Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

...! posted:

Just noticed that on one of GOG's recent news updates they said that EA games will not go lower during the sale than they are now. If you're waiting for an EA game, you might as well go ahead and buy it.

To help people identify which these are: http://www.gog.com/catalogue?search=Electronic+Arts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

gently caress it, I now own all of Ultima. Will I play the first three? Probably not. Played the hell out of 6 and 7/7.2 in the early/mid 90's. Dabbled with 8. Will I complete it? Probably not. Will I put much time into 9? Probably not. Thanks GOG, I have more on my virtual shelf (read: a different assortment of pixel colours now).

EDIT: Anyone interested in trading Arcanum for Alpha Centauri (I have an extra Arcanum, want AC)?

Minister of Chance
Apr 6, 2011
Argh, I was waiting for the Soul Reaver games to come in a bundle and suddenly they aren't discounted anymore.
I'm sad now :(

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

The GOG newsletter poem is very :3

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What bums me out is that I missed the giant sierra adventure pack sale when I was setting up my gog account - any chance that will be repeated?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I really hate that they're just doing all of the sales they blasted us with during the End of the World thing.

Though, I really want this city builder pack but I don't want any of the Lords games.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

Deakul posted:

I really hate that they're just doing all of the sales they blasted us with during the End of the World thing.

Though, I really want this city builder pack but I don't want any of the Lords games.

I remember Lords of the Realm 2 and Lords of Magic being good. Never played Lords 1 or 3. Isn't 3 the one with the tower-climbing wolves? It looks terrible, but the other ones are worth a try.

edit: I wish they got Emperor before doing this sale.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mr. why posted:

I remember Lords of the Realm 2 and Lords of Magic being good. Never played Lords 1 or 3. Isn't 3 the one with the tower-climbing wolves? It looks terrible, but the other ones are worth a try.

edit: I wish they got Emperor before doing this sale.

That's all well and good but they just don't look like games that I'd ever bother playing.

And yeah, I'm baffled that they don't have Emperor.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Deakul posted:

That's all well and good but they just don't look like games that I'd ever bother playing.

And yeah, I'm baffled that they don't have Emperor.

I bought Emperor on a bundle pack at a Sam's club a long time ago, now i can't find the drat thing. It's a game I've been meaning to revisit if I could find it.

Also Lords of Magic. Didn't that game get like a 1/10 from Computer Gaming World? I tried the demo and it was not a good time.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
nevermind!

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 24, 2012

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The "wolves climbing up towers" game is Stronghold 3, not Lords of the Realm.

I also remember Lords of Magic being really panned by CGW when it came out, but supposedly they released a sort of Gold Edition for it later on that fixed most of its issues, though I don't know how much better the game ever got since CGW never re-reviewed it. I'm pretty sure the GOG version has all of those improvements.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

jivjov posted:

GOG's Ultima collection is not complete...not until we get Escape from Mt. Drash and Akalabeth in there.
Never even heard of Escape from Mt. Drash. Akalabeth I can live without ha. Was pretty god damned great for 1980 though!

Really excited for Alien Crossfire!

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 24, 2012

Pottsdam
Sep 11, 2000

MY MEAT!
MY MEAAAATTTTT!
I think they just meant the EA games with the expansion packs won't have a daily bundle. The Bullfrog games were part of a bundle and I imagine it'll come back before the sale's over.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Is legend of grimrock any good - looks like something akin to the old "warlock on fire top mountain" books I used to read as a kid

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Manwithastick posted:

Is legend of grimrock any good - looks like something akin to the old "warlock on fire top mountain" books I used to read as a kid
It's a giant love letter to the old dungeon crawlers such as the Eye of the Beholder and Wizardry series, if you are old enough to remember them. It's definitly worth a purchase if you have the slightest interest in this genre.

jvempire
May 10, 2009

Minister of Chance posted:

Argh, I was waiting for the Soul Reaver games to come in a bundle and suddenly they aren't discounted anymore.
I'm sad now :(
Yeh, Startopia isn't discounted anymore. I guess I should jump on the other games on my wishlist.

Also GoG's Holiday Wishes poem does rule.

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
Not sure if it's proper etiquette to plug ones own thread or not, but if people who recently purchased the Thief series are looking for some guidance, this thread shoul help you out.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3524495

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Manwithastick posted:

What bums me out is that I missed the giant sierra adventure pack sale when I was setting up my gog account - any chance that will be repeated?
If it was on that end of the world sale and not a daily on its own then it will be repeated.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Manwithastick posted:

It's a modern reworking of Dungeon Master with pretty graphics, automap, and a slightly more sophisticated skill system. It's realtime but you move by squares and can only rotate to face 90 degree increments. You control a party of four characters who move as a unit.

It's really light on story, mostly the gameplay is split between exploration, combat, and fairly simple puzzles involving switches, pressure plates, teleporters, etc.

I like it a lot, though I was a HUGE Dungeon Master fan back in the day.

Also it's available as part of the current Humble Indie Bundle for the next 8 days, as a direct download or a Steam key.

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

Bought Two Worlds: Epic Edition for a laugh, and so far it's provided more than one of those (along with more than one "what the gently caress is this and what the hell am I doing" reaction).

This might be the worst, most ridiculous game I have ever paid money for, and I love it.

Once you get past the ridiculous dialogue and hammy voice acting (and some of the weirdly deformed human models), Two Worlds is a surprisingly good open-world RPG. The game world is fun to explore, the lack of enemy level scaling is refreshing, and some of the quests have more flavor and nuance than is typical for most cookie-cutter fantasy gams.

h_double fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 25, 2012

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

http://www.gog.com/promo/dungeons___dragons_deal

Ohhhhh poo poo, there it is.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
If anyone's planning on buying this and has extra copies of Baldur's Gate 1+2, let me know.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Hnng, complete it for $7.47... but I... I DON'T WANT NWN... I ALREADY IT ON DVD!

gently caress.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Deakul posted:

Hnng, complete it for $7.47... but I... I DON'T WANT NWN... I ALREADY IT ON DVD!

gently caress.

And I've already beaten it before, too. :(

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

Armor-Piercing posted:

This situation is so terrible. I'm not saying I blame this thread, but I blame this thread.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I already own the whole thing but the only one I've even touched in BG2 :v: I should probably fix that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

jvempire posted:

Yeh, Startopia isn't discounted anymore. I guess I should jump on the other games on my wishlist.

Also GoG's Holiday Wishes poem does rule.

All Square Enix owned games stopped their discount the 19th of December.

Mechanical mandible
Aug 4, 2007

Armor-Piercing posted:

On the other hand...

:allears:
(I've never played any of them)

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
We're all jealous of you. I wish I could play those games for the first time again.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Is Dragonshard any good? It's the only one I don't have.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
This sale reminded me that I own Planescape and haven't played it yet. I was looking at the mod guide for it, and Bigg's Widescreen Mod doesn't seem to be up anymore. Does anyone know where I could find it?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Is Dragonshard any good? It's the only one I don't have.

That is also the only one in that group that I have not played (though I do have it on GOG). Much like Demon Stone, Dragonshard is also kind of the third cousin, twice removed of the group, but I actually had that on a disc that I bought in a bargain bin somewhere years ago, and I thought that it was a rather enjoyable high-action romp. A good bit of light entertainment, I'd say.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh hey, another bundle I own completely before this sale started :negative:

Wondering if Screamer 2, Shadow Warrior and MoH Warchest will get ever a deeper discount because I know that I'm buying them anyways before the sale ends, so better if i can scratch that price a bit more.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Guillermus posted:

Oh hey, another bundle I own completely before this sale started :negative:

Wondering if Screamer 2, Shadow Warrior and MoH Warchest will get ever a deeper discount because I know that I'm buying them anyways before the sale ends, so better if i can scratch that price a bit more.

I hate to break it to you, but MoH Warchest (which was also on my short list) was on a 75% daily deal back on the 19th when there were something like 20 daily deals at once. That said, all of the previous dailies were relaunched that day and it is entirely possible that the bundle that MoH was in will come around again. I am forcing myself not to buy any non-daily games until the morning of 2 January when the last daily gets posted (I am also keen on Shadow Warrior). By my count, there will be 7 more daily deals before this promotion ends (27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 1 Jan, 2 Jan), so I would encourage you to be patient.

What I am interested to see is this: As I understand it, the last daily deal will go live on 2 January at 15h00 GMT, and 24 hours later the holiday promotions will end for the year. 3 January is a Thursday, and GOG normally does a weekend promo every weekend that isn't part of some larger longer-term promotion. I am wondering if they are going to do this on the first weekend of January, or just take a weekend off on the heels of this weeks-long megasale. If I had to guess, I would say that there will be a new promotion that weekend, as they did right after Thanksgiving in the US (if memory serves).

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
I bought some GOG keys to give away as Christmas presents but I kind of forgot, so let's do this now. Didn't find a thread specifically for GOG gifts so I hope it's okay to do this here.

2x Faster than Light
1x The Witcher 2

If anyone is interested in one of these just tell me how I can contact you. PMs are fine. Merry Christmas!

e: Gift codes have all been sent. Enjoy!

Entenzahn fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 27, 2012

EBT
Oct 29, 2005

by Ralp
Holy crap this game is just amazing.

EBT fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 27, 2012

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JustJeff88 posted:

I hate to break it to you, but MoH Warchest (which was also on my short list) was on a 75% daily deal back on the 19th

Gah, i was on a 24h shift and couldn't check it. Thanks for the heads up, lets hope it gets a sale again because I'm buying it anyways. I still play my CD version and installing the other two expansion packs and patching all up is really annoying.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I'd like FTL, please. You can PM me.

EDIT: I got the code :woop:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 27, 2012

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Entenzahn posted:

I bought some GOG keys to give away as Christmas presents but I kind of forgot, so let's do this now. Didn't find a thread specifically for GOG gifts so I hope it's okay to do this here.

2x Faster than Light
1x The Witcher 2

If anyone is interested in one of these just tell me how I can contact you. PMs are fine. Merry Christmas!

I meant to post these yesterday, but better late than never I suppose. Happy Boxing Day to all, hope you had a pleasant Crimbo, etc - I have free GOG games

Divine Divinity 4NFX-YK3M-3W4Y-BJG4
Duke Nukem 3D (is this still free?) SCQF-LM6D-GPG9-CPDT
Interplay Grab Bag (Descent & Descent 2, Descent 3 & Expansion, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Battle Chess) SCQF-LM6D-GPG9-CPDT

In the last case, I am pretty sure that when redeeming multi-game gifts any duplicate games are "lost" (correct me if I am wrong), so please do not cash in that code unless you need all of those games. If I am wrong, please regift the leftovers.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Your Interplay and DN3D keys are the same, so I don't think anyone snagging one or two games will be a problem.

Also, and I do not know offhand if this is true, but I believe someone said the key will contain the unclaimed games until all used up on GoG stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Smol posted:

We're all jealous of you.
I don't really envy anyone who has to put up with the train wrecks that are the earlier D&D editions in this day and age.

I kind of wish I'd at least played the BG games back when they were new, as I'd probably have found them tolerable back then. Today though? Not a chance. Didn't keep me from buying both BG editions and IWD before realising as much, of course. :sigh: