Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

piratepilates posted:

I've got a question about a show not called Peep Show, who do you figure was playing Santa in the latest 8 out of 10 Cats? It sounded like a comedian but I don't recognize the voice or style.

Nick Helm. He's been on 8/10 cats.

I think this has been posted here before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YopP_StgjVY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Junkenstein posted:

Nick Helm. He's been on 8/10 cats.

I think this has been posted here before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YopP_StgjVY

:doh: I knew it seemed familiar when Santa started shouting, Helm did that thing before on the show once.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
BBC needs to have red button special subtitles for people who only watch Eastenders once a year. "The villain", "The villain's accomplice", "throwaway comedy stereotype", "Ian Beale w/o hat".

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Metrication posted:

Thinking about it, Dobbie's character has changed quite a lot since we first met her. Didn't she go LARPing with Gerhard?

I like to think it's on purpose, the girls Mark falls for all seem lovely until he gets into a relationship with them. Then they change (to him, anyway, and as we're seeing the show through his eyes for nearly half the time it makes sense that his opinions taint what we see).

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I thought this was the best episode of Peep show this season. I was bothered earlier that the problem with Mark and Dobbys relationship is that its so obviously doomed from the start, you can't really make it plausible without making Dobby either less likable or plain idiotic. As soon as things started actually rolling towards the cliff after a season of dragging their heels about it I was more interested.

That said I enjoyed this series of peep show in a "cold pizza" kind of sense, even if its not fresh anymore its still pretty good.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Jesus. I just looked up the line-up for this year's Big Fat Quiz and really wish I hadn't. Jonathan Ross, James Corden, Russell Howard and Jack Whitehall. The perfect storm of suck.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Flatscan posted:

Jesus. I just looked up the line-up for this year's Big Fat Quiz and really wish I hadn't. Jonathan Ross, James Corden, Russell Howard and Jack Whitehall. The perfect storm of suck.

Well at least there is no Noel Fielding like last time. That man is anti-comedy, he sucks comedy out of things like a black hole of awful.

At least those four have their moments, Noel Fielding has never been funny.

jfjnpxmy
Feb 23, 2011

by Lowtax

Xachariah posted:

Well at least there is no Noel Fielding like last time. That man is anti-comedy, he sucks comedy out of things like a black hole of awful.

That time he said "Catchphrases" to David Walliams.

And that's it.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
God, this buzzcocks is already awful. How is bob Mortimer of all people being so bad at reading an autocue?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Xachariah posted:

Is he the one who always give the ~*~wacky and random~*~ answers? He's terrible.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Lot 49 posted:

I found this series a lot more depressing than others. The old dynamic used to be that when one was up the other was down. Nothing went for Jeremy at all and it became obvious early they weren't going to have Mark and Dobby's relationship work out. And that's all the poor bastard had.

I think that was my issue with it too. It just felt so horrible all the way through. I guess it's always been about things being horrible but not only was it the situations but the characters as well this time.

Also I love Noel Fielding and don't understand at all why people don't.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Noel Fielding was alright in 2006-2007. Now it is several years later everyone but him involved in The Mighty Boosh has moved on but he is pathetically clinging to his now terrible grating fictional act.

Also, he used twitter and his fans to harass a critic. Modern Noel Fielding is a knob who should gently caress off or reinvent himself to be less of a knob.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Anyone remember Fielding in the 90s? I'm sure I used to see him on Live at Jongleurs or one of the other late night stand up shows. Detested his act then, but loved the first two seasons of the Boosh. Find him OK in doses now, but none of the recent shows he's been involved in looked much fun.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, he used twitter and his fans to harass a critic.

"and drove her to suicide" is missing from the end of that sentence.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Flatscan posted:

"and drove her to suicide" is missing from the end of that sentence.

The article wasn't that clear, she killed herself? thats pretty horrible. gently caress you Noel Fielding.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

SeanBeansShako posted:

The article wasn't that clear, she killed herself? thats pretty horrible. gently caress you Noel Fielding.

Tried to, but hosed it up.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

The pHo posted:

Anyone remember Fielding in the 90s? I'm sure I used to see him on Live at Jongleurs or one of the other late night stand up shows. Detested his act then, but loved the first two series of the Boosh.

I even like series 3 of mighty boosh. It's not AS good, but it's still good.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

Spalec posted:

Is he the one who always give the ~*~wacky and random~*~ answers? He's terrible.

Basically yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWmNTtJ-OPI

The Boosh radio show is good but I don't get any laughs out of their telly stuff any more, and that Luxury Comedy poo poo he did is the worst random monkey cheese completely missing the point of surreal humour pile of shite ever.

The Mitchell & Webb Book (which isn't great) has a few pages dedicated to people whose aunties might have brought them it by mistake instead of the Boosh book, and do a pretty good pisstake of Boosh humour. It's about the best part of the book.

At least Julian Barrett did Nathan Barley.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Taear posted:

I even like series 3 of mighty boosh. It's not AS good, but it's still good.

Series 3 is my least favourite now, mainly because the character he plays turns into a right back stabbing prick to Barrets character compared to the earlier stuff.

Reality is basically bleeding into it now. Maybe we should have realised something was up when he abused the Hitcher for the 3rd time.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Gerry Anderson has died.

I'm sure he defined a lot of our childhoods. Most notably being Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet and Space:1999. :( drat.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Furret Basket posted:

Gerry Anderson has died.

I'm sure he defined a lot of our childhoods. Most notably being Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet and Space:1999. :( drat.

It's pretty incredible that even though I'm only 20 Stingray, Captain Scarlett and of course Thunderbirds bring back brilliant childhood memories for me. Space 1999 also brings back memories for me, but let's not talk about those...

ScipioAfro
Feb 21, 2011

Furret Basket posted:

Gerry Anderson has died.

A good time to watch the intro to Captain Scarlet and wonder how the gently caress it was a kids show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Qy_-__W5E

The finger is on the trigger is how an episode of the twilight zone would start, not a bloody puppet show. You were so cool Gerry Anderson, i'm pretty sure parts of your work are irreversibly burn into my memory.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Have fond memories of the 90s Anderson revival. Big part of my childhood. Had a crack at the Blue Peter Tracey Island.

And Robert Webb is adverising CompareTheMarket.com now. I thought it was actually quite good and self-aware. They were probably already the least annoying price comparison ads anyway, even if the existence of books about the loving meerkat is offensive.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

My gran loves them though. They should just say gently caress it with the Financial stuff and go for broke with their own TV program.

It'd work out for them because (for the love of god) Simpsons is shambling on endlessly still.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

Furret Basket posted:

Gerry Anderson has died.

drat I used to love Space Precinct. :(

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
I am watching the gently caress out of this dog dancing show. Dancing dogs! It's awful but great.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Noreaus posted:

I am watching the gently caress out of this dog dancing show. Dancing dogs! It's awful but great.

Quite possibly the only show that both my 96 year old grandfather and my 6 year old niece have managed to enjoy over the Christmas period.

God bless the dancing dogs for bringing peace and harmony between the generations, is what I say.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

RIP Gerry Anderson. Here is a trailer for the last series he made that was judged to be of such a poor quality it was cancelled half-way through. It was about a vicar and his gardener that covertly fight terrorism using a shrink ray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1k5bVbCtGA

I never saw it myself but it's available on DVD. Other than that I quite liked Captain Scarlet. Not so much Joe 90, Stingray and the Thunderbirds though, always seemed a bit too nice and the heroes were a bit lame, especially that mermaid on Stingray. But Captain Scarlet made up for all of that anyway.

Also, Merry Christmas UK TV thread. I didn't watch much television this year as I was at a house without one, though I'll have a go at catching up on whatever rubbish was on in the run up to the new year.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

One of the many reasons why I love Simon Amstell. I'm crushed that there probably won't be another series of Grandma's House.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

justcola posted:

It was about a vicar and his gardener that covertly fight terrorism using a shrink ray.

Absolute genius.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

ScipioAfro posted:

A good time to watch the intro to Captain Scarlet and wonder how the gently caress it was a kids show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Qy_-__W5E

Compare how good that opening is to the one they used for the reboot CGI version. What were they thinking? :psyduck:

And it lost its lustre somewhat because of the bad CGI, rather than the more charming puppets.

Music isn't a scratch on Barry Gray's stuff either.

justcola posted:

RIP Gerry Anderson. Here is a trailer for the last series he made that was judged to be of such a poor quality it was cancelled half-way through. It was about a vicar and his gardener that covertly fight terrorism using a shrink ray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1k5bVbCtGA

Best summation of a show, ever. I need to see this now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

cloudchamber posted:

Absolute genius.

I'm picuring the Puppet versions of the Vicar and his Church Attendant from Dads Army in my head doing this.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

If the entire first 10 minutes of the episode are devoted to sending your kids begging for food/money to make something to eat and not spending money, which goes wrong when the food burns then... how do you have the cash to buy them all fried chicken takeout???

More importantly why am I trying to apply logic to Eastenders.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Giedroyc posted:

If the entire first 10 minutes of the episode are devoted to sending your kids begging for food/money to make something to eat and not spending money, which goes wrong when the food burns then... how do you have the cash to buy them all fried chicken takeout???

More importantly why am I trying to apply logic to Eastenders.

Maybe they should take some crack, They won't burn the chicken then.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

SeanBeansShako posted:

Maybe they should take some crack, They won't burn the chicken then.

Why bother giving any other character crack, when Phil Mitchell's Cockney Reefer Madness exists and will never be topped ever.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 27, 2012

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They could have a special crack episode, where everyone is off their tits and it's all shown in Pyro-vision.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Just show the world of Eastenders as seen through the eyes of that Mad Slater woman.

Basically it'd be like the Wizard of Oz. Ian Beale as the Scarecrow, obv.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Really surprised to see so much hate on here for the latest Peep Show. I thought it was bloody great. Definitely the best this series.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

SlipkPIe posted:

Really surprised to see so much hate on here for the latest Peep Show. I thought it was bloody great. Definitely the best this series.

Why though? It just sort of went nowhere and turned into cop out sillyness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Does anybody know what the show was that had a guy who kept a flat where a fox lived and in the freezer he had another dead fox with some squirrels to keep it company? I've tried to find it on YouTube but i don't really know what to search for.