Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

mentholmoose posted:

Anybody you're interested in on the Failures roster straight up for the pick?

e: Here's a link to the roster: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=83#post410464590

Tough to say; I like Pedroia but don't know if I'd want to get him just to platoon with Morgan, and I like McCovey but he's a bit young to be the power bat I want to pick up. I'll take another look at your roster later on to see if I see any one guy who'd be worth it to me.

Edit - new page? Spreadsheet link! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhZIXpc5ryLodE5JM1FmZmhQQzlVVnBaQWdXVnZLbFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League VIII, Dynamo League Week 8: PACKERSPACKERSPACKERSPACKERSPACKERSPACKERS

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

MICHAEL JORDAN FIXES EVERYTHING, ELEPHANTS ROLL OVER GENERICS 5-1

Rochester- The power of the Space Jam may be waning, but Michael Jordan still had a little of that cosmic power left in him.

Jordan had two doubles, a single and a home run to lead the Generics to another victory, nudging them over .500 for the season, and making them seem viable for the first time all year.

It was a great performance for a team that needed to show something this week. tatanktonk, the owner of the Elephants, summed up his feelings for the media, "Everybody, get up. It's time to slam now. We've got a real slam going down. Welcome to the Space Jam...here's your chance, do your dance at the Space Jam. Alright...." Slowly nodding his head, tatankatonk continued, "But what is the Space Jam, really? I believe that the power of the Space Jam dwells within all of us, just waiting to be tapped. That great potential that does not exalt the individual so much as shows us the power of the human spirit fully unleashed. And that is what I believe in now."

kw0134, who would like to remind everyone that he is definitely a man no matter what 5/6ths of the Bearers' obit alleged, saw the writing on the wall, "Okay, I'll admit, this is not exactly how I wanted to see the Generics' season start, especially not in a division with the Oranges, Dervishes and Losers. You know, I don't know exactly what to do at this point. I've tried yelling at my team, I've tried drugging them, I've even considered cybernetic replacements for them, but the cost was prohibitive. Do you know how much a robot Goose Goslin costs? It's not cheap."

Asked for why these recaps were so short this week, Commissar Smasher Dynamo explained, "Must see Packers win #2 seed! Nothing else matters!"

gently caress ADRIAN PETERSON

Box Score

Don May posted:

BULLDOGS PULL OUT 5-4 WIN

Portland- Sometimes, putting bad fielders on the field can really gently caress you over.

In the top of the tenth, the game was tied 3-3, with the Pessimists trying to get something down. Bill Terry led off the inning with a single, and with terrible-fielding Lombardi behind the plate, Terry was easily able to steal second, allowing him to be driven home by Ryan Braun immediately afterward on a single. Would Terry have scored without the stolen base? Possibly, but Lombardi's poor fielding certainly made it a lot easier for them to take the lead.

But sometimes, it doesn't really matter, as the Bulldogs proved. With runners on the corners and two outs, Frank Howard tied the game with a single to right, which allowed Lombardi a chance to prove that his bat could carry his glove, with he did with aplomb, hitting a single to score another run, giving the Bulldogs a walk-off win.

TKBomber, the owner of the Bulldogs and serial cheater, explained that, "I sure as gently caress wasn't going to let my team be beaten by Atlee loving Hammaker!"

TKBomber and BearDrivingTruck probably had more to say, but, as they were not the Packers game, they were summarily ignored. What the gently caress do you want from me, anyway? This is the only time of the year when one of my sports team even has a chance, okay? The Blackhawks are locked out forever, Derrick Rose's knee doesn't work, and the Cubs are going to keep on being the Cubs for the foreseeable future. The Packers are my only chance, and if they have to play the Vikings again next week, well, I'm worried they'll gently caress it up again.

Listen, I don't have a lot going well in my life, all I want is for something to go right, and, at this point, this is all I have.

Box Score

The Hardcore Diaries by Mick Foley

: gently caress this. No time! Imperialists lose the Hardcore title to the Unicorns 1-2.

: And then the Bangers won it from the Unicorns 2-1.

: There, we're done. See you next week.

Team Statistics

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Analysis

Standings and Leaders

A. Food? Good, because it's time that Mark Grace got that gyros! - 2 votes

B. That cashier isn't in great shape, some medical treatment might not be the worst idea. - 5 votes

C. "Stop stalling, McGregor! You don't get me that agreement, signed by the D.A., and some rocket fuel, then bodies are going to start dropping! Is that what you want on your conscience? - 3 votes

"Okay, McGregor," Mark Grace knew what he wanted, "The cashier's hurt...due to some crazy circumstance that I am in no way responsible for. But, either way, we need a medic, let's make that happen, because otherwise, I'm not going to need to execute a hostage, I'll just need to watch her bleed out."

That news certainly didn't improve McGregor's mood. The last thing he needed was for people to start dying, especially like this. "You know, Grace, I can send in a paramedic but, if she's that badly hurt, maybe it would be smarter to let her go. After all, there's not much use for a dead hostage, is there?"

"Stop loving with me McGregor. She's losing a lot of blood, I'd hurry. And get me the drat immunity agreement already. I'm patient, but I'm not that patient, and I think you're better off with me going free than a whole lotta people going down." Mark Grace hung up the phone. He was sure that McGregor was stalling, and that couldn't be good for him.

McGregor grimaced, couldn't anything go easily. Still, it wasn't over yet, he could still pull this off...

A few minutes, the medic arrived at the entrance. He was a couple of inches shorter than Grace, with a big, black mustache. Grace was concerned by that, after all, cops grow mustaches, but paramedics...that didn't seem right....

DECISION TIME!

A. Refuse to allow the Medic in.

B. Let the Medic in.

C. gently caress ADRIAN PETERSON

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 30, 2012

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
C

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Bruzer, you are banned from the Super-League until the Packers reach another Super Bowl.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
C

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Well you better think of ideas for my obit at this rate. Also, C.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011
C

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

A

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

I'm pretty sure this was your vote.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Look at this loving nerd

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
If I am allowed to vote, it's C.

I always knew I liked you for some reason, Smasher.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Stop giving up so many runs. :qq:

Rotation

#1 Grove
#2 Coveleski
#3 Koufax
#4 Newcombe
#5 Drysdale

vs. Righties no DH

3B McGraw
LF Hamilton
CF Speaker
RF Snider
SS Banks
1B Hodges
C Campanella
2B Stephenson

vs. Lefties no DH

RF STEVE
2B Robinson
1B Hodges
SS Banks
C Campanella
LF Kelley
CF Speaker
3B Cronin

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Voting C.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
C

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
C

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
C

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
C.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

Faustoan Bargain posted:

Got a couple names I'm interested enough in, but think I'd prefer to trade down at this point. Anyone looking to move up? I'd be open to taking a later pick plus a depth guy (or just two late picks, given how many holes my roster has), or might just give up the pick for a power bat/starter.

Well, if you're sending down Harper, you'll have a gap at LF. I've got '51 Ralph Kiner: .309/.452/.627 that year, for a 185 OPS+. Lead the majors in home runs. If memory serves, he hit 30 HR for me the first two seasons in the League.

Give me the pick - just look how well Averill is working out for you!

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

The Commies trade their #5 pick to the Imperialists for '51 Ralph Kiner.

Jayson Werth is banished to AAA Sandusky.

Vs. RHP
2B Morgan
CF Averill
LF Kiner
DH Stargell
RF Clemente
3B Tejada
C Burgess
1B Palmeiro
SS Ramirez

Lineup vs. LHP
1B Morse
RF Clemente
LF Kiner
DH Stargell
C Lopez
SS Mora
CF Averill
3B Zimmerman
2B Morgan

Edit: Lest I forget the importance of democracy, A. That mustache ain't right.

Faustoan Bargain fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 31, 2012

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
B. Let him in and take him hostage too! More bargaining chips!

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
Emphatically C. Also while the Dervishes do not have any moves at this time, they would like to admonish their starting pitching to get it together. This reunited Vae Victis definitely feels different... In fact, something else is up with the entire Dynamo League. Every catcher is terrible according the the game's defensive metrics, with the least terrible starters as a rate being Roy Campanella and a Yogi Berra. Something seems off about this.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
My thanks to the baseballing soviet of Cleveland - in keeping with Bob Feller and Sam McDowell, we will be drafting

Smoky Joe Wood.

Maddux is safer, but let other teams be satisfied with safety! We ride the fireball!

Eddie Collins back to second base, Rickey back to LF. Send down old Will Clark, call up Tartabull and platoon him with Berkman, platoon Cedeño with Edmonds to give him an extra day off. Thanks, Smasher.

Haha, B!

(mentholmoose and the Failures are on the clock)

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

The Failures will play it safe and select '93 Greg Maddux.

Send down Robin Roberts to fit Maddux on the roster, and set the rotation to Alexander-Maddux-Vaughn-Lester-Clemens.

e: ManifunkDestiny and the Spokane Air Raids are on the clock.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 31, 2012

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN
So apparently I own one Walter Johnson who will join my starting rotation. I would like to thank the commissioner and apologize for my on and off involvement in the thread. Work has been kicking my rear end and I have been pulling doubles for the last 10 days (except for Christmas). Do not take my lack of action as a sign of apathy.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
gently caress ADRIAN PETERSON.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Bruzer, you are banned from the Super-League until the Packers reach another Super Bowl.

They might make this Super Bowl - no off-week to get them off their rhythm.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Let's re-shuffle the vs RHP lineup to bring back Big Hurt and give Frisch and Cronin some rest:

2B Rose
LF Speaker
1B Thomas
CF Charleston
RF Robinson
C Torre/Robinson
3B Youkilis
SS Tejada
P Pitcher

As for the obit vote, I guess I should vote C since the Vikings did knock the Bears out of the playoffs.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I choose B because I am very happy with the Vikings right now. #2 seed, baby!

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

So when do drafted players activate? I know you have to add 'em all.

Giles to RF, Brett platoons at third with Schmidt, Larkin goes to SS.

Clearly B.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Teddy goes back to right field and Barrence to left. Discontinue the CF platoon.

Purple Jesus! B.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Warm Sarsaparilla posted:

So when do drafted players activate? I know you have to add 'em all.

They activate when you pick them.

Also, anyone voting 'A' or 'B' has made a powerful enemy.

And for that matter, you are all so loving lucky you didn't grow up in an authoritarian dictatorship, because you'd all get executed on your first day. The dictator would be like "Man, I really like Blue Oyster Cult!" and you'd be like, "Nah, they were always kind of lame, and their lyrics were laughable at best, and anyone who liked them is a loving moron who should made fun of!" And that's when the shooting would start.

"Oh, man, I'm so happy the 49ers get a bye!" Well, BearDrivingTruck, let's see if the Mogul engine won't get some revenge for me!

Dynamo League Week 9 Injury Report

Albany Pessimists
Denny Neagle (SP) (Well, it's a start!) - 10 days

Antarctica Unspecifieds
Burleigh Grimes (SP) (drat it, Mogul, go after his starters! I want them dead!) - 32 days

Coburns
Rich Gossage (RP) (The correct answer was 'C') - 10 days
George Brett (3B) (I cannot emphasize that enough) - 7 days

Florida Dickshots
Bill Lee (SP) (SP) (I feel like you might have thought of voting something other than 'C') - 16 days

Fukuoka Finger-Bangers
I'll deal with you later.

Rochester Generics
Kevin Brown (SP) (Did you vote C? Well, you didn't vote C hard enough!) - 492 days

Rockford Losers
Arthur Rhodes (RP) (Didn't vote C sincerely enough!) - 29 days

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Smasher Dynamo posted:

"Oh, man, I'm so happy the 49ers get a bye!" Well, BearDrivingTruck, let's see if the Mogul engine won't get some revenge for me!

Well, if it's any consolation, the 9ers are probably not going to make it to the Superbowl, especially with Justin Smith out. Them getting a bye week makes me happy because it sort of makes me feel like they actually can.

Don't ruin this moment of happiness, dude.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

C dear god, C.

C.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I change my vote to C

Didn't know you were going to go New Black Panther Party on me. :ohdear:

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Will voting C suddenly make Rick Sutcliffe not suck balls? Will it bring Whitey Ford and Brett Saberhagen back to me? Will it enable the bottom half of my lineup to start hitting?

In any event, gently caress ADRIAN PETERSON. C

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

DL Lee, call up Neikro and give him his spot in relief. And no, I have not yet learned that putting starters in the bullpen is a bad idea.

Monicro fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 31, 2012

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League VIII, Smasher League Week 8: Unending Bitterness

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

BIOSPARKS SURGE OVER MASHERS 9-4

Enceladus- The Biosparks continued their hot play, easily beating the Mashers 9-4 as they moved into third place in the Senor Goodtimes Division.

With Pete Alexander on the mound, and Babe Ruth finally reaching his potential, the Sparks were able to both put up plenty of runs on the board as well as hold the Mashers to only four runs, a good figure in this season's Smasher League. Even better, new acquisition Hanley Ramirez had another strong performance, with two singles and a walk. It was a solid performance from a team that is rapidly becoming a fringe contender.

The Mashers, on the other hand, are heading in the wrong direction, prompting League Commissar Smasher Dynamo to issue this rare apology, "Dear New Orleans Mashers, I am really sorry that I made roughly three dozen jokes about the South in regards to your team. Granted, as baseball has no place in the South, as proven by the monstrosity known as the Miami Marlins, previously the Florida Marlins, it is wrong to judge the entire population of a region on the stereotypes that are generally agreed to encompass nearly all members of that region. Why, my own grandfather was from Arkansas, and, even though he fled that state at any early age, and never to return, and worked for his life to eliminate any trace of his Southern accent that would identify him as coming from the South, he did occasionally refer to 'bits' as a unit of currency."

"Where was I going with this? Oh, right, sorry for suggesting that you use Matt Williams at second and Joe Torre at third. That led to three errors in this game, which is a lot. I'm really sorry about that too. In summary, while the Mashers are having a bad month, I have full confidence that they will either come back in a big way, or else I will right an obit for them that will probably lead to several Southern states issuing arrest warrants for me. Thank you, and good night."

Box Score

POINT! COUNTERPOINT!

Jack McDowell posted:

SPIRIT OF EAZY W'S MORE THAN A MATCH FOR YOUR PUNY STATISTICS!
by Jack McDowell

My name is Jack McDowell, and Smasher asked me to take over this recap because he apparently has lost all confidence in his ability to write and manage the Super-League. And, to be honest, looking at the rest of the Smasher League, I tend to agree.

I mean, it was just a few seasons ago that there were plenty of decent teams in this league, the Sonics, the Sharks, the Doppels, the Bobbleheads and all of the rest. And people cared about those teams. Now, well, compared to my Eazy W's, none of these teams really pop. It's really sad, actually. I mean, we're out there, trying to bring life into the Super-League with our awesome players, many of whom are developed characters, and all I see are teams like the "Hartford Whalers" or the "New England Arguments", teams without any sizzle or steak! They've got no souls, and without souls, man, what's the point? It might as well just be "Spreadsheets: The LP!".

Personally, I blame the Cultists. CthulhuDreams thought that if he could just crunch enough numbers, he could build a championship team out of nothing. Forget about building team spirit of having any good characters! No, it was just soulless numbers with him, and then, because he got to play in an empty division, he won 100 games. Of course, now that he's come face-to-face with the Legacy of the Eazy W's, his team is falling apart, because, well, he's just got nothing compared to us.

Just look at this game. I outdueled Pedro Martinez. Of course, it was '04 Pedro, and I'm a better pitcher than him, and really, it was his crappy bullpen that blew the game. Still, my larger point is that I won and he lost, just like all of you are going to lose, because none of you is good enough to beat, least of all the Cultists. We are the past, the present, and the future of this league, and until you stop staring at your spreadsheets and create a team based on the human spirit, none of you can possibly defeat us.

Oh, and we even won despite the fact that Yoshida pitched in the game. How does that feel, CthulhuDreams?

CthulhuDreams posted:

loving SMALL SAMPLE SIZES
By CthulhuDreams

Let's be clear about this: human spirit is bullshit. The theory of elan being a decisive force in a battle was brutally disproven in 1914, when thousands of French soldiers were mowed down by German machine gun fire.

And yet, thanks to statistical variation, I have been hosed over, and the Eazy W's look like world-beaters. How frustrating.

Let me say, first of all, that the Eazy W's success is not due to any sort of "spirit" or "character". It is the result of having many good hitters and even better pitchers. I may not be the biggest fan of Jack McDowell, but, in his prime, he had decent power, good control, and perhaps the best forkball of his generation. I don't know that he can keep this pace up, and I certainly don't think that he deserves to be the ace of his team, but he is certainly a solid Super-League starter. And as the rest of the top four consist of Sandy Koufax, Pete Alexander and Cy Young, the greatest pitchers of their respective eras, such an indulgence can be allowed.

But that has little to do with spirit, that has every to do with a concentration of talent, and McDowell's insistence that the W's success is due to anything else is most intellectually honest.

Eventually, when more games have been played, and statistics normalize, I have no doubt that things will begin to swing in our favor. Until then, I will continue to howl in the darkness at this statistical noise that appears to make a fool out of me.

Joe Sewell can't be this bad for this long, can he?

Box Score

TVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTV

: Grumble
: So, uh...feeling better.
: No. And I apologize for nothing.
: Really not even-
: Nothing! Now, the first TV defense of the day is the Arguments against the Phoenixes. The Phoenixes have the best record in the Smasher League, and the Arguments made a total of zero title defense in their previous two reigns as Television Champions. If the Arguments win, it will be a miracle. Still, it's a four game series, and they will win Game 1. They just might have a chance.
: The Phoenixes have made a few adjustments to their lineup this year, and, disappointingly, it looks like those might be enough to give them another championship.

: Phoenixes take Game 2, and they'll still need to win the remaining two games of this series to win the TV Title.
: Marco Scutaro is not a real shortstop.

: And the Arguments will retain for once, as Wakefield continues to have the best season he could possibly have!
: He only has three wins.
: Like I said, the best season he could have.

: Phoenixes will get a split in the series, as Flash Gordon won't save the day this time.
: Was Tom Gordon really called Flash?
: I believe the Yankees even played the Queen song when he entered the game.

: And now, please rise for the playing the Soviet National Anthem, in honor of the Cleveland Commies.
: The Commies have been hot all month, and winning their first title would be a great way to build on that momentum.
: And Strasburg will win Game 1, and that gives the Commies an excellent shot at winning the TV Title here.

: And the Commies will win their first TV Title with a win in Game 2!
: At least Snuffy hit a triple...

: And the Commies complete the sweep, and they look better than ever.
: Poor Snuffy, he just can't get a break.

: Don't care! Next week, it'll be Commies-Smokers and then either Commies-Landers or Smokers-Phoenixes.

Team Statistics

Analysis

I think Slaughter might be a better platoon partner for Evans than Carey.

Analysis

You really need another starting pitcher.

Analysis

Yours is a problem without many good answers.

Analysis

The eternal tragedy of the Phoenixes' #5 starter spot...

Analysis

Putting Velarde at 3B over Schmidt is grounds for immediate relegation.

Analysis

So...drafting a 3B in the draft, then?

Analysis

Clemens continues to improve, and now the Landers are unstoppable.

Analysis

The problem with your players is that they're old, and a bunch of them need days off.

Analysis

At least your pitching is exciting!

Analysis

Fair to say that Johnny Damon may not be the answer in CF.

Analysis

By taking the '11 Red Sox...you have become them! Might as well get a bucket of Popeye's chicken to celebrate!

Analysis

It's still early.

Analysis

I can't explain your latest hot streak.

Analysis

You need more starting pitchers.

Analysis

Can nothing stop them?

Analysis

You really can't find a better DH than Ellis Burks?

Standings and Leaders

: gently caress you all, I'm not working on New Year's Eve! Grace out, fuckers!

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I decided I'm going to be as irritating as mornacale and setup a spreadsheet to track my team's roster changes.

Comme Ça

(apologies to mornacale for shamelessly stealing his poo poo)

The gist of it: Promote Enos Slaughter, send down Yaz. New lineups to give Fred Lynn a few days off. Switch Eck and Campbell's slots in the bullpen.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

But Schmidt was tired! :smith:

Call down Bernie Williams and call back up Gary Maddox. Make Thurman Munson the everyday catcher again, and make Posada the Personal catcher for Cone and Pettite.

Lineups for next week!

LHP

2B Eddie Collins
DH Wade Boggs
3B Mike Schmidt
1B Harmon Killebrew
RF Reggie Jackson
LF Greg Luzinski
CF Gary Maddox
C Thruman Munsoson
SS Derek Jeter

RHP

2B Eddie Collins
DH Wade Boggs
RF Reggie Jackson
CF Bobby Mercer
3B Mike Schmidt
1B Harmon Killebrew
LF Greg Luzinski
C Thruman Munson
SS Derek Jeter

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Petition to put a Fathead glued to wooden backing at second base; I'd lose nothing on hitting and gain loads on defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Let's go a different route.

Taking Offers on the ninth pick, forty-first pick, and Dick Allen. Make it good, people.