Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

AKP posted:

The thread name needs to have relevance to newcomers. Any other ideas? (IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS JACK, AND JACK HAD A GROOVE.)

Too House-y! You've always got something like "Beyond The Dance". Some subtley different meanings going on with that too.

Anyway personally - if I can be big headed for a moment though - I'd definitely check out my OP in the UK Bass thread. I like to think I did a pretty good job of it. Defining everything quickly and (as well as I can anyway) coherently, in one or two paragraphs. Explaining what that sound and this sound is all about, how X came from Y. I mean not getting into too much spergy detail about every little niche sound and micro-scene, but just enough to get a bit of a bearing. Making people realise it's all connected, it's all part of one big lineage of progessive (small p) black dance music.

Surprisingly it's the one thing Ishkur's guide got right. Well I say right, I mean less wrong, but thanks to the flowchart-ness of it all you could see how stuff spawned from such and such, when it roughly happened etc. A lot of it was wrongly and badly done, but it was about the only interesting bit of it. Makes you wish it was actually written by someone who knew what the gently caress they were talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

AKP posted:

Good idea.

I think I'll blend the summary about minimal with techno, provide a brief synopsis about tech house and then write about house and deep house. Thoughts? I'll re-update the entire OP during the holidays. Lets make this a collaborative megathread OP; the members of this thread all have fantastic taste and I'd like to have everyones input and tracks on it as well.

For the record, het said theres absolutely no way he'd be able to name the thread "Cool Dudes That Know How To Party Megathread" hahaha. The thread name needs to have relevance to newcomers. Any other ideas? (IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS JACK, AND JACK HAD A GROOVE.)

I'm more than happy to help out with it; 28 Gun Bad Boy's OP is nicely laid out like he said so if you want any graphics done for each section then lemme know. Wouldn't put a section solely on house in though, keep that for the other thread mabye? Deep house definitely, way more fitting with this thread.

Content: Chris Walsh & Dave Beran- Shake (Revolt Clogrock Remix) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_BnXRlcwvg
GTA3 soundtrack is so good

AKP
Oct 17, 2007

by XyloJW

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Too House-y! You've always got something like "Beyond The Dance". Some subtley different meanings going on with that too.

Anyway personally - if I can be big headed for a moment though - I'd definitely check out my OP in the UK Bass thread. I like to think I did a pretty good job of it. Defining everything quickly and (as well as I can anyway) coherently, in one or two paragraphs. Explaining what that sound and this sound is all about, how X came from Y. I mean not getting into too much spergy detail about every little niche sound and micro-scene, but just enough to get a bit of a bearing. Making people realise it's all connected, it's all part of one big lineage of progessive (small p) black dance music.

Surprisingly it's the one thing Ishkur's guide got right. Well I say right, I mean less wrong, but thanks to the flowchart-ness of it all you could see how stuff spawned from such and such, when it roughly happened etc. A lot of it was wrongly and badly done, but it was about the only interesting bit of it. Makes you wish it was actually written by someone who knew what the gently caress they were talking about.

Thanks! I'll keep all those things in mind.

This threads direction slightly shifted as the momentum began to grow, posts went from techno to (quite literally) some deep sounding vibes. There are a lot of other accompanying threads within NMD, should we just keep the posts here exclusively techno or still cross over to some of the deeper sounding stuff as well?

Hatem Ben Arfa posted:

I'm more than happy to help out with it; 28 Gun Bad Boy's OP is nicely laid out like he said so if you want any graphics done for each section then lemme know. Wouldn't put a section solely on house in though, keep that for the other thread mabye? Deep house definitely, way more fitting with this thread.

Content: Chris Walsh & Dave Beran- Shake (Revolt Clogrock Remix) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_BnXRlcwvg
GTA3 soundtrack is so good

Perfect!

The other house thread you're referring to is the "The House/Electro/Synth and accompanying genres megathread" right? I think their interpretation of house is the more mainstream Avicii/Hardwell type sound. It's two different things, I'm not really sure what type of house they post there but if its anything similar to whats been in this thread I'll contribute those type of tracks there instead. :)

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

AKP posted:

The other house thread you're referring to is the "The House/Electro/Synth and accompanying genres megathread" right? I think their interpretation of house is the more mainstream Avicii/Hardwell type sound. It's two different things, I'm not really sure what type of house they post there but if its anything similar to whats been in this thread I'll contribute those type of tracks there instead. :)

That's the one. Yeah it's definitely more mainstream orientated, but the occassional underground / deep tune gets posted in there that would fit in here as well. I'm definitely not completely against a house section here, just figured newer folk might get confused seeing house in 2 different threads. Suppose the OP could include a small line like "if you're looking for more progressive/electro house then check out to the other thread" with a link?

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Hatem Ben Arfa posted:

That's the one. Yeah it's definitely more mainstream orientated, but the occassional underground / deep tune gets posted in there that would fit in here as well. I'm definitely not completely against a house section here, just figured newer folk might get confused seeing house in 2 different threads. Suppose the OP could include a small line like "if you're looking for more progressive/electro house then check out to the other thread" with a link?

Yeah it'd be easy to work in the House angle, as long as - like you said - you kinda seperate it out and make it clear what goes where. ABC-type of House goes in that thread, the cool stuff such as XYZ-type of House goes here. "What makes XYZ cool?" then you could talk a wee bit about the differences, what makes them unique etc. Then you're pretty much as a proper House & Techno megathread kinda thing.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
"Techno house mega thread - deep bass lies within"

Title of each genre, few banging tracks, job done...

Those that know, will know. Those that don't will learn.

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Listen to this bad boy, cause that OP could be a loving BFA dissertation.

AKP posted:

Thanks! I'll keep all those things in mind.

This threads direction slightly shifted as the momentum began to grow, posts went from techno to (quite literally) some deep sounding vibes. There are a lot of other accompanying threads within NMD, should we just keep the posts here exclusively techno or still cross over to some of the deeper sounding stuff as well?

I think if I had to try and say what separates this thread from the house thread and why they serve different purposes is that the house thread has more "mainstream" edm and pays more attention to electro / hip hop related spin offs like moombahton and trap. This thread is more small nightclub do ketamine off the toilet seat with the DJ kinda sound, if that could be a genre. Also richie hawtin :swoon:

Techno Tech House Club House: Stick it in my bass

Longtiem fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 24, 2012

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

Techno Megathread: Cameras Ready, Prepare to Post

too cheesy?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Martin Schulte has a new album out, he owns. One of my favorite dub techno producers.

http://www.beatport.com/release/slow-beauty/1010023

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 24, 2012

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

"The Techno and non-lovely house megathread"

William Lee
May 16, 2003

I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YssqOe0wlQU

never thought i'd see a Dark Crystal reference in a techno track

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol

Hatem Ben Arfa posted:

Not just terribly outdated, it's altogether terrible. An entire electronic music catalogue written by a trance-head :stonk: Might be a good project to work alongside the house thread and make a 2013 guide.

Actually it would be nice to update the OP of this thread with a break-down of genres a bit more; explain a little about techno, mininmal, deep etc. AKP?

Atmospheric, I like this.

You're right it is all around bad with plain made up stuff all over it. There's just no alternative for a rapid fire introduction of electronic music and to help break people's immediate complaints about 'too many subgenres' and so on and why there is genuinely so much variation between things. I think 10 tracks is a good balance between too many and too little you got space to show variety in your picks. 28GG is great with his choices and breakdowns of genres so i'd like to see his 10 choices for various things.

I know we could argue all day about choices but my main thought was just to present a selection of tracks that represents the genre well, not if it's the best 10 possible picks. My main thought is how to exactly break down something like dubstep, which would be an obvious popular genre for people to check first, to 10 tracks. Maybe allow for more by giving 05-06 10 tracks and so on? Then it feels like a flood of info again though which is what i wanted to avoid. Have 10 big obvious examples of Techno, House, Dubstep, then smaller lists of certain timeframes/scenes. Like ontopic Techno would i suppose have 10 tracks of detroit era, 10 from German 90s era, 10 more modern ones prehaps?

I'd personally appreciate it done in some way as i never delved into House/Techno as it seemed just so wide. I'd love to see what an opinion of 10 important deep house tracks which all spanned different labels for example. While i myself can give decent lists for a fair few niche sounds, and definitely all the 'hard' subgenres.

blacksun
Mar 16, 2006
I told Cwapface not to register me with a title that said I am a faggot but he did it anyway because he likes to tell the truth.
The problem lies in the fact that most of the modern house that's being made (that isn't boring generic poo poo released on Defected) is coming from either the UK scene, with heavy influence from the bass movement there, or from Berlin, most of which is the deep variety.

Pretty much everything else that is being made is falling into the same formulaic trap that has led trance and techno into holes that they are finding it difficult to escape from.

This is why I don't see a point trying to singularly define 'sounds' or 'genres' in this increasingly diverse music scene. All it does it shoebox those genres and further contribute to pretentious idiots saying 'THAT isn't techno, only THIS is techno'.

You can however look at the history of where these sounds developed, what influences and other genres they merged / split into and where they look to be going in the future.

The guys in the UK Bass thread have done a reasonably good job at this (though still not perfect).

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
Oh i'm really talking about it hoping to learn more about the past, where it's a lot easier to segment and see the path the various sounds took. Like for House i really like DJ Tonka's disco house bits but have no idea where to go from there to find more of that mid 90s sound. I listen to things from labels like Force Inc and don't know where to look next.

For current sounds its hard to know where to point people at all.. i go by label pretty much alone, and look for the odd white labels or nice sounding samples on new records. There's surprisingly still so much wax released for both techno/house.. it's great but i feel like i'm missing something with totally UK centric perspective.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

infinity2005 posted:

You're right it is all around bad with plain made up stuff all over it. There's just no alternative for a rapid fire introduction of electronic music and to help break people's immediate complaints about 'too many subgenres' and so on and why there is genuinely so much variation between things. I think 10 tracks is a good balance between too many and too little you got space to show variety in your picks. 28GG is great with his choices and breakdowns of genres so i'd like to see his 10 choices for various things.

I know we could argue all day about choices but my main thought was just to present a selection of tracks that represents the genre well, not if it's the best 10 possible picks. My main thought is how to exactly break down something like dubstep, which would be an obvious popular genre for people to check first, to 10 tracks. Maybe allow for more by giving 05-06 10 tracks and so on? Then it feels like a flood of info again though which is what i wanted to avoid. Have 10 big obvious examples of Techno, House, Dubstep, then smaller lists of certain timeframes/scenes. Like ontopic Techno would i suppose have 10 tracks of detroit era, 10 from German 90s era, 10 more modern ones prehaps?

See I'd say 10 tracks would be way too overload for what's supposed to be a brief description. When I was doing my brief intro paragraph or two for each genre I limited it to 3, maybe 4 songs in each one. Easily digestable without being an overload.

The good thing about the UK scene stuff is the fact it does develop at breakneck speed, so things change a hell of a lot faster than in other scenes. So say with UK Garage you were looking at like a 'peak' popularity of about '97 to '01 so it was quite easy to big 3-4 big-ish tunes from each year to fit the bill.

Of course it's harder with stuff like Deep House as it's such a vague kinda term. I've seen stuff from as far back as '88/89 billed as Deep House (whether it's what we now recognise as Deep House or not). So how do you deal with nearly 25 years of catalogue you know? Same with Detroit Techno since you could be dealing with stuff from day dot to what came out yesterday.

So what you could do is say, have 4-5 tracks on each one. One big tune that is the personification of the genre from this year, one from last year, then if needed you can skip back say 5 years put one in from there, then maybe 10 years back a big one from there etc. Only downside is again it could get a bit confusing, but like I said if you restrict it and make clear this is from X year then it might work maybe?

blacksun posted:

This is why I don't see a point trying to singularly define 'sounds' or 'genres' in this increasingly diverse music scene. All it does it shoebox those genres and further contribute to pretentious idiots saying 'THAT isn't techno, only THIS is techno'.

See the thing is at the end of the day you're trying to describe something as varied as House/Techno (which is what we're trying to do here) you do need to say, "well this is such and such". Now you do want to avoid definitively saying that "this and only this is" whatever, but you can say "oh well this is one example of Minimal Techno because of X, however Minimal Techno doesn't need to sound exactly the same as this".

Yes certain scenes have become a bit more mixed as late (moreso the likes of what this thread would look at, though I believe it's not quite as diverse as many might think), but it's still a wide world out there and trying to use what has become such a generic term like House or even Techno would be a bit too all encompassing if you're actually trying to describe something. At some point you do need to be able to label it in some way.

Now you shouldn't need to be strict about it if that's possible (no "oh this is Minimal Nigerian Deep Funky Techno House" etc), but you do need to say okay this is Deep House for instance. What makes it Deep House? How did all roads lead to the present day Rome as it were? Well because this track and that track lead to where we are now and that's why such and such is in this genre.

And Christmas loving post or what. gently caress me, merry Christmas everyone!

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
You are right but i was thinking along the lines of 10 tracks being actually useful to someone rather than just an example of the sound, thats why i mentioned trying to make all the labels different.. but you right i had the exact same thought about techno, how can you break that down? Pick the subjectively biggest track of each year?

With the genres i'm familar with it's clear era's to split up everything... hardcore is the main one. Dnb is 19 years old but pretty easy to is pretty easy to divide upi think personally.. have a pre-2000 and after 2000 list and then the subgenres like liquid, I have no idea where you would start with techno. Maybe just pick every 'obvious' big track then decide with people which should be cut to narrow the list. Apparentluy Maruiza (sp?) 3 should definitely be on the list for Techno though as discogs seems to recommend it as related for everything closely related to techno at all.

I'm not sure deep house is confusing though, i thought its pretty clear what's seperate? Although seems to be some confusing sometimes these days with 'nu-disco' or whatever you want to call it prehaps. By that i mean like Needwant Records and similar is nu-disco and both are sold in same record shops in same place.. For me Moodymann's old stuff is the best example i know of deep house even if some was made earlier. The situation with techno seems a lot more confusing though.

I think on the bright side most genres are not that complex, even big ones like Trance are straight forward. Ignoring the totally made up genres from Ikushrs guide. Theres hard trance, i guess 'early' trance, progtrance etc. but it's all well defined. Trance alone in my mind hasn't changed since late 90s enough to warrant separating it. So those can all be done fairly easy, hardcore/dnb is pretty much easy, you know about uk garage and the like. That's a fair bit of info for people right there. Add in some outliers like 'ambient' (royksopp like) and thats a lot of info currently not well laid out anywhere.

blacksun
Mar 16, 2006
I told Cwapface not to register me with a title that said I am a faggot but he did it anyway because he likes to tell the truth.
For a good example of what I'm talking about, where do you put music released on Hot Creations, Crosstown Rebels or dirtybird?

All of these labels have historically released music under House, Deep House and Tech House respectively, however I wouldn't label anything that comes out of any of these labels today as any of those three things alone.

Things like D&B are fairly straight-cut, because it has a tempo and rhythm style that is definitively different from any other genre. Genres that all hover around the 120BPM mark are much harder, as you can no longer look to tempo as a defining part of the genre. The same thing has happened recently regarding the rhythm style (historically breakbeat vs 4/4) as garage and UK Bass have begun crossing back over into their roots with house. So if you can't look at rhythm or tempo as distinctive for certain genres, then what do you look for? The 'Feel' of a track?

Once you reach looking at the 'feel' of a track as an indicator of what 'genre' it lies within, you lose all objectivity (as tempo and rhythm were). All you are left with are a persons perceptions as to what defines a genre.

Perhaps the best way forward (if one must do it) would be to just select quintessential tracks that are wholly representative of a single genre, and no others. For instance, as an example of house something like this would fit pretty well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmCfmNjzFPQ

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

blacksun posted:

For a good example of what I'm talking about, where do you put music released on Hot Creations, Crosstown Rebels or dirtybird?

All of these labels have historically released music under House, Deep House and Tech House respectively, however I wouldn't label anything that comes out of any of these labels today as any of those three things alone.

Things like D&B are fairly straight-cut, because it has a tempo and rhythm style that is definitively different from any other genre. Genres that all hover around the 120BPM mark are much harder, as you can no longer look to tempo as a defining part of the genre. The same thing has happened recently regarding the rhythm style (historically breakbeat vs 4/4) as garage and UK Bass have begun crossing back over into their roots with house. So if you can't look at rhythm or tempo as distinctive for certain genres, then what do you look for? The 'Feel' of a track?

Once you reach looking at the 'feel' of a track as an indicator of what 'genre' it lies within, you lose all objectivity (as tempo and rhythm were). All you are left with are a persons perceptions as to what defines a genre.

Perhaps the best way forward (if one must do it) would be to just select quintessential tracks that are wholly representative of a single genre, and no others. For instance, as an example of house something like this would fit pretty well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmCfmNjzFPQ

I dont know if I agree with you but christ what a tune.

E: food for thought, what if we tossed out the top 20 labels in techno tech deep etc, and selected some favorites from their library? Like I know that its not the same style of OP thats being talked about but I still feel it'd be really solid in nailing down what the "mavericks" release.

Longtiem fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 26, 2012

AKP
Oct 17, 2007

by XyloJW

Hatem Ben Arfa posted:

Techno Megathread: Cameras Ready, Prepare to Post

too cheesy?

Dope.

Maguro posted:

"The Techno and non-lovely house megathread"

Personally I'd love to change it to this but it just wouldn't get approved haha.

blacksun posted:

You can however look at the history of where these sounds developed, what influences and other genres they merged / split into and where they look to be going in the future.

I agree 100% with your last statement - we'd be updating the OP every few months if we'd have to keep up with the current trends in the techno and house scene. I think it would be better to display some classic gems within the OP and then indulge in conversation in our actual thread.

Should we still create this into a megathread and cater both to house and techno? Someone raised concerns about how newcomers might be confused by the different genres. I think if they'd go through the entire thread they'd learn the different genres based upon the posts and discussions. In the future I plan on writing about my favourite labels alongside with links to their artists. As long as people come to the thread and walk away hearing something they like thats all that matters. I'll edit out the OP after the new year, if anyone would like to contribute with it just remind me and I'll keep you in the loop.

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
Sorry Blacksun didn't mean to pidgeon hole labels to genre there, i mentioned Needwant as Nu Disco cause it was the only example i could think of at the time. When it comes to labels, while i think they are the best for introducing people to music and should be an important part of any list, i just suggest only listing them along with the all important few selected tracks so people have somewhere to go and look for more of the same right away.

I mean a suggested labels section along with genres could be done if you felt there was something criminally overlooked due to not having a track. I agree when you say sometimes it just ends up with a a feel of a track .... that's why i think enthusiasts should be picking the tracks; if you are, say with house then you should pick in the areas you can.

It will be an immediately better guide just of the virtue of being multiple contributions. I notice reddit of all places having this exact discussion of replacing Ishkur btw. So i hope we can decide something and at least make some shortlists in only the genders we are intently familar.

A new guide could actually be popular an i do NOY want a guide made by reddit with 'complextro' in it. I was actually hoping we could put it up on site somewhere, is there anyone who could whip up something simple for I think maybe the easiest way to solve this could be done easily on a site by having simply Beginner/Extended option default set to beginner. We shortlist your anthems, pick the best or the ones which give a good spread of labels and time between each pick (like i tried to show with the hardcore list, 91/92/93 but obviously spread out more). Rest is in extended maybe with further information and explanations for choices.

Also i think one thing for certain there's no point in confusing flow charts of links between genres especially these days. Just have a solid list of 'primary' genres. Then the secondary list of subgenres that are clearly spawned from any primary. But no further than that in connections. I know the primary list might be a bit big then, but if the site design was nicely done it would be hardly conufusing. To a beginner its click the thing you don't know about. If you like it then click extended to get more.

What does anyone think of that? I'm no web designer though but it doesn't sound that complex. Just a good backend to update it would be useful. Lot of words there sorry i'm just enthusiastic about replacing that poo poo guide for christ sake and have a link i can give to clueless people all over the place.

Edit: i dont think we have to 100% leave out our subjective opinions on a track being in a genre or not. Just like justify the reasoning and maybe just a quick point of your creditionals in regards to a genre :p

infinity2005 fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 26, 2012

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves
In London for vacation, seeing Digitalism and Jacques Lu Conte at XOYO friday and then the Swamp81 NYE party with Zed Bias, Loefah, Mickey Pearce, and others. Makes the NYC scene look a bit sad in comparison, unfortunately

blacksun
Mar 16, 2006
As long as we avoid this I think we are good: http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

edit: Ame dropped this when he toured here about a month ago, dancefloor went mental! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmo5wYTU4wk

blacksun fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Dec 27, 2012

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
I miss moloko

g
Jul 20, 2004
This mix is the tits. It's also letting the proverbial cat out of the bag about something related to me.

https://soundcloud.com/nakedlunch/nakedlunch-dec-2012

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

g posted:

This mix is the tits. It's also letting the proverbial cat out of the bag about something related to me.

https://soundcloud.com/nakedlunch/nakedlunch-dec-2012

You're a pinoy with good taste in t shirts?

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Merry Christmas all :) My friend Helena put together this playlist of melodic and minimal techno. Check them out, a humble little track of mine is in there, "Vitamin D." Anyone has any feedback good or bad it's much appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/mamzellehurry/sets/electro-connexion-3/

1. Agoria - Panta Rei (Max Cooper remix) by AGORIA 7.18 19742 plays
2. LILI - electric rescue - bedrock records 19 by electricrescue 5.14 3231 plays
3. BACK THE PAST by Jolly Fellow 7.37 158 plays
4. Kiko Un Jours Afu lab 2008 by KIKO Official 5.51 287 plays
5. Bill Carey - Vitamin D by you 6.15 69 plays
6. Lost (Original mix) by Blanda 11.00 860 plays
7. George FitzGerald - Every Inch (Deetron remix) - Hypercolour by deetron 3.20 20225 plays
8. Breccia & Ian O'Donovan - Frentzen [Espai] *** Out Now *** by Ian O'Donovan 4.05 1197 plays
9. Cubenx - Locked (rework by Macario) by InFiné Music 6.51 1555 plays
10. Henry Saiz "Uncharted" (The Cryptozoologist EP, Bedrock Records) by Henry Saiz 8.32 4894 plays

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

HTML5 posted:

It would be cool if you did. It's DEMF and while the festival itself is a thing, the AFTER PARTIES are where it's at. My friends I'm going with have gone for years and I'm told these are the best parties
I've gone for like 7-8 years now, after parties are the place to be. Some of the best acts play them.

I'll be there for sure

ashgromnies fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 28, 2012

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
VERY excited to see Joel Mull tonight. Here's a set from May on Drumcode Radio. Pure awesomeness from Sweden.

http://www.mixcloud.com/adambeyer/dcr093-drumcode-radio-joel-mull-takeover/

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

VERY excited to see Joel Mull tonight. Here's a set from May on Drumcode Radio. Pure awesomeness from Sweden.

http://www.mixcloud.com/adambeyer/dcr093-drumcode-radio-joel-mull-takeover/

Never heard of him but that mix is quality, gutted I'm not getting to see anyone good tonight.

Here's a quick NYE mix I recorded before; for not having touched Traktor or a CDJ for a few months I think it turned out alright. Few dodgy mixes but I went in blind without a tracklist. Figured it might interest a few people anyways, happy new year: http://i.mixcloud.com/CCBiQ6

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

If posting our own mixes in here is okay I'll mention the dub techno mix I did a few weeks ago

https://soundcloud.com/scott-jackson/scott-jackson-deep-06

Textural Being - Tides, Part 1
Sven Weisemann - Elapse
Martin Schulte - Restoration
Brickman - In the Rain (Version 1)
Martin Schulte - Spring Aroma
Dub Taylor - Transition State V
Langenberg - Wait State
Will Saul + October - Light Sleeper (Michael Mayer remix)
Hardage - There's Enough For All of Us (Deniz Kurtel remix)

AKP
Oct 17, 2007

by XyloJW
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'd like to thank everyone for contributing to this thread for the past year. I have a feeling 2013 will be special :)

EDIT: MUSIC!

Allmostt - Modern Samurai http://youtu.be/0kC-IZCHBVs

Nikola Gala - Only http://youtu.be/XutuXxtWW3c

Benjamin Damage & Doc Daneeka - No One http://youtu.be/-B924_FtWEM

Alden Tyrell - Tntus http://youtu.be/MtTNbgSAx48

Truss - Hackney http://youtu.be/KunH9ejgSn0

Head High - Rave (Dirt Mix) http://youtu.be/9dhVXLUpY4s

Daniel Avery - Naive Reception http://youtu.be/gBel_aP_9gk

Andy Stott - Up The Box http://youtu.be/WoZgGyyOuSM

Randomer - Scruff Box http://youtu.be/sVcx6TViNjU

AKP fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jan 1, 2013

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010
Hello criminals lets all post our favorite house tune of 2012 so one of our resident djs can splash them all together into an SA essential tech house mix 2012!

For tech house, it's tough to say, but I think the single tune I never get tired of is "they frontin" by catz n dogz
I get to see them next week too! :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIYMkx_g_jM

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Track at 15 min is blowing my mind

http://www.mixcloud.com/TechnoLiveSets/dj_m_a_n_d_y-live-dance-under-the-blue-moon-29-12-2012/

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

Longtiem posted:

Hello criminals lets all post our favorite house tune of 2012 so one of our resident djs can splash them all together into an SA essential tech house mix 2012!

For tech house, it's tough to say, but I think the single tune I never get tired of is "they frontin" by catz n dogz
I get to see them next week too! :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIYMkx_g_jM

Loco Dice - Detox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RADAD4JbffU

I get to see him this month, beyond excited.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Hatem Ben Arfa posted:

Never heard of him but that mix is quality, gutted I'm not getting to see anyone good tonight.

I had a very good time. A good start to a weekend of binge partying and excess I must say.

The guys that run the party recorded it from a couple camera angles and got the sound from the console it seems, so here it is! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdRlbAe1J4

AKP
Oct 17, 2007

by XyloJW
Chris Liebings podcast is ten hours worth of techno. Utter bliss.

http://www.clr.net/news.pl?id=306

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

I had a very good time. A good start to a weekend of binge partying and excess I must say.

The guys that run the party recorded it from a couple camera angles and got the sound from the console it seems, so here it is! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdRlbAe1J4

Obviously there's no shots of the dancefloor but that looks like a pretty nice club. Good set as well!

Would like to ask everyone for some recommendations - I've been asked to play a deep house & tech-house set at a club, but I can't go "too deep or too techno" according to the promoter. I'm looking for stuff in the Julio Bashmore / Hot Creations / Jooris Voorn realm, feel free to throw as many Youtube links my way as possible.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hatem Ben Arfa posted:

I can't go "too deep or too techno" according to the promoter.

What the :stare:

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

The handful of times I've played there all I ever get told is "play something people can dance too", trust me being able to play any deep house without getting abused by drunk girls is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

This has quite a bit of techno in it, and a tracklist

http://www.mixcloud.com/johndigweed/transitions-with-john-digweed-best-of-2012-mix/

edit: and of course

http://www.mixcloud.com/nicolemoudaber/nicole-moudaber-essential-mix-radio-1-broadcast-on-24th-june-2012/

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 4, 2013