Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Dr. Honked posted:

his uncle works in the legal department at nintendo. he found a lawsuit in a dumpster and brought it home

please stop making fun of this guy otherwise you are violating code 431.322.12 of the internet privacy act signed by bill clinton in 1995

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sparta posted:

hes related to a lawyer

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dr. Honked posted:

mayhaps perchance he ist an tardmongler?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

RZApublican posted:

Uli could seriously afford a new computer, windows 7, and better internet if he just started a Platform Masters kickstarter

heck, all he needs to do is to go down to his local markets and order more of those embroidered platform masters polo shirts

they are pleasing in an aesthetically understated way

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
let's get this thread going again

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1365713495/chainsaw-ninja-in-space?ref=recently_launched

quote:

Gold Member - At this tier, you will get free access to me on Skype during the duration of the project. If I'm online, I'm free game. You will also receive all awards from lower tiers. Legalese: All topics discussed during the Skype chats pertaining to game ideas or mechanics may freely be used by me in the development of this project or any future projects.

Also the lead developer went to RPI. I've only known 2 cool people who went to RPI, everyone else was a self-righteous douchebag.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

quote:

Gold Member - At this tier, you will get free access to me on Skype during the duration of the project. If I'm online, I'm free game. You will also receive all awards from lower tiers. Legalese: All topics discussed during the Skype chats pertaining to game ideas or mechanics may freely be used by me in the development of this project or any future projects.
                /

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

craisins posted:

quote:

Gold Member

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DaTroof posted:

followers down 87%??? i'm ruined! *jumps out window*

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/415454318/yolo-clothing-you-only-live-once

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
I stronlgy feel "YOLO" will be the "NO FEAR" brand of 2013! It's not just a brand but a deep rooted meaning for living life to the fullest! Please help support our cause.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
speaking of which, i just noticed this shameful place in philly this morning http://nakedphilly.com/washington-square-west/23207/

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
yolo is the dumbest thing ever because it's so ambiguous it can mean "go out and take risks and do stupid poo poo and have sex with thai prostitutes" but also "don't take stupid risks be conservative in all things save your money and take your vitamins"

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

yolo is the dumbest thing ever because it's so ambiguous it can mean "go out and take risks and do stupid poo poo and have sex with thai prostitutes" but also "don't take stupid risks be conservative in all things save your money and take your vitamins"
so is fast in the context "run fast" or the context "hold fast"

it's alright but it has lost nearly all of its steam I do not like how there are still a few people who want to use it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

quote:

Our logo has been trade marked which unfortunatley took every penny I had to do.

yolo

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

sports posted:

so is fast in the context "run fast" or the context "hold fast"

it's alright but it has lost nearly all of its steam I do not like how there are still a few people who want to use it

wat?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
ouya 2.0

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/872297630/gamestick-the-most-portable-tv-games-console-ever

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

that's actually more credible than ouya

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Honked posted:

he actually has a video of himself booting and playing a game which is more than weve ever seen from the ouya. its still fuckin stupid to pay money for hardware on kickstater tho

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
huh! gamestick? more like gamedick! owned

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
you should only support a kickstarter if you think the project is cool and you want to see it succeed and you'd rather give them a fiver than go get slim jims

if you donate (yes DONATE its a donation dammit) to a kickstarter and expect anything in return you're a moron

(jonny kickstart the yosvape)

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Dr. Honked posted:

who cares it's still android and all they did was port the software they've written for smart tvs to run independently and the cpu they're using is garbage used on garbage chinese tablets and is also dual core/dual core gpu so it's already a dated pile of rear end

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
the best kickstarters are crazy projects by credible people that might not work out but if they do holy crap

thus yet another goddamned bideo game console does not qualify as a cool kickstarter

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

flyboi posted:

who cares it's still android and all they did was port the software they've written for smart tvs to run independently and the cpu they're using is garbage used on garbage chinese tablets and is also dual core/dual core gpu so it's already a dated pile of rear end

i concur absolutely. it was a bag of rear end but the bag rotted. now it's a pile. a pile of rear end.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

they have those already all over dealextreme for like $40

gonna go out on a limb and say: they're all poo poo

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
let's be honest and call a spade a spade

these are not reinventing console gaming

they're just a natural evolution of this
http://www.amazon.com/Big-Buck-Hunter-Pro-Pack/dp/B003DV56X4

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

so this is like those tv-game things that were a knockoff N64 controller that plugged straight into the TV?

the ones with the box boasting "1798 GAMES!" but really there were just 20 terrible tetris knockoffs and they counted every level and skill setting as a different "game"

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Sweevo posted:

so this is like those tv-game things that were a knockoff N64 controller that plugged straight into the TV?

the ones with the box boasting "1798 GAMES!" but really there were just 20 terrible tetris knockoffs and they counted every level and skill setting as a different "game"

p much but android because android has ~games~

http://www.playjam.com/corporate/investors

if gamestop and adobe decided funding this stupid idea wasn't worth it the thing has to be a complete pile of rear end

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

lol

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

steve yolo

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

flyboi posted:

p much but android because android has ~games~

http://www.playjam.com/corporate/investors

if gamestop and adobe decided funding this stupid idea wasn't worth it the thing has to be a complete pile of rear end

considering gamestop is selling android tablets as part of their strategy i'm not sure if i'd trust their judgement in either direction all that much

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

how is gamestop even a thing still

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

maniacdevnull posted:

they have those already all over dealextreme for like $40

gonna go out on a limb and say: they're all poo poo

yeah that is literally a dealextreme/alibaba android device on hdmi stick + dealextreme/alibaba controller. this dude is doing nothing more than having a custom run of those done with his branding.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Socracheese posted:

gamestop stock is up 42% over the past 6 months (+$7.55 a share)

meanwhile best buy is down 47% over the past 6 months (-$10.42 a share)

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

i went to a mall with a rich person with no impulse control because he had to get borderlands 2 RIGHT NOW and you can't buy a thing and leave gamestop without a greasy goateed guy trying to sell you pre-orders and the entire store is visually appalling and its like everything i hate rolled into a tiny lovely location.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Socracheese posted:

consoles

i mean thse are people that pay microsoft to use the internet they pay for to watch the netflix they pay for

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

the mall near me used to have an eb and a gamestop

then they merged

now it has two gamestops :wtc:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

maniacdevnull posted:

the mall near me used to have an eb and a gamestop

then they merged

now it has two gamestops :wtc:

same.

they've gradually differentiated the locations tho at this mall, so one of them carries most of the new games and the other seems to be more heavily focused on preowned and older systems.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Install Gentoo posted:

same.

they've gradually differentiated the locations tho at this mall, so one of them carries most of the new games and the other seems to be more heavily focused on preowned and older systems.

that seems pretty inconvenient

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

there's an EB near here and it's loving huge and always packed

my friend worked there until recently and said 50% of the people in there were either kids trying to trade in 15 PS1 wrestling games, or the parents of those kids shouting about how 15 copies of WWE Ultimate Wrestling Smackdown Showcase '98 were totally worth one 360 game and how they were going to call the police if he didn't agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sweevo posted:

don't forget about palette swapping

• Locked thread