Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Scrappy house for a millionaire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

That's a mantelpiece

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Has this been posted yet?

BBC review of the year with toys.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

The Lego Drogba was great, should've included a Lego John Terry jumping in fully kitted out though.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

am i alone here?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

This is pretty great.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

luvd posted:

This is pretty great.

I can't argue

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I hope Rodallega isn't covering a letter and that does in fact say Keep Calm and rear end me the Ball

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Is anyone else disappointed that someone of his resources and intelligence didn't get a proper one made up. It looks like something scrawled by a Chelsea fan.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

DickEmery posted:

Is anyone else disappointed that someone of his resources and intelligence didn't get a proper one made up. It looks like something scrawled by a Chelsea fan.

Well we all know he's too lazy to do that.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

trem_two posted:

Well we all know he's too lazy to do that.

Should have just done what Mario did and get the club kitman to do it up

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
it's not cool if you're using corporate premier league letters, Berbatov es mes que un sheeple

EDIT: ^^^ at least the cap isnt a liverpool one

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Leave him alone, he got his first league goal for us last week.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The Owen Hargreaves parody account on Twitter is quite amusing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Not a picture, but this is funny nonetheless

(In Italian) http://sport.sky.it/sport/calcio_estero/2012/12/27/ibrahimovic_verbo_zlatanare_dizionario_svedese_sprakradet.html

Apparently the group that introduces new words in to Swedish has added zlatanera, from Ibra's name of course, to the language, a word meaning to "dominate" or to "do something with a lot of force/power". Is there anything like that in English, where a player's name has been verb'd? In Italian we have "fare una cassanata" from Cassano, which is to do something insane or incredibly stupid, but I can't think of any others.

e: Ah, found one in English: http://www.thelocal.se/45298/20121227/#.UNyDE2__l8F

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

(In Italian) http://sport.sky.it/sport/calcio_estero/2012/12/27/ibrahimovic_verbo_zlatanare_dizionario_svedese_sprakradet.html

Apparently the group that introduces new words in to Swedish has added zlatanera, from Ibra's name of course, to the language, a word meaning to "dominate" or to "do something with a lot of force/power". Is there anything like that in English, where a player's name has been verb'd? In Italian we have "fare una cassanata" from Cassano, which is to do something insane or incredibly stupid, but I can't think of any others.

e: Ah, found one in English: http://www.thelocal.se/45298/20121227/#.UNyDE2__l8F

Frimponged mate

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

T. Mascis posted:

Frimponged mate

hahaha how could I forget

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I suppose you could say stuff like "He Panenkaed him" or (in the 90s at least) "He Nayimed him" but those are more specifically references to particular 'trademark' shots rather than their personality/general language use.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
He's absolutely Mullered that

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
So now you can officially Zlatan the gently caress out of something? I like it.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
I feel like people know what I mean when i say someone got De Jonged. I hope that Zidane doesn't become synonymous with headbutting though.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Homura posted:

I feel like people know what I mean when i say someone got De Jonged. I hope that Zidane doesn't become synonymous with headbutting though.

I doubt it, it was an all around regrettable situation which peaked with the statue that was made. I'm okay with it just going that far, and I think it won't go any further than that.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Gigi Galli posted:

Mullered is so common I bet most people who use it don't know where it comes from.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Gigi Galli posted:

Zlatan owns so much.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
It's just a drat shame that I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) will remember that headbutt as the last thing that Zidane ever did. When I think of Zidane in my head, I think first of that headbutt, then all the amazing poo poo he did in his career. :(

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Mullered is so common I bet most people who use it don't know where it comes from.

It's a guarantee.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Homura posted:

It's just a drat shame that I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) will remember that headbutt as the last thing that Zidane ever did. When I think of Zidane in my head, I think first of that headbutt, then all the amazing poo poo he did in his career. :(

I genuinely don't. For others that may be the same as you I think some Zidane clips/gifs in this thread would help you all forget the headbutt

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

That headbutt was probably the greatest thing I've ever seen on tele live. The utterly distraught look on the face on the French guy next to me as zidane walked down the tunnel made it even better.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

That headbutt was probably the greatest thing I've ever seen on tele live. The utterly distraught look on the face on the French guy next to me as zidane walked down the tunnel made it even better.

I was in a town square in Italy watching it on a huge projector with a few thousand mental Italians.

I wanted the French to win but the celebrations afterwards made up for it. Was definitely one of my best football experiences.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

T. Mascis posted:

I genuinely don't. For others that may be the same as you I think some Zidane clips/gifs in this thread would help you all forget the headbutt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3BLrgvgHnE

edit: also his chipped penalty off the crossbar :allears:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Amazes me how Zidane seems to be overlooked in "best ever" conversations, people talk about Messi vs Ronaldo then skip back to Maradona. Zidane was ridiculous.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

Ninpo posted:

Amazes me how Zidane seems to be overlooked in "best ever" conversations, people talk about Messi vs Ronaldo then skip back to Maradona. Zidane was ridiculous.

Yeah, I don't understand it. Zidane was an unbelievable player. One of my absolute favourites. Probably only behind Henry in my list.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Also, somehow this was in the related videos list, which is awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmphogTco4U

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's not the best ever but it's a drat shame that most people associate Cantona with birds or kung fu fan assault instead of his great playing. Even I liked Cantona :iiam:

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

luvd posted:

Yeah, I don't understand it. Zidane was an unbelievable player. One of my absolute favourites. Probably only behind Henry in my list.

He headbutt a dude, those RM teams were kind of terrible at the end, his position has fallen out of favor so there is nothing really to compare him to, Maradona has been gone long enough to become a legend (give Z some time), and he bald.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

luvd posted:

You mean Henry's your favourite not that he's better than Zidane, right?
Also, headbutting that cheating oval office in a world cup final was the pinnacle of Zidane's career, the only thing wrong with it was he got caught (by illegal video evidence).

Edit : The ones who associate Zidane with the headbutt or Cantona with saying silly things are loving idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

Blimpkin posted:

Also, somehow this was in the related videos list, which is awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmphogTco4U

the vids title is very, very true - my nan

• Locked thread