Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
art is capital, ergo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmanatee
Jun 22, 2006

Positive outlook

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Frankly the author is dead and if I want to Experience an Art by seeing how it feels on my tongue thats nobodys business but mine and the fact that anyone would try and stop me is proof of the fundamentally bourgeois nature of the western art establishment.

ya this pretty much

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like to touch the dick and balls of jesus christ in el grecco's and other old bullshit god paintings at the getty and other art places in town

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

what if chinese people ground up and snorted paint chips off of "old masters" like they do w/ tiger balls and shark nard

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Personally I dont like to touch paintings dicks but i support you and anyone else who wants to strike a blow @ the laws of man by rubbing Christs little wienr.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

wanna roll around in that powdered soap

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Frankly the author is dead and if I want to Experience an Art by seeing how it feels on my tongue thats nobodys business but mine and the fact that anyone would try and stop me is proof of the fundamentally bourgeois nature of the western art establishment.

yeah thats definitely the reAson and not thAt someone would probably break whatever it is or ruin it or whatever

mrmanatee
Jun 22, 2006

Positive outlook

Rap Game Forum Mod posted:

yeah thats definitely the reAson and not thAt someone would probably break whatever it is or ruin it or whatever

like those are bad things

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

whoever made art to last to infinity anyway?

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

mrmanatee posted:

honestly its kind of nauseating to think that the typical "serious" way to present art denies 1/5 of your sensory input without regard to artistic intent

mrmanatee posted:

i just think its sad that the default is "dont you dare touch this priceless work you philistine" and not "interact with this cool object," it encourages a really boring passive worldview and puts art on a pedestal that i dont think it has any right to

these are really stupid opinions that i do not believe you are actually entitled to hold

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
it seriously sounds liek something jeremy would say on peep show trying to get a hand job off a MFA / curator's assistant

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

JehovahsWetness posted:

it seriously sounds liek something jeremy would say on peep show trying to get a hand job off a MFA / curator's assistant

sounds like a plan

TB-303 Player
Dec 3, 2008

BOOTS and PANTS and
BOOTS and PANTS and
i bonked my head on a duchamp at MoMA but i think that was the point

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i attempted to "rape" the "rape of syrinx" by getting my fat sweaty paws all over it but the wilhelmshohe palce in kassel is CRAWLING with docents and german old ppl are scarier than other old people [might be nazis? u seen girl w/ dragon tat yet? bad news]

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i saw a kid get loving reamed for touching something at the guggenheim once on a school trip

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
the guard guys at the sistene chapel are cool when we were there they just stood there menacingly intoning the word 'quiet' and the phrase 'no pictures' alternating over and over possibly forever????

mrmanatee
Jun 22, 2006

Positive outlook
its pretty likely that those opinions are just manifestations of my compulsion to run around touchin pee pees

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

touch deez nuts

but not paintings you entitled dummy

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

just recycle art into art morons

Jean Tinguely sculpture

Stolen part of Jean Tinguely sculpture

http://0100101110101101.org/home/stolenpieces/index.html

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
remidns me of a cool article about reappropriating art + moral rights/copyright law

http://artasiapacific.com/Magazine/78/DevastatingHistory

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

contemplative and weary Christ is contemplative and weary

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

JehovahsWetness posted:

lol

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
art gets even better when it is destroyed (see piss christ and that other christ, ape christ)

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
and the virgin mary with the poop balls

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
gape christ

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

bang! (x5)

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
all my shitposts are designed to be touched for the true artistic intent

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

or instead of that dont do something thats been gauche since like what the 60s at the latest

Solidus
Nov 1, 2005

ε===(っ≧ω≦)っ♡

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

also make mashups

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Notice how the mona lisa became a much nbetter and more important art when a frenchman said her butt was good. Maybe if I press my sweaty hand into this installation till a big greasy hand print becomes an indelable part of the work it will also become a better statement. maybe that bi sected cow was just waiting for someone to fog up its display case and draw a weiner where the cows wiener would be. maybe art is alive and real and by interfacing with it we improve both ourselves and the art, much like the heckler at a music show or teens throwing popcorn at the theater.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Notice how the mona lisa became a much nbetter and more important art when a frenchman said her butt was good. Maybe if I press my sweaty hand into this installation till a big greasy hand print becomes an indelable part of the work it will also become a better statement. maybe that bi sected cow was just waiting for someone to fog up its display case and draw a weiner where the cows wiener would be. maybe art is alive and real and by interfacing with it we improve both ourselves and the art, much like the heckler at a music show or teens throwing popcorn at the theater.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

if anyone actually gave a poo poo about protecting the art for arts sake and not protecting it because its worth like a bajillion dollars in admission and possibly sale also status value then i could see giving a poo poo about a fingerprint on a art

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

GAY RETARD posted:

if anyone actually gave a poo poo about protecting the art for arts sake and not protecting it because its worth like a bajillion dollars in admission and possibly sale also status value then i could see giving a poo poo about a fingerprint on a art
u have stumbled upon ancient wisdom... do not answer your phone or your door as the cleansers will be upon you. take your secret wisdom and spread it through the underground!!! before its too late!!!!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

then how am i supposed to re-up?

chopper city
May 30, 2009

you in the choppa zone
where choppas is a must

GAY RETARD posted:

the truth stares u in the eyes, cold and dead, until ur soul cant take it anymore and explodes

k records gf.
Jun 14, 2012

thrash night
thrash night
thrash night
thrash night
thrash night
._.
if i call myself art will people want to touch me

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy