Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
EDIT: n/m

Experto Crede fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Well, might as well post up here anyways

My Experience: None professional or enterprise level. Presently responsible for keeping home business running with backups and hardware repairs.
What I'm looking for: Entry level networking or security related job. Technician work is okay. Helldesk also works. Flexibility of hours to facilitate earning of a degree. To gain real world in field experience.
What I'm not looking for: Programming
Where I live: Bergenfield, NJ
Where I'm looking: 20 mile radius of the above
When can I start: 2 weeks of offer or hire
RequirementsPart-time preferable, full-time acceptable.
Contact: twooh1-seven2three-three1three3 or Panzarinotech at gmail dot com

Certifications
Comptia Network+ (September 2012)
Comptia A+ (January 2013)

VVV Eh, like I said helldesk is fine

QuiteEasilyDone fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 10, 2013

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
I don't mean to be rude, but based on this I'd say help desk IS the position you should be looking at, if you don't know any Exchange/AD/enterprise you can't expect anything better than that right now. Get a support role for 18 months then look for something better.

Most certs aren't gonna help with this (source; I have CCNA + several MCSE certs and can say they never did me any good...they are fairly meaningless if you ask me)

I was in a very similar position to you three years ago so I know how it is, nobody wants to do support but if you don't code/have a degree this is the route.

All the best dude!

Experto Crede posted:

Well, girlfriend walked out on me with my daughter, and don't want to be stuck at home on benefits feeling like poo poo so:

My experience: Self taught computer nerd, been dealing with repairing hardware as long as I can remember, knowledgeable of windows, os x and linux. Not much networking experience in an enterprise capacity, mainly home stuff. Worked at an independent computer shop in Portsmouth a few years back in exchange for staying with a friend doing front of store/consumer hardware repair.
What I'm looking for: A hardware focussed job ideally, but not too fussed. Something which would benefit longterm career prospects would be great.
What I'm NOT looking for: Consumer help desk positiins
Where I live: Slough, Berkshire (15 mins from Paddington)
Where I'm looking: London/Berkshire area
When I can start: As good as ASAP
Requirements: Would prefer full time, wage that would cover rent.
Can be reached via: [email]brucedeschacht[at]gmail[dot]com[/email]

Not much as you can see, but hopefully someone could make use of me. Lack of official certification means previous attempts to get IT work never panned out :smith:

Autarkeia
May 24, 2005
He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin'... Somethin's gonna happen.
For anyone in or around St. Louis, we have a few job opportunities.

We need a Technical Business Analyst immediately. We are contracted with a recruiting organization, Kforce, to fill this position, so any external applicants we want to hire would have to be routed through them. There is a careerbuilder posting of this job by Kforce.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=J3G2T567GS71TW6MS07&IPath=QHKV0C

quote:

Technical Business Analyst

JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities: Our client in St. Louis is seeking a Technical Business Analyst to support the growth and integration of business lines and technology. This role requires the individual to develop a deep understanding of our business as a whole as well as the applications being utilized within.

Responsibilities:
Will entail report writing, the coordination of application testing and integration and the support of these applications

Working with a variety of applications (ERP system, electronic document management, mobile device access, intranet, databases) in a collaborative role to manage and support these systems and develop reports from their datasets based on business needs

Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems

Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes

Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of our ERP system

Assist in troubleshooting software application issues

Assist network administrator (I don't know why they included this as a responsibility.)

JOB REQUIREMENTS
Skills Desired/Required:

Should have a minimum of 3 years of technology experience with at least 1 year hands-on technical roles in the field and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals

Experience with Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL or equivalent relational database

Understanding of Crystal Reports/LogiXML or equivalent reporting tool and Business Analytics/Intelligence

Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project

Strong analytical and problem solving skills

Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes

Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities

Excellent English oral and written communication skills

Degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education

Background in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, and HTML

Familiarity with PHP, Javascript, CSS, or relevant languages

Internet design/development utilizing HTML and JavaScript

ERP system experience

General understanding of software systems, basic knowledge of servers, databases, and client side technology, augmented with solid logical, systems-thinking

My addendum to the above is I want someone who really wants to learn and understand the nature of our business and how we perform it. You need a good understanding of how we conduct our business to successfully implement solutions.

There will be two other positions we will be hiring for in the near future. One will be similar to the Technical Business Analyst, tweaked a bit to cover some other bases. The second will be on the hardware/network side of things. A help desk support guy for general duties but also help manage and support our quickly increasing mobile devices.

For special consideration you can contact me directly, otherwise it isn't guaranteed Kforce would forward a resume along to us.

PM or dfuller@murphy-stl.com

As for who you could be working for:
Murphy Mechanical Engineering and Construction. The largest in the region and depending how well a year goes the 12-14th largest in the nation. You could say we are a specialty subcontractor in piping and HVAC but we do almost everything. If you have a stereo typical image of the construction industry we fit the mold fairly well. The are lots of rough individuals with rough humor, even in the office. I've been here almost 15 years. Started as lowly setup computers guy and I'm now an ism, Information Systems Manager. Doesn't mean much, just that I've been the one who keeps stepping up to try new things, understand them and manage them. Personally I love the relaxed atmosphere with lots of good people to work with. We are a very strong and stable company with a solid and aggressive growth plan for the future.

Perks and bennies:
Good PTO, 401k, dental and health, relaxed and flexible crew to work with.

covener
Jan 10, 2004

You know, for kids!
Job Title: Software Engineer

Who we are:
IBM (WebSphere Application Server development specifically)

Job Details:
Level 3 support and development of (mostly) java middleware. Some native middleware (web / proxy servers) opportunities
in the area as well. Writing and maintaining automated tests.

Who We Are Looking For:
Driven entry level candidates with a background in java.

Skills: Java, J2EE technologies, C is a plus. Marginally more programming notches on your belt than what's been dictated by coursework.

Other Requirements: GPA 3.0+

Why would you want to work here?
This is a demanding job, and is primarily maintenance / L3 support (our final tier of support where suspected defects from
the field are routed) until you build skills, which is a turn-off to some. Not a lot of glamour. Some opportunities to work
on some OSS on IBM's dime. Fun if you lean more towards working on the plumbing rather than HTML5.

(spreadsheet updated, contact me at address listed there if you want to discuss)

Bitter[HATE]
Jul 28, 2000
I am EDGAR and today is THE BIG DAY.
Job Title:Senior JavaScript Dev and Senior Art Director for Digital Dept
Who we are : BLT Communications, a large advertising agency

Job Details:
Senior JavaScript Developer
BLT's development team is on the cutting-edge of creating interactive experiences focusing on web and spanning multiple platform categories including mobile and devices. We are seeking out a lead developer who is highly motivated and has a passion for using and learning the latest technologies, frameworks and social platforms and has a passion for bringing rich experiences to market. Candidates should have a thorough understanding of JavaScript, HTML and CSS as well as related technologies, platforms and libraries. Experience working with Node.js, JQuery, Knockout.JS, Backbone.js and related libraries is a plus as is past experience working with social media APIs such as Facebook and Twitter.

Candidate should also have some experience working in back-end technologies and databases such as PHP, SQL, ASP.NET and Ruby on Rails or at least have an interest in developing these skills over time.

AS WELL AS:

Senior Digital Art Director
BLT Digital, Social & Mobile Services has an opening for a Senior Art Director to join our creative team. We are looking for a well-rounded, talented individual who has a deep understanding of design, typography, motion, and creative strategy with experience in the entertainment/advertising industry.

Minimum Requirements:
• 3+ years agency experience
• An in-depth knowledge of appropriate usage of the latest versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and InDesign
• Flash a big plus
• Strong concept development and graphic design ability
• Strong understanding of composition, color, typography, web usability
• Experience working with site maps, user flows, wireframes and other information design documents

Responsibilities:
• Concepting and designing cutting-edge creative for web (rich media, sites, activities, video, games) as well as mobile and tablet devices
• Lead team of designers on projects; oversee design on selected projects, present design and vision to Creative Director, supervise and art direct team, ensure that project meets clients objective, strategy, quality standards and timely and accurate delivery to developer.
• Work collaboratively with our digital strategist, social media, user experience, technology and development teams.

Why would you want to work here: It's a fun company to work for, we are in the CNN Building so you get free parking in the lot. Free food on Mondays and Fridays and if you work past 8. Plus you get to work on some fun projects http://bltcommunications.com/Explore/Digital for some examples.

Send cover letter and resume to hr@bltomato.com. PM me if you have questions about the jobs.

BelDin
Jan 29, 2001
My experience: 10+ Years in IT, mostly in management, networking, and security, M.S. in Engineering Management. Alphabet soup includes CISSP, CCNA, S+, ITIL, and hopefully VCP soon.

What I'm looking for: A position with an opportunity for career growth. Experienced as a IT Manager and Cyber Security Manager. Got moved back to Network Engineering because of stuff falling apart, which deadened any career path at my current company (successful overhaul). Would like an opportunity that lets me keep my DOE "Q" clearance. (TS)

What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk, CorvetteFisher type position.

Where I live: Piketon, OH

Where I'm looking: Columbus or Cincinnati area.

When I can start: Two week notice

Requirements: Good/great benefits and negotiable salary

Can be reached via: PM

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Repost with new information and vacancies. I also added it to the spreadsheet:

London job opportunities for developers of all kinds, support engineers, project managers and product managers

Hi all, you might have heard that Amazon recently bought lovefilm and have since announced the opening of a development center in London.

I currently work there and I have to say that they are recruiting like mad. There is so much planned for the future (which I can't really talk about in too much detail) across so many areas of development that if you have any technical skills that meet the criteria of any of these jobs, then make sure you send your c.v. to me at bravejadegoody@gmail.com so I can get you in touch with the right people. I am a developer myself and am not responsible for hiring but I am simply putting the word out and can help getting your cv to the right people internally if you are suitable for the job. I would also get a small referral bonus if you eventually got the job. I am declaring that right now just in case it seems shady :)

Be sure to include the url or job title of the position you are applying for.

Look here for a list of jobs

Recruitment is ongoing and the jobs list is updated regularly so be sure to check back.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Hi goons – my graphic design firm in Washington, DC needs a good go-to IT person to help us fix our ailing network asap (we currently have wires running all over the studio as a temporary measure), to generally point out all of the idiotic ways we currently have things setup, and to help put things in better order. I'm happy to provide more specific information on what we need in email. This is not a full time position, we just need some help from an independent contractor or small business or what have you.

We're an all mac office (including our server) so knowledge of OS X server is an absolute must. We've had folks help us in the past who were like, "Oh I deal with PCs usually, but I'm sure OS X will be easy to figure out," who then proceeded to gently caress things up even worse. So please don't be another one of those people. :(

Shoot me your info (availability / rates) at ian [an at sign] ripe [a period] com.

nite time dinosaur
Sep 12, 2011

this is what you get when you mess with us
My employer (On Deck Capital, Inc) is looking to fill a few positions in NYC - Manhattan. A Linux sysadmin, and a Data Scientist, whatever the hell that is.

Listing for Linux sysadmin

Listing for Data Scientist

We are in the business of small business loans. We do loans from $5k to $150k, our target market is small businesses with 3 to 25 employees. Our turnaround time for loans is ~24 hours, rather than weeks.

Salary isn't amazing by NYC standards, but is still pretty good (minimum should be ~$75k), benefits start on day 1 and are pretty decent. There's 401k but no matching (yet), stock options, an FSA for medical, daycare, and even commuter ($240/mo for parking , less for metrocard but enough to cover monthly).

Environment is really good, you won't be working 80 hours a week, everyone is pretty laid back, but motivated and excited to be here. Nobody is checked out or bored. I am not lying when I say I am excited to come to work in the morning. When I was shopping for work my #1 priority was a good environment where the work/life balance is comfortable but people are productive and try to do things the Right Way™ (for the most part). Company is privately owned by employees at the moment, so there's absolutely zero pandering to shareholders to make things a corporate hellhole, but we're well beyond the flying by the seat of our pants stage of startupdom.

You can contact me by PM or by email at wdrose [at] gmail [dot] com with any questions, or if you'd like to let me know you're interested.

nite time dinosaur fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 22, 2013

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

nite time dinosaur posted:

There's 401k but no matching (yet), stock options, an FSA for medical, daycare, and even commuter ($240/mo for parking or metrocard).
Careful -- the maximum pre-tax TRA deduction for transit was $230/month back in 2011, but the IRS lowered the cap back down to $125 (where it was previous years) in 2012. $240 is for parking only.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

We have a new position open in the UK.

Who We Are: Pace Plc, a global market leader in the Pay TV Set Top Box market.

We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our engineering tools group located in our Saltaire, UK office.

Some details are listed here: http://www.pace.com/global/careers/vacancy-locations-index/saltaire/senior-software-engineer-vacuk511/

Basically the position manages all our linuxy infrastructure bits for the engineering folks that write software. The title says Senior Software Engineer, but to the best of my knowledge outside of some scripting you won't be creating code. You'll be managing Linux Systems like SVN, CVS, our Wiki and anything else running *nix. Linux Shell and Perl are very important. Knowledge of VMWare and IBM Servers and SAN's would go a long way as well.

We also have a ton of job openinings in other sites, mostly for software engineers and QA folks Here is a link to our job openings in the Americas. http://www.pace.com/americas/careers/vacancies/

We still need a strong System Admin for our San Jose location, strong VMWare and Microsoft Infrastructure knowledge is desired. The job posting is a little out of date, but feel free to ask questions.

zennik
Jun 9, 2002

posting closed

zennik fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 30, 2013

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

the spyder posted:

Who we are: Urban Robotics
What we do: 2D/3D Aerial photography and Cluster Computing.
When: Now!
https://www.urbanrobotics.net

Before I get started: We do NOTHING with Robotics. Sorry to disappoint.

Urban Robotics is a Software and Hardware Engineering company located in downtown Portland, Oregon. We build high resolution 2D/3D imaging systems and portable cluster computing environments.

Job: Systems Engineer
We need a motivated Systems Engineer to handle creating and maintaining images for our field hardware. You would be responsible for our Windows 7 machines and our Solaris based ZFS datastations. Along with maintaining the quarterly Windows Update cycle and Group Policy hardening required by our customers. You would be working under the production manager and providing general support to our field staff. Travel is required, but generally no longer then a week.

What I am looking for: Someone with 4+ years experience in imaging and a background in general Windows/Linux support. A strong technical background, experience with Supermicro servers, Group policy administration, Windows Firewall, and some experience in Unix/Linux. For the imaging side of things: you know what WPE/ ImageX/ WIMS / WAIK are and have used it in the past. You can sysprep a system in no time flat. Clonezilla is your best friend.

You must be willing to learn and move at a fast pace to succeed.

Cool things We have a great office, great staff, and the ability to work from home. Full benefits, 401k contribution, raises, ect. Competitive pay DOE.

*You must be able to obtain a Security Clearance and pass a Background Check.

UPDATED- I need a Systems/Imaging Engineer STAT.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Who we are: OB10
What we do: Electronic invoicing
When: Immediate
Job: Part time Systems Administrator (contract)
We have a 6 month part time position to take some of the daily tasks away from my team so we can work through the upcoming projects. Looking for 4 hours a day, flexible within the work day (if you want to work 10-2 or 1-5, whatever is fine!).

Responsibilities are mostly following a daily check routine, and actioning a few basic tickets.

What we're looking for: Someone looking for a few hours a day of I.T. work. Especially college students or recent grads. Basic I.T. ability is the only thing we need - as long as you know how to use a computer, we can get you up to speed on the rest quite quickly.

Why you should work here: It's a fun office and a great team. We have flexibility in the schedule, making it great if you're taking classes. It pays better than retail work while you're in college, and it offers a better resume padding in the long term.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
My experience: 3 years of Windows troubleshooting including 1 year of traditional Help Desk experience. Lots of printer troubleshooting (I work for a college). Some Outlook troubleshooting. Virus removal experience. Some MAC troubleshooting, we use all mac hardware with Windows 7 through either bootcamp or VMware Fusion. About to finish an AS in Network Support in May.

Classes taken in major include: 2 Red Hat Linux. CISCO routers. CISCO Switches. Windows Server 2008 R2 with AD.
CISCO Topics covered in class: Developing addressing schemes and subnetting, configuring routing protocols including RIP, RIP v2, OSPF, EIGRP and static routing, configuring native vlans, configuring switch ports for access or trunk mode, configuring switchport security, configuring STP.

Red Hat Topics covered in class: installation, creating/resizing logical volumes and volume groups, SELinux, creating and adding users to groups, changing file permissions and ownership, scheduling tasks with cron and creating backups with tar and gzip.

What I'm looking for: anything where I can get some production experience.

What I'm NOT looking for: At this point I will basically take any IT position but looking for something junior level Network admin type
Where I live: Jacksonville FL

Where I'm looking: Anywhere really I would love to relocate after my classes are over.

When I can start: Two week notice

Requirements: Full time with benefits.

Can be reached via: PM or email at swatjr at hotmail dot com

Merica fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 5, 2013

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

the spyder posted:

Heads up to WA state'rs:

St. Martins University in Lacey, WA (Olympia) will be hiring here shortly for a IT Helpdesk position and several other IT positions. Will update with contact info once I have it.

Update-

Now also hiring for a Senior Network Admin and Desktop Support Admin.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

the spyder posted:

Is there a way to contact you directly about this position?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
My Experience: Several years of web design/development. Several years software/hardware support. About a year of database-related development. Six months of manual software testing and QA. About a year of social media marketing, FB apps,
What I'm looking for: Entry level or intermediate level tech job, preferably in IT or web/database dev but I'm not too picky about that
What I'm not looking for: Dead-end jobs with no pay and no opportunity to move up ever
Where I live: Boston, MA area
When can I start:
Requirements Full-time preferred, but part-time or contract work acceptable. T-accessible would be a big plus

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
My Experience: 2+ years of Desktop and Server Support for a major University in the state of Florida. Major projects included two site migrations, print server management, print monitoring management (Dell's OpenManage Printer Monitor), Windows Updates to production webservers, hardware support on over 800 physical servers and over 400 physical workstations including Dell Warranty Certifications, basic domain management with Active Directory. Limited Mac experience from previous work experience program with a high school. May as well add, 5+ years of Publix (regional supermarket) in customer-facing positions. I have my customer service chops down.
What I'm looking for: A job that will allow me to expand my skills in a supportive environment with people I can learn from
What I'm NOT looking for: Tier 1 Helpdesk
Where I live: Northeast Orlando, FL (32816)
Where I'm looking: 25 mile radius of the above.
When I can start: 2 weeks after we've reached an agreement
Requirements: Full time.
Can be reached via: PM, robejacobs <at> gmail <dot> com

Shit Fuckasaurus fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 23, 2013

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Main Paineframe posted:

My Experience: Several years of web design/development. Several years software/hardware support. About a year of database-related development. Six months of manual software testing and QA. About a year of social media marketing, FB apps,
What I'm looking for: Entry level or intermediate level tech job, preferably in IT or web/database dev but I'm not too picky about that
What I'm not looking for: Dead-end jobs with no pay and no opportunity to move up ever
Where I live: Boston, MA area
When can I start:
Requirements Full-time preferred, but part-time or contract work acceptable. T-accessible would be a big plus

I work for Carbonite and can refer you to any of the positions on this page:
https://careers-carbonite.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=&searchCategory=&searchRadius=5&searchZip=

New positions pop up all the time, so if nothing there right now is up your alley, check back later.

If I refer someone, it skips the automated filter crap, so at the very least you'll have a Real Actual Person look at your resume.

There are positions in Boston, Lewiston (Maine), Sunnyvale (Northern California), and occasionally in New Jersey.

Just PM me here or email me at confusedus at gmail.com

dillon
Nov 20, 2002
Grimey Drawer
My experience: *nix systems magician (scaling/HA, change mgmt, nailing "weird problems"), Python/Perl/Ruby/NodeJS/C developer (backend not frontend), Linux user since 98 (redhat 5.2), 8 years in hosting biz, wearer of many hats

What I'm looking for: backend dev, perhaps devops, in an ambitious place that is doing cool work & doesn't limit the desire to contribute

What I'm NOT looking for: call center/tech support/server monkey gigs, J2EE/.NET dev or anything involving a lot of Windows servers, anything involving cPanel, Plesk, or the like

Where I live: Austin

Where I'm looking: Austin. Willing to discuss telecommuting, or relocating to SF area, Seattle, Portland, or Denver/Boulder under the right circumstances (Dallas/Houston = NOPE)

When I can start: Preferably after SXSW (March 19) so I can make the most of my plat badge. I'll buy you a beer if you're coming down!

Requirements: Fair pay and non-crap insurance

Can be reached via: LinkedIn or Indeed (resume) or dminus@dmin.us

Cheers :)

El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002
My experience: One of two admins for a 50 person consulting firm for the past six years full time, and three more before that ~20 hours a week part time. In a small firm, I've got to do a lot of everything so I'm wide but only deep in a few areas. Primarily, I am responsible for the Exchange 2003 / 2007 server, VMware 4 environment (2 hosts, 30VMs, ~400Gb of memory and 10Tb of storage), Cisco Spam & Virus Blocker (rebaged Ironport), and Cisco ASA5510. I have a VCP and a VTSP, so I'm almost half of a VMware partnership right out of the box. Nine years experience in the Windows server world. Decent experience in Linux. Five years of ESX 3.5 and 4 experience.

What I'm looking for: Senior network admin at a bigger company, or a jack of all trades type of job at smaller company that's growing.

What I'm NOT looking for: Anything without training budgets, anything with a shoestring budget for upgrades, any place with an ADD boss.

Where I live: Dallas

Where I'm looking: Dallas / Fort Worth. Willing to travel or telecommute.

When I can start: Two weeks notice

Requirements: Good pay. Definitely need opportunities for advancement in the company or skills development. I could live with hourly if I can get benefits and a decent amount of hours a week.

Can be reached via: Via PM or the AIM in my profile

Kaludan
Jul 2, 2009

the spyder posted:

I threw an app at your site for the Systems Engineer as you have no listed contact info. For other seekers, if you go far enough back through his posts he listed his gmail address.

Just a suggestion that "Can get clearance" might be better defined. It reads to me as, "won't obviously fail the clearance tests when the time comes for us to push you through the process" since it doesn't say "HAS clearance".

I'm out of Tampa, but the missus has been badgering me to move to the west coast for quite some time now.

Kaludan fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 25, 2013

Spazz
Nov 17, 2005

Spazz fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 5, 2018

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
Experience: Five years of software project management in both a Scrum environment and a Waterfall environment for a web-based Multiple Listing System (application for real estate agents to find, discuss, and market properties). Three years of product management, business analysis, and merchant implementation support for the flagship eCommerce gateway application of one of the largest credit card aquirer/processors in the US, as well as functioning as administrator, developer, and designer of our internal project tracking application (WAMP environment) for the merchant implementation side of that platform. QA on upcoming releases, both from the managing and performing sides, with a lot of experience working with RQM.

Basically I wear a lot of hats currently.

What I'm looking for: Something more focused towards project management and application design (not development), preferably in an agile environment. I'm a moderately skilled developer, but it's not something I actively enjoy when working to someone else's specifications. What I'd really like is to get into the MMO realm with a company that's actually willing to take some chances, but I know that's not likely for a lot of reasons.

What I'm NOT looking for: Contract positions, companies with an overabundance of internal political warfare, or things I'm massively overqualified for and will rapidly become bored with.

Where I live: Knoxville, TN

Where I'm looking: Preferably a remote position - relocation is not an option for me at this time short of a pretty outstanding offer.

When I can start: I'd need roughly a month after an offer letter to wrap things up properly here.

Requirements: Full time employment with a standard benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401k). Salary is a firm $45k/year minimum.

Can be reached via: PM, or email at ziyadah042@gmail.com.

Tiax Rules All
Jul 22, 2007
You are but the grease for the wheels of his rule.
My experience: A+ Certification. User experience with Windows 7/Vista/XP. 1 year of non-IT office experience. Install/update software and do basic anti-virus stuff for coworkers. BA in unrelated subject.
What I'm looking for: Helpdesk/IT support
What I'm NOT looking for: Part-time work
Where I live: Jersey City, NJ
Where I'm looking: Preferably NYC, but anywhere within a 50ish mile radius is okay
When I can start: 2 weeks notice
Requirements: Full-time with benefits, >$35,000
Can be reached via: evfredericksen@gmail.com, PM

Tiax Rules All fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 26, 2013

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Lots more jobs have opened up here at Carbonite.

I work for Zmanda, which was recently acquired by Carbonite, and know the most about the jobs at Zmanda HQ in Sunnyvale, CA, but there are jobs in Boston, MA and Lewiston, ME too.

Relocation assistance is currently not available. Local applicants or those already planning to move only, please.

We really need people for the support positions, so if you're interested, let me know! You can reach me by PM here on the forums, or at confusedus at gmail.

Jobs in Sunnyvale, CA

Technical Support Engineer
https://careers-carbonite.icims.com/jobs/1252/job

This is a support position, but it's not low-level helldesk. You'll be helping people with complicated systems set up and implement a complicated product. Daily responsibilities include answering phones, reading log files, sending emails, and posting on Something Awful.

Requirements: You must know Linux systems very well. It is the only non-negotiable thing. Bonus points if you know Windows and Mac OSX very well. Mega bonus points if you're familiar with MS-SQL, Exchange, MySQL, Sharepoint, or Oracle. If you know most of the above, you're a shoe-in.

Don't worry about having a degree; we care about your overall skills far more than a piece of paper. In fact, I don't think anyone on the support staff has a degree at this time. I certainly don't.

MySQL Backup Solution Engineer
https://careers-carbonite.icims.com/jobs/1236/job

Same as above, but you have to know MySQL like the back of your hand, too.

Unlisted Job: PHP Developer
We're looking for a php developer, but the job posting isn't up yet. I don't know much else, but if you're a PHP dev looking for a job, send me a message.

Front Desk & Office Administrator
https://careers-carbonite.icims.com/jobs/1245/job

Deliver mail! Fill out spreadsheets! Answer phones! Stock the break room with bananas! Everyone likes bananas. This is an entry-level receptionist-like job. Nothing fancy.

About Zmanda
Zmanda is a small, quiet company focusing on server backups. In maturity it occupies a great niche between startup and large corporation. Zmanda is (currently) a largely autonomous part of Carbonite, our parent company.

As part of the Zmanda division, you will have almost as much responsibility as you want. As you settle in, don't be afraid to take ownership of something that needs to be done.

In the last year, I went from part-time phone monkey to something closely resembling a project manager. I have a finger in every pie. I've launched a new help site, identified and managed development of solutions to five of the six most common customer problems (the sixth is under discussion), and, in general, had the opportunity to branch out in almost any direction I wanted.

Jobs in Boston, MA and Lewiston, ME:
There's a ton of positions available in Boston. Everything from Marketing to UX to Network Architects to interns. I just don't know as much about them.

Please see https://careers-carbonite.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=&searchCategory=&searchRadius=5&searchZip=

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I know everyone wants a tech support job, right? Already got one goon successfully hired. This is only in Greensboro, NC.

Linky

There are other regions hiring for tech support as well, I don't have any pull with them whatsoever but you can always put in I referred you. Just PM me with questions.

Gothmog1065 posted:

If anyone is looking for a job and you have some modicum of computer experience, Time Warner Cable is hiring for a Tier 3 tech support job. PM or email me your information. Here's the official job posting:

Posting Job Title: Tech II, Advanced Support
Requisition #: 139317BR
Posting Location: United States - North Carolina - Greensboro
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time

Posting Job Description:

The Time Warner Cable Carolina region currently seeks Advanced Technical II Support Representatives for our Customer Care Department in Greensboro, NC. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.

Position Summary
The Advanced Support Tech talks with customers by phone and/or email to resolve data problems and troubleshoots video, HSD (High Speed Data), digital phone and data services. Own all customer issues presented to you while acting as the customer's liaison into the company. Must be flexible to work any shift Sunday -- Saturday.

Essential Job Functions:
* Troubleshoot with TWC subscribers who are having difficulty with video, digital phone and data services utilizing all available diagnostic tools Once problems are resolved, agents are required to introduce new services or products to these customers following a specified sales process and must a meet a monthly sales quota
* Resolve complex data problems that involve local network issues, email issues, modem trouble and other company owned equipment and/or software configurations
* Utilize reasoning and critical thinking skills, identify appropriate fix agent and resolve single-user issues
* Assist voice customers when needed, including but not limited to calling customers to confirm issue resolution
* Assist, coach, train all support representatives on work-related procedures and products
* May review tickets for potential system issues to escalate to different group as needed May assist with error trending, analysis and feedback sessions
* Works with supervisors to streamline troubleshooting processes as well as create and maintain appropriate troubleshooting procedures
* Needs to be able to provide exceptional customer service, works various schedules including on-call support and performs other duties as assigned
* Supports all department and company goals and objectives

Job Requirements:
* Familiarity with cable system operations, internet and telephony operations preferred
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to make decisions quickly
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos Ability to write simple correspondence
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and technical papers related to equipment and/or troubleshooting processes
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations

Education and Experience:
* Job related 2 year degree or 2 years equivalent work experience required
* Certifications in related subject matter Examples include but are not limited to A+, N+, MCSE, CCNA, etc preferred
* Experience in supporting applications and equipment in a helpdesk environment preferred

Ignore the education and experience. If you can tell an ethernet cable from a phone line and have at least some familiarity with checking internet issues, you'll be fine.

edit: Starting pay is $15, and if you are in a TWC servicible area you get free internet to Turbo (20x2, extreme is $8 extra), free cable TV (Digital, All premiums (HBO, starz, cinemax, sportspass, etc) and phone for $20 a month if you want that. Also has a pension and good health benefits. Compensation is pretty good overall.

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.

Gothmog1065 posted:

Once problems are resolved, agents are required to introduce new services or products to these customers following a specified sales process and must a meet a monthly sales quota

:stare:

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

I was just about to inquire about that. That seems idiotic.

Oh my internet has been out for hours? Thanks for fixing it, now please add HBO onto my monthly bill.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Moey posted:

I was just about to inquire about that. That seems idiotic.

Oh my internet has been out for hours? Thanks for fixing it, now please add HBO onto my monthly bill.

True, but it's in line with my experience with Time Warner tech support reps' actions, so I don't think it's inaccurate. (It's still dumb, though.)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Kyrosiris posted:

True, but it's in line with my experience with Time Warner tech support reps' actions, so I don't think it's inaccurate. (It's still dumb, though.)

Every call-center tech support job I've had experience with does this. It's stupid.

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice
I got good at segueing from realizing that the problem is resolved to "okay, thanks so much for your help, have a great day!" <click>

gently caress being asked if I'll take a survey or if I want to add TV service for only a million extra dollars a month. I know what you guys offer, and I bought the services I have for a reason.

TheGreenBandit
Dec 22, 2006

President of the United States of Boogers
Edit: Got some resumes now just waiting on the bureaucracy.

TheGreenBandit fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 11, 2013

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Absolutely emailing you! I'll put SHSC Job in the subject field.

edited since you cleared yours out

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 13, 2013

Fuck them
Jan 21, 2011

and their bullshit
:yotj:
So I've finished an internship - and then some! I went over the official 10 weeks since I turned out to be useful after all! Since it's trade show season, and nobody is around to support me for the rest of the season, I'm on hold until June with where I'm at now unless I find something else - and they're actually cool with me doing things on a contract basis if I move on. I'm a CS Junior and ready to start doing more programming in the work place, since I like it so much so far. There's no going back now that I've actually started doing it for real, so it's time to find the next gig.

My experience: C#/SQL at work, Java and small C projects at school; GUI programming in .net with XAML and loved it, and swing as well. Developed a windows program to parse data from government .csv files and update SQL databases with the new data (HCPCS/CPT procedure codes for medicare billing and practice management) as well as generating insertion scripts for our IT guy to use remotely. Just finished a little webpage in asp.net that our clients can use as part of their own website to allow customers to take reservations, utilizing the existing reservation database our software has, complete with validation, confirmation codes and time slots. This was rather interesting since nobody knew web at all, and I was working independently.

Various little projects at school - implementing data structures in C and Java, little gui applications here and there, and actually teaching myself data/input validation.

I also have experience as a math, physics, chemistry, and (basic) programming tutor, as well as a broad non-computing background before I went to school.

What I'm looking for: Anything in the surrounding area, ideally near UNF, or, relocating to a place I'd much rather be to work for a while then finish my degree at night, or while working part time, if offered. If I was offered an entry level position and relocation assistance to get to Seattle, Portland, or any big city in the north east, I'd book the plane tickets right now. It might be a long shot, but I'm definitely motivated enough to make it worth someone's while.

What I'm NOT looking for: Telecommuting, at least at first. I LIKE offices, I learn a lot from coworkers, and rather like having sidebars and jokes. Once I get more experience, or if it's only a few days a week, I'd happily do some part-time telecommuting, though.

Where I live: Jacksonville, FL - currently at the beach, but with a steady job I'd move to the center of town.

Where I'm looking: Jacksonville FL, or big cities up north east; I'd literally kill someone to get to Seattle in the next few years, or for that matter next week.

When I can start: Effectively immediately, but I'd much rather finish this semester than not, though I certainly would not decline a good offer. I have months before the drop date anyway.

Requirements: A decent entry level wage if it's full time, something sensible part time, and preferably some kind of benefits.

Can be reached via: n00870235 at ospreys dot unf dot edu

Fuck them fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 6, 2013

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Who we are: A small to mid-size business consulting firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota going through growing pains (too many tickets, not enough techs). https://www.techgen.com (excuse the site, we're working on it).
What we want: We're looking to fill 3 positions: Remote Management Maintenance Lead (link), Tier-2 help desk, and Tier-1 help desk. We deal with a motherfuckton of tickets and phone calls and we need all hands on deck. We manage, as mentioned, small to mid-size businesses (5 to ~70 users), Windows SBS, in-house Exchange and hosted, Server standard here and there, and everything that desktop support comes with.
Compensation: based on experience. I make $14 after ~1 year in the company with zero previous experience, so if you've got a good tool belt and a decent resume, ask for what you want. Our boss is a very reasonable guy and pretty darned cool to boot.

Please email me with requests for more information (adam son of peter at gmail dot com); we need more bodies and what's more we need quality ones. He's willing to pay for quality and for people who will stick it out with us for the long term. More details if you ask; not sure what to include since I've never written a classified ad before!

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

scuz posted:

Who we are: A small to mid-size business consulting firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota going through growing pains (too many tickets, not enough techs). https://www.techgen.com (excuse the site, we're working on it).
What we want: We're looking to fill 3 positions: Remote Management Maintenance Lead (link), Tier-2 help desk, and Tier-1 help desk. We deal with a motherfuckton of tickets and phone calls and we need all hands on deck. We manage, as mentioned, small to mid-size businesses (5 to ~70 users), Windows SBS, in-house Exchange and hosted, Server standard here and there, and everything that desktop support comes with.
Compensation: based on experience. I make $14 after ~1 year in the company with zero previous experience, so if you've got a good tool belt and a decent resume, ask for what you want. Our boss is a very reasonable guy and pretty darned cool to boot.

Please email me with requests for more information (adam son of peter at gmail dot com); we need more bodies and what's more we need quality ones. He's willing to pay for quality and for people who will stick it out with us for the long term. More details if you ask; not sure what to include since I've never written a classified ad before!

That Craiglist posting is weirdly standoffish. It reads like a dating profile written by a really bitter person. It dedicates more time telling people why they should gently caress off than it dedicates to telling people what the job is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Yeah, that's a pretty hostile posting.

Ad that RMM position just looks like an entry level sysadmin job. Any idea what that pays?