Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Look at that big E someone brought in :stare: :lol:
E: No NXT Universe why are you "whating" :negative:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

achillesforever6 posted:

E: No NXT Universe why are you "whating" :negative:

It was one guy, nobody joined in. Dude must be new, he doesn't yet know the ways of the NXT Arena.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

December 20, 2012

Best of Raw episode. For those who don't think 30 minutes of Raw recaps on superstars is enough, here are 45 minutes worth!

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

December 20, 2012

Best of Raw episode. For those who don't think 30 minutes of Raw recaps on superstars is enough, here are 45 minutes worth!

Why does it feel like Superstars would be better off as recap show like they used to have back in the days?

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Why does it feel like Superstars would be better off as recap show like they used to have back in the days?

Why does it need to exist at all?

I just don't get it. It's just airing a dark match at some taped event. At least they're generally well worked, but the non-stop recaps on a show that literally no one watches who hasn't seen RAW or Smackdown or Main Event, or Slam, or NXT, so why do we need so much recap on a show which is basically "decent dark match On Demand"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It exist because they have a contract to air it in overseas markets even though the US channel canceled it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

December 15, 2012

"Best-of" show, apparently

Miz vs. Justin Gabriel
Rey Mysterio segment
Rey vs. McGillicutty

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

KungFu Grip posted:

It exist because they have a contract to air it in overseas markets even though the US channel canceled it.

Even more so, in some overseas markets it's the only content they show.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

December 26, 2012

20-man battle royal for US title shot
Raw Rebound
TTTT recap
3MB vs. Kidd & Gabriel

Man I was pulling for Regal so hard.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

December 26, 2012

20-man battle royal for US title shot
Raw Rebound
TTTT recap
3MB vs. Kidd & Gabriel

Man I was pulling for Regal so hard.

I laughed really hard at Antonio's "I'd have to lose 60 IQ points to be considered 'smart.'" line and even harder at the fact that Miz didn't understand it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Perry Normal posted:

I laughed really hard at Antonio's "I'd have to lose 60 IQ points to be considered 'smart.'" line and even harder at the fact that Miz didn't understand it.

Yeah, Antonio's not the best on commentary but it was nice of him to knock the Miz down a couple pegs. Miz/Cole is probably my least favourite commentary team these days. The tag match was a lot of fun, too - as much as I'd like to see Tyson Kidd succeed in WWE, I'd really love to see what he could do in a PWG/ROH run.

December 26, 2012 Best-of show

Jinder vs. Seth Rollins for the NXT title
Richie Steamboat and Bray Wyatt promos
Bray Wyatt vs. Aiden English
Kassius Ohno segment/promos
Big E segment/Big E vs. Camacho
CM Punk, John Cena, Corey Graves, etc. segments
Kane vs. Cody Rhodes (new?)
Shield promo (new)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Great, I watched that best of when I haven't seen NXT at all before. Now I NEED to see more Bray Wyatt. He nails cajin Charles Manson loving perfectly. What other matches/promos/what have you should I watch?

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Great, I watched that best of when I haven't seen NXT at all before. Now I NEED to see more Bray Wyatt. He nails cajin Charles Manson loving perfectly. What other matches/promos/what have you should I watch?

I was just coming to post almost exactly this. That's a creepy gimmick for sure.

Also if they're bringing Big E Langston over to Raw/Smackdown I hope they don't have him do that ridiculous five count thing all the time.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Shut up. 5 count is amazing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Anything Kassius Ohno and Trent have been involved in, any Kassius and Richie Steamboat matches have been great as well.

Liar Lyre posted:

Shut up. 5 count is amazing.

This.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

njsykora posted:

Anything Kassius Ohno and Trent have been involved in, any Kassius and Richie Steamboat matches have been great as well.

This is good but I meant Bray Wyatt stuff.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This is good but I meant Bray Wyatt stuff.

Just do a YouTube search for Bray Wyatt and watch everything that comes up.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

January 2, 2013

Khali vs. Cesaro
Wade vs. multiple opponents in a GAUNTLET MATCH

Sweet gently caress the Miz is terrible. "Your title reign is going to end prematurely, like your baldness" and "you really did just come off a boat didn't you?" were this week's lowlights. I hope Cesaro uppercuts his larynx off.

Forgot a couple of last week's shows as I was working this weekend:

December 27, 2012

Mostly a clip show, but you might catch a Kane/Darren Young match if you watch carefully

December 29, 2012

Another "best-of" show, apparently

DB vs. Tyson Kidd (okay, this was a fun match
DB segment
Cena segment
Cena vs. Slater

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 3, 2013

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

January 2, 2013

Surprise opening!
Bo Dallas vs. Epico
Sasha Banks vs. Tamina
Kassius & Kruger vs. Kidd & Gabriel
Seth Rollins vs. Corey Graves

Good episode this week - I like where things are going (with the exception of call-up confusion).

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I can't help but laugh whenever I hear Dusty talk. His voice is too much to handle.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

That ending ruled, the crowd really helped it out. Also interested in McGuillicutty face turn?

Also I kind of wished we could have made a thing in the OP describing a lot of the main guys/gals in NXT. I think if I have the time, I'll post some dossiers on a lot of the NXT with their pros and cons along with their potential in the WWE.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't really wanna download the ep, but it's not up on Hulu+ yet either. What the gently caress WWE? I'm trying to enjoy your product legitimately and actually have the means to but you won't let me see it. :argh:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

paint dry posted:

I was just coming to post almost exactly this. That's a creepy gimmick for sure.

Also if they're bringing Big E Langston over to Raw/Smackdown I hope they don't have him do that ridiculous five count thing all the time.

The five count thing has precedence as that was a King Kong Bundy gimmick.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

coconono posted:

The five count thing has precedence as that was a King Kong Bundy gimmick.
You know, I have a feeling he's gonna end up in a Last Man Standing with Cena at some point.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Perigryn posted:

You know, I have a feeling he's gonna end up in a Last Man Standing with Cena at some point.

And he'll demand a 15 count, and it will be glorious.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
The ending for NXT was hot as gently caress but at the same time I'm wishing it allowed Rollins vs. Graves to go on longer and not end in a DQ since they only got about 4 or 5 minutes and what they had was pretty good.

Kidd/Gabriel vs. Ohno/Kruger was an awesome TV match.

Sasha Banks has looked good in both of her squashes showing a lot of fire when she does her little brief comeback flurries and the lucha armdrag and cazadora are both pretty cool and should help make her stand out from the other Divas for reasons other than looks or personality.

Skipped the opening match because :geno: Bo Dallas :geno: .

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

OK watched NXT now.

Bo's masochist gimmick is not working with the ALL AMERICAN FLAG tron.
Sasha Banks is drat good, but she's not Paige so the NXT crowd don't care.
Cruel and Unusual Punishment is a team I really need to see more of.
I love everything about Corey Graves, and they managed to successfully turn Seth Rollins with the NXT crowd by putting him against the most over motherfucker on the roster next week. Someone needs to be taking notes.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

njsykora posted:

OK watched NXT now.

I love everything about Corey Graves, and they managed to successfully turn Seth Rollins with the NXT crowd by putting him against the most over motherfucker on the roster next week. Someone needs to be taking notes.

They didnt take many notes because Big E's now on WWE TV as a heel so...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

They didnt take many notes because Big E's now on WWE TV as a heel so...

He debuted on NXT as a heel too. Give it time.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

He debuted on NXT as a heel too. Give it time.
Plus we can chalk up the disparity due to "Bizarro Land".

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

njsykora posted:

OK watched NXT now.

Man it's amazing how much difference there is between Bo and Bray Wyatt in terms of talent.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Man it's amazing how much difference there is between Bo and Bray Wyatt in terms of talent.

I haven't seen much of either (or much of NXT at all) so which of the two do you think is better? To me Bo looks a little young. I saw his match with Big Show a few weeks ago and it creeped me out a little bit.

Edit: he's 22? Dang. Whatever. I'm 26 but I look about 12.

paint dry fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 4, 2013

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I like that Bray is doing a good version of the Waylon Mercy gimmick. That's one of those gimmicks that had a ton of potential, except the Spivey couldn't work worth poo poo at that point. The old school vignettes would be a great way to introduce Wyatt to WWE tv.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bray is MILES ahead of Bo. I mean, Bo might be good in the future, but he's green as all hell right now.

Bray on the other hand is one of the best mic-workers I've seen in YEARS. Plus he's got that Vader-esque speed, where your brain tells you a guy that big shouldn't be that agile.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Yeah, I really like Bray's mic skills. I'm just not sure his gimmick quite fits into PG-era WWE. I guess if they didn't think it would they wouldn't have him doing it on NXT though.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

Bray is MILES ahead of Bo. I mean, Bo might be good in the future, but he's green as all hell right now.

Bray on the other hand is one of the best mic-workers I've seen in YEARS. Plus he's got that Vader-esque speed, where your brain tells you a guy that big shouldn't be that agile.
Looks like Cody being his Pro worked wonders for him :allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Cromulent posted:

I like that Bray is doing a good version of the Waylon Mercy gimmick. That's one of those gimmicks that had a ton of potential, except the Spivey couldn't work worth poo poo at that point. The old school vignettes would be a great way to introduce Wyatt to WWE tv.
Honestly they should just replay his NXT vignettes on a Smackdown or Raw because those were perfect. The only thing I'm worried about are the rear end in a top hat fans who will chant "Husky" at him during his matches or What him during his promos.

Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

I said I didn't like this guy on another IWC board and they went apeshit on me.

What are your thoughts /wooo/?

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly they should just replay his NXT vignettes on a Smackdown or Raw because those were perfect. The only thing I'm worried about are the rear end in a top hat fans who will chant "Husky" at him during his matches or What him during his promos.

Bray's the perfect gimmick to turn that back on the fans, though.

He can simply rant about how they want to bring him down, they want to make him humble, blah blah blah.

The thing with Tensai getting "Albert" chants and Ryback getting "Goldberg" chants is neither of them is competent enough on the microphone to pick one up and scold the fans. Bray could take care of "Husky" chants on day 1.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Having watched Bo in FCW and now NXT I think he's ok, but he hasn't improved at all in the time he's been there. Bray is worlds ahead of where he was and has a lot more tools, but for whatever reason I hear they are still really high on Bo because of his "look".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Because apparently Homo Rudolfensis is a good look.

• Locked thread