Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

RChimp Cola and Sintrapod's Resident Evil 5 LP is legitimately the funniest LP I've seen so far, and one of the funniest internet things I've seen period.

I can definitely second that. I've probably watched it three or four times now and I still think it's one of the funniest things I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

I haven't played WoW since Burning Crusade, but I was curious about the new content so I searched a bit for a decent let's play. Unfortunately, the vast majority of World of Warcraft Let's Plays are what you'd expect (teenage shut-ins race through with a lot of uncomfortable silence padding low-brow toilet humor and 1337 5P34k).

However, I did find a winner! Sabonz is a charming and talkative Aussie chap with a lot of Let's Play experience under his belt. He's genuinely enthusiastic about WoW, and not just the "epic lootz"; he spends most of the first episode of his Wow LP (which covers Cataclysm) going over changes to the interface for people like me who haven't played in a while. He doesn't rush through quests and usually reads the background text, which is great if you're into lore. He also likes showing off all the nice little touches Blizzard has put into its millionaire-making time sink, such as emotes and pop culture references.

I doubt I'll go through the whole thing, but anyone looking to check out the new WoW without actually resubscribing need look no further. He's also just started the Mists of Pandaria content; the last update was in December. Enjoy!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I'm looking for a humorous l.p. I can download onto my tablet to watch in the hospital waiting room. Any ideas on what videos are compatible with android? .Mov sure isn't

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
mp4 is, so http://bd.baldurk.org/1407/download/dynamicblisters.mp4

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'm looking for a humorous l.p. I can download onto my tablet to watch in the hospital waiting room. Any ideas on what videos are compatible with android? .Mov sure isn't

Most Blip uploads are MP4, so anyone who uploads there is a possibility. Or if I'm wrong and my sample is biased, at least all of mine/Roboky's are. Give me a bit to make sure some of the other LPs I've downloaded through Blip are still there and not purged in the recent housecleanings.

E: Late as hell but nope, Blip is really cracking down. I need to find an alternate hosting solution soon, before they nuke our account.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 10, 2013

Balqis
Sep 5, 2011

I'm feeling nostalgic and thinking back to the first LP I watched, called Holy Diver. I don't know if it was based off the song, but what I remember finding so hilarious about it (besides the insane difficulty and cursing - this was years ago) was that the LPer kept calling the protagonist Ronnie James Dio. I don't remember who LPed it, or even where I found it, although it was in video. Can anyone help me out?

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

Hey, I think I saw that! It was lordvega on youtube who did it, if I recall correctly.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Everything is compatible, you just need to download a good player. I like Rockplayer Lite. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redirectin.rockplayer.android.unified.lite&hl=en

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Marcade posted:

I can definitely second that. I've probably watched it three or four times now and I still think it's one of the funniest things I've seen.
I ended up watching the entire RE5 LP in a few days, I also really enjoyed the dan and dad LPs and the L4d 1 and 2 LPs so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations along those lines. Basically a funny, live, co-op LP with cool dudes who know what they're doing.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Redundant posted:

I ended up watching the entire RE5 LP in a few days, I also really enjoyed the dan and dad LPs and the L4d 1 and 2 LPs so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations along those lines. Basically a funny, live, co-op LP with cool dudes who know what they're doing.

Check out TheLastRoboKy's and Coolguye's LPs. They're each really great, and each one has had some stand out moments that are pretty cool. The games they're playing are pretty cool too, so it's a plus either way!

If you check out the Dawn of War II stuff, start with the non-Retribution thread first. They've finished that off and just made a new thread for Retribution. They do talk about DoW:II and it's expansion though, hence why I recommend starting there.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I just finished watching Crackle's LP of Penumbra: Black Plague, and unfortunately there isn't one done for Black Plague.

Can anyone recommend a good LP of it somewhere off-site? Preferably serious and subtitled.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

AMReese posted:

I just finished watching Crackle's LP of Penumbra: Black Plague, and unfortunately there isn't one done for Black Plague.

Can anyone recommend a good LP of it somewhere off-site? Preferably serious and subtitled.
It might not be up to snuff in regards to competence, but Khad did do all three: http://lparchive.org/Penumbra-Collection/

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Unfortunately, that one is voiced, and done blind, both of which turn me off from a Penumbra LP.

Not to mention, Khad's humor is not for me.

Thanks anyway, though.

Egomaniac
Mar 23, 2006

AMReese posted:

You mean you watched Overture and didn't see Black Plague? It's in the same entry on lparchive:

http://lparchive.org/Penumbra-Overture/

Crackle got almost to the end and then disappeared, so somebody else finished up the last couple of videos instead. That may be why it's listed like it is.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah, I was about to correct my post after seeing that it was on there, but then I checked the last video and skipped to the end ad didn't see any credits, but instead a save point.

Are you sure someone finished it? Because it's not in the archive if it is.

Egomaniac
Mar 23, 2006

Here're the final 3 updates by Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur

http://www.viddler.com/v/85a6cfc3

http://www.viddler.com/v/68d5cf58

http://www.viddler.com/v/7c6deb3

I guess no one added these when they archived the LP since they're not in the thread's OP.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Alright, thanks a lot!

Also, keep up the good work with your Siren LP!

EDIT: Of course, now I need a good Penumbra Overture LP.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 12, 2013

GODS NOT REAL
Sep 25, 2012

YOU STUPID BUNNIES
I'm looking for a relaxing Let's Play that I can unwind to, in the same vein as An Orbital Grouse's Endless Ocean LP (following Blue World already). I wish I could touch more fish :(

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Gushing Granny posted:

I'm looking for a relaxing Let's Play that I can unwind to, in the same vein as An Orbital Grouse's Endless Ocean LP (following Blue World already). I wish I could touch more fish :(
The laid-back-as-hell Kirby's Epic Yarn LP is an ideal LP to unwind to :v: Badump.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

AMReese posted:

EDIT: Of course, now I need a good Penumbra Overture LP.
Hmmm, you didn't mean Requiem do you? Cause Overture was done by Crackle.

Gushing Granny posted:

I found all of Bobbin's Thief LP's pretty relaxing: http://lparchive.org/Thief-I-The-Dark-Project/

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gushing Granny posted:

Loco Roco is a very chillax LP. I've fallen asleep to it not because it's boring but because it's just one of those games. A good LP.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Niggurath posted:

Hmmm, you didn't mean Requiem do you? Cause Overture was done by Crackle.

Yeah, I meant that, my bad. I heard Overture on the mind when I typed that.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Well maybe not exactly a Let's Play, Beaglerush's on-going iron man impossible runs are very entertaining. Funny, informative, and infinitely better edited then 90% of current X-Com videos which are usually terrible hour long, live commentary dirges.

I'm not sure how confusing these are to non-players but if you've played the new X-Com or are planning to, definitely check them out.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXctaw5JGF4LcidFVdkQMV1tc2DfC8x3D

GODS NOT REAL
Sep 25, 2012

YOU STUPID BUNNIES

The White Dragon posted:

Loco Roco is a very chillax LP. I've fallen asleep to it not because it's boring but because it's just one of those games. A good LP.

Link? Who did the LP?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Gushing Granny posted:

Link? Who did the LP?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3526152&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

Could anyone recommend a good Terraria LP?

Preferably by someone who knows what they're doing and explains stuff so I can play the game alongside the LP.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

a 16 year old girl posted:

Could anyone recommend a good Terraria LP?

Preferably by someone who knows what they're doing and explains stuff so I can play the game alongside the LP.

There haven't been any done around here, though I'm working on pulling one together.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Looking for a funny screenshot LP about any game really. Bonus points if it at least explains what's going on for people who just walked in oblivious to the game or genre. It doesn't have to be serious either in the sense of playing the game it was supposed to be played. It can be playing the game with a gimmick or handicap. Just as long as it's funny and not video. (I got a lot of time to kill soon and LP's tend to be a great way of passing time) Thanks :)

Also anything like this is welcome too. I just finished Detective Dog Dick's LP of MGS4 and it was great. :allears:

buglord fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 18, 2013

Hampooj
Jul 26, 2010

Avocados posted:

Looking for a funny screenshot LP about any game really.

I'm not sure how much you know/care about Dwarf Fortress, but those LP's are usually pretty hilarious, and I don't think you need to have :spergin: knowledge of DF to appreciate the crazy weird poo poo that goes on in those LP's. Plus they're usually huge and go on forever, so the ones already archived have a metric shitload of content to keep you going for quite a while.

http://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Boatmurdered/

http://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Headshoots/

http://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Syrupleaf/

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Which one is the one where they pour lava over everything I hadn't really been into DF, so I want to re-read it so I can truly appreciate some of the crap they pulled off.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Hampooj posted:

I'm not sure how much you know/care about Dwarf Fortress, but those LP's are usually pretty hilarious, and I don't think you need to have :spergin: knowledge of DF to appreciate the crazy weird poo poo that goes on in those LP's. Plus they're usually huge and go on forever, so the ones already archived have a metric shitload of content to keep you going for quite a while.

http://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Boatmurdered/

http://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Headshoots/

http://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Syrupleaf/

I've failed time after time getting into DF but experiencing it as an LP is quite a treat. This is great stuff, thanks!

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

Turtlicious posted:

Which one is the one where they pour lava over everything I hadn't really been into DF, so I want to re-read it so I can truly appreciate some of the crap they pulled off.

I've only read Boatmurdered myself, and I remember that happening in it, so that would probably be it.

Maybe I'll also reread it.

Hampooj
Jul 26, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

Headshoots. Syrupleaf is also a sequel/continuation of Headshoots too, so I guess you could count both of them as one massive multi-thread LP. Also as such Syrupleaf has spoilers for Headshoots since it's a continuation of where it left off, but the archived LP also mentions this right off the bat and says you should check out Headshoots first unless you don't care about spoilers.

e: To be fair I haven't read Boatmurdered for a long time, so it might happen in that one too but I think in specific you're talking about Headshoots. Although, honestly, that ends up happening in any DF game ever :black101:

Hampooj fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 18, 2013

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hampooj posted:

Headshoots. Syrupleaf is also a sequel/continuation of Headshoots too, so I guess you could count both of them as one massive multi-thread LP. Also as such Syrupleaf has spoilers for Headshoots since it's a continuation of where it left off, but the archived LP also mentions this right off the bat and says you should check out Headshoots first unless you don't care about spoilers.

e: To be fair I haven't read Boatmurdered for a long time, so it might happen in that one too but I think in specific you're talking about Headshoots. Although, honestly, that ends up happening in any DF game ever :black101:
Thanks, as soon as I saw the OP in the archives for Headshoots I knew that was the right one. I just remember laughing so goddamn hard.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

If it's a community game of Dwarf Fortress, that's something that happens in pretty much all of them, to be fair.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

senrath posted:

If it's a community game of Dwarf Fortress, that's something that happens in pretty much all of them, to be fair.

Well, in the one I'm thinking of there is this one just really well written bit with how scarred the land scape has become and how they've demolished all the trees around them.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I'm still screenshot illiterate when it comes to DF but as soon as I finish these LP's im going to make a legit stab at the game. Wont have the hijinks of a community build, of course, but a lot of this game seems to be reacting to crazy unforseen events like war dogs having puppies while fighting and elephants making smears of dwarfs on the gravel.

e:also traitorous monarch butterflies.

I was supposed to be reading this after the spanish test, not when I should be studying.

buglord fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jan 18, 2013

Hampooj
Jul 26, 2010

Avocados posted:

a lot of this game seems to be reacting to crazy unforseen events like war dogs having puppies while fighting and elephants making smears of dwarfs on the gravel.

I'm assuming you're reading them in order which means you're talking about Boatmurdered :getin:That was a glorious one. A lot of the hilarity of Boatmurdered comes from just how old that lp (2006 jesus christ) and version of DF was. Because there were so many absurdities and oddities with that version in specific, and that LP really shows it off. Super aggressive elephants :psydwarf:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I think the defining moment had to be that monarch butterflywho managed to jam open the doors and allow the elephants in while sacrificing itself. Luckily I hit a lull in the storyline where things are actually stable for once. I'll save the rest for later, like when I actually need it tomorrow. Thanks for the awesome suggestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Paper Lion posted:

Not quite a recommendation but a request, but a tragedy has happened.

:frogsiren:The Peggle Let's Play by Clownbirth has died!:frogsiren:

If anyone has backups and can reupload them somewhere, or at the very least a backup of the seventh video, they really aught to get those posted. That poo poo is too amazing to lose to the sands of time :(

Does no one have this uploaded anywhere? It's been months:smith:

• Locked thread