Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I'm sure there's a good reason why Valo is on your 25-man roster and Rickey Henderson isn't, and I'd love to hear it.

Because I traded him for Josh Gibson. I mean, if you want to give him back to me, I won't complain. But I think some folks might find that unfair.

Mark Grace doesn't quit halfway through a job, he sticks with it through thick and thin. Just as he never quit on the Bobbleheads, he won't quit on the gyros. Voting A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
B - also, can't he just make himself a gyros and leave whilst everyone is all tied up?

gently caress it, why not? Swap Yoshida and Axford. Bring Grace in for Olerud, Johnson in for Rolen. Delahanty moves back to DH, Whitaker takes to the bench, Bellhorn moves to 2B. Cabrera returns at SS, Snider returns to CF, Al Simmons returns to LF. Ted Simmons returns to C, with Daulton acting as personal catcher for Young and Koufax.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Another roster thing I hosed up. Great.

Super-Draft IX Draft Pool!

Catchers
'27 Mickey Cochrane (CLN)
'70 Thurman Munson (WAU)
'55 Smoky Burgess (BAR)
'29 Spud Davis (WAU)
'79 Jim Sundberg (BAR)
'83 Butch Wynegar (CLN)
'?? Mystery Box!

First Basemen
'27 Jimmie Foxx (CLN)
'89 Mark McGwire (WAU)
'93 Fred McGriff (BAR)
'01 Frank Thomas (BAR)
'11 Ryan Howard (WAU)

Second Basemen
'10 Nap Lajoie (WAU)
'93 Roberto Alomar (CLN)
'11 Chase Utley (WAU)
'27 Eddie Collins (CLN)
'01 Ray Durham (BAR)
'11 Placido Polanco (WAU)
'18 Del Pratt (BAR)

Third Basemen
'69 Ron Santo (CLN)
'93 Chipper Jones (BAR)
'72 Brooks Robinson (BAR)
'18 Frank Baker (BAR)
'29 Pinky Whitney (WAU)

Shortstops
'09 Hanley Ramirez (CLN)
'85 Robin Yount (BAR)
'40 Pee Wee Reese (CLN)
'11 Jimmy Rollins (WAU)
'29 Bernie Friberg (WAU)

Left Fielders
'27 Al Simmons (CLN)
'10 Joe Jackson (WAU)
'93 Jose Canseco (BAR)
'29 Lefty O'Doul (WAU)
'06 The Chosen Dunn (BAR)
'07 Adam Dunn (BAR)
'83 Steve Kemp (CLN)

Center Fielders
'53 Mickey Mantle (WAU)
'75 Fred Lynn (CLN)
'89 Eric Davis (CLN)
'27 Ty Cobb (CLN)
'79 Al Oliver (BAR)

Right Fielders
'70 Reggie Jackson (CLN)
'29 Chuck Klein (WAU)
'01 Magglio Ordonez (BAR)
'83 Dave Winfield (CLN)
'79 Oscar Gamble (BAR)
'83 Ken Griffey, Sr. (CLN)

Starting Pitchers
'17 Walter Johnson (WAU)
'93 Greg Maddux (BAR)
'27 Lefty Grove (CLN)
'15 Joe Wood (BAR)
'?? Martin Dihigo (CLN)
'10 Addie Joss (WAU)
'03 Roy Halladay (CLN)
'11 Roy Halladay (WAU)
'93 Tom Glavine (BAR)
'93 John Smoltz (BAR)
'11 Cliff Lee (WAU)
'11 Cole Hamels (WAU)
'09 Josh Johnson (CLN)
'18 Dazzy Vance (BAR)
'10 Cy Falkenberg (WAU)
'18 Bob Shawkey (BAR)
'27 Rube Walberg (CLN)
'11 Roy Oswalt (WAU)
'79 Ferguson Jenkins (BAR)
'79 Jon Matlack (BAR)
'09 Anibal Sanchez (CLN)
'10 Cy Young (WAU)

Relievers
'79 Sparky Lyle (BAR)
'01 Keith Foulke (BAR)
'93 Mike Stanton (BAR)
'86 Willie Hernandez (CLN)
'87 Steve Bedrosian (CLN)
'93 Mark Wohlers (BAR)
'00 Eric Gagne (CLN)
'79 Jim Kern (BAR)
'02 Chad Bradford (CLN)
'11 Ryan Madson (WAU)
'00 Matt Mantei (CLN)
'09 Kiko Calero (CLN)
'01 Bobby Howry (BAR)
'11 Antonio Bastardo (WAU)
'09 Renyel Pinto (CLN)
'09 Brian Sanchez (CLN)
'11 Brad "Doomsday" Lidge (WAU)

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Damon can play left field, right? Put in Damon for Williams this week. That includes batting order. Kevin Appier is up to standards right now, in that he sucks. I'll be very happy when I am rid of him during the next draft. Also, come on Babe Ruth. Step it up.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Plenty of time to turn it around, and a 4-2 week is a good start. Your sluggers can't do this badly forever, can they?
They probably can. :smith:

In the mean time, I'll vote B.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
"Ride it out" my fuckin' rear end.

New Catcher: Simmons
New 2B: Williams
New 3B: Torre
rotation is Chance, Felix, Gibson, Johnson, Burnett.

Also going to offer Dick Allen for the first overall Super League draft pick (which isn't even set in stone yet so cool your jets)

CraigK fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 28, 2012

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Also C.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Voting for B.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Hey Smasher I'm gonna continue to be generally irritating and make some more minor changes

First off, get Mark Grace his Rocket Cycle fuel with option B

Second, promote Buddy Bell (who will be back from injury in two days and can sit on the bench until healthy) and send Mike Donlin to AAA

Third, leave my lineup as-is versus RHP, but this is the new lineup vs LHP

CF Lynn
2B Schoendienst
DH J. Rice
LF Musial
1B Fielder
RF Carey
3B Bell
C D. Rice
SS Wagner

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
a Get me dem a Gyros or the goils get it foist.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

C :ussr:

To AAA
Montgomery

To MLB
Newcombe

Rotation

#1 Koufax
#2 Grove
#3 Newcombe
#4 Coveleski
#5 Drysdale

CL Gordon
SU Labine
SR Davis
SR Hiller
MR Uhle
LR McGinnity

vs. Righties no DH
3B McGraw
LF Hamilton
CF Speaker
C Campanella
RF Snider
2B Robinson
1B Kelley
SS Cronin

vs. Lefties no DH

LF Kelley
2B Robinson
CF Speaker
1B Hodges
C Campanella
SS Banks
3B Cronin
RF The Man Called Steve

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Yeah let's get the Mark Grace Show back on track. I vote B with the addition of a self made Gyros.

Hopefully my players will help other owners more than they helped me (and fail against me...)

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

quote:

Analysis

Boy, Ortiz sure made your Jack Cust strategy seem pretty stupid, didn't he?

It gave you three weeks and a preview worth of material, so mission accomplished.

Rest the Saint in the minors, Rolfe plays third, call up Max Carey to play center, use Chet Lemon to cover right.

Well, not C, this isn't Cleveland. Not A, because Pillman has probably gotten hair all over the prep area. B.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

That series was less than ideal. At least no one was injured.

Krukie to AAA, bring up Alvin Dark to play shortstop for the week.

'95 Chipper isn't doing it, and there's not much help in the draft. Stick him in the minors and try Geriatric Schmidtty at third.

Thank you.

And, ah, A.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Some day, I'm going to fix the Smasher League.

Smasher League Week 7 Injury Report

Finger Lakes Phoenixes
Trevor Hoffman (RP) (Broken Hip) - 7 days

South Bolton Eazy W's
Duke Snider (CF) (Law of Averages) - 95 days

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Finger Lakes Phoenixes
Trevor Hoffman (RP) (Broken Hip) - 7 days

The key to Super League success is apparently cutting-edge medical technology. And replicants. And evil. Whatever.

Bard sets up, call up Linebrink to SR.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Well gently caress. Move Moseby to full-time CF.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
It looks like The Snuffster is going to be the death of my team, so it is time for roster changes!

New line-up against all comers:

1. C Hartnett
2. DH Williams
3. CF Mantle
4. 1B Vaughn
5. SS Garciaparra
6. 3B Valentin
7. LF Piersall
8. RF Maris
9. 2B Stirnweiss

In the event of playing without DH, Williams returns to LF and the pitcher hits 9th.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Well, I need Outfield help. Which is why I am offering the following.

1995 Derek Jeter
1972 Sparky Lyle
1976 Ron Reed
I am also interested in Draft picks as well. Feel free to message me or check me out of IRC.

I am willing to talk about just about anyone on Roster at this point as well, but those 3 are on my radar to move.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League VIII, Dynamo League Week 7: Upheaval

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

SUPER-UNDERDOG DICKSHOTS WIN INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS WITH 10-6 WIN

Orlando- In a stunning turn of events, the Florida Dickshots have become the 36th Intercontinental Champion in Super-League history.

This comes as a huge surprise to all as, going into this four-game series with the Unspecifieds, the Dickshots had been quite mediocre on the season, and no one gave them much of a chance of beating the Unspecifieds four straight times, even in Orlando.

And yet, win they did, with today's 10-6 win completing the sweep and giving the Dickshots their first championship of any sort as Dennis "El Presidente" Martinez did just enough to win, and the Dickshot offense amassed fourteen hits.

This outcome was most frustrating for blackmongoose, who, up until this series, had his Unspecifieds rolling, and seemed almost a lock for the playoffs, even at this early stage of the season. He swore vengeance on the Dickshots even though the Unspecifieds will not play Monicro's team again for nearly three months.

Monicro, jubilant at his team's triumph, explained how much the Intercontinental Title meant to him, "All my life, I've been an underdog. I remember this one time, when I was just a little kid, my dad got me a shovel and told me 'Boy, you better learn how to use this, because I don't even think you're good enough to be a ditchdigger without practice.' Now, it turns out that he was right about, I really did need the practice, but that sure didn't help my self-esteem, but this will show everyone that I'm capable of building a team that, on at least one occasion, was capable of sweeping someone else's team. And that is something that no one can take away from us. Well, the achievement of doing it. The title, yeah, that's going to get taken away from us at some point, that's a given. I mean, the fact that I still have this title right now, five minutes after I won it, is amazing to me, because I was pretty sure that someone would have already beaten me for it...or stolen it. Anyway, to sum this all up: I'm the Intercontinental Champion, and that's pretty neat."

Game Notes

The Goog, the first Intercontinental Champion was in attendance for today's game, having recently been released from the Pleasant Grove Clinic. He was non-committal when asked if he was considering a return for Super-League IX.

Box Score

Don May posted:

COBURNS CORRAL SPOONERS 5-4

Fort Sumner- The Coburns, that hapless fusion of the Comancheros and Radbourns, appear to finally be on the right track.

Rod Carew went 5-for-5 including the game-winning RBI single in the bottom of the ninth inning, playing a tremendous game and leading the Coburns to yet another win, their fourth in the last six games. While that may not seem particularly impressive, it represents a turn for the better for the Coburns who had a miserable start to the season.

Warm Sarsaparilla, who sees the Coburns as his last-ditch effort to stave off relegation, was cautiously optimistic, "Praise Coburn, for he has granted us the victory. It has only been a few weeks since the spirit of James Coburn came to me and commanded me to form these Coburns in his honor, and to spread tales of his good works in the Super-League. I will admit, it was difficult for me to do so when he seemed to turn his back on this team early in this season, allowing us to be laid so low, but now I see that this struggle was simply another trial, to prove that I was truly committed to his cause, that I was worthy of his favor. And now he has blessed us with these victories. And we are forever grateful. Praise be to the wise and all-knowing James Coburn!"

This confused Spooners' owner UZWorm, "Wait, is he praying to James Coburn? The late actor? I'm confused, is this ironic, or is this some sort of cult. Not that I'm criticizing it or anything, and I know that 'cult' has some negative connotations to it, but I'm just kind of confused. I mean, I don't recall James Coburn being a particularly spiritual guy, and, if we're being honest, he was always a bit more of a B-Lister than an A-Lister for most of his career. But, you know, if that's what makes Warm Sarsaparilla, then I say go for it. The world can be a hard place to live in, and it would be wrong for me to mock a man who found something to believe in."

Bert Blyleven, the long-time starter for Warm Sarsaparilla's team, responded that, "James Coburn is the sun and the moon, the light and the darkness, and he brings the rain over us and our enemies. He sends forth the lightning that brings life to those who give their lives to his name, and brings sudden and eternal death to those who mock his rugged charms and understated acting ability. Believe in him, for he believes in you! And know that the end for those who speak ill of our savior will be as bitter as the hoppiest India Pale Ale, as dark as the darkest Imperial Stout, and as painful as the iciest of Natural Ices. So it is written, so let it be."

Box Score

The Legend of the Hardcore Title

: You know, Yoshida, Spider-Man was in the news lately...got a lot of press for their new direction, and I was thinking...
: Please don't Adam Dunn's brain in my body!
: It wouldn't be forever! A year, 18 months tops! And it would drive views, both when I first did it and then, later, when I switched it back to normal!
: Um...to redirect this conversation slightly, the Oranges are playing the Finger-Bangers in a Triple Title Series, right?
: They are resting some players but, well, with a 5-0 win in the first game, it doesn't seem to be bothering them too much.
: Good start by Ryan, and that is what Marauder is looking for out of him.

: Bangers take Game 2, and it looks like the Bangers are going to be come the first triple-champions in Super-League history momentarily.
: And that loss is the direct result of playing Pujols at 3B, where he really isn't that good of a defender. It might be smarted to put him back at 1B, and send Petrocelli or Polanco at 3B...or give Mathews another shot.

: And we've got an injury substitution for the Oranges, Kevin Brown can't get his arm loose, and so the Oranges will turn to Joba Chamberlain. And that goes as well as you expect, and the Finger-Bangers are now the European, United States and Hardcore Champions!
: I guess aggressively building your team with superior talent is a good strategy.

: And the Oranges avoid the sweep, not that it does much for them.
: The Oranges have stagnated a bit, and they might need to do some serious soul-searching about the state of their roster.

: And now, please rise for the playing of the anthem of the Burma Imperialists.
: I talked to Viscount Slim before this series, and he declared that the era of the Finger-Bangers is over, and that he is going to take all three of Marauder's titles.
: I'm not sure how likely that is, but the Imperialists will win a close Game 1.
: And that is not the kind of game that Marauder wants to see from Nolan Ryan.

: And the Imperialists will take the Hardcore Title with another win.
: That means that if they win tomorrow's game, they'll also get the European and United States titles for sweeping the Bangers.
: Neither of these first two wins have been decisive, especially when you consider that the Bangers are resting players, but wins are wins.

: And the Imperialists do it! A three-game sweep! And they've taken all of the Finger-Bangers' titles!
: Luck is sometimes the most powerful force in the Super-League. That or Jim Edmonds.

: And the Imperialists will be the new triple-champions of the Super-League! But their reign may not last long as they have a three-game set with the Unicorns next week. Pending that, we'll have either the Imperialists-Bloggers or the Unicorns-Finger-Bangers. It might be exciting!

Team Statistics

Analysis

Thank god for the draft, because your team has a bunch of holes that need to get filled.

Analysis

Rough week as the Dickshots seem to have solved your pitching. Also, Lee isn't working out, you have do something about that.

Analysis

Rex Super-Liga!

Analysis

I feel like your team will do better soon enough.

Analysis

The strategy of the Unicorns is simple. Draw many walks, issue none.

Analysis

It's a deep hole, but James Coburn is all about the comebacks!

Also, Bert Blyleven continues to rock.

Analysis

You're going to want to take a pitcher in the draft, but you already knew that.

Analysis

Still technically a winning week!

Analysis

Well, this has been quite the turnaround. Now trade or draft a better shortstop before it all goes away!

Analysis

Well, that was bound to happen sooner or later, and at least your starters got some rest.

Analysis

Guess whose Pete Alexander just sustained a bit of permanent ratings damage!

Still, it might not be that bad, it's just something to keep an eye on.

Analysis

All pitching, no hitting.

Analysis

As long as you stay somewhat healthy, it probably won't get much worse.

Analysis

Bring forth old McDowell!

Analysis

ONE WEEK OF SPACE JAM REMAINING!

Analysis

I like to think that Milt Pappas is actually an undercover agent, sabotaging the Bloggers in order to save the Super-League. He's a true hero!

Standings and Leaders

A. A gyros...or the hostages get it! - 3 votes

B. Full immunity for any crimes past or present...and fuel for Mark Grace's rocket cycle! - 10 votes

C. Demand the State of Illinois install a Marxist government! - 2 votes

Some suggested making a gyros on his own, but Mark Grace knew that to be madness! Only a highly-trained professional was capable of making a food-grade gyros, if an untrained amateur like Grace tried to slice that meat, he'd be more likely to injure himself, or start a grease fire, or even trigger some sort of meltdown. And let's not even get started on the dangers of that cucumber-yogurt sauce!

Grace picked up the phone to talk to the police, and demanded immunity for his crimes, as well as some rocket fuel for his rocket cycle. He had been itching to try out that rocket cycle all day, and this seemed like as good a time as any to get some.

The police, in response, sent over a negotiator and a SWAT team. The negotiator, McGregor, opened up the negotiations by asking that Mark Grace release a hostage as a show of good faith, and, if they could get that done, then everything else would be that much easier.

Then again, this man does not have Mark Grace's best interests at heart and, for what it's worth, li'l Brian Pillman certainly seems hesitant to make any sort of deal. He did figure out how to make the soda fountain work, though, and is now enjoying a large Mountain Dew, so maybe that's clouding his judgment, as Mountain Dew tends to.

DECISION TIME

A. Send out the injured cashier!

B. Send out Mrs. Applebaum, a 60 year-old retiree!

C. "No deal, McGregor! I want that immunity in writing before I release anyone! And it better be state AND federal immunity!"

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-Draft IX Order

I'm hoping someone does the google doc so I don't have to.

Anyway, here's the order, without any of the trades figured in.

Round 1
1. Rochester Generics (.333)
2. Cuba Smokers (.366)
3. Saturn Biosparks (.366)
4. Coburns (.372)
5. Cleveland Commies (.390)
6. Philadelphia Failures (.405)
7. Spokane Air Raids (.415)
8. Burma Imperialists (.415)
9. New Orleans Mashers (.429)
10. New England Arguments (.429)
11. Florida Oranges (.463)
12. Portland Bulldogs (.463)
13. Oxbridge Mathematicians (.463)
14. Seattle Suicides (.465)
15. Cancun Tornados (.476)
16. Albany Pessimists (.488)
17. San Juan Elephants (.488)
18. Florida Dickshots (.500)
19. Dubai Dervishes (.500)
20. Hartford Whalers (.512)
21. Oneida Mighty Spooners (.512)
22. Web 2.0 Bloggers (.535)
23. Rockford Losers (.561)
24. Ryleh Cultists (.561)
25. Barons (.610)
26. Antarctica Unspecifieds (.610)
27. Fukuoka Finger-Bangers (.628)
28. Luna Landers (.628)
29. Lombard St. Gumshoes (.636)
30. South Bolton Eazy W's (.651)
31. Cleveland Unicorns (.659)
32. Finger Lakes Phoenixes (.659)
Round 2
33. Rochester Generics (.333)
34. Cuba Smokers (.366)
35. Saturn Biosparks (.366)
36. Coburns (.372)
37. Cleveland Commies (.390)
38. Philadelphia Failures (.405)
39. Spokane Air Raids (.415)
40. Burma Imperialists (.415)
41. New Orleans Mashers (.429)
42. New England Arguments (.429)
43. Florida Oranges (.463)
44. Portland Bulldogs (.463)
45. Oxbridge Mathematicians (.463)
46. Seattle Suicides (.465)
47. Cancun Tornados (.476)
48. Albany Pessimists (.488)
49. San Juan Elephants (.488)
50. Florida Dickshots (.500)
51. Dubai Dervishes (.500)
52. Hartford Whalers (.512)
53. Oneida Mighty Spooners (.512)
54. Web 2.0 Bloggers (.535)
55. Rockford Losers (.561)
56. Ryleh Cultists (.561)
57. Barons (.610)
58. Antarctica Unspecifieds (.610)
59. Fukuoka Finger-Bangers (.628)
60. Luna Landers (.628)
61. Lombard St. Gumshoes (.636)
62. South Bolton Eazy W's (.651)
63. Cleveland Unicorns (.659)
64. Finger Lakes Phoenixes (.659)

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Well I'll be damned.

Make Walker Cooper Frank Smith's personal catcher because I forgot to do that until now, and switch Martinez and Oswalt's spots in the rotation. Also, C.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Swap Bridges and Lee I guess. So much for his all-star season last year.

Also, voting B

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

B, if we send out the injured cashier they'll know we injured them and be in trouble!

Smasher is my BABIP terrible or is my offense's fatigue en masse the problem?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

oldskool posted:

B, if we send out the injured cashier they'll know we injured them and be in trouble!

Smasher is my BABIP terrible or is my offense's fatigue en masse the problem?

A lot of it is BABIP, with all of your starts except Mauer and Suzuki having a BABIP of .250 or lower. That can't last much longer.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Here's an editable spreadsheet for both rounds.

Don't be a dick.

Also B for the obit because of what oldskool just said.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Send Drysdale to the DL and summon forth McDowell the elder.

While we're tweaking the pitching staff, a few slider adjustments:
Letting pitchers pitch through trouble: +1
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +1

Also, I guess Big Hurt needs some days off, so let's sit him vs RHP and adjust that lineup as so:
2B Frisch
LF Speaker
SS Cronin
CF Charleston
RF Robinson
C Torre/Martinez
1B Youkilis
3B Rose
P Pitcher

Finally, voting C for the obit story.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Whoops, thought i'd already posted. Yes, as guessed, Damon in for Elliott.

Also, voting A, because it would be unhygenic to eventually make gyros with an injured person around.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

mrnoun posted:

At the time of the Super Draft:

IF Tejada's OBP < .300 (he's not contributing on offense)
AND Tejada's DRAA < 0 (and he's also playing bad defense)
OR if one of them is truly lousy (OBP < .250, or DRAA < -10)

THEN the Landers have the right to one of the following:

-Return Tejada to the Commies, in return for your 1st round pick, to draft a new shortstop;
-Exchange our 1st round pick for your 1st round pick, if you decide you'd rather have a pick than Tejada back;
-Or, if your pick ends up being in, say, the Top 5 (really really valuable), you can opt to void the deal and return Maddux for Tejada, keeping your pick.

With the Super Draft order posted, the Landers are officially activating the Insurance Policy. My preference would be to return Tejada for the pick, but really, they all seem like decent options to me. What's your preference, Faustoan Bargain?

This is a difficult vote. On the one hand, the injured cashier probably requires medical attention after the beating Pillman gave her. She was bleeding pretty badly.

On the other hand, Scott McGregor was one of those crafty junk-dealing lefties, and they simply cannot be trusted. Now, we have no proof that the hostage negotiator is Scott McGregor, but is that a chance we can really afford to take?

I think we have to take the chance. Mark Grace is not a villain, he won't let some poor cashier die just because he slugs 30 points lower against lefties. We should vote A, and remember not to chase his curveball, he likes to throw it out of the zone when he's ahead in the count.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Voting for C.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Guess whose Pete Alexander just sustained a bit of permanent ratings damage!

Still, it might not be that bad, it's just something to keep an eye on.

Well I was already concerned when he started the season with such a low rating considering how good Alexander is as a player overall, why did he suffer the damage?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

UZworm posted:

Well I was already concerned when he started the season with such a low rating considering how good Alexander is as a player overall, why did he suffer the damage?

He's old, and old pitchers have a harder time coming back from injuries in Mogul (and, to a lesser extent, real life).

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
New Orleans

Packaging Dick Allen + my second round Super Draft pick for as high a pick as possible
(probably not going to accept unless it's top 3)

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Voting A.

When is the Draft starting?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

mentholmoose posted:

Voting A.

When is the Draft starting?

The twelve hour clock for kw0134 will start tomorrow at noon.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

mrnoun posted:

My preference would be to return Tejada for the pick, but really, they all seem like decent options to me. What's your preference, Faustoan Bargain?

I'm not too eager to get Tejada back - he should have more power, but he'd basically be a defensive replacement for Mora so far. I'd prefer to swap first round picks if you'd take whatever I'm getting from Mornacale - 22nd is the one listed, but I don't know if he traded that around at all - instead of the #5. If you'd insist on the #5, guess we'd go to option 3, and hope Maddux and Tejada would both stop sucking with a change of scenery.

Voting A.

Edit - checked Mornacale's spreadsheet, pretty sure the pick I'm due and would be willing to let you move up to is indeed #22.

Faustoan Bargain fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 29, 2012

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Oh boy, first pick...again. Let's see, do I want a Nap Lajoie who can't hit with any sort of power or a young Mantle? Decisions, decisions.

For the obit, an expendable hostage is best, so B.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

By the way, the draft spreadsheet doesn't reflect any of the three thousand trades that Mornacale made to acquire picks, so, he'll probably want to edit it to reflect the reality of the situation at some point.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
What an awful week. Losing record, ratings losses at CF and C (seriously, did Fisk get hurt or something?), messed up rotation.

New Spreadsheet

1) Bonds to the DL, Norm Cash called up to the bench. Lineup changes accordingly. Yuck.
2) Phil Douglas makes a spot start for Pappas, plus a gentle reminder that Lolich moved to #3. Freehan moves back to catch his buddy Hendrix.
3) Sliders, most notably making sure not to start anyone on short rest this week.

e: A summary of my pick trades:
Bloggers get: Elephants' 1st-rounder, Commies' 2nd-rounder
Commies get: Bloggers' 1st-rounder
Pessimists get: Bloggers' 2nd-rounder

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Speaking of trading, if anyone has a shortstop they'd like to give me that'd be swell.

e: Something I should point out: I need one with a good glove, since my rotation is very groundball dependent. Make me an offer!

Monicro fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 29, 2012