The only way I can think to dodge it is to roll backwards, and he always backs me into a corner before he uses it, so I just instantly die.

It really helps if you have something like the Antiquated or Dingy set on, and if you can, the cursebite ring.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
The Bloodshield from the Painted World. It's on the bridge with the dragon. It has hella resists.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

OniKun posted:

I just got invaded in the depths while sitting at the bonfire.

Got up to let my girlfriend out and I come back to nearly no health and some guy punching me over and over again. Dammit.

I'm a couple days late but there's a reason i always always always keep Chameleon attuned and a catalyst ready. Hide and AFK while some Darkmoon scampers around looking for me

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

GNU Order posted:

I'm a couple days late but there's a reason i always always always keep Chameleon attuned and a catalyst ready. Hide and AFK while some Darkmoon scampers around looking for me

I usually just hide in an obscure corner, but that's even better. It's SO hard to find people who are determined to hide with Chameleon

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
That's why i roll through all objects

The guilty must pay the price :unsmigghh:

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I accidentally shanked the first person I ever spoke to for the same reason. :smith:

He seemed so depressed by the betrayal

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Whether sitting down, or standing with arms outstretched, or working on steel, the best choice is to attack immediately. It's you or them, how can you be sure they aren't going to jump up and kill you? And standing there with wide-open arms, that's a universally threatening stance.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shima Honnou posted:

Whether sitting down, or standing with arms outstretched, or working on steel, the best choice is to attack immediately. It's you or them, how can you be sure they aren't going to jump up and kill you? And standing there with wide-open arms, that's a universally threatening stance.

Certainly. See this ukiyo-e depiction of my battle with Oswald.

That's him on the left. Wouldn't you be threatened?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I need help with the game...

I can't get it to launch AT ALL. Games for Windows Live won't install for some reason. data.exe and darksouls.exe load into the task manager buy never go past 3MB/1MB of usage and data.exe uses 13% consistently.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I spent so long trying to hit that Titanite Demon in Anor Londo from above with magic and failing that I'm almost annoyed to have figured out that you can hit him with sunbro lightning from that same angle fairly easily.

45 is a decent level to drop your sign for O+S, right? I haven't had much luck getting bites, and I only need two more medals.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
There's a really easy way to tell when someone is a non-hostile NPC. If you can't lock onto someone, they're not trying to shank you.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I wonder how long this took to build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpE_8toZ8No

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Just met a nice Japanese player who invaded and killed me in the archives twice, then dropped a summon sign to help me out.

Cheers to Elys Vampire.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

SlayVus posted:

I need help with the game...

I can't get it to launch AT ALL. Games for Windows Live won't install for some reason. data.exe and darksouls.exe load into the task manager buy never go past 3MB/1MB of usage and data.exe uses 13% consistently.

Got in game finally. Now the screen is all hosed in game. The HUD is like it should be, but the game is all squished in the top left corner with black every else and I can see my mouse cursor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Alright, after having a hollow warrior duel with someone, I'm really tempted to try and play through the entire game as one.

• Locked thread