Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world
Re: Jungle:
I watched a few episodes while flicking through the TV with family, and I honestly could not stand some of the over-reactions/exaggerations they do for TV. Like, there would be a small creek running over due to the tropical rains of that area, and they made a big deal about DANGER OOH and really dramatized one member almost falling over in the stream. Not a river. Like, knee-deep. They used it to say poo poo like "THEN I REALIZED I WAS IN THE REAL JUNGLE" (hah right). It was cool to see some female idols/actresses (none TOO famous) in the wilderness w/o makeup, but other than that...

Maybe it was the particular episode I watched? Perhaps other seasons were better?

EDIT: Pageking, so some context.

Archer2338 fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Yeah, watching the first ep of season 2 and I definitely get that vibe. The first 30 minutes seems to be a recap (precap?) of the whole show, and there's lots of playing up the danger. The highlight of danger? They're getting into boats but see a storm (miles and miles away). The water gets choppy, one boat capsizes (they're 50 ft from shore, everyone wearing life vests). There's a whole lot of "ah gad stop the camera we have to go rescue them turn the boats around!!! :cry:" So yeah, don't see myself sticking with this show.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Kim Sori's MV teaser featuring her cameltoe rated 12+

So with all the insane reasons they use for banning videos/songs in Korea(any use of the word 'club', any use of the word 'alcohol', even if they're decrying it, "Use of slang that would be damaging toward the national psyche", "going against social norms", "Too sexual while driving", etc.), I guess this is somehow wholesome fun for the whole family. Oh MOGEF, keep up the good work :allears:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I never thought the first vagina I would see in a music video would be from Korea :gonk:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I never thought the first vagina I would see in a music video would be from Korea :gonk:

You got a problem with Korean vaginas or something? Nothing :gonk:worthy about that vagina.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Bahaha I think it had more to do with how conservative the country is you weirdo

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
MOGEF Official Policy 26b: rear end and vagina's fine. Just don't show them shameful titties!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
She looks familiar. Is this the same Sori that was one of the cast members of IY1?

Bradster
Aug 14, 2004

Ryan Reynolds brings a brilliant new form of acting in every movie he does!

qbert posted:

She looks familiar. Is this the same Sori that was one of the cast members of IY1?

Yep, same girl. Hope she does well this time around since her company did not promote her at all before. Not so confident in them though.

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world
She also had the whole fake "leak of nude picture" thing right? Where the agency purposely sent out articles that said pics had been leaked from her phone, and it was a pic of her shirtless, laying down on her stomach (and hiding the sensitive parts) and baring her back?

Bradster
Aug 14, 2004

Archer2338 posted:

She also had the whole fake "leak of nude picture" thing right? Where the agency purposely sent out articles that said pics had been leaked from her phone, and it was a pic of her shirtless, laying down on her stomach (and hiding the sensitive parts) and baring her back?

I did read an article claiming this. Not sure what became of it (probably nothing).

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Archer2338 posted:

Yeah, she was getting a henna tattoo. http://www.asianjunkie.com/2012/12/sori-topless-was-probably-the-worst-media-play-ever-company-continued-the-charade-anyway/

ruttivendolo
Oct 31, 2010

by elpintogrande
Has any of the group managers ever been arrested for assaulting fans? I found a few gifs of them slapping or beating fans, this is just to give an example:

What I find most strange is that they're all managers of male groups, I would kinda understand such reactions from a girl group but males?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

JYJ got into hot water over slapping their stalker fans before. The way the told it sounded pretty scary, with girls breaking in to steal their underwear and watch them sleep or something like that :psyduck:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I just finished up the Infinity Challenge Alaska/Bungee jump arcs that followed the Gil crimes special and it was pretty ok. The bungee jump segment didn't have a lot of air time or got edited out heavily, but the Alaskan segment was cool. These type of IC eps are the ones I enjoy, the cast just hanging out and having some laughs. Nothing crazy hilarious, but it was entertaining to see the IC staff in Alaska. I didn't know the episodes following immediately were HaHa's return to TV after he finish this military duties though. Going to add those episodes to the queue.

E: It's not noticeable how YJS holds together the IC staff, but you could feel his absence during the bungee jumping segments, that entire portion really felt lost.

E2: Found this when I was milling around the site that has the IC links, Leessang is going to have a tour in the US later this month:

quote:

The hip-hop duo will be performing in New York and Los Angeles. They will be in New York on January 24, 2013, and in Los Angeles in January 26, 2013. Female vocalist Jung In will also be touring with them.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 7, 2013

Bradster
Aug 14, 2004

Lyer posted:

the Alaskan segment

What episode is this? I really enjoy these type of episodes too.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Ep. 195-197, I think someone was compiling a list of all streamed IC eps and I thought the link was posted here, but it might have been in the RM thread. Either way, here's the listing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ajClhYXtgHMJN-HapYdX7xiEQS0_Txb61t3JtWBWias/edit?pli=1

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world
Oh I remember that. And the failure of the bungee group is a running joke for a long while :v:
And like Lyer, I really liked the sort of fooling around they did in Alaska. Barefoot races in deep snow leading to bleeding feet? Yup. Not stellar, but I personally really like it. It's better after you're familiar with IC sort of, though.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Looks like Kara is still doing great in Japan. A Korean group having a solo concert in the Tokyo Dome is pretty awesome.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

quote:

South Korean pop icon Rain has been confined to barracks for a week, the defence ministry said today, after his dating put him on the wrong side of the country's strict military service rules.

"Under a decision by the disciplinary commission of his unit, Rain will be confined to his barracks to spend seven days of repentance," a defence ministry spokesman said.

Barracks for a week, oh the horror!

Selane
May 19, 2006

Bankok posted:

Barracks for a week, oh the horror!

Yeah, I don't know why they even bother. Every time something like this happens the military makes excuses and finishes with 'oops we're sorry!', it's not like they're actually going to change anything.

Not just Rain, either.

Man, I can't wait until he gets out and starts running his mouth on Strong Heart about how tough the army is :allears:

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

Selane posted:

Yeah, I don't know why they even bother. Every time something like this happens the military makes excuses and finishes with 'oops we're sorry!', it's not like they're actually going to change anything.

Not just Rain, either.

Man, I can't wait until he gets out and starts running his mouth on Strong Heart about how tough the army is :allears:

"The week in my barracks was so difficult, it only had basic cable and a 37" flat screen."

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Meanwhile the real conscripts are stacked four to a room, eat pretty crappy/spartan meals, and are scraping ice and snow off the streets on base using cardboard with little to no cold weather gear.

No sympathy for Cleberty Corps.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
The first episode of season 2 of The Romantic & Idol is up and Ye Won steals the whole thing already.

Not really a spoiler but just in case

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Season 1 worth watching even though no Yewon?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Cassa posted:

Season 1 worth watching even though no Yewon?

Yes absolutely, it's only 8 episodes and it's good stuff

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I'm new to kpop fandom/Korean TV--what the hell is Beatles Code?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I'm new to kpop fandom/Korean TV--what the hell is Beatles Code?

It's just a talk show dressed up in a Beatles aesthetic. All of its segments are loosely inspired by Beatles songs, or are kind of puns based on Beatles songs. But they just have celebrities on and interview them like any other talk show.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Ah, okay. Simple enough. I only ask because I (embarrassingly enough) have liked like five different goofy-rear end S:h:NE fanpages on Facebook and they were posting the weirdest screencaps.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

All of SNSD is going to be on the last episode of Strong Heart:

quote:

According to a representative from the show, Girls’ Generation have been invited to participate in the last filming of the SBS talk show scheduled for January 17th. All nine members of the group will appear to discuss their recent comeback with “I Got A Boy” as well as stories from their time away from the K-pop scene.
http://www.allkpop.com/2013/01/strong-heart-to-air-girls-generation-special-for-last-episode

I'm actually really excited for this, SNSD is probably one of the few idol groups that are entertaining by themselves and in a talk show format. I hope they film RM during this promotions cycle, they're always a blast on there.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 10, 2013

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Strong Heart should fade to black as Yoona retells "It was my first time..."

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

TEHJOE posted:

Strong Heart should fade to black as Yoona retells "It was my first time..."

Wasn't the first story ever told on Strong Heart Yoona talking about how she burned a potato in a playground or something?

Edit: Whoops, I didn't get that that was the joke you were trying to make.

qbert fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 10, 2013

Selane
May 19, 2006

qbert posted:

Wasn't the first story ever told on Strong Heart Yoona talking about how she burned a potato in a playground or something?

Edit: Whoops, I didn't get that that was the joke you were trying to make.

Yes, then in a later episode she said that even her fans said that poo poo was terrible and she ought to keep her mouth shut.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

She should tell it again just to gently caress with people.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
I just finished up Coffee Prince and started watching History of a Salaryman. Coffee Prince was good and so far History of a Salaryman seems fantastic.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Selane posted:

she ought to keep her mouth shut.

Literally, Alligator Yoona etc,

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Even the other members of the group say she's like a 12 year old boy. As cute as it seems, I sure it wears off when you're woken at 3 in the morning because Yoona's found a chicken foot, stuck a piece of corn on it and just HAS to show you how funny it is.

Thought I'd like to hear more about this burning potatoes thing.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

Even the other members of the group say she's like a 12 year old boy. As cute as it seems, I sure it wears off when you're woken at 3 in the morning because Yoona's found a chicken foot, stuck a piece of corn on it and just HAS to show you how funny it is.

I'm telling you right now I would wake up at 3am and act like that chicken foot with a piece of corn on it was the loving face of God

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

Let me paraphrase her story for you.

Yoona: We had just finished our exams at school, and my friends and I were hungry. So we bought a sweet potato from the store and roasted it on the playground and ate it.
Hosts: :confused: So...when you say your first time...was that the first time you ate sweet potatos?
Yoona: No! That was the first time I ever did anything bad!
Hosts: ................ Everyone, isn't Yoona pretty??!?!?!?
*audience applauds*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
That story is great, what's not to love.

Lyer posted:

All of SNSD is going to be on the last episode of Strong Heart:

I'm actually really excited for this, SNSD is probably one of the few idol groups that are entertaining by themselves and in a talk show format. I hope they film RM during this promotions cycle, they're always a blast on there.

Awesome, although it's a bummer Strong Heart is ending.

• Locked thread