Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

KSN just posted the final few Heroes episodes. FINALLY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruttivendolo
Oct 31, 2010

by elpintogrande
Gotta wave the flag for Infinite Challenge: whoever haven't yet go watch it via the list atholbrose is working on or by downloading the torrent Bradster posted in alluvion. There's a very strong sense of camaraderie between the cast, like as in RM, and even if I'm just at episode 139 (dated 2008) I can already see why they awarded Park Myeong-su with the Daesang in 2012.

The man's awesome and has already dethroned JaeSook from my heart.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Haha I'm seriously loving all the fallout from the revelation that Rain's stay in the "army" includes him taking a day off every 4 days to go date Kim Tae Hee/do whatever he wants

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world
They better loving get rid of the ridiculous "celebrity soldier" positions they have. It makes a mockery of all the normal, non-famous, non-rich soldiers shivering at the DMZ, standing at a guard post with no fires and no real civilization for miles. "Stationed" in Gangnam? Really?

Christ I hate Korean society sometimes.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Archer2338 posted:

They better loving get rid of the ridiculous "celebrity soldier" positions they have. It makes a mockery of all the normal, non-famous, non-rich soldiers shivering at the DMZ, standing at a guard post with no fires and no real civilization for miles. "Stationed" in Gangnam? Really?

Christ I hate Korean society sometimes.

Comparing Rain's pathetic service with Hyun Bin's makes it look even more ridiculous. This news has made them look like fools so there's way there won't be repercussions from this.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

OK, 'Talk Talk' from the new SNSD record... why do I know this song already? All references online to it are about a day old, but I've heard it before I'm sure. I thought maybe a Japanese album but doesn't seem to be on them.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only

T. Mascis posted:

Comparing Rain's pathetic service with Hyun Bin's makes it look even more ridiculous. This news has made them look like fools so there's way there won't be repercussions from this.

Yup. I'm expecting a lot of people are going to get poo poo on for this debacle because it's embarrassed the nation's military which is A Really Big No-No. They might even give Rain himself a slap on the wrist! :allears:

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

The pHo posted:

OK, 'Talk Talk' from the new SNSD record... why do I know this song already? All references online to it are about a day old, but I've heard it before I'm sure. I thought maybe a Japanese album but doesn't seem to be on them.

Its Boomerang from the second JP album.

edit: As an aside 'Express 999' is awesome and could easily be a Quincy Jones era MJ song.

Famous TV Dad fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 3, 2013

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I am having trouble understanding from the articles if Rain actually did anything wrong, or if he just gamed a flawed system that catered to him while he's in the army.

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world

Jamesman posted:

I am having trouble understanding from the articles if Rain actually did anything wrong, or if he just gamed a flawed system that catered to him while he's in the army.

Well he did go off-base (ie, outside the Yongsan base perimeter) after he finished the radio show at the Army Radio Station in Gangnam, so he did do something wrong. But it seems like his superiors didn't even care, sooo...

Here's hoping some high brass lose some stars, and I wish Rain would at least get some extended service for the days he missed.

EDIT: Oh, and he also had 94 days of leave for only one year of service. That's crazy, in case that's not obvious. Apparently, even within the "Celebrity Corp" the days of leave you get is determined by your popularity.

gently caress that poo poo.

Oh, English article. http://khnews.kheraldm.com/view.php?ud=20130102000899&md=20130103003105_AN
Basically, he should have 22 days according to regulation. He had 94.

Archer2338 fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 3, 2013

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Famous TV Dad posted:

Its Boomerang from the second JP album.

edit: As an aside 'Express 999' is awesome and could easily be a Quincy Jones era MJ song.

Thaaaaat's the one, I knew I should've looked beyond comparing track names! Cheers

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
On one hand, if Kim Tae Hee wanted to hook up with me, I would be taking every opportunity I could to see her too. gently caress army regulations.

On the other hand, yeah... he's gotta end up in SOME kind of poo poo for that. That's almost a third of his service so far that he's gotten out of, which he gets to spend with everyone's dream girl. I'm surprised there aren't riots in the streets of Seoul right now.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

On one hand, I feel bad for every single Korean male citizen that has to give up 2 years of his life and join the military because of a war without active fighting for decades; I wouldn't want to do it either.

On the other hand, if I did my time and served my country properly, I would be furious someone got much better treatment just because they were famous.

Psy had to go back for 1 year because of something? It wasn't as crazy as this right? I remember reading about it, but not the details.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 3, 2013

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I thought Psy chose to serve an extended service. Might be wrong.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Whoa, I had no idea Hyun Bin chose to go into the tough-as-gently caress Marine Corps for his compulsory military service, and not the relatively easy Promotional Services or whatever most celebs get to do. Plus he got a citation for exemplary service?

My opinion of him just sky-rocketed. I will make sure to watch whatever the next drama is he's in, even if it sucks.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Welp, poo poo keeps hitting the fan. Oh Yeon Seo, currently on We Got Married with Lee Joon, has just been revealed to be dating Lee Jang Woo.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

^^^Lol, I saw some joking about her "cheating" with Jang Woo before. WGM needed a little drama anyway :v:

I'm right there with you man, I'm a Hyun Bin fan girl :allears:

Anyone ever watched Law of the Jungle? Seems like an interesting premise, seeing hoity toity idols and actors try not to die in the Amazon or whatever. It's fairly popular isn't it?

Corn Thongs fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 3, 2013

Selane
May 19, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Welp, poo poo keeps hitting the fan. Oh Yeon Seo, currently on We Got Married with Lee Joon, has just been revealed to be dating Lee Jang Woo.

This is so great. Because a few weeks ago everyone was posting '2012 year of the scandals' articles talking about all the poo poo that went down with G-Druggin/Seungri/Drunkkhun/T-error/IU+Eunhyuk and everything else. But at this rate we're on pace to out-scandal 2012 by halfway through January.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Jamesman posted:

There was an awards show like 2 days ago where Lee Joon and Lee Jang Woo were presenting, and Lee Joon straight up yelled into the audience to Oh Yeon Seo, "Pick who you like better, me or him." and she picked Lee Joon.

Guess that sneakiness didn't work out.

Edit: Couldn't find the subbed vid but here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4OPDyB6lWo

qbert fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 3, 2013

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Jamesman posted:

Ahaha it really is all kicking off in 2013. I'm disappointed because they're the best couple on the show and Lee Joon is going to be amazingly :smith:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm wondering if WGM is going to take any kind of legal action against her. You'd THINK a show like that would have some kind of "no dating people (or at least loving hide it really well) clause." This royally fucks them up so bad and there's very little in the way of damage control for them.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Jamesman posted:

I'm wondering if WGM is going to take any kind of legal action against her. You'd THINK a show like that would have some kind of "no dating people (or at least loving hide it really well) clause." This royally fucks them up so bad and there's very little in the way of damage control for them.

Nah, WGM doesn't have that kind of control over their cast members. Remember that Hyung-Don was in a relationship throughout his entire stint on WGM with Taeyeon, and even announced his marriage before their run ended?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Jamesman posted:

It's just a TV show duder, chill out.

Selane
May 19, 2006

qbert posted:

Nah, WGM doesn't have that kind of control over their cast members. Remember that Hyung-Don was in a relationship throughout his entire stint on WGM with Taeyeon, and even announced his marriage before their run ended?

Yeah, but in all fairness no one was taking that pairing seriously from the start.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

qbert posted:

Never watched their pairing and don't know who that guy is.

Anyway, if this means Lee Joon/Oh Yeon Seo are off the show and WGM has to scramble for a new couple, I AM willing to relocate to Korea to be paired up with Sandara Park, MBC. You DON'T have a lot of other options here and you DEFINITELY don't have the time to consider those other options.

I'll start packing while I wait for that phone call.

Whizbang posted:

It's just a TV show duder, chill out.

I am chill. Don't mistake my interest for overreaction.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 3, 2013

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Selane posted:

Yeah, but in all fairness no one was taking that pairing seriously from the start.

I predict the revelation of a Pudding Couple affair to be the biggest K-scandal of 2013. :colbert:

Jamesman posted:

Regular member of Infinity Challenge. The fat one.*

* The fat one that's not Gil.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Anyway, if this means Lee Joon/Oh Yeon Seo are off the show and WGM has to scramble for a new couple, I AM willing to relocate to Korea to be paired up with Sandara Park, MBC. You DON'T have a lot of other options here and you DEFINITELY don't have the time to consider those other options.

I'll start packing while I wait for that phone call.

The pairing was hilarious, but too short.

I can't wait for the couple haircuts.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

You know, it's kind of nice all these Korean celebrities are coming out with their relationships. The whole "you can't date" thing is so ridiculous and wrong for them on a personal level, I wonder how many relationships were broken up just because of stuff like that.

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world

qbert posted:

I predict the revelation of a Pudding Couple affair to be the biggest K-scandal of 2013. :colbert:

Regular member of Infinity Challenge. The fat one.*

* The fat one that's not Gil.

*And the one that is not Jung Jun-Ha (perm hair)

Jung Hyung-Don also guested in the RM Christmas special as well.

Oh, and the only "special" treatment that Hyunbin got was going to Indonesia while Secret Garden was premiering there to help promote the Korean defense industry products. He got like 10 days of special leave, yet he comes no where close to Rain in his number of leave days.

EDIT: Oh, so Hyunbin also turned in his lengthy special leave (which was reward for that) and got a leave length that was more in line with regular soldiers. This guy is a true man.

Also, another thing! If soldiers are on leave, they are required to wear their uniform AND hat when outside. He obviously did not have his hat on with Tae-hee, so he's in trouble for that as well! Coupled with that and doing personal business instead of RTB-ing, he's getting court martialed! :D

Archer2338 fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 3, 2013

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So will being court-martialed seriously adversely affect Rain?

Does this mean the Korean entertainment industry is going to make him persona non grata or will it be a funny story he tells next time he's on a variety show?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Cassa posted:

So will being court-martialed seriously adversely affect Rain?

Does this mean the Korean entertainment industry is going to make him persona non grata or will it be a funny story he tells next time he's on a variety show?

This won't go away

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Sounds like he's going to suffer the worst fate in the Korean celebrity world - shame.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Anyone want to take bets on what's going to happen? I'm going with: self re-enlistment to the military proper for 1 year.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I just finished watching this drama called Love Rain, which features Yoona from GG. It's essentially the story of two people hooking up in the 1970s and then fast-fowards to the modern day with another set of people falling in love. I was initially interested since the director of the show was also responsible for Winter Sonata and the other Season series.

With a show like this, I expected someone to get hit by a truck or get a life-threatening disease midway through the storyline. And well, I got both :lol:.

Overall, I liked the various twists and the melodramatic cheesiness of it all, but the ending just felt too rushed. Also, the inclusion of a random character midway into the show felt like so useless, like he was literally Poochie from the Itchy & Scratchy show.

coma
Oct 21, 2010

A little bit of a throwback, but the k-drama movie from 1993 Urban Girl Goes To Get Married is pretty good, and it's legally on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Gjw9GucKk

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

quote:

It looks like fans of the Oh Yeon Seo-Lee Joon couple on ‘We Got Married‘ can breathe a sigh of relief.

Oh Yeon Seo’s camp has once again denied that the actress is dating her ‘Oh Ja Ryong is Coming‘ co-star Lee Jang Woo on the January 4th broadcast of MBC‘s ‘Section TV Entertainment Relay‘.

On the show, the agency stated through a phone call, “The two are not dating. They’re a sunbae and hoobae of the same university, and they became close while filming the drama. There is no possibility that the relationship will develop into something more than a friendship in the future.”

On the other hand, Lee Jang Woo’s agency has remained silent on the issue.

Looks like we can dial back the alert level from Red to Orange on SCANDAL WATCH 2013

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
Just finished up Romantic & Idol, and it was pretty damned interesting. Poor Seungah! :ohdear: She got stepped on so much.

Surprisingly, Mir becomes much more tolerable as the show goes on. Also surprisingly, JB becomes the biggest douchebag on the show.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

futurememory posted:

Just finished up Romantic & Idol, and it was pretty damned interesting. Poor Seungah! :ohdear: She got stepped on so much.

Surprisingly, Mir becomes much more tolerable as the show goes on. Also surprisingly, JB becomes the biggest douchebag on the show.

Agreed! Seungah :(

Now to look forward to Yewon in season 2!

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Should I watch Laws of the Jungle, pls advise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I've been intrigued by it for a while so I'm gonna start watching it tonight. Will report to the thread with the exciting review.

• Locked thread