Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
This is why a pomeranian is useful.

-Got a cold/feel sick/wishing for death? Okay cool let's sleep and I will quietly hold my bladder for impossible lengths
-Got a hangover? Okay cool let's sleep and I will suddenly decide not to bark at everything for once
-Being a mopey butt? Okay cool let's sleep and I will constantly show you how cute my belly is
-Wanna go out and do something? gently caress YEAH MAN LET'S GO BALLS OUT
-Wanna do some training? gently caress YEAH MAN LET'S GET ALL THE TREATS
-Wanna travel? gently caress YEAH MAN LET'S SEE SOME poo poo
-Wanna spend all day climbing a mountain? gently caress YEAH MAN I LOVE TO PEE ON GIANT THINGS
-Wanna chase these other dogs/chickens/cat/rabbits/kill a thing? gently caress YEAH MAN I AM DEATH DESTROYER OF WORLDS

-Just feel like eating microwave food and browsing interwebs? Okay cool let's sleep

Captain Foxy fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Thats my brothers Pom to a T. Her name is Ginger and she's a little cute fluffbutt.

My dog on the other hand, won't shut the gently caress up and tore up a pillow. Just lay down for two drat minutes dog!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pile of Kittens posted:

I got to walk a pibble! :neckbeard:

His hind pads seemed swollen to me. Does this look swollen?

He's a sweetheart, but with some clear redness on his muzzle and butt. Doesn't that indicate likely food allergies? The owner had him on some wal-mart giant bag food and milkbones for treats. He doesn't get exercised enough and is all wiggles and puppy licks. He made that hearbreaking "my world is melting" face when I tried to walk him more than four blocks from home. He was good and tired when I was done with him, though!

That paw pad looks weird to me but it might just be a breed thing or something.

Captain Foxy posted:

-Got a cold/feel sick/wishing for death? Okay cool let's sleep and I will quietly hold my bladder for impossible lengths
-Got a hangover? Okay cool let's sleep and I will suddenly decide not to bark at everything for once
-Being a mopey butt? Okay cool let's sleep and I will constantly show you how cute my belly is
-Wanna spend all day climbing a mountain? gently caress YEAH MAN I LOVE TO PEE ON GIANT THINGS
-Wanna chase these other dogs/chickens/cat/rabbits/kill a thing? gently caress YEAH MAN I AM DEATH DESTROYER OF WORLDS

-Just feel like eating microwave food and browsing interwebs? Okay cool let's sleep

Oh hey you just described Kaydee. Only it needs to be + -Want me to be super snuggly right now? Oh my god I love you so much let's CUDDLE :swoon:

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

My Chihuahua Sasquatch is like that. He's pretty much happy to do whatever with me, as long as he's with me.
He gets all excited and peppy when I ask him to do anything, but also loves to just snuggle right up to me if I'm being lazy.

He loves going out on adventures, and if he sees me putting my coat/shoes whatever on to leave he usually runs into his sherpa bag with his tail wagging.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Captain Foxy posted:

One time, Ellie's owners forgot to call me before they left, so Ellie ended up being left alone for 27 hours. And held it the entire time.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Bash Ironfist posted:

My dog on the other hand, won't shut the gently caress up and tore up a pillow. Just lay down for two drat minutes dog!

Have you been increasing his exercise?

WALK A DOG :black101:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I also have the worst cold/virus known to man. Thankfully the dogs were at dog daycare all week last week and are too worn out to be annoying butts.

Max is incredibly offended that I am staying in my bed today and am interrupting his nap. I get the most offended looks from him whenever I sneeze/cough and he made a point of leaving the room in a huff earlier after a particularly loud cough attack. I think he's just grumpy from not feeling well himself though, he's usually a lot cuddlier when I'm sick. Of course Pistol the Simple Dog is overjoyed and it is the best day of his life that his mommy is home all day with him. Every day is the best day ever for Pistol. I wish I could be that blissfully happy all the time.

Speaking of Pistol, he just attempted to bark at the landscapers but his voice cracked mid-bark and it came out as a really high pitched squeak-yodel. I almost died laughing.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Fraction posted:

Have you been increasing his exercise?

WALK A DOG :black101:

I have! I've been sick as poo poo with a nasty cough and I've STILL been doing more with him! Today he's just full of piss and vinegar I guess. I can't really run around, I cough and it hurts :(

I do have a kong frisbee so I'll throw that around until he gets board with it after a minute and starts whining again :suicide:

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Today I've had a lovely stomach ache and headache and I've still taken Lola for two and a half hours of fetch/boomer ball outside, plus a ~3.5mile walk with her and Jess. :smug:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I just bought my chihuahua-owning friend a singing, dancing Christmas chihuahua toy with a sombrero and poncho. It was in the clearance bin at Walgreens. I believe it will probably send Jack into a frenzy, and I hope I'm there to see it, because I'm a terrible person.

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr
So I ordered this bottle of Feliway from Amazon, and instead of sending me a 75ml bottle, they sent me a case of 48 75ml bottles. So yeah, like $960 worth of Feliway for $20. My friend said some poor warehouse dude could lose his job over it if I send back the extra, so the ethical thing to do is keep it. :colbert:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Contact them and see if they want them back. If not, I might be willing to buy some :v: Gonna need it if we really do get Gabe and Sarah over here.

Also, I feel like dancing: http://www.wunderground.com/US/TX/419.html#WIN

Up to 8 inches of snow? Really? If that happens, Kaydee will practically be up to her shoulders in snow. I want to be a great owner and make the danes go break trails before I let the little ones out, but let's be honest. I'll pick her up and chuck her into it just to watch her sink.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I also have the worst cold/virus known to man. Thankfully the dogs were at dog daycare all week last week and are too worn out to be annoying butts.

Max is incredibly offended that I am staying in my bed today and am interrupting his nap. I get the most offended looks from him whenever I sneeze/cough and he made a point of leaving the room in a huff earlier after a particularly loud cough attack. I think he's just grumpy from not feeling well himself though, he's usually a lot cuddlier when I'm sick. Of course Pistol the Simple Dog is overjoyed and it is the best day of his life that his mommy is home all day with him. Every day is the best day ever for Pistol. I wish I could be that blissfully happy all the time.

Speaking of Pistol, he just attempted to bark at the landscapers but his voice cracked mid-bark and it came out as a really high pitched squeak-yodel. I almost died laughing.

I think Bailey legit got sick of having me home. He was sad when my boyfriend headed back to DC but me? Out the door this morning? He was like wiggling at the door, "go get the gently caress out I need to sleep and or destroy things".

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Took Milo out for a walk in the snow, he had a pretty good workout in the silly amount of snow.

Poor guy didn't make it to midnight.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Crooked Booty posted:

So I ordered this bottle of Feliway from Amazon, and instead of sending me a 75ml bottle, they sent me a case of 48 75ml bottles. So yeah, like $960 worth of Feliway for $20. My friend said some poor warehouse dude could lose his job over it if I send back the extra, so the ethical thing to do is keep it. :colbert:

:aaa: That is insane amounts of feliway! If you keep it all, maybe you can donate some to local animal shelters/rescues?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Pile of Kittens posted:

I got to walk a pibble! :neckbeard:

His hind pads seemed swollen to me. Does this look swollen?

He's a sweetheart, but with some clear redness on his muzzle and butt. Doesn't that indicate likely food allergies? The owner had him on some wal-mart giant bag food and milkbones for treats. He doesn't get exercised enough and is all wiggles and puppy licks. He made that hearbreaking "my world is melting" face when I tried to walk him more than four blocks from home. He was good and tired when I was done with him, though!

The redness on muzzle and butt could just mean allergies - to fleas, food, or something in the environment. Usually the more centered on the butt the more concerned I am about fleas, but really they can all look like each other a lot of the time.

That paw looks a bit weird, but I'd have to play with it physically to work out if it's swollen or if it's odd physique or something.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I was tapping out a little catnip onto the cat tree earlier, and Nibbler ran up and grabbed my hand. As a result, I dumped a good tablespoon of catnip all over him.

:catdrugs:, man. He's freaking the gently caress out.

Leela came over to see what was going on and he chased her away from the cat tree so he could roll around in ecstasy undisturbed.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Fraction posted:

ETA: Shifty Pony I took the hard PISS ball out today and we played with it. It's very, veeery bouncy on concrete, not so much on grass. Lola had fun with it though!

video one
video two

Oh awesome! That is a ton more bounce than I would have expected based on how hard they are. She is so well trained bringing the ball right back and dropping it like a good dog. My parents dogs will do that a few times but then after a bit get tired of fetch and run around chomping hard on the ball playing keep-away, yet they will retrieve game to hand flawlessly all day when hunting :iiam:

Crooked Booty posted:

I'd call them over a mistake that big, because seriously how could you use that much? While they can't charge you for it, my understanding is you need to let them know for them to get it back if they so desire, at their expense. Amazon is really awesome though and they either will tell you to keep it (I've heard they often suggest you donate it to local charities) or completely schedule everything so all you have to do is leave it out for pickup or drop it by a UPS place. Even if they have you send it back I wouldn't be surprised at all if they refunded you for the original or gave you a gift card for troubling you with it.

You could still luck out, last month there was this guy who Best Buy got shipped a case of five ipads to instead of a single one, and their response was basically "Merry Christmas!"

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Hi.

OMF NOM NOMF

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Captain Foxy posted:

This is like Gary. He's spent the day wandering around, hanging out with whoever sits still the longest. We played some tug and ball for a while, then he chewed his antler, and now he's flopped again. If I take him to the park he'll play fetch until he dies. Maybe he does have some Pom in him.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Captain Foxy posted:

This is how Frankie is and why I secretly love having at least one dog I can just do whatever with. Moses is a constant pain because he only likes to do Some Things and those few things must be done In A Particular Order and none of those things ever involve sitting still. If I don't feel like doing something or decide to do a thing we don't normally do, the world is over because "OH MY GOD THINGS ARE DIFFERENT, IF THIS IS DIFFERENT THEN OTHER THINGS MIGHT BE DIFFERENT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME :qq:" and it is really nice to have at least one dog that can just chill out and sniff a grass and have a nap.

hhgtrillian
Jan 23, 2004

DOGS IN SPACE

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

This is like Gary. He's spent the day wandering around, hanging out with whoever sits still the longest. We played some tug and ball for a while, then he chewed his antler, and now he's flopped again. If I take him to the park he'll play fetch until he dies. Maybe he does have some Pom in him.

You better be careful, because I'm going to steal Gary. He's one of my favorites. I think that post needs to be edited with a picture of Gary. I'm stalking your dog on the internet. :ninja:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I think Max realized I'm actually sick and not just being annoying and hogging his my bed all day, and now he refuses to lay anywhere that isn't at least partially on top of me and keeps checking on me with his Concerned Face every so often :3:

Good dog.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

hhgtrillian posted:

You better be careful, because I'm going to steal Gary. He's one of my favorites. I think that post needs to be edited with a picture of Gary. I'm stalking your dog on the internet. :ninja:

You do realise saying stuff like that is like taking an alcoholic to a bar. Enjoy some pictures!

Toys are always better when their faces and hands have been removed.

Snoopin'

Patrolling the neighbourhood with his unwilling packmate Barney the Old Grump.

Fell asleep sideways on the couch.

And a nice one to end on. Happy spring days before it got ridiculously hot and the dogs stopped doing anything. Still waiting on the rest of the pictures from the photographer.

ETA please enjoy how tubby my dog is after living with my parents for 2 months. Once a fatty, always a fatty.

6-Ethyl Bearcat fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 3, 2013

hhgtrillian
Jan 23, 2004

DOGS IN SPACE

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

You do realise saying stuff like that is like taking an alcoholic to a bar. Enjoy some pictures!

Fell asleep sideways on the couch.

Woohoo, Gary. :dance: He is just way too cute. I will have a crazy, wire haired dog someday. Love him and all the pictures.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I think Max realized I'm actually sick and not just being annoying and hogging his my bed all day, and now he refuses to lay anywhere that isn't at least partially on top of me and keeps checking on me with his Concerned Face every so often :3:

Good dog.

The first and only time I've been seriously hung over Bailey did something similar including gingerly resting his head on my stomach. ACDs are assholes, but they're well meaning.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

It's pouring snow. There was an emaciated dog outside. He does not approve of the vet.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It's pouring snow. There was an emaciated dog outside. He does not approve of the vet.

Enjoy your belated Christmas gift to yourself of this new dog :haw:

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

I'm browsing through the working Border Collie forums, and egad, they're more pompous than PI is when it comes to breeding. I didn't think it was possible. It makes me want to buy a sports bred collie just to spite them.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

a life less posted:

I'm browsing through the working Border Collie forums, and egad, they're more pompous than PI is when it comes to breeding. I didn't think it was possible. It makes me want to buy a sports bred collie just to spite them.

lmao never ever read https://www.game-dog.com

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

See I just won't have to deal with that. Farmers generally don't give a gently caress about forums :banjo:

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

a life less posted:

If it's the same forum I tried to read when doing research, I just gave up on reading it because I couldn't stand some of the posters. I did a couple of searches on breeders to see if any red flags came up (some did), but that's it.

Fraction posted:

See I just won't have to deal with that. Farmers generally don't give a gently caress about forums :banjo:
But you see the posters are worried about working ability!!!

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

^ It probably is.

I admit I don't have enough hands on experience with working bred BCs (all my friends own sports bred, or dogs a generation removed from working lines) so I'm happy to get some more info. But... gently caress.

There are ~*guardians of the breed*~ with dogs who have never left their property...

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

a life less posted:

There are ~*guardians of the breed*~ with dogs who have never left their property...

Lmao this is normal in my breed :(

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Rixatrix posted:

But you see the posters are worried about working ability!!!

Just get some goddamn sheep and see how your dog does and stop sperging about itttt :mad:

e: Now I want to read this pompous forum. Goddamnit guys I've had enough of rat ladies, I don't want to read about dog ladies being idiots too.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

Lmao this is normal in my breed :(

why the hell would you want to leave you property because its different and a man's home is his castle, etc.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

TVs Ian posted:

Enjoy your belated Christmas gift to yourself of this new dog :haw:

No. :colbert:

This is Zee. He is not going to be mine. He is going to find his owners or find a nice, new home because drat it, no.

Vet says his heart and lungs sound great and he's probably 3-4, a chihuahua mutt and weighs probably half what he should. He was scared to death of everything. I let him hang out in the car when I went to set him up in the garage, came back, said "hi little guy!" and got a tail wiggle. His tail has a white tip. It's ridiculous.

He had a chain around his neck, so it's entirely possible he broke free. It's rubbed pretty hard too, so neosporin until it's better. He's sweet and gentle and I can't imagine him not being somebody's little pal.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh, man, I'm so glad you found him. I really hope his owner(s) show up!

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Bad Munki posted:

Oh, man, I'm so glad you found him. I really hope his owner(s) show up!

If he weighs half of what he should, and has sores on his neck from being chained up, I would prefer the owners didn't show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

wtftastic posted:

why the hell would you want to leave you property because its different and a man's home is his castle, etc.

I never once left this here farm and look how I turned out! :banjo:

• Locked thread