Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Wow. So that's what his hair looks like when it's not dyed. I don't know why he's obsessed with having jet black hair. It doesn't look awful at all. Of course he's going to have gray. He's pushing 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

jimma posted:

The marriage, or the photo?

Nice!

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001

Joe Don Baker posted:

Wow. So that's what his hair looks like when it's not dyed. I don't know why he's obsessed with having jet black hair. It doesn't look awful at all. Of course he's going to have gray. He's pushing 60.

I think I was about 20 when I noticed I had a few gray hairs. I have no idea why he goes on rants about how his hair is still jet black without dyeing it. It's every bit as conspicuous as when he used to rant about not having any plastic surgery.

Of course once he owned up to that in the confession game, everyone in the studio admitted they were just playing along the whole time and it was a lame confession.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I am 38 and just had my 20 year high school reunion. Me and one other guy were not bald. He was gray and I have the odd gray hair here and there. Hell...I would say even Beth is getting a few grays here and there between visits to her hairdresser.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
It's so funny how much he ties his self-worth to his hair. Like when the Breaking Bad guy was on, Howard asked him how completely horrible and emasculating it is to shave his head for the role and he was like "uh what? no I don't care."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

jyrka posted:

It's so funny how much he ties his self-worth to his hair. Like when the Breaking Bad guy was on, Howard asked him how completely horrible and emasculating it is to shave his head for the role and he was like "uh what? no I don't care."

He's always had lovely self-esteem with regards to his physical appearance so how he treats his hair isn't shocking. He has a very self-deprecating view of himself(the nose, small dick, huge Adam's apple, etc) along with a dad who is very bald so it's to be expected that the one great thing about his looks that both he and others really like is the thing he ties most to his esteem and masculinity.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Wait, if his hair is greying, does that mean it's actually real? :psyduck:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

YeahTubaMike posted:

Wait, if his hair is greying, does that mean it's actually real? :psyduck:

I'm sure Howard can afford hair systems in any color he likes.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

prefect posted:

I'm sure Howard can afford hair systems in any color he likes.

Are you saying Howard doesn't go to the same people as Medicated Pete?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

I am 38 and just had my 20 year high school reunion. Me and one other guy were not bald. He was gray and I have the odd gray hair here and there. Hell...I would say even Beth is getting a few grays here and there between visits to her hairdresser.

I too am 38 and I haven't got a single grey hair, and my hairline in my new passport photo matches where it was in the passport photo from 10 years ago. My wife inspected my head the other day and was a bit surprised to find zero evidence of greying or other follicular deficiency.

It's lucky genetics, I don't doubt at all that Howard has very few greys/isn't bald at his age. My mother's almost 70 and is just barely starting to go salt & pepper (her hair is dark black and extremely thick and she's never colored it as long as I've been alive.)

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
I don't get what I'm seeing with Medicated Pete's hair. He's had hair transplants done which is why he's got that line of scalp, I get that - but he's also got fake hair implanted in the front?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I didn't even notice that line. So I guess he had two awful hair transplants done. Poor guy.

If you didn't watch that Pete special on HTV where they go to his house, do it now. It's so amazingly sad.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude
Pete didn't get a hair transplant. Shh... It's a wig.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Holiday shuffle owns. I wish they'd stop producing those godawful specials (fight week a shining exception) and focus entirely on themed shuffles. The way they play little one-off bits and caller series' from several weeks of shows is the best.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I actually like Stern Show Shuffle. If my radio wasn't somehow working without a sub, I'd pay for it just to listen to Shuffle. I don't know which guys make the compilations, but they do a pretty good job. It's a good range of old stuff from WNBC and WKRK. I didn't listen to the show in those days as no stations here carried it, so it's great for me to hear old bits and stuff.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Ronnie just tweeted that they'll be live in an hour. Would this be the first one day work week?

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Here all week apparently. Someone must have taken too many vacation days again this year.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mrfreeze posted:

Here all week apparently. Someone must have taken too many vacation days again this year.

Does "all week" include Friday? :monocle:

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

prefect posted:

Does "all week" include Friday? :monocle:

It does! Wednesday/Thursday/Friday this week.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

mrfreeze posted:

They did have a few unscheduled days off from the AGT tapings. He must 'owe' Sirius a few shows. Makes sense to do it now early in the year.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joe Don Baker posted:

They did have a few unscheduled days off from the AGT tapings. He must 'owe' Sirius a few shows. Makes sense to do it now early in the year.

Can't risk those precious long weekends in the Hamptons.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Howard is the last loving person in the world to buy a present for, jesus.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Godinster posted:

Howard is the last loving person in the world to buy a present for, jesus.

Cue four hours of "I NEVER GOT A CHRISTMAS PRESENT FROM ANY OF MY BOSSES!!!" and "I'M NOT YOUR BOSS GO ASK MEL FOR A CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!!!"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

Cue four hours of "I NEVER GOT A CHRISTMAS PRESENT FROM ANY OF MY BOSSES!!!" and "I'M NOT YOUR BOSS GO ASK MEL FOR A CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!!!"

Time to order people around and make threats: Howard is the boss.

Time to give things to the employees: Howard is not the boss.

Howard is the anti-:spidey: -- he wants great power without any responsibility.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

prefect posted:

Time to order people around and make threats: Howard is the boss.

Time to give things to the employees: Howard is not the boss.

Howard is the anti-:spidey: -- he wants great power without any responsibility.

Hah, that's actually a perfect way of putting it. I was re-listening to the whole "Too Many Plugs" saga and that's a prime example. It's Tim's job to approve all plugs on the air but apparently Howard has the authority to make Baba Booey do it instead (but he's totally not the boss guys, his name isn't on the checks!)

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
I'm impressed Howard did a show today rather than just putting it off until next week, nice work ethic Howard it's almost like you give a poo poo.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Howard Stern is back at work before I am? :monocle:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Holy poo poo they brought Bobo in and made him think the world was ending over the break. At first I thought they were over hyping it but its pretty loving great when they play the fake "Nukes are headed for new York" broadcast.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Sal did a good enough job given it was his day off, ballbusting for the sake of ballbusting.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Holy Calamity! posted:

Holy poo poo they brought Bobo in and made him think the world was ending over the break. At first I thought they were over hyping it but its pretty loving great when they play the fake "Nukes are headed for new York" broadcast.

This was doubly great because they all acted like he was a complete idiot as if, had the same situation happened to them, they wouldn't have been all "OH GOD EVERYONE WAS RIGHT THE WORLD IS ENDING"

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Howard is so obsessed with smells in public bathrooms. I mean, seriously, it's a bathroom. If someone needs to take a poo poo, where else are the going to do it? I think the only way Howard would be comfortable with it would be if the stall is hermetically sealed and shot into space once you're done.

geera
May 20, 2003

prefect posted:

I really should have had some balls and bought the stock when it was a nickel. A nickel, dammit! :argh:
I kick myself for not doing this pretty often! I bought 250 shares at $1.91 right before they announced the merger with XM and then it tanked. It's only gotten back up to break-even (and actually profitable now) in the last year or so. I remember looking at it when it was down around 10 cents a share and thinking "I should just buy $500 worth and see what happens." Would've been worth $15k today if I'd done that at 10 cents a share :(

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Oh how loving wonderful, Big Foot Junior is in studio.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Did they explain why Robin's not there today?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

sedative posted:

Did they explain why Robin's not there today?

She had a planned absence. Perhaps a medical appointment or something?

geera
May 20, 2003
My guess is that she made a medical appointment for today before they decided to do the W/Th/F shows this week.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Godinster posted:

Oh how loving wonderful, Big Foot Junior is in studio.

Sounds like I can skip today's show...

Ironic that I commented one Stern's bathroom talk without hearing yesterdays show, where there was MORE. Do these people really shower every time they take a dump?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

Sounds like I can skip today's show...

Ironic that I commented one Stern's bathroom talk without hearing yesterdays show, where there was MORE. Do these people really shower every time they take a dump?

Apparently Ronnie washes his rear end out in a regular sink after every dump. That is beyond baffling to me. Is it really that hard to clean yourself properly with toilet paper?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

haljordan posted:

Apparently Ronnie washes his rear end out in a regular sink after every dump. That is beyond baffling to me. Is it really that hard to clean yourself properly with toilet paper?

Yeah, but the attitude in the studio wasn't that this was overkill, but that he was crazy for not just showering again. Stern's dump neuroses have completely infected everyone on that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

Do these people really shower every time they take a dump?

I wish I had links, but dig through the archives if you want and look for GBS poop threads. There's quite a few goons who go through bizarre making GBS threads rituals including showers, getting completely naked before pooping, and other crazy stuff.