Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Jubs posted:

I need your help leveling up my Gunzerker.
What level are you? I'm happy to drop guns & gear I can't use anymore on someone who'll get milage out of 'em.

While I got the top of the page, what's supposed to be the draw of Hyperion Pistols? I can't squeeze anything good out of them for the life of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Father Wendigo posted:

What level are you? I'm happy to drop guns & gear I can't use anymore on someone who'll get milage out of 'em.

While I got the top of the page, what's supposed to be the draw of Hyperion Pistols? I can't squeeze anything good out of them for the life of me.

Lvl 12

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Jubs posted:

Lvl 12
Hop on, I'll drop some junk on you.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Hyperion pistols are pretty meh until you get the lady fist.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Actually you mean the Fibber, which comes earlier and breaks the game four thousand times as hard.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

I am Reverend posted:

Actually you mean the Fibber, which comes earlier and breaks the game four thousand times as hard.

The fibber, I thought that was a pretty late-game drop? Isn't that the gun you get for the robot-boy quest?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

abaddonis posted:

The fibber, I thought that was a pretty late-game drop? Isn't that the gun you get for the robot-boy quest?

Yeah. I thought you could do it as soon as you get to the Eridium Blight but maybe it isn't available until later.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Jubs posted:

I need your help leveling up my Gunzerker.

I should be around starting about 4:30 pm Eastern US. My WWE Universe mode can hold off a day or so for me to get the new DLC downloaded and sorted the way I want it to be, I reckon.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sorry if this has come up before, but for the "complete all sidequests" achievement, do you have to do all the DLC side quests too? Or is it just the main story? I'm just after Angel and I just want a rough idea as to how much work I have in front of me.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Sorry if this has come up before, but for the "complete all sidequests" achievement, do you have to do all the DLC side quests too? Or is it just the main story? I'm just after Angel and I just want a rough idea as to how much work I have in front of me.

The main game one is just the main game sidequests and the DLC packs have their own achievements for doing all the sidequests in them. . You do have to do the level 50 "kill Terrormorphus" quest though so you'll have to either wait until then or get a kind soul to let you summon it then kill it with you present. As to where you are you probably have like 20, maybe 30 more sidequests to go not counting that one if you're just after the Bunker.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 8, 2013

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Evil Mastermind posted:

Aside from the arenas and driving sidequests, they're easily soloable. Depending on how many you have left to do, a few hours tops should be the time you need to finish it.

Regarding Terra, basically just ask in the thread and someone will likely help. Terra's my go-to for levelling folks now that Fleshstick isn't available and at 25K or so a kill it's about the easiest place I know of for quick XP (and also something I can easily solo for others).

EDIT: Traffic and work conspired to keep me late. Just got home, give me a half hour to destress and I'll be on for anyone who is looking for help.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 8, 2013

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

If you've been waiting to pull the trigger on the Mechromancer, it's currently half price on the 360 for 400MSP. No idea why, I don't think it's part of a sale. Unless Gearbox have lowered the price permanently.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
There's a 2k games publisher sale on the xbox. Is it worth 5 bucks for the mechromancer?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is the other stuff half price as well? The Creature slaughter dome? To answer your question yeah she's worth 5 bucks if you think you want to play the game again at any point in the future, she's a pretty good, fun character.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

weaaddar posted:

There's a 2k games publisher sale on the xbox. Is it worth 5 bucks for the mechromancer?

Yes. I thought she was worth the full price. Definitely worth the purchase at half price.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

Is the other stuff half price as well? The Creature slaughter dome? To answer your question yeah she's worth 5 bucks if you think you want to play the game again at any point in the future, she's a pretty good, fun character.
Seems to be just the Mechromancer and the usual 2K poo poo (Borderlands 1, Bioshock 2, Mafia 2).

And yes she's worth it if you're interested in starting a new character. Pretty diverse set of skills too.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Hey Slab! You're in the wrong game slab! And the wrong media!
C'mon Slab! Get it together! You can do it Slab!

I'm really sorry I couldn't resist...

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
I got a friend who vomited just about every single legendary and rare head into my account, twice. If anyone needs heads, my XBL tag is the same as my SA handle. I usually play mostly on the weekends, and often do Mass Effect 3 multiplayer but I'm willing to come drop some awesome on people. If anyone has a level 50 Neogenator, The Sham, Deliverance, or Seraph sheilds/grenade mods I would be very grateful, but I am glad to just spread heads around.

So, besides Terra, anyone got any suggestions for level boosting? I mean, obviously nothing will be as quick as fleshstick, but has anyone compared XP from BUNKR or Warrior or others that might be easily accessed for quick fights?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

KidKrampus posted:

I got a friend who vomited just about every single legendary and rare head into my account, twice. If anyone needs heads, my XBL tag is the same as my SA handle. I usually play mostly on the weekends, and often do Mass Effect 3 multiplayer but I'm willing to come drop some awesome on people. If anyone has a level 50 Neogenator, The Sham, Deliverance, or Seraph sheilds/grenade mods I would be very grateful, but I am glad to just spread heads around.

So, besides Terra, anyone got any suggestions for level boosting? I mean, obviously nothing will be as quick as fleshstick, but has anyone compared XP from BUNKR or Warrior or others that might be easily accessed for quick fights?

I'd love those costumes! My GT is Flexible Ethics. I'll shoot you a request.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Krampus, a few other goons I play with are looking for heads (and I wouldn't mind a couple as well). I'll try to remember to add you when I get home this afternoon. GT ShadowedFlames

Regarding Seraph stuff, I've got a Meteor Shower (name? It's the mod from Torgue) grenade, Evolution shield, and Blood of the Seraphs relic that I can dupe in exchange. Might have more on my secondary (Mechro) but I know on my main Siren that's what I have readily available. Think I have a 50 Deliverance on the Mechro too, I'd have to look. Also have some other legendaries which you likely won't need but anything I have that you'd like, I can offer as well.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 9, 2013

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

KidKrampus posted:

I would love the heads, my GT is MY BROS HOT DAD and I will add you when I'm on my 360, or add me. I am 95% sure I have a Sham that I can dupe for you as well.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
I've been scratching my head as to why I'm not quite loving BL2 as much as BL1 and I think I've identified 3 things that just are not working for me.

1. There are a lot more "shooter levels" as in they could be a level from any FPS where you just need to move from point A to point B. I don't mind having these, but they are everywhere. In BL1 you had a lot more open areas to wander about, and you would encounter a camp that sometimes had a kind of small corridor. But there was plenty of open space and neat things to find and check out. There are a few zones that do a really good job with the open areas, but just so many more zones are constrained.

2. There's not enough hidden chests/things to find off the beaten path. I was trying to find all the Vault symbols on my own, so I would go exploring, and there's just not enough hidden or tucked away. In BL1, it seemed if you tried to get on-top of a building, you were almost always rewarded. So many of the rooftops are void of anything cool. The reward for checking everything out, and exploring just isn't there.

3. The loot drops are just horrible. I'm not talking about getting Legendary orange weapons. I just mean the general drops really suck. I'm level 49 on my Maya, and I'm working through the last part of the campaign in TVH. When I kill a Super Badass, I expect something better than a white to drop. I don't need a shower of legendaries, but poo poo, it shouldn't have commons in it's loot table. Even worse, I killed 3 Super Badass Caustic Goliaths in a row, and they dropped NOTHING. At minimum it should be a 5 or 6 packs of money and ammo. It's like they tailored the game so much for these World of Warcraft endgame raiders that they forgot about the casual market. If it wasn't for Golden Keys I'd have just poo poo gear. At level 49 fighting level 50 mobs, I expect to see mostly greens and blues, not tons and tons of whites.

Over all I think Gearbox made some "sloppy mistakes" in BL1 that actually made it a more fun unbalanced game. They worked very hard to balance BL2, craft more story driven sequences and such, but in doing so lost the design and charm of the first game. Going to get Bloodwing is a great experience the first time you do it, but then the level becomes predictable and boring. But rolling into a bandit camp killing the handfull of dudes and rolling out is still fun the 50th time you do it.

Also, I hate when an enemy is shooting me with a very obvious type of gun, I kill him and he does not drop that gun.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

hippieman posted:

3. The loot drops are just horrible. I'm not talking about getting Legendary orange weapons. I just mean the general drops really suck. I'm level 49 on my Maya, and I'm working through the last part of the campaign in TVH. When I kill a Super Badass, I expect something better than a white to drop. I don't need a shower of legendaries, but poo poo, it shouldn't have commons in it's loot table. Even worse, I killed 3 Super Badass Caustic Goliaths in a row, and they dropped NOTHING. At minimum it should be a 5 or 6 packs of money and ammo. It's like they tailored the game so much for these World of Warcraft endgame raiders that they forgot about the casual market. If it wasn't for Golden Keys I'd have just poo poo gear. At level 49 fighting level 50 mobs, I expect to see mostly greens and blues, not tons and tons of whites.

I agree. I'm at Level 46 with my Mechro and my gear STILL sucks. I haven't found a decent shield in who knows how many levels and my class mods are pretty meh.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I miss my Double Anarchy and other broken but not legendary stuff. There needs to be more variety in the purples, and a little less balance against the player. I need to get back into it though, it's still a drat fun game.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Braincloud posted:

I agree. I'm at Level 46 with my Mechro and my gear STILL sucks. I haven't found a decent shield in who knows how many levels and my class mods are pretty meh.

hippieman posted:

Sounds like you guys need to burn some keys. I've gotten a few characters to 50 through TVHM and found that from about 43 to 50 there's a lack of decent drops. You can still slog your way through but for that hot knife through butter feeling the chest may solve your woes.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Well, if the PC patch notes are to be believed, at least one good thing is coming out of the eventual console patch.

Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in the "Whoops" mission of the Captain Scarlett DLC.
Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy's shields, even though it was hilarious.
Fixed a bug that caused off-hand weapons to sometimes deal improper damage while Gunzerking.
Addressed an issue where shotguns did not receive full damage boosts from skills and gear.

REMINDER: There is as yet no timetable for a console patch; this is just what the PC patch entails and so are a good precursor to what we can expect eventually!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

More codes because the game won awards for something or other:
PC / Mac Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF
Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBWJ3-JHKSK-ZHXT6-CRTJT-BW59W
PlayStation 3 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBK3B-FKWCT-KWKWB-SJWTB-XCZK3

PhunkMonkey
Apr 15, 2001

raditts posted:

More codes because the game won awards for something or other:
PC / Mac Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF
Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBWJ3-JHKSK-ZHXT6-CRTJT-BW59W
PlayStation 3 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBK3B-FKWCT-KWKWB-SJWTB-XCZK3

The PS3 code supplied me with 5 keys. Yay!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

drat, I seem to be missing something, I can't get the "Blight Explorer" achievement. I swear I've scoured both Arid Nexuses and I don't see any blank spots on the Sawtooth map. I just uncovered the hidden area in the center of the Blight, and I went up through most of the northwest part of the blight and shot the unique Gary guy but I don't see any other blank spots.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Speedball posted:

drat, I seem to be missing something, I can't get the "Blight Explorer" achievement. I swear I've scoured both Arid Nexuses and I don't see any blank spots on the Sawtooth map. I just uncovered the hidden area in the center of the Blight, and I went up through most of the northwest part of the blight and shot the unique Gary guy but I don't see any other blank spots.
It might be the hidden spot in the Sawtooth Couldron which you can only get to by jumping off the Buzzard's Nest. It's a small area with a tent and a weapon chest.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

It might be the hidden spot in the Sawtooth Couldron which you can only get to by jumping off the Buzzard's Nest. It's a small area with a tent and a weapon chest.

drat, I was just checking, and that IS it! Thanks.

Well, drat. I got all the individual exploration thingies but not the big trophy for all of them. I think I may have simply gotten the exploration for one zone on one character and not on my main. Yeesh.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 11, 2013

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Is aiming to stack Anarchy super high viable for Gaige? Maybe I play too recklessly, but I just finished the game for the first time, and towards the end I felt like I couldn't really get a good number of stacks going in actually challenging fights. Spent too much time in FFYL. And died too often. 3 blood soaked shields, 5 myelin.
It's frustrating, since Anarchy's hilarious when you have stacked it up, but since dying is a complete reset you feel so penalized. I actually ended up relying more on Discord and Rational Anarchist than Preshrunk Cyberpunk. Which was disappointing.
So, "Mid-30s Gaige survivability tips?" - is pretty much what this post boils down to.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Get some Cooking Up Trouble for Gaige, as well as Close Enough. Close Enough negates half of the problems with having an impossibly huge amount of Anarchy.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Bobfly posted:

So, "Mid-30s Gaige survivability tips?" - is pretty much what this post boils down to.
You'll want to put all five points into blood-soaked shields rather than three, 100% shield boosts are way better than 60%. Specifically, 5 points lets you recharge a nova shield every time you get a kill, which is pretty awesome. Whatever you can't bring down all the way, the nova shield usually finishes off, and the kill recharges it. I prefer shock due to its ability to be useful against every armor type.

Alternately, going with a nice Turtle shield can maximize the value of your recharges as well. The health hit isn't as bad since you'll constantly be recharging the shield.

In situations where charging in isn't viable, the right kind of cloud grenade can help tons for pouring on damage, preferably a lobbed or longbow version. Liberal use of transfusion grenades also works, albeit with less raw DPS.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Alternately, going with a nice Turtle shield can maximize the value of your recharges as well. The health hit isn't as bad since you'll constantly be recharging the shield.

The health penalty from the Turtle Shield also reduces the amount of health damage you take from Blood Soaked Shields. Blood Soaked Shields has fantastic synergy with both Nova and Turtle Shields for the reasons you mentioned.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

PhunkMonkey posted:

The PS3 code supplied me with 5 keys. Yay!

Same here on 360!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wow I've had maxed Blood Soaked Shields for as long as I can remember but never thought about using a Nova shield with it. Time to equip Hide of Terra tonight and see how that works out.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Looks like they're throwing a bone for you guys searching for ~*~phat lewt~*~ in anticipation of the new DLC...

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/985/borderlands-2-gear-up-weekend

quote:

Gear up for the release of Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt -- the third campaign add-on for Borderlands 2, arriving January 15 -- with special in-game events this weekend!

The festivities begin today, January 11, with Vault Hunters reporting that various areas of Pandora have seen an influx of powerful shotguns. To join in the fun, simply boot up Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet before the supply runs dry -- based on current conditions, expect the excess to be exhausted at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT on Saturday, January 12 (What time is that for me?).

What will tomorrow bring? Check back here on GearboxSoftware.com at 11AM CST / 5PM GMT (What time is that for me?) to find out!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Welp, looks like a good time to farm Deliverances and Conference Calls if you don't have them already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

Sleekly posted:

Sounds like you guys need to burn some keys. I've gotten a few characters to 50 through TVHM and found that from about 43 to 50 there's a lack of decent drops. You can still slog your way through but for that hot knife through butter feeling the chest may solve your woes.

For me it's not so much about my character's gear. I usually burn a key every 3 levels. It's more about the bitter dissapointment of killing a very very hard to kill boss or a Super Badass and not seeing anything drop at all (I mean not even money or health packs). Remember the intense battles in BL1 where when everyone was dead you'd have a sea of beams of light sticking up from the ground of all colors? I want that again. Even if I'm going to sell 95% of it. I need it to feel "Like Christmas" after big battles. Right now it feels like Arbor Day.

• Locked thread