Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

DontMockMySmock posted:

He's being attacked by other Seraph models, so they have all the same fighting programming that he does, and they outnumber him.

I think robot specifically mentioned that he got some extra fighting juice out of being inside the original Seraph model and having it take command for a bit. His current body may not be up to the standard of the other S models, and maybe he just isn't that good unless he has a sword in his hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
The mystery Spider-man-Avatar buyer has evolved. The avatars are coming from inside the subforum.

And thank you, mystery man. :3:

Eldoop
Jul 29, 2012

Cheeky? Us?
Why, I never!
I've been fairy'd :3: I'll miss my HelloWinter av, but Zimmy and Gamma are sufficiently cheeky.

And we can tell what size witnessbot is now! Hooray!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The avatar fairy is on a serious rampage. It was really weird to post in another thread, and not recognize my own post because I had a different avatar. Thank you, avatar fairy, for being truer to my username than my old av was.

Really hoping we get to see some grade-A technowizardry from Kat this chapter; ever since the page of Kat in Zimmyvision, the whole deification of Kat by the robots has been one of the most interesting parts of the comic to me.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

bathroomrage posted:

I'm just hoping that Kat and Annie get there in time to save his CPU if his body gets dismantled again. :ohdear:

His CPU should be fine, last time this happened they kept it for studying. I figure it's worth studying even more now, just to find out what broke and made him come up with a personal religion.

edit: goddamn this is an amazing avatar, thanks whoever.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Thank you kind fairy for the new GC av and keeping the dickshot text so it can continue to confuse people.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Really hoping we get to see some grade-A technowizardry from Kat this chapter; ever since the page of Kat in Zimmyvision, the whole deification of Kat by the robots has been one of the most interesting parts of the comic to me.

I'm very excited about the whole Kat thing and where it's going to go. The division between her and Annie seems inevitable with Kat's skills being so firmly on the court side of things and Annie's sympathies clearly leaning toward the wood.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Parts Kit posted:

Thank you kind fairy for the new GC av and keeping the dickshot text so it can continue to confuse people.

Yeah, they tied in my text with my previous avatar (a white rabbit).

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

I'm very excited about the whole Kat thing and where it's going to go. The division between her and Annie seems inevitable with Kat's skills being so firmly on the court side of things and Annie's sympathies clearly leaning toward the wood.

Well, Kat's skills might be technologiy-related, but she only recently came down from a bout of hatred toward the court that was arguably stronger then even Annie's, if kept in check by her higher respect for rules, while Annie post forest holidays just doesn't give a gently caress. Regarding their futur, I don't think they'll end up as enemies. Radicaly different persons with different outlooks and skills, yes, but ultimately on the same board. Probably a neutral side, dedicated to fight the fuckery of both the Court and the Forest.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

If that's going to be the new rule, I guess I'm going to bow out of the thread.

Final thought: I just hope that whoever has all this disposable income is taking the time to kick some over to Tom Siddell. Let's not forget the reason we have the comic to enjoy in the first place!

Well maybe you could enjoy the new avatar, and take the 5 dollars that would go to changing it and donate that instead. There are some neat wallpapers to get.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Iceclaw posted:

Well, Kat's skills might be technologiy-related, but she only recently came down from a bout of hatred toward the court that was arguably stronger then even Annie's, if kept in check by her higher respect for rules, while Annie post forest holidays just doesn't give a gently caress. Regarding their futur, I don't think they'll end up as enemies. Radicaly different persons with different outlooks and skills, yes, but ultimately on the same board. Probably a neutral side, dedicated to fight the fuckery of both the Court and the Forest.

Yeah, I don't think Kat is thrilled with the court either but there's no denying that her skills and the vision of her Zimmy has would make her pretty loathsome to most of the creatures in the wood. If Annie's medium she's supposed to be neutral and I suppose her love for Kat balances how drawn she is to the wood.

Eldoop
Jul 29, 2012

Cheeky? Us?
Why, I never!

Iceclaw posted:

This seems pretty likely. I think someone in this thread was saying recently that they felt like lot of the prominent characters are not very invested in the court-forest divide, and that they'll probably work to close it, which seems right to me.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I think I've posted in here maybe one or twice, and still got the best avatar :allears:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Anyway, it's cool seeing Kat and Annie working together to save Robot and all, but now I'm irrationally worried about Annie being late for whatever she was talking about on this page. :ohdear:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So I guess the robots are compatible with ipads, then. Maybe the S-models are on Windows?

Honestly, I assume it's just the Robot Police Annie broke him out of that's come to take him again, hopefully requiring Kat to bust him out again.

e: RIP Black Mage Avatar, we hardly knew ye. Thanks Avatar Fairy!

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
...well, I suppose that explains why so many people have Gunnerkrigg Court avatars. My pet theory: it's Tom, doing low-cost advertising.

Are all the new ones avatars that have been posted here before?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I like that the lil' robot is so proud to help Kat.

Poor Shadow 2, though. :(

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Axiem posted:

...well, I suppose that explains why so many people have Gunnerkrigg Court avatars. My pet theory: it's Tom, doing low-cost advertising.

I don't know that $10/account counts as "low-cost".

Rincewind posted:

Anyway, it's cool seeing Kat and Annie working together to save Robot and all, but now I'm irrationally worried about Annie being late for whatever she was talking about on this page. :ohdear:

Oh, there's pretty much no way that she won't be. The only question is, by minutes, by hours... or by days? :getin:

Rasamune fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 5, 2013

AntimatterSpork
Apr 23, 2008

Modéré, je vous prie.

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

His CPU should be fine, last time this happened they kept it for studying. I figure it's worth studying even more now, just to find out what broke and made him come up with a personal religion.

that assumes that this group of robots is the same as the ones who had him before, and that they haven't changed their policy about him.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Axiem posted:

My pet theory: it's Tom, doing low-cost advertising.

I guarantee you, it's not Tom.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Axiem posted:

If that were the case, I think it's reached saturation by this point.

T-man posted:

Honestly, I assume it's just the Robot Police Annie broke him out of that's come to take him again, hopefully requiring Kat to bust him out again.

I don't think so. Those were all "modern" models--the ones redesigned and simplified over time, whereas I don't believe we've seen copies of the original Seraph models in action before.

But during the chapter where Annie broke him out, Reynard speculated that the large number of detained CPUs indicated dissension in the robots' ranks. I think we might finally be seeing this schism in action.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

It's going to turn out that they just wanted robot to clean up his room already.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

The avatar fairy is on a serious rampage. It was really weird to post in another thread, and not recognize my own post because I had a different avatar. Thank you, avatar fairy, for being truer to my username than my old av was.

Jones party hat bros! :respek:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

...And there goes the classic "oh hey, 97 new posts! I wonder..." -reaction. I do find this whole avatar fairy shenanigan rather heartwarming.

My biggest fear in regards of Robot right now is if the other 'bots somehow 'change' him. Being broken down isn't really a problem, but imagine if they somehow altered his behaviour! That'd be pretty horrendous, especially for our dear Shadow.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
Oh hey, an Avatar. Count me in as another guy who barely posts (at all). Thanks Avatar fairy.

Haha loving that little robot, he's Futuramas Fatbot as a kid.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Nipponophile posted:

If that's going to be the new rule, I guess I'm going to bow out of the thread.
It could be worse! It could be one of the pony avatars that keep kept popping up in TFR.

vvvvv Oh, did it end? 'Scuse me.

Urban Space Cowboy fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 5, 2013

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

It could be worse! It could be one of the pony avatars that keep popping up in TFR.

That's still going on? I thought that ended after some drama and the guy buying most of them at that point got banned.

If this is her medium appointment ceremony or whatever, it might look bad if Annie isn't there.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
One thing that no one seems to have mentioned is how witnessbot seems to wildly change positions in relation to the other robots during his recording. There's at least two entirely different positions, with no real indication how he moved between them. Not sure if I'm going anywhere with this, or if it even means anything.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Kantesu posted:

One thing that no one seems to have mentioned is how witnessbot seems to wildly change positions in relation to the other robots during his recording. There's at least two entirely different positions, with no real indication how he moved between them. Not sure if I'm going anywhere with this, or if it even means anything.

Nah in the fourth panel he's behind them, looking in the opposite direction of the 'camera' as this one.

Then in the next page (1131)/ next panel Robot and the other 'bots have jumped down to a lower building, and fat bot's moved up to the ledge where Shadow and Robot used to be sitting as is now looking down.

It just sort of skipped the part where Robot jumped down with Shadow and then threw him (because fatbot couldn't see that?)

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Kantesu posted:

Ghost robot.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Pwnstar posted:

Ghost robot.

Mortbot?

Mortborg?

Botmort?

Hmm...

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Huh, just noticed that Kat took off one of her gloves to use the touchscreen. Details man...

edit: so jittery...

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 5, 2013

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

Nah in the fourth panel he's behind them, looking in the opposite direction of the 'camera' as this one.

Then in the next page (1131)/ next panel Robot and the other 'bots have jumped down to a lower building, and fat bot's moved up to the ledge where Shadow and Robot used to be sitting as is now looking down.

It just sort of skipped the part where Robot jumped down with Shadow and then threw him (because fatbot couldn't see that?)

You're right, thanks. Forgot the whole sequence of events.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Yeah I got a new av despite only posting in this thread one time and also in that one time I referenced "Anya" when I meant Kat. Ah well, I don't think I had another one on there and I think its quite swell so thank you :)

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Mazerunner posted:

Huh, just noticed that Kat took off one of her gloves to use the touchscreen. Details man...

I liked that a lot.

Of course if the Court was not so reluctant to adopt etherial "technology" they could have moved beyond the limitations of capacitive touch panels. Clearly the Court's prejudices are holding them back.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Mazerunner posted:

edit: so jittery...

Man, I never noticed that. GC is full of so many little details, though; it's just amazing.

Related; did anyone see witnessbot in any of the strips while Robot was being captured? I'd look myself, but my internet is being a bit finicky at the moment. It just seems like the sort of detail you'd expect to be there, though.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Quinton posted:

I liked that a lot.

Of course if the Court was not so reluctant to adopt etherial "technology" they could have moved beyond the limitations of capacitive touch panels. Clearly the Court's prejudices are holding them back.

Pff, that totally broke my immersion. Kat would have constructed a robotic tapping device which would provide her with an interface to her tablet.

LooseLeafTea
Oct 17, 2012

Well, what do you say?

The Sin of Onan posted:

Related; did anyone see witnessbot in any of the strips while Robot was being captured? I'd look myself, but my internet is being a bit finicky at the moment. It just seems like the sort of detail you'd expect to be there, though.

Just went back and perused it - no sign of witnessbot, he must have been just out of frame in the bit where he was seeing the seraph 'bots from behind

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
No clue how long I've had this, but thanks a ton Avatar Fairy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

The Sin of Onan posted:

I think the robot on the left in panels two and three on this page could be him: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1131

Could also be another Seraph at an odd angle or with its wings tilted back out of the line of view, though.

EDIT: Eh, on second thought, it seems less likely. And when we see his POV on video it looks like he exits a door to the higher roof just as Robot is jumping down, and then looks down from the higher rooftop to the lower, which doesn't really match up with the action if he were standing at the edge on p1131.

Quinton fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jan 5, 2013