Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Lil bastard looks like he's about to die on the pull up bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

Lil bastard looks like he's about to die on the pull up bar.

We could only be so lucky.

I started using fitocracy, and as goofy as it is, I kind of like it. Keeps me honest actually logging stuff.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

smertrioslol posted:

We could only be so lucky.

I started using fitocracy, and as goofy as it is, I kind of like it. Keeps me honest actually logging stuff.

Ya fitocracy is pretty great. I log all of my poo poo on there plus a little notebook that stays in my gym bag.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I've been using fitocracy for a few years now and it's really great to track progress over time using their graphing functionalities.

I'm level 36 :smug:

I did yoga today and it was really fun/difficult.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
let's share fitocracies!!!! I'm bird_law on there.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

let's share fitocracies!!!! I'm bird_law on there.

I'm xwonderboyx! Nice to meet you.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

xwonderboyx posted:

I'm xwonderboyx! Nice to meet you.

You do the same thing I do where most of the people who you follow are attractive girls.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

You do the same thing I do where most of the people who you follow are attractive girls.

Nothing wrong with that. Just don't tell my wife :ohdear:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

xwonderboyx posted:

Nothing wrong with that. Just don't tell my wife :ohdear:

bro pact.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Cj Brennan on there. You'll notice that everyone I know on there is an evegoon; I started a space violence group :3:

Also, thank god for being home from leave. My family makes me fat and keeps me from working out.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

smertrioslol posted:

Also, thank god for being home from leave. My family makes me fat and keeps me from working out.

Holy gently caress how true this is. First run since going on leave today, not as bad as I expected despite the weather. I decided it was a good idea to go out in 10-15 degrees with shorts, a jacket, hat and gloves. My legs were cold as gently caress until the end of the first mile, when they went numb so it was all good I guess. The road was icy as gently caress and barely anyone else was running and certainly not in shorts.

fortdrum.txt

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Martello posted:

Holy gently caress how true this is. First run since going on leave today, not as bad as I expected despite the weather. I decided it was a good idea to go out in 10-15 degrees with shorts, a jacket, hat and gloves. My legs were cold as gently caress until the end of the first mile, when they went numb so it was all good I guess. The road was icy as gently caress and barely anyone else was running and certainly not in shorts.

fortdrum.txt

I did insanity bro and let me tell you. It kicks your rear end.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah I think I gained about 5 pounds in 3 weeks. Whatever, gotta cut loose every now and then.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Kaliber posted:

I did insanity bro and let me tell you. It kicks your rear end.

I've heard good things about it, and I'm thinking I need a 1-2 day a week high-intensity workout type thing to supplement running and lifting. I'll look into the insanity thing.

psydude posted:

Yeah I think I gained about 5 pounds in 3 weeks. Whatever, gotta cut loose every now and then.

Same here, fortunately I have 3 weeks of being an Afghan at JRTC to slim down (by not eating anything because I hate MREs) before bulking back up again when I get back to Drum. The good kind of bulking, of course.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

psydude posted:

I probably put on ten in two weeks. None of it good. I went from limited drinking, a highly regimented diet, and working out twice a day five days a week to boozing, eating, and not working out everyday.

This afternoon is going to suck.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I feel like poo poo with a sore throat and runny nose.

GONNA LIFT ANYWAY WOO

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Martello posted:

fortdrum.txt

You need to never, ever, EVER do this again just in case some stupid rear end in a top hat wants out hooah you, and have his platoon run along in tighty wighties and eyepro, because he has more hooah or whatever the gently caress.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.
What's up with treadmills just deciding not to work anymore while you're using them? One decides to shut down if I go at speed of 9.0-10.0 with a "check speed system" message and the other two stopped abruptly at speeds of about 7.5/8.0.

Is this a sign I'm too heavy to be running fast on treadmills? The idea of having to perform maintenance is why I won't buy one for home.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It's a sign that wherever you're working out at they need to replace the treadmills.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The worst thing in the world is when the belt becomes too loose on the treadmill and you're cruising along and all of the sudden, BAM, your foot and the entire belt slides forward like you hit a patch of ice.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

vacation in kabul posted:

It's a sign that wherever you're working out at they need to replace the treadmills.

I go to the armory because PT is free. I think they get their treadmills as hand me downs from the bigger armory across the state.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

not caring here posted:

You need to never, ever, EVER do this again just in case some stupid rear end in a top hat wants out hooah you, and have his platoon run along in tighty wighties and eyepro, because he has more hooah or whatever the gently caress.

I know, and two of my PLs are exactly the type to do it. Don't worry, I'd yank them right back to reality if they tried it. All I heard from the guys when I came out to formation in shorts was "gently caress that poo poo" and so on. The guidon bearer asked me if I was cold and I said no, which was true until I actually started running. Lesson learned - wear pants tomorrow.

Although if cold weather uniforms made any drat sense I would be issued some kind of base-layer running tights, or be able to wear the pair I own for running in the cold on my own time.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The uniform for non-formation runs is up to the individual, anyway. So the most said PL could hope to accomplish would be to piss off everyone in his platoon for the entirety of the formation before they quickly change back into their own poo poo.

Ref: AR 670-1, para 14-6

quote:

14–6. General guidelines
a. Soldiers may not mix or match PFU and IPFU items. When soldiers wear either the PFU or IPFU as a complete
uniform, they will keep the sleeves down on the sweatshirt or jacket, the legs down on the pants, and they will tuck the
T-shirt inside the trunks. Soldiers may not roll or push up the sleeves of the PFU sweatshirt or the IPFU jacket.
Soldiers may wear the sleeves of the PFU sweatshirt cuffed or uncuffed; they may not cuff the IPFU jacket sleeves.
Soldiers will wear the black knit cap pulled down snugly on the head, with the bottom edge of the cap folded up;
soldiers will not roll the edge of the cap. A similar, commercially designed black knit cap is authorized for wear. There
are no restrictions on the combination of IPFU items worn, unless the commander has prescribed a particular
combination for formation.
Standards of wear and appearance specified in paragraphs 1–7 and 1–8 of this regulation
apply at all times.

psydude fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 7, 2013

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

psydude posted:

The uniform for non-formation runs is up to the individual, anyway. So the most said PL could hope to accomplish would be to piss off everyone in his platoon for the entirety of the formation before they quickly change back into their own poo poo.

Ref: AR 670-1, para 14-6

Yup. Tell that to your average 1SG/SGM/CSM though. That's one of the great things about being a CO - I can tell all three of those guys to fall in/gently caress off and it's not just for me, it's for 130 dudes. My 1SG is thankfully one of the best NCOs I've ever worked with, AND a hard-drinking meathead. He doesn't care about stupid poo poo like everyone wearing pants all morning or not.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I'm too fat for pullups :negative:

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 7, 2013

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Is anyone interested in the Pendleton Mud Run in June?? I want to make a team but my friends are all fat and lazy.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

xwonderboyx posted:

It's ok I'm too skinny and weak. You have an easier road than me.

So my girlfriends uncle lives up the street from me and has a gym in his basement. Sweet I think, he has benches, a squat rack, treadmill and a ton of weights. The ceiling is eight feet high. I'm 6'3". gently caress, it's free and I'll use it for a while, beside my GF there are no resolution losers there.

Also I haven't done a THING for nearly a month. I'm five pounds heavier, but I think I'm 15% fat and 75% bone. Fuuuuck....

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

It's ok I'm too skinny and weak. You have an easier road than me.

So my girlfriends uncle lives up the street from me and has a gym in his basement. Sweet I think, he has benches, a squat rack, treadmill and a ton of weights. The ceiling is eight feet high. I'm 6'3". gently caress, it's free and I'll use it for a while, beside my GF there are no resolution losers there.

Also I haven't done a THING for nearly a month. I'm five pounds heavier, but I think I'm 15% fat and 75% bone. Fuuuuck....

You're not fat enough for the reserve component. :dogout:

So apparently none of the resolutionistas around here resolved to get to the gym before 6:30 in the morning, because it's been empty as poo poo. I'm glad to see my waking up early plan has been paying off.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

psydude posted:

You're not fat enough for the reserve component. :dogout:

So apparently none of the resolutionistas around here resolved to get to the gym before 6:30 in the morning, because it's been empty as poo poo. I'm glad to see my waking up early plan has been paying off.

I'm such an oddity in the guard. Everyone, like 80%, is either a lifetime fatty on profile, or an absolute monster who runs 10 miles a day and then squats 800 to warm up. Average people like me just don't exist.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I consistently stay 5-12 pounds under my screening weight and there are only a handful of fat people in my company. In my brigade though, I recall seeing some guy at AT last Summer that had to be over 300 pounds at maybe 6' tops. :wtc:

Reminded me of this guy: although he had a pedostache if I remember right. I mean, I don't give a poo poo if someone is slightly chubby yet still generally fit overall but when you get to the point of being morbidly obese?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
There's a guy in my brigade who no joke is nearly 400 pounds. A few people in my company have stories of him being banned from sitting on office chairs on their deployment because he kept breaking them.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Oh my gently caress, I think I know this travesty. I've seen the picture ages ago, but the dude lost some weight so he looks different, but I'm like 80% sure I know this guy.

Anyone ever get an ID on him or who he was with?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I think the patch on the guy on the left is WAARNG, 81st BCT according to Wikipedia.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Ah well, false alarm. Dude I knew was active (heh) duty, and a fat useless gently caress. Looks just like that fucker though. I remember he had to go to a court martial hearing (not his own, surprisingly), and hadn't worn his ASUs since basic, many years ago. They had no hope of fitting, so off he went to military sales, picked the biggest loving size they had, and pushed his fatbody self into them. The resulting amalgam of textile and man resembled a pear shoved into a blueberry.

Disgusting.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

not caring here posted:

Ah well, false alarm. Dude I knew was active (heh) duty, and a fat useless gently caress. Looks just like that fucker though. I remember he had to go to a court martial hearing (not his own, surprisingly), and hadn't worn his ASUs since basic, many years ago. They had no hope of fitting, so off he went to military sales, picked the biggest loving size they had, and pushed his fatbody self into them. The resulting amalgam of textile and man resembled a pear shoved into a blueberry.

Disgusting.

I kinda actually wanna see that, if only for the :stare: value.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

That's my brigade...if that pic is from 2008 Iraq then I probably know someone who has seen him

e: proudly rocking the Battle Stapler

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

xwonderboyx posted:

You probably can run like a mother fucker which is all the army cares about.

"Oh, well, 2LT Ashmole did the most push-ups and sit-ups in the company, but his run is only 14:25. He's OK at PT I guess"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Officer selection boards for O5 and higher are based purely on marathon time.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

xwonderboyx posted:

I can only do like 5-6 un-assisted. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

DoktorLoken posted:

I can only do like 5-6 un-assisted. :saddowns:

I just barely hit 4. I used to be able to do 8. Time to get stronger/lose a bit of weight.