Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I've been stuck at 98 minutes for energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

The game has been made incompatible for U.S. regional downloads, my guess is they're having server issues with American cellular providers and have taken it down as a precaution.

I am not surprised by this at all and expect it to be resolved within the week, and I base this claim on absolutely nothing.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
The energy regen ain't working in the UK, either. I wanted to play a game with my freaky cat monsters before work! :(

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Enallyniv posted:

The energy regen ain't working in the UK, either. I wanted to play a game with my freaky cat monsters before work! :(

Just checked the google play store and this has apparently been fixed with an update.

AlexMoron
Jul 28, 2007
Indeed the update has fixed it.

I've not heard of this game until now. I'm not a fan of tower defense type games but this one is great! Love all the stuff you can grind for if you want.

Here's my code: icc80

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

...That came to Android? Huh. It isn't saddled with Mobage poo poo, is it?

Nah. No lovely shell like Mobage, but it does require a Facebook account if I'm remembering right (although it doesn't ever post to your account or even ask to). It looks like Facebook is the only way to add friends though, but I've got a ton of dragons and all that without friends, so it must not help that much.

I don't know why I'm so addicted. I've been sweating my balls trying to breed limited edition dragons since they're all unlocked for the New Year, but there's no end game, so I don't know why it's such a priority in my life right now.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Devil's Attorney has a 75% sale going. I've hold off on getting it but for 99c it's worth a shot.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.senri.da&hl=en

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

I think I already found another bug in Battle Cats - I get up to a max of $350 but the next upgrade costs $360 :sweatdrop:

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

mono posted:

I think I already found another bug in Battle Cats - I get up to a max of $350 but the next upgrade costs $360 :sweatdrop:

You need to upgrade the wallet capacity.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Keito posted:

You need to upgrade the wallet capacity.

Makes sense, but I've gotten up to $400 before so I guess they tweaked that? Or is it based on the level you're on?

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

puschel posted:

Devil's Attorney has a 75% sale going. I've hold off on getting it but for 99c it's worth a shot.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.senri.da&hl=en

Is it any good?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

mono posted:

Makes sense, but I've gotten up to $400 before so I guess they tweaked that? Or is it based on the level you're on?

Not really sure about anything in the game so far, but upgrading the capacity made me start out with more, and I can max out the whole worker cat efficiency leveling thing without problems. Level 13's penguins keep destroying me though.

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

E: I'm dumb and didn't see the invite code thread.

gucci mangosteen
Feb 26, 2007
Apparently people (or a guy) are getting pissy about posting invite codes in the iOS Battle Cats thread, so mine's tg84d. I'll go through and try to input all of yours, provided it lets you use more than one.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
How are the Kemco Games JRPGs? Eve of the Genesis is on sale for $2, and if it's at least decent I figured I should try it out.

Also, is there a Kairosoft game that's better than the others? Dungeon Village is also on sale for $2.

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

Sebbe posted:

Is it any good?

I've played Devil's Attorney on the iPad and enjoyed it a lot. The "combat" is alright. You basically have a set number of action points that you spend on skills to target the prosecutor, his witnesses, or the evidence. Once you use up your action points, the other side damages you. It's pretty basic and simple, but enjoyable enough. Winning cases gets you money which can be spent on furniture, clothes, and a car which upgrades your skills.

The best part of the game is the dialogue before every case. It's well written and the voice acting is good. I found it pretty hilarious. It was well received in the iOS thread, and I beat it in probably 4 hours or so (I'm pretty slow at games). No idea if this port holds up on Android though.

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

gucci mangosteen posted:

Apparently people (or a guy) are getting pissy about posting invite codes in the iOS Battle Cats thread, so mine's tg84d. I'll go through and try to input all of yours, provided it lets you use more than one.

Used yours (and the codes are Android/iOS cross compatible), mine is s3dh4

Dark Solux
Dec 8, 2004

Old School Saturn God
Crazy game.. My code is trz80

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Mine's L56s0

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
The closest someone came to complaining was a guy who didn't realise the codes were cross-platform, so I think we should be safe to use this thread.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sebbe posted:

Is it any good?

It's a tolerably fun little micro-strategy game. Probably worth a buck.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Edit: poo poo efb..by a lot...forgot to refresh the tab...ignore this!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Enallyniv posted:

The closest someone came to complaining was a guy who didn't realise the codes were cross-platform, so I think we should be safe to use this thread.
Yeah, I already got my code used once by posting in that thread.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Sebbe posted:

Is [Devil's Attorney] any good?

It's pretty fun. Has decent voice acting, and it's funny in a silly way, and the gameplay is decent. It's also pretty short, you can beat it in a few hours. Didn't really see much of a reason to replay it except to chase a few achievements really. Well worth the price given it's on sale.

Quixzlizx posted:

How are the Kemco Games JRPGs? Eve of the Genesis is on sale for $2, and if it's at least decent I figured I should try it out.

I've played Dark Gate and Grinsia, they're both pretty alright. They're not super grindy or anything, which is nice, but they're otherwise just kind of standard JRPGs. There's nothing really super stand out about them, except for the fact that they're about the only well done ones on Android. You can easily get 10+ hours out of them, so they're well worth the price.

quote:

Also, is there a Kairosoft game that's better than the others? Dungeon Village is also on sale for $2.

Beastie Bay is probably the best overall. It just kinda feels like the culmination of all the prior games in terms of gameplay elements.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007

DemonMage posted:

I've played Dark Gate and Grinsia, they're both pretty alright. They're not super grindy or anything, which is nice, but they're otherwise just kind of standard JRPGs. There's nothing really super stand out about them, except for the fact that they're about the only well done ones on Android. You can easily get 10+ hours out of them, so they're well worth the price.

Beastie Bay is probably the best overall. It just kinda feels like the culmination of all the prior games in terms of gameplay elements.

Thanks. Does Beastie Bay have an IAP wall? I'd rather just pay for a game and not have to deal with IAP at all.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Quixzlizx posted:

Thanks. Does Beastie Bay have an IAP wall? I'd rather just pay for a game and not have to deal with IAP at all.

No IAPs. There are ads sometimes though.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
There are IAPs actually. You can remove ads via IAP and you can also buy medals if you really want, though I wouldn't recommend it. But if you just gotta have that upgrade now it's an option I guess.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
You can play the game to the end without paying, there's no wall in that regard. I gave them a buck for no ads as a thank you for the hours of entertainment.

Skam
Jan 6, 2008
My invitation code is mxne0

This game is far to addictive

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
There's a thread to post your codes.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Bragon posted:

Battle Cats just got added to the Play store, it's bizarre and addicting. It was super popular in the iOS game thread.

I...can't

I can't look away. :stare:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I...can't

I can't look away. :stare:

Yeah I don't know why but this game owns bones. Except for that loving hippo that keeps wrecking my poo poo on level 7.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
It gets loving horrifying in the later levels. The walker cats and the fish cats and the bull cats look like something out of a loving japanese horror movie. Especially when they all swarm the screen together

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

big mean giraffe posted:

Yeah I don't know why but this game owns bones. Except for that loving hippo that keeps wrecking my poo poo on level 7.
Level up your basic unit to max, and then just concentrate on upgrading your cash flow as fast as possible while keeping just barely enough cheap units up to hold off the enemy until you can afford the big poo poo. The hippos won't spawn until you hit their base, IIRC.

Guilty posted:

It gets loving horrifying in the later levels. The walker cats and the fish cats and the bull cats look like something out of a loving japanese horror movie. Especially when they all swarm the screen together

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Uhhh... :stare:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

two different units. The legless woman beats enemies with her kittens! :D

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

coyo7e posted:

two different units. The legless woman beats enemies with her kittens! :D

Sweet and merciful Christ this is the best game.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
I downloaded Baseball Superstars 2013 and it's kinda fun. You play as a batter or a pitcher (in the same team) and you get xp to change level, get skills (in form of bonuses). You've quests and romance (yeah... it's a japanese game so...). You can buy gear to give you more bonuses and so on...

For some quest, I need to have friends on Gamevil and I've none (poor sweet me)! If you play that game, add me! Username: shirotsu

Thanks! And try this game! Here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...y5nbG9iYWwiXQ..

ShiroTheSniper fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 29, 2012

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Is there an established 'best' Kairosoft game? Not sure where to start with those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

VDay posted:

Is there an established 'best' Kairosoft game? Not sure where to start with those.

Look at the post about eight above.

• Locked thread