Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Captain Foxy posted:

I also like French Bulldogs. I squeal over French Bulldogs. Shame me, PI.

I do too :ohdear:

even thought I usually don't like squish-face breeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
I don't allow my dog to beg for anything and I never give him human food as treats with one exception-

Sonic tater tots.

I have no earthly idea why these are ok but nothing else is (the only other treats he ever gets are ice cubes and baby carrots) but I have decided that it's ok if Ace eats a tater tot that I toss at his face every so often. Usually with me yelling "HEY FATTY TATER TOT HAS COME TO EAT HIS OWN KIND!"

I dunno I guess my dog is a tater tot on stubs so they are kindred 'tato spirits. As a result, Ace will not beg anyone for anything ever, unless I stopped off at Sonic and if I did he wavers between standing on the other side of the room stealing glances at me to see if it's tato time yet, and walking up and gently touching my side with his nose. Because this is also completely at-odds with his normal "the people have food!" reaction (which by default is "I can't have any so don't even acknowledge it exists") I've been accused of giving the dog a tater tot complex.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
I just went to pet Arthur and zapped him right on his silly little nose. There was an audible "POP" and he went and hid under the table, crying a little bit. I only sort of feel bad about it because he's not bright enough to know what's happening. With the other cats I would have just laughed. I did make sure to cuddle his pain away and he's all better - and has forgotten everything.

Most of the time, though, zapping cats in the winter is an owner's prize for dealing with cat poo poo (literal and figurative) the rest of the year.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I like holding my conure in my fist and zooming him around in the air in figure eights and dramatic dives and making plane sounds. NNNNEEEEYYYOOOOWWWWW

He stares at me with this long-suffering air the whole time.

uptown
May 16, 2009
Holy poo poo I am a terrible mom.

I somehow left an entire package of antidepressants out. Lucky for me, Shanti just ripped up the little cardboard box that they were in, rather than eating the pills and dying or something. Lesson learned, holy poo poo.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I like holding my conure in my fist and zooming him around in the air in figure eights and dramatic dives and making plane sounds. NNNNEEEEYYYOOOOWWWWW

Hahahaha, this is awesome.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
My reptiles all could use a cage cleaning, it's that time of the month....but naaaahhh let's browse the internet instead.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I am literally in tears

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

ArmadilloConspiracy posted:

My dog has killed two squirrels while on leash, and I am spectacularly proud of her for it. Most people I know think that's horrible. She's a sighthound. She's supposed to kill small fuzzy things, and I'm impressed that she could do it while attached to a human.
I point little critters out to my dogs if I spot a mouse or a mole before they do. A dog should kill small animals if given the chance and I don't care if they do it. Pi once caught and killed a rabbit while on leash and that was pretty impressive. The squirrels here are way too dog savvy for my dogs to catch.

I make sure my dogs behave when I come in the door. With guests, I don't care. If they allow the dogs to jump on them that's their business.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

I gave my mouse a haribo gummy bear about a week ago, and it was only when he'd chewed it to pieces that I realised that that much sugar is A Bad Thing for mice.

He's fine though :downs:

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

My girlfriend used to do this with our rats. I think Phoolan kind of enjoyed it.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

I am not-so-secretly gleeful whenever someone fucks up in PI and I get to wield my modly powers. I also like to frequently give empty threats of banning to random people for no particular reason.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I didn't even realize this counted as shameful. I do this all the time. I also throw the bird for fun (she has all her flight feathers so all it does is annoy her).

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Sometimes I throw my dog onto the couch from like a metre and a half. She always comes running back screeching for me to do it again. If I do it too many times in a row, though, it suddenly becomes not fun anymore and she gets upset. :haw:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

We just randomly heft the danes every now and then to gently caress with their heads. It really fucks with Amy's to the point that when you put her down she just stands there and stares straight ahead for a while.

Taha
Nov 7, 2010

Where the fuck are my legs?
My dog does this somewhat odd poop ritual where she walks while pooping. It reminds me of the Jackass bit when Steve-O took a bunch of ex-lax and then proceeded to empty his bowels while running at full speed. I was, like, 12 when I first watched that, so it was absolutely hilarious. Anyway, my dog doesn't sit still to poop, she has to walk around while doing it. She'll do this in the backyard or out and about on walks. This seems to delight children especially. "She's WALKING while she's POOPING!!" they'll exclaim. So, on walks, I like to share this act with whomever may be around, children ideally. I've been known to observe my dog preparing to assume the poop-position (sniffing intently at a spot and then starting to arch her back) and I'll pull on her leash and be like, "Not here! Right around the corner. I can hear kids playing! You should poop where they can see you poop-walking!"

iwik
Oct 12, 2007
My dogs love love gummy bears/snakes & assorted candy items. While most of their treats are somewhat healthy, I indulge them in some candy goodness more often than I should.

Absolute Evil
Aug 25, 2008

Don't mess with Mister Creazil!
Lemon skittles are now the bane of my beagle/daschund's existence. It took him a good 10 minutes to eat just one but it provided entertainment for my daughter and I to watch him.

Chicken in Black
May 22, 2005

So lovely
Our jenday hates hats, and will scream if he see us wearing one. I got an immense amount of joy peeking in the window wearing my crazy sombrero and having him scream so much he woke up my husband and mother-in-law

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Haha, this is great. I tried it with my lovebird and she was all :stare: and my stepson tried it too, as she loves him dearly. From the angry squealing she did not approve of this game at all, their love has limits.

Taha posted:

Walking poop ritual

Our old mutt was a husky/german shepard mix and she would have to do a slow turn while taking a dump. It wasn't too noticeable in the summer but in the winter there'd be a bunch of odd dog poo poo Stonehenges out in the yard.

Chicken in Black fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 1, 2013

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
I give my dog table scraps and Doritos and bits of ham (I cooked a 20 lb ham for Christmas and I will let Neigé eat as much as she wants if it means less ham in my fridge) and I do not care because I can feel all her ribs and she gets raw patties with extra fish oil for regular meals.

Sometimes I don't even make her work for them.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

ButWhatIf posted:

I give my dog table scraps and Doritos and bits of ham (I cooked a 20 lb ham for Christmas and I will let Neigé eat as much as she wants if it means less ham in my fridge) and I do not care because I can feel all her ribs and she gets raw patties with extra fish oil for regular meals.

Sometimes I don't even make her work for them.

I clean out my fridge a couple times a month and throw like everything I'm not keeping in a big pot no matter how hellish it is and divide it between the two dogs. Not even remotely sorry, I literally have spreadsheets to sperg over their diets with the rest of the time, on fridge cleaning day they can have 2 week old alfredo and sloppy joe meat and these weird apple preserves my coworker gave me, ENJOY

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Taha posted:

"Not here! Right around the corner. I can hear kids playing! You should poop where they can see you poop-walking!"

You bring smiles to children. Dog bless you.

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

I find myself really wanting a second dog that's a lapdog because my dog is a super independent dog that, while affectionate, doesn't really sit still to be petted that often and when she does want to be petted it usually devolves into her trying to play after ten seconds. But I'm so picky when it comes to breeds and I think most tiny dogs are kinda gross. Also three animals is already way too much.

My dog robbed us of a platter full of greasy chicken, and after having to toss out two beds and cleaning up nasty diarrhea on and off she's getting a towel to sleep on until there's been no barf or diarrhea for at least a week. I should feel bad about this and she's giving me horrible pathetic looks when I put her in her bed-less crate, but drat dog, those beds are expensive. (And she's fine, she didn't ingest any bones and she's still eating/drinking and the worst of it is over, she just has IBS and things like that set her off like whoa).

Kerafyrm fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 2, 2013

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

We just randomly heft the danes every now and then to gently caress with their heads. It really fucks with Amy's to the point that when you put her down she just stands there and stares straight ahead for a while.

I like to lift Meyer up by the upper torso, first-scene-of-Lion-King-style, just to let him hang and marvel at how long he is. He hates it, and I feel guilty about it, but in my own defense, he is seriously long and it's amazing.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Kerafyrm posted:

I should feel bad about this and she's giving me horrible pathetic looks when I put her in her bed-less crate, but drat dog, those beds are expensive.

If you have a Costco membership or know someone who does, they usually have a couple of different sizes/shapes of dog beds and they're much cheaper than you'll get from a pet store. At my local store they're $20 each for a bed large enough for an 80-lb male greyhound, and they usually have smaller beds (the "couch" types with the rim, and sometimes oval ones too) for the same price.

Inamorata Issabelle
Jul 8, 2007
I never simply give my cat treats. I always put them down in a pattern on the floor: I am delighted when she follows the pattern, but supremely disappointed when she can't figure it out. When she eats them the right way, I always imagine her thoughts as "ooh, piece of candy!"

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

I've been reinforcing my puppy when he sneaks up and sniffs my wifes butt... he wedges his nose in just the right way she jumps and I think its hilarious.

I think I'll be the one sleeping in the kennel if I keep up with encouraging bad habits

malcriada
Mar 21, 2012

My 9 month old American bulldog ate the bottom corner of one of my couches, my bf doesn't know. I am her bitch when it comes to some things, but I am her master and she only listens to me. She has a constant puppy sad face on, like a solid 80% of the time. It just makes me feel like a bad dog owner, but I like to thik I go above and beyond.

I cut two of her nails too short until she bled, I stuffed her face with treats and took her to the dog park.

One of my cats names is nigga, because he's so timid and anti social that he's definitely no ones nigga.... the other ones ( in a cart man from south park voice) faddy poo pfftt, but my bf has changed his name to gato.

When I take nigga to the vet I tell them his name is Oscar, which is my bfs name.

Btw pls don't ban me if that word is not allowed. Just let me know and I'll edit the post.

malcriada fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 4, 2013

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

ButWhatIf posted:

I used to do this but Pippa gets the grossest shits when she gets more than a tiny bit of table scrap-type stuff every couple of days so I had to stop. :(

And she also poops while walking, in a pretty big circle. And then she tries to run away as soon as the last turd falls from her butthole. The poop goblins. :saddowns:

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

malcriada posted:

My 9 month old American bulldog ate the bottom corner of one of my couches, my bf doesn't know. I am her bitch when it comes to some things, but I am her master and she only listens to me. She has a constant puppy sad face on, like a solid 80% of the time. It just makes me feel like a bad dog owner, but I like to thik I go above and beyond.

I cut two of her nails too short until she bled, I stuffed her face with treats and took her to the dog park.

One of my cats names is nigga, because he's so timid and anti social that he's definitely no ones nigga.... the other ones ( in a cart man from south park voice) faddy poo pfftt, but my bf has changed his name to gato.

When I take nigga to the vet I tell them his name is Oscar, which is my bfs name.

Btw pls don't ban me if that word is not allowed. Just let me know and I'll edit the post.

Really?

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

malcriada posted:

One of my cats names is nigga, because he's so timid and anti social that he's definitely no ones nigga....

:catstare:

Confession: I like running away from Lola or blocking her access to me. She starts shrieking and it's hilarious.

Fraction fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jan 6, 2013

malcriada
Mar 21, 2012

Yes :byodood:

I live in miami if that makes any difference.... Where a lot of people use nigga as a "bro".

...but it was never intended to be a racist thing, after all he is my nigga :razz:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
Dog park confession: As much as I poo poo on dog parks, I secretly kind of wish there was one here just so I could take Frankie. He's too dumb to get screwed up by lovely dog interactions, and when he gets mad at other dogs he reacts by putting his butt on them, so he's like the safest dog park dog ever. We had one where I used to live and I would take him occasionally just to watch him freak out the other dogs with his existence and it was fun.

At least I can still take him to my mom's and let him play with Gumbo, so he gets a break from tip-toeing around Moses every once in a while.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

malcriada posted:

I live in miami if that makes any difference.... Where a lot of people use nigga as a "bro".

...but it was never intended to be a racist thing, after all he is my nigga :razz:

You're quite thick aren't you

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I used to mix a little sriracha sauce into Scott's wet food to discourage him from eating it all too fast, because then he'd just go and throw it all up five minutes later. I would laugh at his confused bewilderment.

Was it bad that I did that? Is too much sriracha bad for cats? :ohdear:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

malcriada posted:

I lived in Miami for 5 years and never saw/heard this. The exception was with stupid, white, barely pubescent children. :raise:

Which reminds me that while I was in Miami, I encouraged my mom to get a 6 week old shi-tzu puppy (I was 14 at the time). I feel awful about it now, but we did end up taking it to a shelter when we discovered 5 week old puppies are incredibly needy instead of returning it to the store, so there's that.
Poor dog, I hope it is doing better now. :(

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Story checks out. Still can't ever imagine naming a cat that.

http://www.google.ca/trends/explore#q=nigga&geo=US

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Sometimes I wake up my bearded dragon when he's sleeping just to see how mad he'll get. He actually looks really funny when he puffs his beard out. :3:

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Celery Face posted:

Sometimes I wake up my bearded dragon when he's sleeping just to see how mad he'll get. He actually looks really funny when he puffs his beard out. :3:

I do this to my rats :3:. One of them hates it and will very sleepily try to push my hand away.

malcriada
Mar 21, 2012

Pew! Pew! posted:

I lived in Miami for 5 years and never saw/heard this. The exception was with stupid, white, barely pubescent children. :raise:

Which reminds me that while I was in Miami, I encouraged my mom to get a 6 week old shi-tzu puppy (I was 14 at the time). I feel awful about it now, but we did end up taking it to a shelter when we discovered 5 week old puppies are incredibly needy instead of returning it to the store, so there's that.
Poor dog, I hope it is doing better now. :(

Funny, there's no white people in Miami, lol.

Any dogs adopted out and returned are put down. FYI

malcriada
Mar 21, 2012

Ikantski posted:

Story checks out. Still can't ever imagine naming a cat that.

http://www.google.ca/trends/explore#q=nigga&geo=US

Lololol.

It's true, if I have kids he's getting a name change, to niko.

It would be quite awkward to get a phone call from a kindergarten teacher about it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

malcriada posted:

Funny, there's no white people in Miami, lol.

Any dogs adopted out and returned are put down. FYI

Are you actually retarded or do you try really hard to give people that impression? Because thus far you've demonstrated that you can barely read and that you are exceptionally stupid.

• Locked thread