Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

abaddonis posted:

Only 33 stacks on the infinity?
Eh it's only Pete. Just grenade jump up top and you're safe from his nova.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Eh it's only Pete. Just grenade jump up top and you're safe from his nova.

I had no idea there was a grenade jump. Doesn't seem terribly useful though

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

ShadowedFlames posted:

Another set of SHIFT codes is up. Apparently expires on Jan 1. Apologies if I make a mistake, I can't C&P from Facebook via the phone and if there's a mistake I'll fix it when I get home in a few hours:

360: WT53J-RJBXZ-6Z636-56J3B-RJ39R
PS3: WTWTJ-ZRHHW-JWWK3-9TKJB-ZKK53
PC: W3CTT-96CHC-WFBB3-B3BBT-XS66W

For those that might have missed it.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

TALES OF MILD TO MODERATE INTEREST:

Ever wanted to beat a game with 87 BAZILLION guns but not use one? Good news everyone!

While I'm sure I'm not the first to try this, I was recently left with a 0 gear, level 40 siren due to the recent fleshstick patch. Through sheer bordem I fired her up in campaign the other night and got moving through the story. I dumped all my skill points into cataclysm, shield regen, and that health orb thing. After watching claptrap get his eye ripped out and shredding the first few bullymongs with phaselock I thought "hey, how far can I get with no guns?" Turns out you can beat the storyline on regular all the way through with just phaselock, melee, and some well placed grenades! Also, the phoenix thing as it made me walking death for most of the game. Really not much of a challenge since I was so over-leveled but was pretty fun starting in sawtooth when the bandits hit 33 or so. Worth a shot for the domination fun or maybe the challenge with another class (gunzerkers need not apply, sorry).

Most lol parts: Eradicating constructors with phaselock and being a running deathball

Most difficult parts: Getting all 3 varkids on fire for Mordecai since they died immediately standing next to me and FFYL since it was nearly impossible to get up via melee

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

abaddonis posted:

I had no idea there was a grenade jump. Doesn't seem terribly useful though
It's pretty useful against Pete to be fair. Just make sure you don't have a grenade mod equipped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg1Q5RChTn0

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Actually that just reminded me, does anyone have a level 50 infinity they could dupe/trade with me?

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Luminaflare posted:

Actually that just reminded me, does anyone have a level 50 infinity they could dupe/trade with me?

What platform?

VVVVVVVV Xbox? Can't help you with that; sorry.

Orb Crabmelt fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 31, 2012

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

GANDHITRON posted:

What platform?

I'm on xbox, though I can't get on till tomorrow.

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

Poala Bear posted:

Sure, I'll be on later tonight. Just shoot me a message later of any oranges you're looking for and if I got em I'll toss em your way!

Thanks again! This guy is a saint!

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Luminaflare posted:

I'm on xbox, though I can't get on till tomorrow.

Shoot me a friend request, Hushi907. Got a Corrosive and Electric Infinty.

mirthalac posted:

Thanks again! This guy is a saint!

:-) anytime!

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Poala Bear posted:

Shot you a msg as well.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
If anybody wants to help me level my lvl. 8 Gunzerker, that would be greatly appreciated.

360 Gamertag: Jub Jub V1

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I think it's a bit anticlimactic to enter Oasis and see that every single mob is at least level 15 while my own Axton is still locked at level 11. I wished to branch out with an Axton walkthrough, at least to avoid doing the whole meet Lilith/rescue Roland quest again (did it on my Siren run already and I don't want to wipe out these two areas again so soon).
My first orange was an infinigun pistol (found by Maya during the Doctor's mission), and it helped me mow down the Oasis mobs including their boss :getin:.

I've done every Sanctuary sub mission... is there any sub mission I can do to level up Axton before going back to Oasis? (I still haven't restarted or checked again the motel, which I with Maya instead).

Anyway, new SHiFT codes, posted today on Facebook.

Borderlands posted:

Let’s kick the New Year off right with SHiFT codes for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2!

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: K3CJT-FRWZK-KRBBT-BJJ33-CB6TH
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: C3CT3-TTBF9-RH6JF-WF3T3-XR3T9
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ53B-66ZH5-JWK5T-9TKB3-JHC39

These codes will be active through the end of January 6, 2013 – be sure to use them before then!

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Poala Bear posted:

:-) anytime!

Many many thanks for the loot vomit!

Space Odin
Dec 31, 2006

Ask me about my great raven...
I am playing on ps3 and I am looking for the Legendary class mods and the Infinity (lv50), if anyone is willing to dupe them for me. In trade, I can dupe any of the Terra mods or any Torgue legendary item. I also have a pretty strong selection of elemental weapons if you are interested in complementing your existing arsenal. Let me know if you are interested in a trade, or just feel like helping out.

Ooklimnoz
Jul 24, 2010
I am on Xbox and wanting to trade for an infinity or conference call (level 50 and preferably infinity, this poo poo is soul-suckingly hard to find).
I have a bunch of legendaries to trade: hunter mod, gunzerker mod, commando mod, volcano, logans gun, pitchfork (shock and fire), bee, whisky tango foxtrot, hornet, sham, homing fire bee, bouncing bonny..... yeah at this point I'm desperate. gamertag: Ad3m64

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Ooklimnoz posted:

I am on Xbox and wanting to trade for an infinity or conference call (level 50 and preferably infinity, this poo poo is soul-suckingly hard to find).
I have a bunch of legendaries to trade: hunter mod, gunzerker mod, commando mod, volcano, logans gun, pitchfork (shock and fire), bee, whisky tango foxtrot, hornet, sham, homing fire bee, bouncing bonny..... yeah at this point I'm desperate. gamertag: Ad3m64

Shoot me an invite (Hushi907) and I can dupe an electric and corrosive infinity as well as a fire and corrosive CC your way. Won't be on till later tonight (after 10pm pst)

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm on right now if anyone has heads/skins/items they'd like to dupe, or wants to team up with a 29 Siren.
Xbox360, gt: Flexible Ethics

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Hey guys, looking to do Torgue's campaign of carnage (I did the first few intro missions) and I would like to get some help finishing up Master Gee in the Scarlett DLC. Send me a message, gothmog1065.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Gothmog1065 posted:

Hey guys, looking to do Torgue's campaign of carnage (I did the first few intro missions) and I would like to get some help finishing up Master Gee in the Scarlett DLC. Send me a message, gothmog1065.
What level are you? I've got the season pass and I might or might not be able to help out depending on how leveled you are.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
TVHM is brutal. I'm 41 and just getting to tiny tina. Since the flesh stick trick is no more, are there any other useful options for getting a couple levels ahead? Or is it just grinding away?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Unless they fixed it too you could always just kill rakk's endlessly after The Warrior boss fight. If you're using the Mechro you can just let Deathtrap do his thing while you watch a movie or something (requires Upshot Robot). Leveling's going to be slow as hell though.

And yeah, TVHM sucks pretty bad. I've been stuck at Sawtooth Cauldron for a month now, just can't get past the onslaught of enemies that occurs after you try to use the elevator :negative: My gear is pretty horrible to be honest, but I'm not finding anything better and the gold chest rewards have been disappointing even at level 50.

So many Dahl SMGs :(

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I'm signing on right now, 30 Siren, 360 GT: Flexible Ethics. If anyone wants to dupe anything or just play along!

BTW, I've been drinking. Sorry if I get us killed!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
A corrosive e-tech smg and a corrosive blue automatic rifle walk into two robots protecting a crate underneath a refinery full of robots...

Moments later three corrosive weapons walk into a refinery full of robots.

:getin:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

limaCAT posted:

A corrosive e-tech smg and a corrosive blue automatic rifle walk into two robots protecting a crate underneath a refinery full of robots...

Moments later three corrosive weapons walk into a refinery full of robots.

:getin:

Haha it's argyle. An argyle gun!!!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

Haha it's argyle. An argyle gun!!!

Thanks for the loot and the help last night, JubJub! Much appreciated!

Man, I'm gonna have to start making mules or something.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

TVHM is brutal. I'm 41 and just getting to tiny tina. Since the flesh stick trick is no more, are there any other useful options for getting a couple levels ahead? Or is it just grinding away?

Depending on your console, you can always delete the patch and split screen offline. I know you can do this on ps3, not sure if you can on 360

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

TVHM is brutal. I'm 41 and just getting to tiny tina.

Glad I'm not the only one. I have a lvl 50 gunzerker that I just cannot stand to play anymore. Starting a new character is so much more satisfying, at some point.

Dkennedys8
May 16, 2005
Don't read this!
Anyone on this morning willing to dupe or trade some guns? Got a a crit. CC, Bee, Maggie, Baby Maker and some other stuff.

Oh ya. GT: dr00dle

Dkennedys8 fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 5, 2013

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.
My girlfriend and I are about to do the bunker fight in TVHM at level 45. I'm going in with a Gaige I've had specced like this (with +4 in More Pep and Cooking Up Trouble) for the most of the game. But Anarchy is a lot less useful than it used to be; I can only get 30 or 40 stacks going before I'm downed again. I'm thinking I should probably respec. I definitely want to have Close Enough and Myelin in there, but I could go either way on Blood Soaked Shields. Giving it a back-of-the-napkin overlook, I kind of like what this build has to offer. Can anyone speak for the Best Friends Forever tree in the late/endgame? Anyone have any other ideas?

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

I originally specced my Mecromancer heavily into the BFF tree to get the Sharing is Caring skill with the rest put into the LBG tree up to One Two Boom. Maybe it's because that's all I've ever played with her but I eventually found it boring since you're letting Deathtrap do much of the killing and I felt that your own offensive capabilities rather anemic despite all the elemental perks in LBG. Sure it's rare for Deathtrap to die thanks to the shield but you will miss him when he's gone and you have to wait for the cooldown.

I eventually set on going evenly in all the trees with this build along with a purple Jill of all Trades mod.
http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#520050121000154002100000411140131000

You can deal heavy damage with Anarchy and shock and burn damage and you can throw out Deathtrap when you need a distraction and/or want more stuff dead. I really can't wait for an increase in the level cap since maxing out Annoyed Android and Potent as a Pony could round out this build nicely.

You could give up Explosive Clap, Unstoppable Force, and Electrical Burn until you hit level 50.

EDIT: Turns out the Punk mod may be even better than fit for this build. The increase in rate of fire and magazine size reduction will make gaining Anarchy stacks a little quicker in addition to dealing more damage over time. More Pep, which is pretty useless right, gets replaced with Annoyed Android which we only need one point in to let Deathtrap zip around. Here's my revised build.
http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#520050121000053022100000411141121000

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 6, 2013

Dkennedys8
May 16, 2005
Don't read this!

Poala Bear posted:

Shoot me an invite (Hushi907) and I can dupe an electric and corrosive infinity as well as a fire and corrosive CC your way. Won't be on till later tonight (after 10pm pst)

I invited you and ad3m64, if either of you two want to trade some weapons. I am really looking for that shock inifinity pistol.

I have: Brisk Baby Maker, Crit CC, Zammechat White Death, Maggie, Flakker, Bee

360 GT: dr00dle

Dkennedys8
May 16, 2005
Don't read this!

Dkennedys8 posted:

I invited you and ad3m64, if either of you two want to trade some weapons. I am really looking for that shock inifinity pistol.

I have: Brisk Baby Maker, Crit CC, Zammechat White Death, Maggie, Flakker, Bee

360 GT: dr00dle

Thanks to Free Shurgs for all the great loot.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Dkennedys8 posted:

Thanks to Free Shurgs for all the great loot.
No problem man. Thanks for what you dropped too.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Working through TVHM and am currently at a Lvl 44 Gaige but my gear is terrible!! If anyone wants to help me out with some legendaries that would be rad.

360 GT: Braincloud TM

Braincloud fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 7, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I've gotten some xbox messages from SA dudes looking for guns, and it's easier to post here than reply to everyone.

The optical drive in my 360 is toast and until I come up with another one I can't dupe anything. If anyone knows where I can get a slim optical drive for cheap, I'm all ears.

Missing out on so much killing makes me sad. My mechromancer is up to 40 and is a lot of fun! Still using guns from 20 levels ago because my deathtrap lays waste to pretty much everything except bosses, and I play in a lot of public games so beating people to drops is annoying.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Pubbies are the worst. Some guy joined my game in the middle of a quest. He kept saying he needed to go to his bank to pick up his weapons. So we go to Sanctuary and he proceeds to glitch his weapon so much that it froze the game.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Jubs posted:

Pubbies are the worst. Some guy joined my game in the middle of a quest. He kept saying he needed to go to his bank to pick up his weapons. So we go to Sanctuary and he proceeds to glitch his weapon so much that it froze the game.

They can be annoying to be sure. Seems like half the time I'm 4/4 in a game where everyone is dicking around sanctuary doing nothing. Otherwise, I join them just to get vending machines with weapons at whatever level my alt is on. I don't particularly care if I'm being productive cuz it's a means to an end for getting quests completed that I've already done 3-4 times. Once I come up with 4-5 level appropriate guns then I'll start shooting things instead of relying on my specials to do any damage.

I'm a little surprised someone joined a game with their mic on. It seems like I'm the only one and everyone else is playing "single player with 3 other people."

Ugh, this is making me miss things even more. haha. Stupid dvd drives.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Yeah, I've basically decided to wait until the Hammerlock DLC comes out before firing up BL2 again. I've gotten basically all the weapons and gear I could want and just repeating the same quests is starting to get old. I'll boot it up if friends want to dick around, and I'll glitch my ES enough to pass the time and make things die quicker, but I plan on playing without the glitch when Hammerlock is released just because of the principle. Granted, once the DLC is defeated once or twice I might go back to glitchy play but right now I'm sort of more interested in other games (Halo 4, WWE '12, Rock Band Blitz) for my daily play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

ShadowedFlames posted:

Yeah, I've basically decided to wait until the Hammerlock DLC comes out before firing up BL2 again. I've gotten basically all the weapons and gear I could want and just repeating the same quests is starting to get old. I'll boot it up if friends want to dick around, and I'll glitch my ES enough to pass the time and make things die quicker, but I plan on playing without the glitch when Hammerlock is released just because of the principle. Granted, once the DLC is defeated once or twice I might go back to glitchy play but right now I'm sort of more interested in other games (Halo 4, WWE '12, Rock Band Blitz) for my daily play.

I need your help leveling up my Gunzerker.

• Locked thread