Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
There's a promo for the upcoming batsugame out on the tube, a big thing gets spoiled in the promo so I recommend people just sit and wait until 6.30 PM Japan time Monday when the whole thing begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

MrLonghair posted:

There's a promo for the upcoming batsugame out on the tube, a big thing gets spoiled in the promo so I recommend people just sit and wait until 6.30 PM Japan time Monday when the whole thing begins.

Does anyone know of a site that will be streaming it live? Or should I just wait for some group to sub it (hopefully Shibatabread, but he hasn't updated in a while)?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

FireCar posted:

Does anyone know of a site that will be streaming it live? Or should I just wait for some group to sub it (hopefully Shibatabread, but he hasn't updated in a while)?

I'm hoping Shibatabread has been taking it easy and just want to prepare for the marathon that is the new Batsu game. I think we'll see a translation of it by the end of the month anyway, isn't the batsu game the most popular Downtown skit that's subbed in the West?

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

Ineffiable posted:

I'm hoping Shibatabread has been taking it easy and just want to prepare for the marathon that is the new Batsu game. I think we'll see a translation of it by the end of the month anyway, isn't the batsu game the most popular Downtown skit that's subbed in the West?

I'd say either the batsu game, Absolutely Tasty, or Silent Library.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Ineffiable posted:

- Shibatabread will probably never sub another batsu again. He subbed 4 of them right in a row(like a 2 year span because he went back and finished/polished Police and Hospital) along with a ton of other GnT stuff and I think Spy broke him. The first 3, I believe, he subbed entirely on his own and timed a large portion of them(with help from his wife) and he had more of a team for Spy but I think he got burned out finally and he more or less said he's never going to sub Gaki stuff again. He's subbed stuff like Suberanai Hanashi which features people you might see on Gaki or Downtown-related shows but he's done. Actually, he subbed one Absolutely Tasty episode a year ago but still, everything else hasn't featured the full GnT cast.

- Zurui and his team subbed Airport and I would think he's going to do it again. He had some issues at the end with his dad having health issues which caused the sub to take about 4-5 months to come out if not a bit longer but I think he'll have it out in a more reasonable ~3 months like Shibata did for Spy(I think it took Shibata like 6 months to do Hotel when he did it by himself) unless something comes up again.

- Do not in any way expect it to be subbed in a month. It's 6-7 hours long and besides the whole translating part, timing subs is a chore and can take a crazy amount of time when you have to worry about keeping track of potentially 5-10 people talking at once and making sure the relevant subs appear on the screen when they need to, like when 3-4 people are talking at once.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Do they plan to move away from using avi and xvid and embrace x264 so the videos aren't horribly blocky? Maybe offer torrents so it doesn't take a week to download?

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
I'm guessing the codec is from the raws. I'd appreciate a torrent though.

So anyone know where this might be streamed?

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

If this counts as :files: let me know.

This guy is streaming the 2013 batsu game.

http://www.justin.tv/kazanology

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
You know, I understand Japanese commercials (CM) but

Is that how you're meant to use it? Sure it's a soft-spoken foreign model in that CM but it made for such good photoshop material that I capped it the moment I saw it between a couple of early batsugame segments, hours ago.

Also;

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Hopped on during the wig trade right before time traveling so I think it's mostly over but this has been really funny so far even given my meager understanding of Japanese.

That photo of Hamada wrecked me.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
It's Takeuchi Yuko!

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Wait, what? What was she doing? Why is it a spoiler?!

ruttivendolo
Oct 31, 2010

by elpintogrande

futurememory posted:

:siren: Some Denpa Shonen subbed! :siren:

I requested this a couple of months back, but this was the only piece we could find of Nasubi's trials. If anyone can find the rest of the episodes, unsubbed, we could have a thing going here!

Living in a postmodernist era made me lost all my suspension of disbelief (e.g. everything is staged) but I'll be damned if this isn't some quality stuff.

Go Nasubi!

ruttivendolo fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 31, 2012

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

ruttivendolo posted:

Living in a postmodernist era made me lost all my suspension of disbelief (e.g. everything is staged) but I'll be damned if this isn't some quality stuff.

Go Nasubi!

Episodes 1 and 2 are on Vimeo - anyone have more?
https://vimeo.com/user2166212/videos

Edit: \/\/ I've been after *something* for years but it seems to be the hardest thing to find ever. It's getting to the point where I too would pay for something legit.

Biggus Dickus fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 4, 2013

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I would pay good money for a legal way to own subbed Nasubi DVDs or BRs. The first two episodes.. screw it, are there raws somewhere (and legal)? :(

e: Passionate Teacher batsugame HD (1440x1080 highest) raws are out (you should be registered at http://gaki-no-tsukai.com/ or you're missing out) and my god the brutality delivered on Endou. If you watched the linked streamer you missed out on Egashira's second appearance, which there are no words for.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 2, 2013

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Biggus Dickus posted:

Episodes 1 and 2 are on Vimeo - anyone have more?
https://vimeo.com/user2166212/videos

Thanks for sharing. Time to enjoy. Still can't believe this show really happened, seems so cruel.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So I downloaded a raw of this year's No-Laughing Special:

I just watched a group of middle-aged men composing extemporaneous haiku about their lunch in a language I barely understand, and I am laughing so hard it hurts.

I cannot wait for subtitles.

taopriest
Oct 25, 2011

"Games Are Like Baths, Without Them, We Would Get Sick" Igarashi Koji
No Laughing: Enthusiastic Teachers (2012-2013) Short Scene
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xweq6j_sp-24h_lifestyle#.UObgzXdLN8E

I love these simple situations at most. How you can not laugh at these kinda situations? lol

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Watching through the Nasubi episodes are really interesting but also quite eerie. You can see how thin he is and his voice is a little raspy at times. Also, when he gets food, his eyes roll back and give off an odd look. I am really shocked they got away with this show.

Also, I wonder what the interactions with staff were like. They must've stopped by a few times to do things like replace the microphone's batteries. I am also disturbed that he never just walked out that door and ran away, begging for food due to how hungry he looks.

I find explaining Gaki no Tsukai to friends difficult enough. "They are all trapped in a room for 24 hours and get beaten if they laugh." Now explaining Nasubi. "They trap a guy in a room who must live off mailing letters to win prizes and nearly starves."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

There is a sub team. Different from last year, should still be good though. They're still looking for a 3rd translator(trying to do 3 small teams, I think) but have 2 already.

http://gntteam.blogspot.com/ is their site so bookmark it. They're shooting for an 8-12 week schedule.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just wanted to pop in and say I think the new remake of GTO is terrible.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Koirhor posted:

Just wanted to pop in and say I think the new remake of GTO is terrible.

I almost downloaded that - why so?

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Here's the Enthusiastic Teachers raws: http://crazyontv.com/2012-2013-batsu-gameenthusiastic-teachers/

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Subs are starting to roll out

http://crazyontv.com/enthusiastic-teachers-part-1/

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
It was outright dirty the way they let Yamasaki get on the bus first and try to make only him get punished by laughing

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

JerseyMonkey posted:

Watching through the Nasubi episodes are really interesting but also quite eerie. You can see how thin he is and his voice is a little raspy at times. Also, when he gets food, his eyes roll back and give off an odd look. I am really shocked they got away with this show.

Also, I wonder what the interactions with staff were like. They must've stopped by a few times to do things like replace the microphone's batteries. I am also disturbed that he never just walked out that door and ran away, begging for food due to how hungry he looks.

I'm assuming he could leave if he really wanted to. They must be giving him some food since he'd presumably have to wait at least a few weeks until the first package came. If he got really desperate he could just call every takeout place in Tokyo and steal from the delivery guy. There must have been a lot of communication that we don't see. I'm assuming he had an apartment, a job, family etc and didn't just disappear until the show aired.

The best part really is watching him re purpose stuff to get by. I was hoping to see him take apart the bicycle to make cooking tools or something.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm assuming he could leave if he really wanted to. They must be giving him some food since he'd presumably have to wait at least a few weeks until the first package came. If he got really desperate he could just call every takeout place in Tokyo and steal from the delivery guy. There must have been a lot of communication that we don't see. I'm assuming he had an apartment, a job, family etc and didn't just disappear until the show aired.

The best part really is watching him re purpose stuff to get by. I was hoping to see him take apart the bicycle to make cooking tools or something.

More about it here...

http://karmarogue.com/2008/01/17/nasubi-a-remarkable-true-story/

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

KittenofDoom posted:

It was outright dirty the way they let Yamasaki get on the bus first and try to make only him get punished by laughing

Yamasaki is probably out and out funnier than everyone except Matsumoto and even then it's close. He's crazy talented as a solo comedian.

e: didn't even notice until now but they snagged 2 more translators bringing them up to 4 plus 3 timers. I'm not really familiar with the translators but the timers are quality so that's always nice.

Zari, any chance you could watch a bit of the first subbed video and let us know if these guys are on their game?

e2: ugh, just as I say that about the timers I watch this and it's awful from that perspective. Maybe it was the 3rd guy because that's just not the work I've ever seen from Slayeer or Shadi.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 9, 2013

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Dang if that is true then that makes it a bit harder to watch. Poor guy. I'm guessing that he signed a bunch of legal papers before the challenge, or are people not as sue happy in other countries as they are in America, because the controversy over something like that happening here would be huge.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Harminoff posted:

Dang if that is true then that makes it a bit harder to watch. Poor guy. I'm guessing that he signed a bunch of legal papers before the challenge, or are people not as sue happy in other countries as they are in America, because the controversy over something like that happening here would be huge.

He won a lottery for a "show business related job" so he probably signed some vague contract before he found out what it is he had to do. But Japan is certainly not sue-happy. Also, one: Japan isn't exactly known for human rights, and two: Japanese comedians are willing to subject themselves to lots of pain for the sake of success in the industry (as witnessed in many of the things posted here!) The sad thing about Nasubi though is this stunt didn't raise him to stardom. Now he's more of a local small-time actor.

Crotch Bat posted:

Zari, any chance you could watch a bit of the first subbed video and let us know if these guys are on their game?

e2: ugh, just as I say that about the timers I watch this and it's awful from that perspective.

The translation seems fine. It's the timing and format that needs work, like you mentioned.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 9, 2013

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

How could he not know he was on tv? What else could he think he stumbles into? He was wearing a microphone.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Is there a good way to get last year's Batsu game (Airport)? Every link at the Gaki fanpage is to dead poo poo upload pages and the torrents are dead.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Was there any more Nasubi? I've watched 40 minutes of this poor man in pain and need to see how he ended up.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Why is Dragonforce playing in the background of the intro?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

Was there any more Nasubi? I've watched 40 minutes of this poor man in pain and need to see how he ended up.

Those are based on 2 videos that were put out as "best of" moments from the show. As far as I know, they are the only vids out there at all. At one point Hulu was showing Denpa Shonen with subtitles, but they pulled it unfortunately. I was hoping they would have kept it on and then eventually done the entire Nasubi saga.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Dr_Amazing posted:

How could he not know he was on tv? What else could he think he stumbles into? He was wearing a microphone.

They told him they were filming it in order to put together all the best bits at the end, when in reality he was being shown all the time as it was happening.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Is there a good way to get last year's Batsu game (Airport)? Every link at the Gaki fanpage is to dead poo poo upload pages and the torrents are dead.

You can use something like keepvid.com to download all the streaming files from CrazyOnTv.com, that's probably the fastest. I have all the original (hard subbed) files, but I don't know the best way to upload them.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

It's up on Dailymotion. I think you can skip the commercials every five minutes if you hit the space bar *right* as it pauses to load the commercial.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

KittenofDoom posted:

It's up on Dailymotion. I think you can skip the commercials every five minutes if you hit the space bar *right* as it pauses to load the commercial.

Adblock cuts them right out, it's nearly essential for viewing any video on dailymotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Those are based on 2 videos that were put out as "best of" moments from the show. As far as I know, they are the only vids out there at all. At one point Hulu was showing Denpa Shonen with subtitles, but they pulled it unfortunately. I was hoping they would have kept it on and then eventually done the entire Nasubi saga.

My heart broke when I read that [spoiler]they forgot to bring his rice when they moved him to another apartment[/spoiler[.