Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

raditts posted:

By "legendaries" do you guys mean "orange items" or are you talking about something else? If so, why do you call them "legendaries"?

I was wondering that too, but I couldn't find where the patch was to delete it when I looked in the storage listing.
Because "legendary" is the rarity name for orange stuff, like seraph is for pink stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
^^ I keep getting beaten. haha.

raditts posted:

By "legendaries" do you guys mean "orange items" or are you talking about something else? If so, why do you call them "legendaries"?

Yes, and I don't know. I think it stems from the orange legendary class mods? Or maybe I have it all hosed up and when people say legendaries they really just mean the class mods.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

raditts posted:

I was wondering that too, but I couldn't find where the patch was to delete it when I looked in the storage listing.
Borderlands uses the same rarity scale as World of Warcraft

White: Common
Green: Uncommon
Blue: Rare
Purple: Epic
Orange: Legendary

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Borderlands uses the same rarity scale as World of Warcraft

White: Common
Green: Uncommon
Blue: Rare
Purple: Epic
Orange: Legendary

When Grandma Burps, Patrick Obeys

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

10 Beers posted:

Anyone have any heads/skins they could dupe on 360? GT: Flexible Ethics

Also, what are some fun Siren builds? I'm straight Cataclysm right now.

I sent you a friend request a couple of days ago.

And some legendaries are horrible. Why would I want a sniper rifle that doesn't have a scope and only shoots arrows?

Jubs fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 29, 2012

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Jubs posted:

And some legendaries are horrible. Why would I want a sniper rifle that doesn't have a scope and only shoots arrows?

Hilariously, that's one of my favorites. It has a great critical bonus and with a moderate ES glitch it can easily pick off just about anyone at 9mil damage a pop. Insta-kill with every round!

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

abaddonis posted:

When Grandma Burps, Patrick Obeys
They need to update this for seraph items.

When Grandma Burps, Patrick Obeys. Pussy.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was told that a Kerblaster commando with all the rocket and grenade damage increase perks is an amazing damage output, but I'm just not seeing it yet. Anybody else running this build?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Speedboat Jones posted:

I was told that a Kerblaster commando with all the rocket and grenade damage increase perks is an amazing damage output, but I'm just not seeing it yet. Anybody else running this build?

Just like everything else in the game it is probably heavily gear dependent.

Always add "*assuming you have one of the highest damage legendary weapons in the game" to any claim that a build has awesome damage output.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Can someone help me get the gently caress out of sawtooth canyon? I've been stuck here over two hours and the map is useless and not identifying what level the fast travel is on.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

The Rokstar posted:

They need to update this for seraph items.

When Grandma Burps, Patrick Obeys. Pussy.
Also, e-tech.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

VaultAggie posted:

Can someone help me get the gently caress out of sawtooth canyon? I've been stuck here over two hours and the map is useless and not identifying what level the fast travel is on.

Save and Quit, restart game, end up at Fast Travel!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I may have asked this before but now I've got the DLC it's more relevant. When is it best to do them? Me and my friend are playing splitscreen co-op and are at level 29, just finished the Bunker mission I think. The DLC is level 30 right? So if we go in asap and do both will it push us way higher than the mainquest will go so that'll be boring or will that scale up with us? Or should we wait until we've done the mainquest and then do the DLC or just do it in TVHM when we start that (and what level/when is it best to do that at if this is the best option)?

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
I'm bored and would love to swap some boosting and gear.

Xbox: QXEV

MyMomSaysImKeen
May 5, 2010

Speedboat Jones posted:

I'm running an Impact Grenadier currently on live (same as Forum handle). I'm running with a Kerblaster, 2x Thunderballfist, Torgue spingun (5.7fr/45ish ammo), a harold, and a Pocket Rocket.

As far as damage is concerned I can't complain. The spingun listed above has about 12500 dmg, but hits for over 80k a shot. It's entirely gear dependant though. But even that silly blue Pocket Rocket pistol sold in Torgue vending machines hits for just shy of 200k w/o a Bee shield for me currently.

Skill wise I went for Double Up, as I wanted a slag option, and Crisis Management kind of works well with using a Bee Shield as you'll be running on empty quite a lot (it also helps you do damage while in second wind).

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

VaultAggie posted:

If it's the place I think it is because I got stuck there for like an hour myself, you have to go up a hill on the opposite side of the canyon from where the fast travel looks like it should be. Then you'll get to an overpass that leads there. I liked Borderlands 2 overall, but man does that map loving suck, I hope they fix that in the next game.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Jubs posted:

That thing actually outdamages my buffalo rifle somehow on a sniper specced Zero. Using scopeless sniper rifles is actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it. I can't be the only one that thought Sawtooth Canyon was unnecessary padding.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Splits posted:

I'm bored and would love to swap some boosting and gear.

Xbox: QXEV
Yeah I'm down for this, sent you a message (FREE SHRUGS)

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

Kifisonfire posted:

Yeah I'm down for this, sent you a message (FREE SHRUGS)
Oh hey, sorry I was super into that arcade game. Jump back on and we can waste our lives.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Marogareh posted:

I can't be the only one that thought Sawtooth Canyon was unnecessary padding.

I've played the game to level 50 on two characters, and I still have no idea what going there does. Like, you kill some guy and blow up a Buzzard and that makes the bridge to Fyrestone go up.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It was appreciated by me as a nice break from the robots that made up the rest of the back third of the game though the tower with 5 or 6 buzzards can go gently caress itself solo. Probably would have been better to just make Hyperion a bit more varied as a faction. I was expecting some sort of cyborg hybrid to show up with them.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Wilhelm, bro. It took me four playthroughs to realize it, though.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

I am Reverend posted:

I've played the game to level 50 on two characters, and I still have no idea what going there does. Like, you kill some guy and blow up a Buzzard and that makes the bridge to Fyrestone go up.

It's something to do with getting some bombs so that brick's buddies can explode the bridge open. That whole thing seemed like padding to me too, since from my estimation Pandora is ~40% explosives by weight.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

I found something vaguely offensive about being called 'Slab' all through the endgame, but especially in that stupid canyon and while fighting Bunk3r. I dunno why, just grates on me.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Is there a particular weapon set I should be aiming for on salvador? I was thinking double pistols since there's a talent that boosts their damage but they're kind of dull.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Sleekly posted:

I found something vaguely offensive about being called 'Slab' all through the endgame, but especially in that stupid canyon and while fighting Bunk3r. I dunno why, just grates on me.
I would have been just fine if Brick died and Roland lived.

Oh and Splits, sorry about earlier, I ended up having to do something else before we got to trade poo poo. I'll add you though.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Kifisonfire posted:

Oh and Splits, sorry about earlier, I ended up having to do something else before we got to trade poo poo. I'll add you though.

I don't like your attitude there "Slab!"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Is there a particular weapon set I should be aiming for on salvador? I was thinking double pistols since there's a talent that boosts their damage but they're kind of dull.

I use pistols or pistol/SMG as the first set and shotgun / sniper on the second set.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kifisonfire posted:

Sorry, but Roland died of a serious case of "boring character syndrome."

Quantum Cat
May 6, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
I'm out in singapore, but am on odd hours and would love to play w some goons. GT: AleksanderB
P.s. if anyone could dupe the legendary siren mod I'd appreciate it.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Speedboat Jones posted:

Sorry, but Roland died of a serious case of "boring character syndrome."

Yeah, at least Brick had that gleeful carnage personality. Roland was your generic army commander. Reminded me of the army commander in Cloverfield, if you remember him*.

*No, you don't.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

It's not that I mind being shouted at constantly by NPC's, not once when Mr Torque did it did I think, "Wow how annoying is this guy?" but whenever Brick did I wanted a mute option just for him.

KNOCK KNOCK BITCHES I'm totally fine with though.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Brick's commentary was the only thing that made Sawtooth Canyon enjoyable.

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

Poala Bear posted:

If you guys are on Xbox, send me an invite (GT is hushi907). I'm not looking for legendary mods anymore, I managed to get all five classes from various goons and lucky Verm kills. I'll be happy to dupe them along with any other legendaries that I have that you might be interested. Just message me what you're looking for! Merry Christmas

FYI, just sent you an invite. GT mirthalac.

hope you're still taking requests!

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.
Sawtooth Canyon was the dumbest part of the game. gently caress that zone.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

Sawtooth Canyon was the dumbest part of the game. gently caress that zone.

Luckily, you can cut out most of the first section by just jumping down and immediately running left. If you use Zer0, you can activate deception and be almost to the underground section by the time it ends, especially if you manage to kill a guy or two on the way

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
As my first character to 50 by legitimate leveling up, Sawtooth Canyon was a pain in the rear end. Nomad heavies blowing up my sentry as soon as I throw it out with their drat rocket launchers, then blasting me and killing me. :argh:

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

mirthalac posted:

FYI, just sent you an invite. GT mirthalac.

hope you're still taking requests!

Sure, I'll be on later tonight. Just shoot me a message later of any oranges you're looking for and if I got em I'll toss em your way!

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

So I was on my way to farm Pete, and I got distracted by this for a good minute or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

So I was on my way to farm Pete, and I got distracted by this for a good minute or so

Only 33 stacks on the infinity?

• Locked thread