Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

epitasis posted:

Interesting that the catalog page there lists all the sub-$5 Darksiders II DLC but the promo email says it has to be $5 and up. I tried both the Death Rides and Argul's Tomb things and neither applied the credit when I went to checkout (I'd buy that pack but I already bought the Season Pass in a previous sale and I don't wanna double-dip on that and pay ~$8 for all those weapon downloads).

I just fixed this, there was some bloat on the pages, gone now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
I don't know if I missed it in the thread already, but has anyone had Sonic Generations actually show up at the $7.49 price listed in the OP? I've only ever seen it for 15, wasn't sure if it was just a pricing error there.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Rueish posted:

I don't know if I missed it in the thread already, but has anyone had Sonic Generations actually show up at the $7.49 price listed in the OP? I've only ever seen it for 15, wasn't sure if it was just a pricing error there.

12/16-12/17. Checking what dates I'm showing in the OP.

e: My stubby cheeto talons caused me to fat finger error a '2' instead of a '1' in 12/17.

Sorry about that.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Dear Santa Tony, is there a new set of deals for today? :D

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

AmazonTony posted:

We changed the GW2 Deal...

$30, now *that* I can do :) Thanks Tony for all your hard work, and Merry Christmas!

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
Aah, it's no problem. I figured that would be the case anyway, oh well.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Happy Holidays to Tony and my fellow Goons. I just bought NBA2K13! Can't wait to play it later today

Pistol Packin Poet fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 25, 2012

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Kin posted:

Dear Santa Tony, is there a new set of deals for today? :D

Hey man,

Sorry I don't have time to doll this up with links but all this can be found on our sale page:

Landing Page

It is 6AM here and I have to crash. Traveling all day tomorrow (today).

12/25-12/27:

Dreamcast Pack - Steam - -__-4.99
Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack - Non Steam - 4.875
Dreamcast Pack - Steam - 4.99
Sega Action Only Pack - Non Steam -19.9329
Sega Arcade Collection - Non Steam - 13.7885
Sonic Action Pack - Non Steam -24.768
Football Manager 2013 - Steam - 19.99
Sega Action only pack - Steam - 19.9329
Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack - Steam - 4.875
Sonic Action Pack - Steam - 24.768
Total War Bundle + Viking + TW Battles - Non Steam - 21.7395
Total War Bundle + Viking + TW Battles - Steam - 21.7395

12/25 only:

Guild Wars 2 - $29.99

NBA 2K13 - $14.99

Borderlands 2 - $29.99

Borderlands 2 4 Pack - $89.99

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - $24.99

Tantalizing THQ Medley

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - $47.99

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I've spent under $25 and have Lego lord of the rings, scribblenaughts and the darksiders pack, so thanks Amazon Tony!

I also found out that almost $ 300 that amazon owed me two years ago, which I gave up on after 6 months of fighting, hadnt been lost to the banking system after all. It was a credit on my .com account, which being British I don't use. So I still have over $250 for later offers and future sales!

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Is there anything heading down the pipes that I can use this $5 THQ coupon on? I'm aware of the Darksiders thing and the Metro/Stalker/Homeland/whatever bundle and neither one really grabs me.

e: oh it's today only. Hm.

Arnold of Soissons fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Dec 25, 2012

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Well I would recommend the Metro/Stalker one because both those games alone are worth that price separately, let alone together, along with others.

As for games, I bought the Bioshock bundle for my brother who I just discovered has somehow not played Bioshock and when I got the games in my account I only had a Steam key for Bioshock 2, checking Amazon you can definitely buy Bioshock and get a key for Steam, but for some reason this bundle only gave me a key for 2, will I just have to contact support to get a key or am I being blind and missing it somewhere?

Hopefully the same doesn't happen with that Bioshock/Spec-Ops bundle, because I'm buying that to tie B1 to my Steam account and try out Spec which is apparently interesting at the very least.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Is Saints Row 2 Steam? I'm on my mobile due to Christmas and it's hard to see.

If not I might just use my THQ credit on a SR3 Complete despite owning the base game from the Humble Bundle, just for all dat DLC.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

PoshAlligator posted:

If not I might just use my THQ credit on a SR3 Complete despite owning the base game from the Humble Bundle, just for all dat DLC.

Yes it is, steamworks in fact, amazon sells it real cheap too.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Balobam posted:

Well I would recommend the Metro/Stalker one because both those games alone are worth that price separately, let alone together, along with others.

I already have Metro, RF Guerrilla and Stalker, and I don't want Homeland or the other RF game. It's either $5 for Space Marine or save my $5.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

Arnold of Soissons posted:

I already have Metro, RF Guerrilla and Stalker, and I don't want Homeland or the other RF game. It's either $5 for Space Marine or save my $5.

Or give someone the gift of giant purple dildos this year :kiddo:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Cass posted:

Or give someone the gift of giant purple dildos this year :kiddo:

My wife is insisting that she won't have anything to do with SR3. :saddowns:

Simbyotic
Aug 24, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Red Faction: Armageddon is a surprisingly fun game, it's Magnet Gun is one of the most enjoyable weapon I've used in a while, so much so that I played the whole game with it and barely touched the other weapons. It makes me wish THQ hadn't killed of the franchise.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Tony,

Any chance of a special on Iron Brigade? It wasn't included in Steam's Double Fine daily sale, and is just the winter sale price of $7.50 at the moment.

That's not bad but at a $4-5 I could probably justify buying a few copies for my buddies, at $7.50 its just a bit rich.

If you can do something that would be awesome, if not no worries. Thanks for the awesome sale this year :3:

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Dammit. I didn't get a single coupon. I know I bought Spec Ops!

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Tony,

Sorry if this has been asked, but is the Episodes From Liberty City pack listed here Steam redeemable? The page for GTA IV just by itself say it's Steam-able, but I can't find anything about Steam on the Complete page or the Episodes themselves.

Thanks and Happy Xmas!

edit - also, what's the difference between the Max Payne 3 Season Pass and the Rockstar Pass??

The Machine fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Dec 25, 2012

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

suddenlyissoon posted:

Dammit. I didn't get a single coupon. I know I bought Spec Ops!
I didn't get my THQ coupon until 10:30, so maybe give it a while to get your 2K coupon.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Apparently I have 3 EA coupons but I own all the ones on sale.. Oh well.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 25, 2012

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Tony,

Please take the day off and relax. We won't tell your supervisor. Hang out with your family.

Thanks for all you've given us already.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Hey, is Assassin's Creed 2 not part of the Ubisoft $5 coupon thing? I see the other ones, but 2 seems to be missing from the list and when I manually find it, the coupon won't apply. I'd like to start with the (2nd) first one if possible.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
XCOM for $25? Tony, you magnificent bastard. Another satisfied customer.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

The Tantalizing THQ Medley [Download] appears to be $10 :(

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Tony, while I do still want a Steam key all the time I'm actually buying pretty much everything through Amazon thanks to you. I don't know if comments like this help you keep your job / assist you in praise from your superiors but I buy quite a bit of games and currently I'm doing them all through Amazon that I can and will continue to do so.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

I followed the link from my email, and it said $10 up until the checkout screen. Then the $5 credit was applied automatically.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
If my favorite MMO is LOTRO, would I like The Secret World or GW2 more?

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001

Mozi posted:

GW2 is all around solid. I played the betas of TSW and thought it was mediocre at best. I'd personally recommend GW2.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Are you guys going to be doing anything special with the 360? I got $150 in Amazon giftcards burning a hole in my PJ's!!

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

PoshAlligator posted:

I got Saints Row 2 at that price (on Amazon). Be warned though, as buggy as the 360 version was the PC version is worse. I love SR2, but every time I play it I can't get it to run more than 30 minutes before it crashes.

Quite frustrating.

El Diablo Bob O fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 25, 2012

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".
Hi there, I was wondering if a goon could buy me the 2k strategic pack with their coupon? I will send you paypal money in exchange :D

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Mozi posted:

GW2 is fantastic. It's my first MMO and I've got a stupid embarrassing amount of hours in it. There's an active Goon presence on the Maguuma server. Everyone buy GW2.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Hey tony, are some of the credits still going out? I bought the bioshock pack this year, at least. I wanna buy some discounted jay z games

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Same here, want to pick up that 2k pack! I presume Bioshock was still a 2k game back in May...

Thalamus
Jan 20, 2007

Peace, Brothers & Sisters!
Okay guys, Borderlands 2 or X-Com. Help me decide!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Get X-Com.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Thalamus posted:

You can get BL2 cheaper in a UK 4 pack on Steam, $18.30 for each copy. When it's on sale for 50% off of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Thalamus posted:

Buy other things and then wait until they get a decent discount (on steam or amazon) in summer. :colbert:

• Locked thread