Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Two new chapters of Say 'I Love You'. They cover the latest episode of the anime and a little into the next, and comparing the manga to the anime is like night and day. It's shocking how they were able to bungle the anime so badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The final two chapters of My Girl were just released together.

I'm really glad I got to see this series all the way to the end. I'm also really happy it ended the way it did, and didn't overstay its welcome. The characters were adorable, the faces were great, about the only complaint I have is everyone's ears, but that's a minor one. I'm so glad it didn't end on a downer note.

If you haven't, I'd suggest giving My Girl a read through now that it's over.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

It took me till the last few chapters to realise how strange all the ears looked in My Girl. I guess I read so much fantasy stuff that I passed them off as elf ears or something, but they're pretty odd.

Anyways, just finished reading it and I'm glad that it had such a pleasent, feel-good ending. As much as I hate mentioning it and would rather let it go, Usagi Drops has kinda made me wary of manga like this and I always get that niggling feeling that something terrible is going to happen. Doesn't help that the majority of Japanese media seem to always shoehorn in the dumbest little twists to make their endings always a bit of a downer.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
What a sweet ending. I wouldn't have minded if it kept going, but who knows what would've happened.

Are there any other series by this author? I've grown attached to the art style, and it'd be great if the plots were as good as this one.

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car
You're looking for Sahara Mizu.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Did it get cancelled? That ending felt extremely abrupt to me.

coathat
May 21, 2007

OneStopShop posted:

You're looking for Sahara Mizu.

This is a better link since she uses several different pen names. http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=715

Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan is pretty good and really really sad.

Sukima Shiki is good too and a neat premise for an anthology.

Tetsugaku Letra only has a couple of chapter translated but I'm really liking it.

Christmas chapter of Kimi ni Todoke is here. http://s2scanlations.com/online/reader/read/kimi_ni_todoke/en/0/75/page/1

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yano owns so much, and these girl-talk chapters have been great. This latest one in particular is full of the mix of humor, sweetness and great character interaction and it reminds me just why I love this series so much. :kimchi:

coathat
May 21, 2007

Yeah I've been loving the girl talk too. Sawako's mom and dad were pretty great this chapter too.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

coathat posted:

Tetsugaku Letra only has a couple of chapter translated but I'm really liking it.

This is pretty neat and I completely forgot about it since the scans come out pretty sporadically. At the moment, only up to halfway through chapter 3 has been translated.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Goodness, this was an adorable chapter.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Silly Kimi ni Todoke is so much better than brooding Kimi ni Todoke.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I had already read the new Hourou Musuko a while back, but for some reason forgot to post it.

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
I saw that coming, and while I understand why from a character perspective, and how important it is to have a bunch of different gender-variant representations in a work like this, I still feel like it's a bit of a copout/delegitimization somehow. But at least we finally got more Takatsuki and Sasa.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Omake pages from the Shimura collection on jmanga. Posted mainly because this is the second time I've seen her draw a "gangster girl" and I wonder if she'll ever get around to drawing a comic about them. :allears:

The collection itself is alright, none of the stories really jumped out though. Her art is lovely as ever--even if it's funny seeing characters that look just like Nitori, Fumi, Sasa and many others popping up all over the place.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Are you guys following Molester Man?
http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/molester-man-r7471

I guess it's also appropriate for this thread under the romance category.

Mexican Samurai
Nov 12, 2005

The_Frag_Man posted:

Are you guys following Molester Man?
http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/molester-man-r7471

I guess it's also appropriate for this thread under the romance category.

I was going to post about this same manga! It's incredible and it is from the same author of Onani Master Kurosawa

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Mexican Samurai posted:

it is from the same author of Onani Master Kurosawa

It's not.

Mexican Samurai
Nov 12, 2005

HenryEx posted:

It's not.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=10328

Ugh...it states that YOKO has authored both this series and Onani Master Kurosawa.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Mexican Samurai posted:

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=10328

Ugh...it states that YOKO has authored both this series and Onani Master Kurosawa.

I believe they have the same artist, but not writer.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Takanago posted:

I believe they have the same artist, but not writer.

The writer was some dude on 2ch. :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also it is being discussed plenty in the seinen thread.

Anyway here's a new chapter of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

(Click it for Molester Man 18)

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH

arisu posted:

Hey look what's back!

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bonnouji/v01/c023/

I really enjoy the Suki-tte Ii na yo manga, but I think the anime so far has been pretty dull. The art just seems off like hell and the execution is pretty bad. I'm keeping up with it because it isn't terrible, but I can't say I'm not just a bit disappointed.

The manga is pretty fun though.

I went back pages and pages just to see that the last opinion on this anime is wrong!

I haven't read the manga whatsoever, but the art maintains a good quality, and the whole thing is refreshingly simple. Absolutely adorable, if more than a little Mary Sue.

Still super enjoyable. Sad to know it's over.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

quaunaut posted:

I went back pages and pages just to see that the last opinion on this anime is wrong!

I haven't read the manga whatsoever, but the art maintains a good quality, and the whole thing is refreshingly simple. Absolutely adorable, if more than a little Mary Sue.

Still super enjoyable. Sad to know it's over.

Actually I just finished the anime series too, and I still maintain that it's super dull. If you liked the anime that much you should check out the manga.

Whoever's doing the manga translations has gone on a translating spree though, there's been 1 to 2 new chapters released a day for like a week now.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

arisu posted:

Actually I just finished the anime series too, and I still maintain that it's super dull. If you liked the anime that much you should check out the manga.

Whoever's doing the manga translations has gone on a translating spree though, there's been 1 to 2 new chapters released a day for like a week now.

Aw :( I just started watching the anime and was enjoying it so far. I find the manga refreshing in a way that a lot of shojou manga isn't. And yea, translations are going up crazy fast right now

coathat
May 21, 2007

The anime really missed the mark what with cutting out a lot development for the side characters and pretty much all the humor that the manga has.

Chapter 11 of 14-sai no Koi is super cute.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I haven't read the Suki-tte Ii na yo manga, but I'd have to agree the anime was pretty lackluster. It never really seemed to go anywhere and just felt really aimless. It wasn't bad, but I'm not going to be recommending it to people.

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH
Finished up what's translated so far of Golden Time. Enjoyable, but I fear it's not going to get around to actually bothering to do anything until volume 5 or 6 or something, and that's probably years to come.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've been reading something called Sing "Yesterday" For Me, a pretty laid back romance/drama that feels more like seinen than josei. It's a pretty straightforward sort of story with plenty of love triangles, but it's all so chill and melancholic that I find it oddly refreshing. And as a nice bonus, most of the characters are adults.

SeanGaffney
Mar 16, 2002
Nomad of the Time Streams
Sing "Yesterday" for Me *is* seinen, it ran in Shueisha's Business Jump, their 'saucy manga for 30-something office workers' magazine. Which is also home to Amai Seikatsu, a 40+-volume harem manga about a young man who is a genius savant - at making women's underwear. It also featured a modern updating of Harenchi Gakuen which made Eiken look staid and serious.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's also listed in the genre, which I neglected to see for whatever reason. Still, having just caught up I think it's quite solid. And crazily out of place if it's being printed alongside those other ones.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
There's a new chapter (technically a section) of Ore Monogatari! In this chapter there is a very important redaction:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 16, 2013

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 37

Hahaha, Takaya was hilarious in this chapter.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Where the gently caress are the Bonnouji updates. It's two months out of date! :argh:

coathat
May 21, 2007

Tonari no Kaibutsukun is ending this summer with volume 12. I'm gonna be sad when its over, but I hope this increases the chances of the manga getting released in English.

And speaking of licensed manga I just got my copy of The Heart of Thomas in the mail and its amazing. They did a spectacular job with the book. I don't think I've seen an nicer looking manga period, and at 24 bucks it's a freaking steal. I highly recommend it to everyone.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Where the gently caress are the Bonnouji updates. It's two months out of date! :argh:

http://readonline.egscans.com/Bonnouji/Chapter_025

Welp what do you know.

I was already laughing by page 3.

EDIT: Ahahaha that whole chapter was amazing. If I ever have enough disposable income I am so making a Bonnouji.

pezzie fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 25, 2013

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hell yes Bonnouji! Still such a great story about two people who are crazy in love with each other. I was a little worried it might lose some of it's charm when they actually became a couple, so glad to see that I was fretting for nothing because it continues to be wonderful.

Some surprising and awesome news about NANA and Paradise Kiss creator Ai Yazawa.

quote:

"Yazawa Island," the regular feature on manga creator Ai Yazawa, celebrated its 100th installment in the March issue of Shueisha's Cookie magazine on Saturday. To commemorate the milestone, Yazawa herself drew a new two-page "Junko's Room" chapter. Yazawa created the "Junko's Room" bonus extras, which revolved around Nana's friend Junko, for her NANA manga volumes.

Yazawa put her NANA manga on hiatus in 2009 while being treated for an unspecified serious illness. She was released from the hospital in 2010 and revealed that she did not know when or if she will return to working again. The new "Junko's Room" chapter is Yazawa's first new manga published in over three years.

And just in case anyone actually is interested besides me
Sasameki Koto chapter 47 showed up the other week.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Time is a cruel mistress in Hourou Musuko 117.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

a kitten posted:

Some surprising and awesome news about NANA and Paradise Kiss creator Ai Yazawa.

I am really, really hoping that this means that NANA might be coming back sometime soon. It seemed like it only needed a couple more manga volumes before it ended.