Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Trip Report: Cook-Out

I'm going to fail my next weigh-in and it's all your fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

Harmburger posted:

Trip Report: Cook-Out

I'm going to fail my next weigh-in and it's all your fault.

I really don't think Cookout is that good. I have a friend that likes to eat there and I've been with him a couple times and everything tastes really mediocre. The sweet tea was really good, though. They clean the nozzles at least, for anyone that knows that taste tea gets when poured out of a dirty nozzle.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
:getout::frogout::getout::frogout::getout::frogout::getout::frogout::getout::frogout::getout::frogout::getout::frogout::getout::frogout::getout::frogout::getout::frogout:

Today I decided to add something to that list: Go to Seaside Farms in Mt Pleasant. It's a nice little area. Basil is pretty good food.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Hobolicious posted:

They do concerts at the Dive now? I remember Vanilla Ice did one there while I was in Charleston, didn't know other people did.

Yeah, they remodeled it years ago. knocked out the interior walls, told A&W to :frogout:, and built a nice bar/stage/place to chillax. Cheep beer too.

BULLETS CURE ISLAM posted:

Asked for MM, got it. Asked to stay in SC for prototype, got it. Asked for welder school, got it. Asked for San Diego fast attack, got it. My roommates and I were all on the same shift and in the same crew too. 0_o

Holy poo poo we are the same person.

Except I asked to go to Guam:negative:

KetTarma posted:

Hey, 3 section isn't that bad.

It could be worse. Try port and starboard! It's great!

P/S with P/S watches because people are getting dequalled for stupid poo poo during a POAM. :eng99:

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
Also, The Dive now has Shiner Bock on draft!

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

A&W was the only good part of the Dive.

When I went TAD to NNSY, I hit the gently caress up out of that place at the NEX. Fried cheese curd things are delicious.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Tried Perfectly Franks yesterday, some of the most liquid-y chili I've ever seen, it had all pretty much ran off the dog by the time I got it. The barbecue sandwich on a dog was pretty good though. Overall I'd give it 7/10 because of the bad chili.

Conqueror Bounma
Sep 1, 2004
Went to MEPS, got a 98 on the asvab and auto qualified for Nuke. However I got a "D" once in algebra when I was a freshman in high school 8 years ago. Gotta get a waiver for that. Sitting on hands for a week hoping it goes through, if not I have to take the NAPT, which will apparently over ride the waiver somehow.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Conqueror Bounma posted:

Went to MEPS, got a 98 on the asvab and auto qualified for Nuke. However I got a "D" once in algebra when I was a freshman in high school 8 years ago. Gotta get a waiver for that. Sitting on hands for a week hoping it goes through, if not I have to take the NAPT, which will apparently over ride the waiver somehow.

I felt cool because I auto qualified too, its a trap, run for your life!!!!!

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

This is the least ridiculous part of the nuclear field.
Ps i made a 99 suck it newbs

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
so smart you reenlisted for prototype AND went reserves!!!

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

I reenlisted the day i showed up to my ship because i was overwhelmed with HONOR, COURAGE and COMMITMENT at the sight of a Nimitz-class supercarrier and her strikegroup.

Reserves are pretty sweet though. Its like doublefisting the govt teat bro

ho

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Conqueror Bounma posted:

Went to MEPS, got a 98 on the asvab and auto qualified for Nuke. However I got a "D" once in algebra when I was a freshman in high school 8 years ago. Gotta get a waiver for that. Sitting on hands for a week hoping it doesn't go through, if not I have to take the NAPT, which will apparently over ride my happiness for the next 6 years or until I go sad.

ftfy

Conqueror Bounma
Sep 1, 2004

Very Nice.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

There is a dude at my last command that was trying to get denuked for sleep apnea and talking it up on facebook...until he did a sleep study and was pronounced completely healthy. Now he's posting non-stop about his anxiety attacks and how stressed he is. I think he's trying to build up a reputation/cover story for when he finally goes sad. Dude has been a nuke on a fast attack for 8 years. Then again, prototype.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Sometimes it just breaks you man I said gently caress this after 2 years on my boat, never lied to anyone or anything just finally saw a psych and I was gone....i never took meds because I thought after limdu I might be able to go back but they took my nuke poo poo and my sub qual. Its whatever though because I was still a fully qualified nuke and still went on another deployment, finished my enlistment, and got an honorable. :)

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

KetTarma posted:

There is a dude at my last command that was trying to get denuked for sleep apnea and talking it up on facebook...until he did a sleep study and was pronounced completely healthy. Now he's posting non-stop about his anxiety attacks and how stressed he is. I think he's trying to build up a reputation/cover story for when he finally goes sad. Dude has been a nuke on a fast attack for 8 years. Then again, prototype.

No clue why you'd be denuked for it but sleep apnea is automatic 50% disability cash money when you get out, hth. Had a MMCS with it with a CPAP in the goat locker and everything.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
we had a guy who got out of the navy due to NIGHT TERRORS like seriously while sleeping he'd just flip the gently caress out, it was crazy. I guess the isolation does stuff to some people

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
We had guys on my boat who would go up next to your rack and whisper your name, all sneaky like. Used to freak me the hell out. Sometimes they'd keep coming by just to gently caress with you until you were out of the rack. The real daring ones would reach in and tickle your feet and poo poo

The guys who would do poo poo like pull the fire alarm and shout FIRE FIRE and then when you were up out of bed and standing around with a fire hose all dazed and poo poo they'd be like 'Haha jk just a drill' were pretty bad but they only did that a few times per week, those birthing whisperer fucks were at you like every 18 hours

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
before i got there they used to megger(idk if you can verb that or how to spell it) people who were sleeping

im all for a good prank but im pretty sure id murder someone if they did that to me

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

KetTarma posted:

Reserves are pretty sweet though. Its like doublefisting the govt teat bro

Pell grant and VRAP. :smuggo:

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Mad Dragon posted:

Pell grant and VRAP. :smuggo:

gently caress you a thousand times.
I can't get either.
gently caress you, Excelsior college. I seriously consider getting a degree from there to be one of the largest mistakes of my life.

e: wow, that sounded crazy.

Meggering happened a lot. My WCS used to catch me sleeping during field day all the time. She carried a battery powered megger around and would shock the hell out of my ears or ankles. After so many times it stops bothering you as much. I guess its kind of like being the ET off of Down Periscope.

KetTarma fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 4, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
i loving hate hate HATE electrical poo poo. like for some reason now my truck shocks me every single time i get out and it sucks :(

got enough steam burns for 10 people though Heh

itsrobbiej
Oct 23, 2010
Today was not a good day at prototype. That's all I'm gonna say :opcon?:

itsrobbiej fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 4, 2013

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Did the realization that you are a SPU sink in?

itsrobbiej
Oct 23, 2010
Oh no, I still enjoy being a SPU. It's funny to me how things go from OK to DEAR GOD in a matter of a couple of hours.

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
I'm moving to NY on the 18th for prototype! Pretty exciting to get out of Goose Creek, right? Check the weather up there and it's -8*F. I've never even seen snow!

itsrobbiej
Oct 23, 2010
Nice. It looks like it's warming up a bit for this week at least. Drive safe and don't get into trouble. You don't want to report and already be in the poo poo.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

ChewedFood posted:

I'm moving to NY on the 18th for prototype! Pretty exciting to get out of Goose Creek, right? Check the weather up there and it's -8*F. I've never even seen snow!

I still haven't:smug:

Born/raised in FL, Charleston prototype, welding school in CT (in the spring, no snow), and then stationed in Guam. Snow is for losers:smug:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Yeah, but you're in Guam.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Mad Dragon posted:

Yeah, but you're in Guam.

WAS in Guam. Back in FL now. Lemme check the weather... Gonna get down to 63f tonight, might have to turn on the heater:3:

edit: ps seriously gently caress snow

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

I like that my heater runs for about 45 minutes a day during the winter.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
Why are so many goons nukes, this is a mystery, I mean drat, we have enough people here for a division.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Ryand-Smith posted:

Why are so many goons nukes, this is a mystery, I mean drat, we have enough people here for a division.
Unique combination of smart yet so stupid that's the prevailing demographic on these forums, I suspect.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

KetTarma posted:

I like that my heater runs for about 45 minutes a day during the winter.

I haven't turned mine on yet this winter:ssh:

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.

Ryand-Smith posted:

No one in my division has ever heard of SA, and there's 42 of us. But that's fine by me. Most of them aren't goon worthy anyways.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

He doesn't post in GiP anymore, but I kind of met belt through the forums. He convinced me that joining the nuke program was a great idea when he was in a-school.

Two years later, I showed up to his ship.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Did you punch him IRL?

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

There may have been inappropriate touching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337_ScriptKiddie
Mar 21, 2009

What is going on in here?

KetTarma posted:

He doesn't post in GiP anymore, but I kind of met belt through the forums. He convinced me that joining the nuke program was a great idea when he was in a-school.

Two years later, I showed up to his ship.

Did you pound him?

At least I got my fair share of warnings and expected things to start sucking. If you guys encouraged me I could not even imagine how horrifying my first trip into the Rickover would have been.

• Locked thread