Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
How do I get Spotify to continue syncing my offline playlists? It only does it when you have the app open and the screen not locked, which is a hassle with a ton of songs. I guess it stopped while I was sleeping and now I can't get it to continue syncing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Is there a photo editing app that allows me to overlay an image on another?

For example, I have an image of a blank hockey jersey and I'm trying to paste a separate image of our teams logo onto it.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
There are photoshop apps, one is free and one is $10, not sure if the paid one can do that but it might.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chuck Bartowski posted:

So after everyone backing it up in the thread I'm giving Downcast another try.

Does the refresh at location, as cool as it sounds, have a noticeable effect on battery life? If not that's fantastic!

Does it use a geofence to achieve this? I had geofence turned on for instapaper and I don't know if it did wonders for my battery. Then I got paranoid that the occupy movement was collaborating with the FBI to come take me down if I read another article on the economics in Kenya (not Keynesian economics though, wouldn't read about that poo poo) so I turned it off thank the lord Christ down in hades

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Is there a photo editing app that allows me to overlay an image on another?

For example, I have an image of a blank hockey jersey and I'm trying to paste a separate image of our teams logo onto it.

Photoforge2 can do this. It's actually pretty flexible.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

SaturdayKnight posted:

Alright, so my house just lost power, and I've got nothing to do for a while.

What's the best app for alcoholic drink recipes? Preferably one that's got lots of options and possibly includes a reverse recipe search via ingredients available.

Have you tried Mixologist? I've used it sparingly but have found it to be a pretty good resource for drink mixing.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
This seems like something that should have a blindingly obvious answer, but I'm looking for an app that can shuffle through a user-specified playlist of .pls streams.

I normally listen to a ton of different internet radio stations (soma.fm, di.dm, rockradio.com) each of which has their own balkanized app, none of which have a shuffle feature. Manually swiping to change apps and browse stations is way too much of a bother in the middle of a workout. Is there any app that can both unify my stations and let me just mash butan to switch to a new one? (As far as I can tell there's no way to do this on iTunes iOS, but I'd be glad to be wrong.)

Elotana fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 27, 2012

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Does iheartradio have them?

Cumshot in the Dark
Oct 20, 2005

This is how we roll

Elotana posted:

This seems like something that should have a blindingly obvious answer, but I'm looking for an app that can shuffle through a user-specified playlist of .pls streams.

I normally listen to a ton of different internet radio stations (soma.fm, di.dm, rockradio.com) each of which has their own balkanized app, none of which have a shuffle feature. Manually swiping to change apps and browse stations is way too much of a bother in the middle of a workout. Is there any app that can both unify my stations and let me just mash butan to switch to a new one? (As far as I can tell there's no way to do this on iTunes iOS, but I'd be glad to be wrong.)
TuneIn Radio supports custom URLs, which I presume are .pls streams. No shuffle function though, but changing stations is as simple as tapping another one in your favorites list.

The Catalyst
Jan 29, 2003

I'm Mister Hundred and One.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

All the codes are taken.

Which code were you looking for? I might have some extra Charlie Brown codes if that's the app you wanted.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

suboptimal posted:

Have you tried Mixologist? I've used it sparingly but have found it to be a pretty good resource for drink mixing.

2nding Mixologist, I don't like its new interface but it's still a good resource.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

The Catalyst posted:

Which code were you looking for? I might have some extra Charlie Brown codes if that's the app you wanted.

Yeah it was, and afterwards I tried pocket booth and sonic and all those were taken too. I have PM's if you're feeling generous.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I wish using codes without posting a "thanks, I used this one:" was somehow probateable. Its a dick move, those can take ages to type and it sucks to try them one by one to see if any are still available.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Conversely, it can get annoying when a huge batch of codes get posted and then there are 3 pages of Thanks!.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

vikingstrike posted:

Conversely, it can get annoying when a huge batch of codes get posted and then there are 3 pages of Thanks!.

Sure, but I see the value of people knowing if codes have been used or not outweighing the annoyance of having to scroll past them. Especially when there's three sets of fifteen codes like we just had.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
There are also a lot of unregistered people who take those codes I bet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

El Hefe posted:

There are also a lot of unregistered people who take those codes I bet.

Someone figured out if you place your codes in a broken URL tag, then only people who can quote you can see the code. Something like this (quote to see, duh):

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

IUG posted:

Someone figured out if you place your codes in a broken URL tag, then only people who can quote you can see the code. Something like this (quote to see, duh):

That's pretty useful. Why does no-one use that?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You can't read this thread without being logged in.. you'd have to get it via a google cache.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey, are there any apps you guys would recommend to make custom ringtones out of songs from my library?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

DivisionPost posted:

Hey, are there any apps you guys would recommend to make custom ringtones out of songs from my library?

I like Pimp Your Sound myself. But it comes with the universals IOS caveat of having to use iTunes (on your computer) at some point it the process.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Are you against using your computer for it? Because I just manipulate my songs in Audacity before exporting them into iTunes, having iTunes convert them to m4a files (or maybe I have Audacity skip this step), rename the file to a .m4r file, and then import it back into iTunes again.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!

jojoinnit posted:

Sure, but I see the value of people knowing if codes have been used or not outweighing the annoyance of having to scroll past them. Especially when there's three sets of fifteen codes like we just had.
Since the codes are US-only, it doesn't matter to non-US people when the codes are gone/being used, plus having to skip past 45 posts (over a page) of "got this code" posts isn't too fun! I wouldn't mind it if the posts had any content besides that, but c'est la vie.

Really enjoying Downcast, guys, thanks for the recommendation.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

PaganGoatPants posted:

Is there a good app for loyalty cards/membership cards? One that scans the code so I can just scan my phone (reliably).

e: Any opinions on this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/key-ring-reward-cards/id372547556?mt=8

I use Lemon Wallet, and its great!
http://appshopper.com/finance/lemon-receipts-refreshed

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

IUG posted:

Are you against using your computer for it? Because I just manipulate my songs in Audacity before exporting them into iTunes, having iTunes convert them to m4a files (or maybe I have Audacity skip this step), rename the file to a .m4r file, and then import it back into iTunes again.
I think I had to download a plugin for it but Audacity can save as .m4a so you just need to rename it to m4r and you're set

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice
Is there a recommended stargazing app? I'm trying to find the constellations so I can figure out which way to look for upcoming meteor showers.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-walk-hd-5-stars-astronomy/id363486802?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-night-sky/id475772902?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goskywatch-planetarium-for/id364209241?mt=8

or...?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

StarWalk is what most people will recommend first. I bought it years ago and have never felt the need to try anything else.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

xzzy posted:

StarWalk is what most people will recommend first. I bought it years ago and have never felt the need to try anything else.

Feel the same way. StarWalk is great.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I personally got SkyOrb years ago, never moved from it for the same reason.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Anyone use an app for viewing wireless IP cams? I'm currently using CamViewer, but it cant show a grid of multiple cams.

I've seen IP Cam Viewer Pro recommended a lot and was thinking if throwing down the $4 for it, but wanted to check for goon recommendations first. Audio support is a must.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Has anyone here played Chrono trigger for iOS? I have read some reviews and they range from good to bad with some saying that it crashes a lot and has bad controls, while others say it's just fine.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Has anyone here played Chrono trigger for iOS? I have read some reviews and they range from good to bad with some saying that it crashes a lot and has bad controls, while others say it's just fine.

It's just fine for me on an iPhone 5 on 6.0.2. The controls can be annoying but it's not a dealbreaker for me.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

The first question is whether you are on iOS 6 yet or not, as I've heard that running it on iOS 5 gives some odd resolution problems because Square Enix is terrible.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

xzzy posted:

I refuse to buy it because of it not being universal.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Pissflaps posted:

I refuse to buy it because of it not being universal.

Just imagine how much more of a dork you'd look like walking around with your iPad raised above your head gawking at the night sky.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
My brother gave me an old electric guitar for Christmas (hes a musician and I'm not I guess he thinks I'll learn?) he told me there were iPhone tuner apps for it but couldn't recommend one for me, anyone know a good one?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Wow, this app looks awesome. Going to check it out.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

FishBulb posted:

My brother gave me an old electric guitar for Christmas (hes a musician and I'm not I guess he thinks I'll learn?) he told me there were iPhone tuner apps for it but couldn't recommend one for me, anyone know a good one?

PolyTune is badass cause you can tune multiple strings at once to see which are out of tune right away.

Pro Tuner works fine as well.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Anyone use an app for viewing wireless IP cams? I'm currently using CamViewer, but it cant show a grid of multiple cams.

I've seen IP Cam Viewer Pro recommended a lot and was thinking if throwing down the $4 for it, but wanted to check for goon recommendations first. Audio support is a must.

I used the lite version on Android and it worked pretty well. I can't comment on the audio however, I had it hooked to a networked DVR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Suqit posted:

Just imagine how much more of a dork you'd look like walking around with your iPad raised above your head gawking at the night sky.

Some manage to look like a dork without the assistance of an app.

Regardless, I don't think 'walking around' while using it would be a good idea.

• Locked thread